loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Duel
posted 02-16-07 05:07 AM EDT (US)   

"Death. The West is flooded with it."

Teaser Trailer

The Duel

Description:

This is a Western cinematic I'm working on about the lives of two characters: Wallace Sanders, the grim new sherriff of Alestone Town and 'Crackshot' Bill Jacobson, a witty outlaw who has become notorious in the West for his daring robberies. Both of their storylines will eventually converge when the two are involved in a deadly duel.

Features

If you liked my cinematic, 'Little Bighorn', you'll love this.
This cinematic will dig deep into the personalities of both Wallace Sanders and Crackshot Jacobson, with more dialogue, more drama and more action.

Screenshots:

http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theduel1qz8.jpg

no terrain in this:
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=funeralmf6.jpg

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crackshotjacobsonak1.jpg

This isn't going to be in the cinematic but I just quickly made something that kind of resembles the duel I've planned:
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aduelnt7.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=billescapehh0.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wallacenightca6.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=emmetincivilry4.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anteitamqy9.jpg

Progress:
.......... 50%

The Duel: Coming Soon...

PS- If anyone would like to do voicing for this that would be great

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 07-02-2007 @ 00:58 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-17-07 10:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
Looking good! though not in luv with the tag line.
posted 02-25-07 00:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
Wallace Sanders

Raised by his uncle, Newton Sanders, Wallace Sanders has been grim, unsmiling and riddled with doubt and bitterness ever since the death of his much admired father in the Civil War. He has sworn to find one who killed his father and kill him, but at the moment he has just moved into Alestone Town, an unruly place plagued with robbers, murderers and sometimes even both put together. When the sherriff was killed just prior to his arrival, Wallace signed up to be one, to bring order where there is chaos, and to take his ever-increasing anger out on those thilthy bandits who dare show their faces in town.

That's the first description of one of the characters, you can expect some more in a few weeks time.

The Duel: Coming Soon

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 03-05-2007 @ 11:42 PM).]

posted 03-04-07 04:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
This looks wicked! I can't wait for it to come out.

PS: @TinyPiesRUs, do you have an ESO account, and if so what is it called, because I have one now!

My Scenario list:
The Battle Of Bighorn Lake - Coming soon.....
War in the village - Coming soon
The Great Fort Wars 1,2,3,4 - OUT NOW!!!!!
Warchief Wars - Coming soon.....
The War For Australia: Version 2 - Coming soon
posted 03-04-07 02:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
My ESO Account is TinyPiesRUs
I'll post up another character tommorow

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 03-04-2007 @ 02:02 PM).]

posted 03-09-07 04:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 26  
Bill 'Crackshot' Jacobson

Little is known about Bill Jacobson, except that by the age of eleven, he had earned his name 'Crackshot', when he shot a thief ten yards away with his father's rifle. At the age of fifteen, his parents left him on his own in Alestone Town for unknown reasons. Ever since, he has been known to cause the place grief. Starting off as a petty robber, he soon gained the respect of a local gang of thugs. By his 25th birthday, he was the most wanted in Alestone, and 25 years on, he still is. A calm and polite character, Bill can still change into a cold-blooded killer at the snap of a finger.

The Duel: Coming Soon

posted 03-09-07 06:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
This will brobably be the best thing ever, i think. As in a cinematic. The views look awsome, and so is the story line!

My Scenario list:
posted 03-29-07 04:28 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
Hows it going Tiny? I am getting so excited for it to come out! I'll be putting up a review on gg, this weekend, I think.

My Scenario list:
posted 03-30-07 05:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26  
I've been i little lazy lately :S and haven't done very much more. Oh well, I'll probably do more of it once the holidays come

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 03-30-2007 @ 05:25 PM).]

posted 04-05-07 07:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 26  
Emmet Sanders

Wallace's loved father, Emmet Sanders, was a tough soldier who fought for the Union in the Civil War. Being a wise and fast-thinking soldier, he quickly rose to the rank of Colonel and being a very competent one, he took part in battles such as Bull Run and Antietam. He realised that it was too dangerous for his young son, Wallace to live in Virginia, so he sent him and his family to start a new life in the Wild West. A few months later however, they received the new that Emmet had been killed at Gettysburg.

The Duel: Coming In July..

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 05-09-2007 @ 01:10 AM).]

posted 04-05-07 07:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
seems good i allways love cinematics. but the plot seems predictale that bill jacobson killed emmet sanders but i gues you'll have to suprise me ... or not.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 04-05-07 10:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
I can't really tell you much about that without spoiling the story, but all I'll say is that no one in this cinematic are exactly bad guys. It does sound like a predictable story from reading that, but it isn't really, and there are plenty of twists.
posted 04-08-07 01:10 AM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
Cool, it's coming out in May. That's when it is my Birthday. 17 of May, lol.

HAPPY EASTER

My Scenario list:
posted 04-08-07 01:39 AM EDT (US)     13 / 26  
I think you should make Emmet Sanders a Colonel. Oh wait he is a colonal, thats awsum!
And this looks like itll be really cool.
Happy Easter yall!

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited 04-08-2007 @ 01:41 AM).]

posted 04-08-07 06:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
I think you should make Emmet Sanders a Colonel. Oh wait he is a colonal, thats awsum!

lol, I was waiting for someone to realise that

Cool, it's coming out in May. That's when it is my Birthday. 17 of May, lol.

Cool, my birthday's today. I get easter eggs and birthday presents

Happy Easter Everyone!

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 04-08-2007 @ 06:51 PM).]

posted 04-22-07 04:54 AM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
Actually on second thought, it will probably be released some time in July. I'm trying to tie everything together and fill in some gaps before progressing with the story as things seem to jump a bit at the moment :S

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 04-24-2007 @ 07:05 PM).]

posted 05-19-07 10:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
Triple Post :S

I've made a preview for The Duel, but my zip program has stuffed up again. So I'll just post up some screenshots:

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=billescapehh0.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wallacenightca6.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=emmetincivilry4.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anteitamqy9.jpg

PS. I don't want to quadruple post
posted 05-29-07 04:27 AM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
Looks good ill definately be downloading when you finish it. Keep up the good work.
posted 07-01-07 07:33 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
Okay, I've uploaded a teaser for The Duel.

You can find it Here

The Duel is going pretty well, it should be ready this year

Havn't really got anymore screenshots, but I might do another character showcase thing soon

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 07-01-2007 @ 07:35 PM).]

posted 07-02-07 06:08 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26  
looks good. a very high quality cenimatic.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 08-27-07 06:24 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
I thought the teaser was great. Nice job TINY!

My Scenario list:
posted 08-31-07 08:17 AM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
Thanks Todd, I aim to please Well, I've been a little busy lately, so I havn't been able to do much more. Meh, I suppose I'll try to get a character or a few screenshots up by tommorow or something
posted 08-31-07 08:32 AM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
I watched it also, and have a question. How do you get the "character's view" camera so you dont get the sky view camera.

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your signature. <----i copied it.

"Whats this trigger do?....oopse..
posted 08-31-07 03:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
He most likely just downloaded the new editor, which has a changing camera view option.

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
posted 08-31-07 05:38 PM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
I would love to do some narrating or voices. I'm good with that deep west voice and such. I'll have one for the teaser later tonight.

Lolocausts are fun.
posted 09-04-07 06:51 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26  
I would love to do some narrating or voices. I'm good with that deep west voice and such. I'll have one for the teaser later tonight.
That sounds great, I've been looking for a voice actor

Well, here's another character..

Uncle Newton Sanders

With the death of Emmet Sanders, Wallace was sent to live with his friendly uncle, Newton. Newton was once the respected sherriff of Alestone Town. He was a brave law-enforcer, and kept the town under control. He has since retired, and now spends most of his time at the local saloon, telling stories of his golden years to all who will listen- provided he has some ale on hand. Proud of Wallace following in his footsteps as sherriff, Uncle Newton is always willing to help his nephew out.

The Duel: Coming Soon...

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 09-04-2007 @ 06:54 AM).]

posted 09-05-07 04:57 PM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
Hey sounds great but you need to add more dramatisation like my example...

"Raised by his uncle, Newton Sanders, Wallace Sanders has been grim, unsmiling and riddled with doubt and bitterness ever since the death of his much admired father in the Civil War. He has sworn to find one who killed his father and kill him, but at the moment he has just moved into Alestone Town, an unruly place plagued with robbers, murderers and sometimes even both put together. When the sherriff was killed just prior to his arrival, Wallace signed up to be one, to bring order where there is chaos, and to take his ever-increasing anger out on those thilthy bandits who dare show their faces in town."

Raised by his uncle, Newton Sanders, Wallace Sanders has been grim, unsmiling and riddled with doubt and bitterness ever since the death of his much admired father in the Civil War. He has sworn to find one who killed his father and AVENGE HIM , but at the moment, he has just moved into Alestone Town, an unruly place plagued with robbers, murderers, YOU PUT THEM TOGETHER...YOU GET ALESTONE TOWN. When the sherriff was killed just prior to his arrival, Wallace signed up, to bring LAW and order , and to take his ever-increasing anger AND GUILT OUT ON THOSE WHO HAVE WRONGED AND THOUGHT THEM SELVES BETTER THEN THE LAW, AND SMARTER THEN WALLACE...MAY GOD BRING MERCY UNTO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE FELL INTO HIS, NEVER SHORTERNING, MERCILESS, CROSSHAIR.

Sorry if you didn't like it, it's jsut storywriting is the only bit i'm good at in English and I just like adding bits to things to make it sound a bit juicier if catch my drift, no offence I love what you wrote, just try and used different words that you have already said in the past sentence, except names of course...Choose to keep it or not, up to you, but if you like it I will be happy to edit your very good character bios...

Trottski
Peace & Chicken Grease

P.S I can do a good westy cowboy voice but how do I record it??

Peace & Chicken Grease
Trottski

Lol Edit No2

You probably reading this thinking i'm such a A**hole so sorry but if you don't want that blue to be showing just change the color to brown it would look wood or something but keep up the good work it looks great...

Peace & Chicken Grease
Trottski

[This message has been edited by Trottski (edited 09-06-2007 @ 03:55 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Duel
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames