Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: King of the Hill: 2V2 Multiplayer Scenario
posted 09-25-07 01:42 PM EDT (US)   

This is “King of the Hill” Multiplayer Scenario for 4 human players (2V2).

This scenario is for TWC.

Download it here: King of the Hill: 2V2

This is “King of the Hill” 2V2 map where each team needs to capture the Hill and hold it for 10 minutes in order to win.

You capture the hill by moving at least 5 units to the top of the hill and eliminating all the enemy units there.
If you have units on the hill and see no enemy units but the hill still belongs to the enemy, then that is because they have spies right there right next to your units but you cannot see them.
So bring in your explorer or spies or ninjas to reveal those spies and then get rid of them.

This is a 2V2 game and it is for human players only.
The game is set as players 1 & 2 VS players 3 & 4, so please make sure to set it that way on ESO.

Players receive resources periodically, and cannot build resource collecting buildings such as mills, farms, plantations, and banks.

Both teams receive the same amount of free resources.
However, when one team captures the hill, the players from the other team receive 400 more of each resource per minute.

There are almost no resources around the map, just a few resources around the Hill.

You can get extra resources from trading posts and factories.

Your town center is invulnerable.

You can play with all 11 civs where each civ has high home city level with 25 card deck.

This is a fast pace game with lots of action and no economy to worry about.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 09-29-2007 @ 01:33 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-25-07 02:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
thanks moshe,

I enjoyed the map. After playing, we felt that perhaps 7 minutes isnt long enough, and more importantly..
My teammate and myself camped on the hill and built a fort each and some towers. I think the fact that you are able to build on the hill is not a good idea, as it was too easy to camp

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov

[This message has been edited by scriv1984 (edited 09-25-2007 @ 04:57 PM).]

posted 09-25-07 07:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
After playing, we felt that perhaps 7 minutes isnt long enough, and more importantly..
My teammate and myself camped on the hill and built a fort each and some towers. I think the fact that you are able to build on the hill is not a good idea, as it was too easy to camp
Thank you for your feedback scriv1984,

Maybe the players you played against weren’t good enough to beat your team.
The other team shouldn’t have allowed you to build the buildings in the first place.

The games that I played were interesting as the control of the hill went back and forth a few times between the teams.
Both teams built forts and outposts on the hill and they all went down pretty fast with the use of mortars and heavy cannons.

The 7 minute timer also seemed a bit long in my games as there was plenty of time to mass huge armies and send them for the hill.

Not allowing to construct buildings on the hill may be a good idea but there isn’t a good way for doing so (AFAIK).
I could place some path blocks on the hill but that is going to cause unit pathing problems.

I believe that a match between equal teams will be more interesting than when the teams are not at the same level, but that is always the case anyway.
posted 09-26-07 04:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  

scriv1984 was right.
7 minutes to hold the hill and win was too short in some of the games I played online.

I therefore increased that time period to 10 minutes.

My favorite strategy is to let my opponents capture the hill first and while they stand there on top of the hill with their armies, I go around with my army and destroy their base, lol.
After that there is still time to capture the hill and spam units while they cannot train any new units.
posted 09-26-07 05:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
Yes moshe, I was considering that tactic and was going to use russians next time I played. Can you imagine what opri could do in that situation!!!??

I really enjoyed the scenario btw, it is by far the best I've tried so far. The scripting is good, and there is even clear objective!! :-)
I understand you about the building on the hill. Pathing issues would be terrible here and I agree that better competition would not have allowed me to build there.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
posted 09-26-07 01:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  

Thank you scriv1984,
Can you imagine what opri could do in that situation!!!??
Actually I don’t, I haven’t played with the Russians for over a year now, lol.
posted 09-27-07 07:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
The easiest way to make it impossible to build n the hill would be by putting glacier terrain on it.

posted 09-27-07 09:59 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
The easiest way to make it impossible to build n the hill would be by putting glacier terrain on it.
This is a very good tip AI Guy, I will look into it.

Thank you,
posted 09-29-07 01:34 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
I made the following change:
when one team captures the hill, the players from the other team receive 400 more of each resource per minute.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » King of the Hill: 2V2 Multiplayer Scenario
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames