You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HELP! I can't get my enemy villagers to move or work???
posted 10-22-05 06:26 PM EDT (US)   
I've created my first scenario, but when I play test, it's a 1v1. My vills appear and get to work on the crates, and I can control everything ok. But when I goto the enemy towncenter, the villagers have appeared but they just stand there!

Hence, how do I get them to move... I presume it has something to do with the Ai... or lack of it?

Any help would be appreciated, then I'll upload it onto here, as it's fairly good.

Im getting a sweater for christmas , I'd much rather have a screamer or a moaner ho! ho! ho!
Replies:
posted 10-22-05 06:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Go into player options and click on the ai button, then select the ai you want.
posted 10-22-05 06:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
go to sceanario in the menu to player data choose the player click ai navigate to wanted file click it once and hit open. There are things like building placement that can impede thier function.

ya what he said

[This message has been edited by sziggi (edited 10-22-2005 @ 06:41 PM).]

posted 10-22-05 06:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
hmmm, thats what I have been doing and nadaa! Theres quite a few ai files, for different home city levels, then there are a few other files at the end of the list. Is there any in particular I should use? I set player 2 to french, computer controlled, hidden... there is the ai button, clear ai, hc... etc. I am a noob on the scenario stuff, is there any decent guides for using the editor?

Thanks anyway.

Im getting a sweater for christmas , I'd much rather have a screamer or a moaner ho! ho! ho!

[This message has been edited by MaxReailty (edited 10-22-2005 @ 06:49 PM).]

posted 10-23-05 03:15 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
For some reason, the AI does not work in SP tests. It just doesn't want to. Maybe you should make a trigger with the effect: "settling processes" ON, I hear that has something to do with all AI settings and activation.

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.

[This message has been edited by Nodgene (edited 10-23-2005 @ 03:15 AM).]

posted 10-23-05 04:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
Ok that's the solution:

After u have choose an AI for each civ, u must "start" the AI, to do this u must insert an object called "AI Start", u should add this object for each civ.

posted 10-23-05 04:27 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
Thanks, that's helpful!
posted 10-23-05 10:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
Ive tried to give him AI's and when I set him to active then I am controling the one I set to computer.. I tried quite a few of the AI's and a number of triggers. If anyone can help with making a PC active and moving that would be great. Or if someone has a map they made that works with triggers that would be great as well. Bottom line is everything I have done still makes a unmoving PC.

Thanks in advance
Fen

posted 10-24-05 02:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
yeah, i got the same probs.
i only get to control lthe player i set to AI.
and the one i choose to be human is not moving or acting at all.
posted 11-16-05 08:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
How do you "insert a trigger object"?
I have been reading the above notes because I cannot get my AI controlled villagers to do anything either. Have tried the "single click" AI file solution and that does not work either.

If you ask me...this whole MESS might have been avoided if the game producers had included a basic instruction manual WITH the scenario editor!

...and I STILL cant get the AI to do anything.

[This message has been edited by Confedr8 (edited 11-16-2005 @ 08:32 PM).]

posted 11-16-05 08:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
Confedr8, just calm down and I'll try to explain things to you...

Step 1. Place a normal Town Center for the computer player. Then go into objects and display everything, at the very top there's an object called "AI Starter". Make sure that you've selected the proper player you're trying to apply the AI to and place the "AI Starter" next to their Town Center.

Step 2. Go to Scenerio > Player Data and find the option "AI" next to the proper player. Select from the list the AI you wish to apply and press Open, do not just double click because that won't load the AI.

That should do the trick, if it doesn't then say so and I'll try to explain it again.

ESO Name: Dark_Jedi06
AgeCommunity Statistics | ELO Rating

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

[This message has been edited by Dark_Jedi06 (edited 11-16-2005 @ 11:22 PM).]

posted 11-16-05 11:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
OK Thanks..I'll give it a try..
posted 11-16-05 11:43 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
Make sure your computer players have the AIStart object placed right by their town centers, and that the town centers are actually objects belonging to platers 3 and 4 respectively.

Make sure the computer players are set to computer in the scenario data area and that they both have the LoadAIStandard AI assigned to them.

Also, I make sure their is a trigger for the computer players that runs immediately setting them up with the TC and CW spawning.

Hope that helps.

If you need more, download my "New England Battlefield" scenario and call it up in the editor and see how I did it there.

posted 11-17-05 06:24 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
what IS an AI start object? And what is TC and CW? Sorry for all the inane questions...I've only been at this for a week...

Also, Jeff..I tried your suggestion and all seems to work..except that when I start the scenario to play it..the AI village is visible and my human controlled one is not....how do I fix this?

thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Confedr8 (edited 11-17-2005 @ 08:09 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » HELP! I can't get my enemy villagers to move or work???
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames