Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Showing effects in editor
posted 11-16-07 05:24 PM EDT (US)   
I still can't get this to work. I set a trigger, condition and effect (in this case setting age; there are 5 effects needed for this) and when I playtest the scenario it works perfectly but in the editor itself everything is still discovery age style. It's really frustrating because it should be so simple just to get the computer to DISPLAY the current age! Any advice please?
Replies:
posted 11-16-07 05:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
You can't in the editor; the editor is always in discovery age.

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
posted 11-16-07 07:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Yeah you can't change how anything looks in the editor

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 11-16-07 07:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
It sounds like you're trying to get a screenshot of a certain part of your map but want the buildings to appear as they would after aging up. (And probably don't want to take an in-game pic because you want to be able to hide the UI and mini-map.)

Well, maybe try write a trigger for screenshot purposes only: Condition: Timer (whatever time you have set the comp to advance to the age you want to take pictures in) say 5 minutes, so that's 300 sec. Effect: User controls OFF and fog of war/blackmap OFF. You can probably also put your Camera controls/tracks and cut scene trigger here, so it will take you to the exact spot on the map you want a pic of, then Ctrl-F12 or Function-F12 that very instant to take your screenie. I havent tried this in the editor so it's just an idea I'm throwing out there...

Now after making those triggers, go in and play as that civ, so you have LOS on his/her buildings and units, but can allow the AI to control them and you can step in and do something as needed, for a better pic; then when the trigger takes away the user controls and stuff, take your shots.

Please let us know if this works...or if Moshe or Dallas answers, use their ideas instead (whichever comes first)

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 11-16-2007 @ 07:36 PM).]

posted 11-17-07 08:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
try playing a single or multiplayer skirmish game in which the player you want or all players are in the age you want, say colonial. then quit and go into the editor and it should be in colonial.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 11-24-07 09:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
That's interesting. I playtested Empire Earth and exactly that happened, the editor modified to the one instant when I left the game. I'm not sure if it would happen in Age of Empires III or how to make that work. I want to create neat terraces because most of the map will be city so this is where fighting will be (I'm trying to replicate the city of Bradford). If I played the game, and built the houses myself (this way I could delete wrongly orientated ones and the whole thing would be easier) then came back into editor and the changes had been made that would be very useful. Can this work like on EE?
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showing effects in editor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames