Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Coming soon: Age of Empires III: Rising Sun [CivMod]
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 05-08-06 04:07 PM EDT (US)   
COMING SOON
So... We of the DSF-clan (mainly) are developing a mod, featuring the Japanese Civilization.

I'll first mention the ones that are working on it;
Main Developers: Logicore (Yes, he spend lots of hours in a tiny cage working on it), Ryunichi
Assistant Developers: Ikaros, iBram
Special Mention: Hyperion, Yamato
Voice Art: Hoshi, Phobos

The Japanese Civilization we are going to add to Age of Empires 3 will be completely different from the ones you know now. It will be heavily dependant on wood; like the Dutch are dependant on gold.
The civ will have Bamboo Factories, which produce wood (similar to the banks of the Dutch). Japanese Outposts are free.
Of course we will balance it, so the Japanese will not be a almighty, overpowered civilization!

[JPEG, (973.94 KB)]
(In yellow; Shaolin Monks, in black; Ninja, in blue; Karo)

Here a list features that'll be in it:

- A Completely new civilization to play with:

- New units like the Karo (Samurai, Heavy Infantry), Ninja and Ashigaru! (Check the screenshots!)

- Unique Mercenary unit: ANBU

- New techs: Masamune (Karo attack upgrade), Meiyo (All units more HP) and more!

- New cards offering unique upgrades for the Japanese.

- Neat new sounds for all of the units! Spoken by Japanese people in high quality, so no crackling voices of foreigners trying to speak Japanese.

- New textures for the new units and villagers. Awesome textures made by our Script kiddy named Logicore. A new civ needs new clothes of course.

- New icons for the techs, units and cards.

- New politicians. Of course we don't want just stinky Western politicians in Japan, so we made new ones!

- New building: The Bamboo Factory. Always had that annoying wood-shortage? Well, now you won't. (But you might have other shortages...)

- A brand-new RM (Random Map): Japan. (You want to battle your enemies on your homelands, right? ;P)

- We made sure there are some historical references. The Japanese don't have thought-up names, and several techs were also inventions in real Japan.

Noticed something wrong? Just call 0991-999-990924890124890412904829103829099999 (International number *sigh*) or mail one of the staff and pass on the mistake.

You can reach us at both the forums and you can PM us (Send to Logicore! <.< )

We'll post again for when the public beta is done, so stay tuned for the next episode! o.o

Of course;
- You will not be able to play with people that do not have this mod.
- You will not be able to play online on ESO with this mod installed. ( You WILL be able to play via LAN or Hamachi VPN when both sides have the mod installed. A Rising Sun Mod Hamachi Server will be set up after the release.)
- And it's not advised to do this while you have other mods installed; files may be overwritten or deleted.
- We do not guarantee this mod will not harm your gamefiles in a way that you will need a re-install.

[This message has been edited by Ryunichi (edited 05-08-2006 @ 04:51 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-08-06 06:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 82  
Ah yes, the Japanese mod that's going to be so awsome.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 05-09-06 11:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 82  
this is the hell of a mod that i was waiting for since i started to check the modpacks in this site, bloody well done!

"Either appear as you are or be as you appear."
Mawlana
posted 05-09-06 12:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 82  
Awesome! I like announcements like this. Great, you just made my day.
(next time, add more than one screenshot)

Anyway, it sounds great. Also, or you going to replace an existing civ (so you'll get full AI, be able to make custom HCs) or will add it as a new one. Which would result in not being able to play against a Japanese AI. (if I remember everything correctly)

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 05-09-06 12:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 82  
For the ones who didn't know yet, I'm also Logicore, the main creator of this mod :P.

We added the civilization, and didn't replace one. We could have replaced The Ottomans for example, the civ that isn't played by any of my friends. We decided not to, because we wanted to release this on the net, and not unplease anyone who uses an existing civ. Besides, when we started, we als thought someone would eventually come with a solution to adding full compatibility like existing civs. Still waiting :P.

We will add more screenshots soon. We didn't want to spoil all the fun in just one post :P. Today we did some alpha testing. The civ is well-balanced. Now we know that some units should be a little weaker and some stronger. We are going to add more textures and we will also strafe to make this look good with low-poly models too. (Now, our Ninja wears a pike when you set lowpoly models :P). We still have to make the sea army for the Japanese.

Coming screenshots: ANBU, Villagers, Battles and Icons and Cards.

Thank you for your positive reactions so far!

posted 05-09-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 82  
but if there are too many japanese civ mods around, which one will we play then, eh ?

Mawlana
posted 05-09-06 01:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 82  
Edit: was nothing

[This message has been edited by DSF Hyperion (edited 05-09-2006 @ 01:52 PM).]

posted 05-09-06 01:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 82  
You have the choice! You choose the mod whichever you think is best.

[This message has been edited by lord_chYper (edited 05-09-2006 @ 02:00 PM).]

posted 05-09-06 02:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 82  
charming...

Mawlana
posted 05-12-06 06:19 AM EDT (US)     9 / 82  
Sounds excellent! You may even tempt me to play AoE3 again .

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
posted 05-12-06 08:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 82  
I'm guessing that the monks are redone surgeons? (The ninjas kinda look like rodeleros without their shields) Looks very nice

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 05-13-06 02:18 AM EDT (US)     11 / 82  
Will they have different architecture? Also, isn't the Japanese flag you're using too late period?

Looks good, anyway.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
posted 05-13-06 09:15 AM EDT (US)     12 / 82  
Nope, that flag was adopted in the 14th century.

EDIT: here's some more screens from the mod. This is the Japanese on the Great Plains.

Attacking TC
Sohei
Ashigaru

Cosmopolitan? Check.

[This message has been edited by Yamato Take (edited 05-13-2006 @ 11:25 AM).]

posted 05-13-06 03:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 82  
@Dieneces: We cannot change models(the main shapes), but we are going to change how te buildings look, yeah.
posted 05-13-06 03:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 82  
How come all of those say "Napoleonic Era" on them ???
posted 05-13-06 03:53 PM EDT (US)     15 / 82  
Yamato seemingly has installed the Napoleonic Area-mod as well, and I guess that mod changes the watermark that you see when you take a screenshot ingame.
posted 05-13-06 04:03 PM EDT (US)     16 / 82  
Screens are cool, but why do the Ashigaru have pikes? I expected the Ashigaru's to have arquebuses!?!
posted 05-13-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     17 / 82  
Ah yes, so did I. But Ashigaru, were proficient with the long spear weapon, the naginata, a Japanese style halbred.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 05-14-06 06:03 AM EDT (US)     18 / 82  
@ Botolf: Monks are actually based on imams, and ninja are based on pikemen :P
@ Kastor: We'll probably include ashigaru with arquebuses as upgrade in a later age .
posted 05-17-06 02:47 AM EDT (US)     19 / 82  
maybe you can make two units: yari ashigaru and an arquebusier ashigaru, you may also include portugese mercenaries

Mawlana
posted 05-18-06 04:36 PM EDT (US)     20 / 82  
That's a nice idea . We could also just have the two different types alongside each other instead of having to replace them throughout the game.
Though, today we did some balance testing, and we think we shouldn't put in anymore units. So no Arquebusier Ashigaru for now! :S
We are waiting for patch 1.07, so we can edit the mod to go with that version.
We think we're going to leave newly textured buildings out in the first release, as it's a lot more work than making a new unit or tech, and it doesn't pay off as much a new units or techs do.
Stay tuned!
posted 05-23-06 05:07 PM EDT (US)     21 / 82  
We are testing the latest version of the mod now.
Almost all bugs have been taken out.

We will make a promo movie soon, and then after a week or so, we will release the first public version of the mod!

posted 05-27-06 02:31 PM EDT (US)     22 / 82  
Here's some more screens.

Japanese vs. Dutch

Japanese vs. French

Ashigaru Siege

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 05-28-06 06:19 AM EDT (US)     23 / 82  
OMG, Kastor owned you so hard! Look at the screens, it says Napoleonic Era!

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 05-28-06 09:11 AM EDT (US)     24 / 82  
Yes, but hey, can't I have two favorite mods?

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 05-29-06 00:45 AM EDT (US)     25 / 82  
The DFS Clan? is it a shorten form if so can I know the name please and a link to your site would also be nics.

I am the other brother of Richard the lion hearted, not really
I fight for my nation in dreamland, in reality I dont fight for my nation
I live in the modern world, I dont live in the past
All of the above was said by Henry The Lion
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Coming soon: Age of Empires III: Rising Sun [CivMod]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames