Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Gate Glitch
posted 01-07-12 02:23 PM EDT (US)   
In my scenario Mining Mania, there's this weird gate glitch that doesn't allow people to go through their ally's gate. I don't really understand why this is and I'd like to know how i can fix this :P
thx in advance
Replies:
posted 01-07-12 02:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
3.2 Q: My units don’t go through the door. They stand in front of it or search other ways.(RPG Bug)

Why this happens: If u convert this door from a neutral or enemy player your units sometimes think it belong still to them
(enemy or neutral player). You can solve it by adding two effects to your converting trigger (after the convert effect, of course)

1.Change Unit Type (CinematicBlock)
2.Change Unit Type (CWallGate)

When you change the unit type it will forget the information about the player who controlled it. 2nd step is to change it again to a gate.
(CWallGate is the normal gate that u can build in game)

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 01-07-12 02:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
these gates aren't placed on the map, they are ones built by players :P

[This message has been edited by onfiregun17 (edited 01-07-2012 @ 03:01 PM).]

posted 01-07-12 03:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
then use a in area trigger to change them to AITargetBlockWeak or AITargetBlockStrong and back to CWallGate

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 01-21-12 10:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
then use a in area trigger to change them to AITargetBlockWeak or AITargetBlockStrong and back to CWallGate
alrighty, i just tried that and i could go through my enemies gates but not my allies...any suggestions now?
posted 01-22-12 00:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
There's a bug in my barracks wars scenario that makes the fort gates act like AoK gates where anyone can walk through as well. And these have no player or alliance conversions associated.

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
posted 01-22-12 03:38 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
nice to see you back here anterior it was starting to get quite lonely with just me, spiel, musk and SPC reguarding your glitch, you could use what SPC suggested above :P and if you need a Change Unit Type in Area effect, i have one in my trigpack now
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Gate Glitch
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames