Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign Annoucement FORTITUDE
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02-20-06 03:06 PM EDT (US)   

Fortitude available for down load

a campaign by:sziggi

This is the story of Fendle De Crem. He grew up happy in the Mountains of Northern New England. Yet this story begins as Fendle's life takes an unsuspected turn he was not prepared for. With nothing left for him at home he sets out to find his fortune. Yet with a bitter hart has set his table with the devil, to play his game and test the wit of his minion..

With his cousin Curade De Coop and his loyal hound Breuart they make their way into a word just waiting for green horn Mountain men. Still Fendle has pulled out all the stops and is ready to roll the bones for all the spoils. Yet will it be enough. And when will he recall the words of his mother, and remember one life's greatest treasures.

Fortitude is a campaign consisting of four scn. and five cinematic. It contains many types of game play and is based in a rich rpg setting. From picking one of the feuding families to Chatueka's fierce battles, your skills shall be tested, along with your decision making and puzzle abilities. Frostbite systems, buying of property, jobs and relationships, also a karma control system give your decision new weight and add a level a replayablilty to Chapter 3 as well as Chapter 2 and a creative type difficulty to Chapter 4.
Contained in this file is also a Proto with a few hundreds new objects for the scenario editor, (thanks ES), please make use of them. I would like to see this file become part of a standardized file we can all use for are scenario. Any question about game play, this would be the place to ask.

My March date for part 2 is a bust, as you may have noted as scenario designers this level of finish is a marriage till the end. Yet I have some exciting (build and destroy) planned with a new and different AI and game play, and have been working with many more moded units, lighting, and terrain textures, as well as new trigger surprises. I simply can't wait for you to enjoy, but for now have fun with Fortitude Part 1, and if there are things you would like to see implemented, let me know I'll see what can be done.

Here are some new screen shots from Fortitude.

Intro

The Hero's

Scrimshaw Mt.

Plotting

waterfall

Cohan memorial

Chatueka

workers

help preist

I'm not worried

interior

hill fort

Glenadale

boat side

Your gold captain

Iroquois camp

musketeers

Big gun on winter Island

Glendara house

found editor objects

things to come

New!

Actonk

New!

Town_Center

New!

Designer Notes.

Fortitude was roughly mapped out in bare bones in a twenty minute manic episode, (I find the potentcy of ideas and images to be much stronger at these times). I prefer to work with limited refinements, though I dont suggest it, it dose allow me to stay close to the editor and keep an edge with the design and triggering and not get to bogged down with story theatrics. Yet my most successful venture Temple of the Sun was not of this model it is my preferred work style.

I do enjoy build and destroy yet creating and playing original type game situations may keep me busy for some time to come. I love realism and fantasy, but not fantasy with out realism. This quest eventually takes me to the trigger editor. I work my triggers (for rpg) with the first on. The rest are off and the use the fire event to guide any number of impulses with fair control. Some of my system use two and three hundred triggers, running at any given time in strings with out lag, this is not unheard of. With a set naming system I can block them out rather quickly and after forgetting them go back and find what I want with out the frustration.

With Chapter 3 Opportunity Knocks I was reminiscing of aoe II city maps I had played and how some of them where so big. I wanted to create a citys that filled a big map and had an interesting exploration plan, realistic day to day life with out the fruitless walking.

For this endeavor to be pulled off nicely I would need some ideas and information. I am lucky to be located near the historical city of Salem Mass. Using a layout modeled on this city and old maps and some investigation, I was able to employ a rhythm of building style similar to this very interesting place.

map(big file)

This is not always the easiest thing to do, yet all the objects really helped. Not just to fill the map but to learn the story behind them imagining them in all aspect of design and game play. I will at times stop a building push to go play with a set of units and see how they fit together. Its this curiousness even when trying to finish a thought that can flourish some of my best ideas, and lose them.

One idea I had for Chapter 2 was a code at the end of the game tallying what you have acquired during the scenario, and in the next scenario asking for this code to get back what you had. Yet alas this was beyond my means.

A lot of these ideas like the karma control- as I begin plotting I realize the scale of multiplicity and settle for a scaled down version, a microcosm of my original idea. Yet these ideas only play out because I have had eyes bigger than my stomach so many times I know to scale down the original idea before I even start.

Alright guys happy motoring.

[This message has been edited by sziggi (edited 03-23-2006 @ 02:43 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-20-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 50  
Amazing
posted 02-20-06 03:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 50  
wow.....ur a very good designer

(speechless) =)

keep up the good work

posted 02-20-06 04:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 50  
Looks absolutely awesome. A lot of info though.

Visit The EyeCandy Guild!
« « Co-Founder & Co-Leader » »
ForumTeam
retired
posted 02-20-06 04:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 50  
The screenhots are absolutely breathtaking!

Like Gaurdian stated, one word describes this: amazing!

And I have a question: Do I have to delete my original proto file to play this? If I delete the original proto, will it affect online play? Thanks

OMG, the lurker has posted!

[This message has been edited by The Feared One (edited 02-20-2006 @ 04:05 PM).]

posted 02-20-06 04:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 50  
Back up your original proto and rename the one in the Age folder originalproto. It's like getting a mod proto, but do not delete the original, or you're in trouble.

Visit The EyeCandy Guild!
« « Co-Founder & Co-Leader » »
ForumTeam
retired
posted 02-20-06 04:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 50  
Ah, I see, thanks Zeus

posted 02-20-06 06:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 50  
Oh, very nice.
posted 02-20-06 06:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 50  
*stunned* especailly this one http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-8/1064766/chetueka.jpg

Btw where have you been? I haven't seen you since before christmas?

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 02-20-06 06:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 50  
This looks incredible....Great Work!

Breathtaking screenshots... I can't wait.

AOE III/TWC: 1st Lieutenant
TAD: Master Sergeant (~30 Games Played)
posted 02-20-06 08:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 50  
How did you make that purple swirl in "Things to come" and the waterfall?

[100% leet]+1-14+ i5 5000 (001!!!!!!!!!!!11[/100% l33t]

My looking at the minimap, it seems you've done quite a bit. How much do we have to wait :P

If you stereotype children as stupid flamers, I hate you, me being thirteen.

"Physical activity is for pansies. Real men play Age of Empires." - Me

You can rearange the letters in "mother in law" to spell "woman hitler".

[This message has been edited by Zeeky_Bomb (edited 02-20-2006 @ 08:27 PM).]

posted 02-20-06 08:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 50  
Hi guys thanks for the encouragement.I've been busy with the projcet and such and been trying to work out a conection, verison is expanding in my area and comp probs. So I've clawed my way onto the net with dial up.

Guardian I must say your project is looking very good, I like your finesse with the underbrush props, and the terrain mix.
It's nice to see nature looking so natural you defenatly have the touch.

Part one is available now the hot link is at the top of this doc I'll make it more visible.Fortitude

The loading of the proto is stated correctly above and is also in the read me.

The pinkness is a particle file "pollen" attached to my aztec painted queen.

I hope to due updates as the work progress, so keep a eye out for this thread rising from the old thread catacombs.

posted 02-21-06 00:28 AM EDT (US)     12 / 50  
WOWWOWOW! Nice! You did a bit of unit reskinning, eh? I wish I had your gfx.... Absolutely awesome work. I can see why you have been busy...

*sigh* I wish I had the time to work on a massive project like that....

The interior of the cabin shot wins my "why-didn't-i think-of-that" for today...

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache

[This message has been edited by Shaw DA MAN (edited 02-21-2006 @ 00:41 AM).]

posted 02-21-06 02:23 AM EDT (US)     13 / 50  
Wow I suck...I can't seem to get passed the FIRST objective XD Where is the woodsman? Thanks

posted 02-21-06 03:10 AM EDT (US)     14 / 50  
your fortidude on the mountain was pretty good, but it contained alot of bugs with triggers not working, if you would fix them it would be pretty good. and explain this :

Quote:

Contained in this file is also a Proto with a few hundreds new objects for the scenario editor, (thanks ES), please make use of them. I would like to see this file become part of a standardized file we can all use for are scenario. Any question about game play, this would be the place to ask.

You say ES send you a proto files with new units? And might this file be in the new patch? Im confused
Really awesome screens tho, i like the cohan memorial one . I also liked the lightning in fortidude, how you mixed those lightnings.
posted 02-21-06 04:51 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50  
Woot. Sziggi does it again

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 02-21-06 04:54 AM EDT (US)     16 / 50  

Quote:

Where is the woodman

there is a x mimi mp icon at the bottom of the map. These maps may be difficult to do quickly. Take your time, you'll still finish before I can finish part two.

Quote:

bugs with triggers

if so please point them out, I know chapter three has a logic hole we'll see who finds that one. and I'm sure its not perfect I was rushing to get this out the door.

Quote:

I would like to see this file become part of a standardized file we can all use for are scenario.

Insted of having to move our protos every time well d.l. a scn. using a standard proto.

Quote:

You say ES send you a proto files with new units?

No dude I got the same disk you did. You just need someone to pull all the stuff off the disk

Quote:

how you mixed those lightnings.

I wish we could mix one lighting to another some of these photos are worked with Photoshop. Although they look good in game shots are shadowy , so used a brightness contrast to shots like "Glenadale". On "Workers" I even painted in the sky.
posted 02-21-06 06:45 AM EDT (US)     17 / 50  
This entire campaign looks exceptional.

posted 02-21-06 10:23 AM EDT (US)     18 / 50  
How does one access those "found editor objects"?

Although that stable thing with the horse looks like something from the harbor in the British Home City.

[This message has been edited by EmperorPatrick (edited 02-21-2006 @ 10:24 AM).]

posted 02-21-06 06:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 50  
Hi Emp, listen if your not interested in the camp just don't use the extractor and move the files your self. But get the xml files too, theres some great stuff. Just know you'll be really missing out on a fun campaign.
posted 02-21-06 08:04 PM EDT (US)     20 / 50  
Wow, the screenies look beautiful.

I had a sneak preview at this proto file and it had some really cool units in it. So cool, in fact, as you know sziggi, I borrowed a few of the new units for my own work.

My new drive is in transit and I want to try out this project and see the work come alive. Your screenies make my mouth water for a better video card to render that atmospheric fog you've so effectively used.

posted 02-22-06 11:03 AM EDT (US)     21 / 50  
Must click download link.....
I must do it....
Clickkkkk...
argghhh...
I can't survive without playing this...
*clicks link*
Muhahaha, let's see how many bugs i can find! Muhahaha!

Rain is coming down
posted 02-22-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)     22 / 50  

Quote:

Hi Emp, listen if your not interested in the camp just don't use the extractor and move the files your self. But get the xml files too, theres some great stuff. Just know you'll be really missing out on a fun campaign.

I am interested in playing the campaign, and I don't know what would make you think that I wasn't. And I'm also interested in those editor objects. I just don't know how to get them. Could you please tell me. Also, downloading this campaign won't affect my game at all, right?
I have no idea what xml files are, or what extractors are. I'm not too computer savvy. Could you please explain?

EDIT: I just downloaded it, but how do I play it? Also, will it affect my game at all, or my computer? In the read- me, it said that i have to back up some files. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I got nervous about the file hurting my computer, so I deleted it. I want to play it, i just want my computer and AOEIII to be OK. Can you ensure that they will be? Also, where do I save it, and how do I open it?

[This message has been edited by EmperorPatrick (edited 02-22-2006 @ 02:20 PM).]

posted 02-22-06 06:09 PM EDT (US)     23 / 50  
Hi guys how you doin?

ok Patrick, take a deep breath well be fine, its not to difficult. There is tree files were going to go get.

go to my computer on your desktop and double click

next youll see local dive c click that

this is a bigger folder were you'll find Program files look for that and click it.

next were in a bigger folder but its alphabetical, look for Micosoft games and click it.

now you should see age of empires III click and were in.

ok minimize the window size and open My documents and make a folder called back of aoe III (do this with a right click in the folder and select new)

now go back to the aoe folder we opened and look for a folder called campaign

once inside there a folder called "Blood Ice Steel", open it and find the file "Blood Ice Steel" and right click copy

then select the My documents window and the folder Aoe III back up and open it and right click in the folder and select
paste. The file should now be in it.

The other two files are Proto in the data file and the last one is listed in the read me is a campaign spash screen in the Art folder to Icon to ..... I'll have to check, I have to go now I'll finish in a few hours. Just use the path name in the read me, you should be ok to find it just follow the folder names and repeate the proscess. I'll be back.

posted 02-22-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     24 / 50  
Sziggi, you reskinned some units, right?

offtopic: emperorpat when do we get your screenshots back?

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache

[This message has been edited by Shaw DA MAN (edited 02-22-2006 @ 06:57 PM).]

posted 02-22-06 08:41 PM EDT (US)     25 / 50  
I have been playing it whenever I get the chance and its so fun! I owned those orange Indians with my 1 HP Fendle . Hitting and running is fun ;o. I'm currently on the part where I have to deliver the medicine on the mountain.

Too much homework now, but I'll play it later

I would give it a review, but I'm honestly horrible at reviewing anything...I would end up just giving everything a 5 xD

[This message has been edited by The Feared One (edited 02-22-2006 @ 08:42 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign Annoucement FORTITUDE
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames