Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Another Flag - Please
posted 01-13-06 08:10 PM EDT (US)   
This is meant for ToMyBoY or anyone else good with flag mods. First, I repeat from last request, my graphics skills frankly suck. I need a German flag mod with the below flag (if anyone's curious, it's a later Prussian flag than the default German one represents).

http://flagspot.net/images/d/de_prus1.gif

Replies:
posted 01-15-06 01:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Why not making yourself? It's much funnier and also for rookies doable.
Short explanation in steps:
1) With AoE3Ed's ArchiveViewer extract from "art2.bar" the files "Art\objects\flags\[civ].ddt" and "Art\objects\flags\[civ]_32.ddt" to a temporary directory.
2) Use AoE3Ed's FileConverter to transform both to .tga format.
3) Use a graphics processing software (capable to .tga) if you want to draw yourself or simply a good viewer (eg. IrfanView) for picture exchange and sizing.
Important: keeping the original gfx size and filename.
4) With FileConverter transform the edited files back to .ddt and place files in "[program directory]\Art\objects\flags\" (in case create).
posted 01-19-06 10:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Sorry to take so long responding. Where can I find ArchiveViewer and FileConverter? And can I directly convert a .bmp, .gif, or .jpg file to a flag?
posted 01-20-06 08:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Using forum search could have brought up this article
posted 01-28-06 12:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Yeah sorry Patine, haven't visited this forum lately. Absolutely no time for anything these days so I will have to pass. Best advise I can give, had a read of the flag tutorial I wrote, it explains everything.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Another Flag - Please
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames