You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to assign homecity in a scenario?
posted 03-07-09 02:15 AM EDT (US)   
Does anyone know how to assign a homecity in a scenario?

When I click on Player Data -> Set HC button, I'm directed to the campaign folder. But homecity files there are very different compared to those in the Savegame ones, so simple copy-paste is ruled out. How do you create homecities in campaigns?
Replies:
posted 03-07-09 06:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
I am not entirely sure what you were asking
To select civs for singleplayer and editor you need to go to player data and follow these two steps

To make new hc decks this could help
How to Make High Home City Levels for your Online Scenarios
First, it is important to know that the single player method of assigning your own home city files from the scenario menu doesn’t work for online scenarios[and also singleplayer scenrios ^^].

To make high level home city you need to use the new “Home City Editor” option from the “Scenario” Menu.

However, before you do that, open the “Player Data” window from the “Scenario” menu and click on the “Reset HC” button for all players in order to reset the home city.

After that you can open the “Home City Editor” window and assign the home city level that you want.
You can then choose new cards and build decks just like you normally do.

Please note that players can choose to play CSO with any of the civs so you may want to set high home city level for every civ.

After that you are done.
However, if you test your scenario in the editor or as a single player scenario you will NOT see your high level home cities.
You will only see them Online.

Please note that once you exit the Editor you cannot come back and modify your existing Home City decks.
If you want to do so you will have to delete the home cities you wish to modify and recreate them all over again

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 03-07-09 07:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
SCP, thanks for replying.

I think both of us are misunderstanding each other.

Basically, I want to play my custom scenario in SINGLE PLAYER mode, not multi-player or online.

I have some Home-cities in Single Player mode. I would now like to transfer them into my scenario (which I would play in SP mode offline).

I have read the 'quote' part that you had enclosed. I had done exactly the same thing as mentioned there - renaming my HC to "Homecity xxx" an placing them in the campaign folder.

However, when I begin the scenario in play-test mode, it tells me something about the HC not being able to load, despite the player civ and HC civ being same.

A thorough look at my Savegame HCs and those in the campaign folder revealed that they are somewhat incompatible, primarily in the way each card is identified - the campaign HCs do not have any card ID.

Therefore my attempt to graft my existing HCs into campaigns have failed. And that's why I'm here. Kindly see if I not missing anything. Any help provided will be extremely helpful.
posted 03-07-09 07:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
now i get it. Wasnt entirely sure if you do sp or mp scenario so i post just the mp way.

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 03-07-09 08:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Cracked!

See this link:
http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/790314.aspx

Read the part:

Changing the home city to your homecity in editor.

1-Go to my documents/mygames/Age3/save game.Find your homecity file.

2-Copy your file by right-clicking your mouse.

3-Make a new folder Name it my homecities or what ever you want so you know the folder. move your new home city file in the new folder. Go into your new folder and you should see your new home city file.Right click on it and rename it,but put homecity infront. For instance Homecity St.Louis. Make sure you drop the sp_part!

4-Move your new folder to c/program files/Microsoft games/age3/campaigns.

5-Open the editor and go to player data and click on set home city for your player. You should see your folder along with two others.

6- Click on your folder and then click on your file so they're in the box below. You want to see your home city! click on the set or enter button I can't remember right now and the box should disappear and you're done.

Good luck!

The thing that I earlier missed was (point 3 above): you have to delete the "sp" part at the beginning and "homecity" part at the end from the filename of your savegame homecity. Once this happens, you can use your existing homecity.

In fact, something quite extraordinary happened, too. I selected Spanish in the editor, but included the HC of French civ. In the play-test mode, the French HC worked with the Spanish civ!

For example, the french explorer card that gives a healing ability, when downloaded, provided the same effect to my Spanish explorer. Also, the card (Wilderness Warfare) worked with the Spanish skirmisher - it increased its HP.

Now, all this may be old news to pros - but I discovered something completely new.

I am now wondering how to arrange a deck in the editor where you can select any card from any civ. That would be cool.

I have started a thread to discuss this. Anybody knowing about this, kindly contribute:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,36950,,10

Finally, many thanks to SCP for sticking his neck out in help.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How to assign homecity in a scenario?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames