Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Irish civ version2 and new italian civ
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 06-20-06 05:01 PM EDT (US)   
Im taking a break for a while to help out with the second from final fronteir mod

eurpoe mod V1 is downloadablehere it includes poland malta ireland and italy but is only the first version so theres lots more still to do

------------------------------------------------------------
EUROPE MOD V.2

Europe mod includes 5 civilizations
Malta, (not many changes from v1 it gets a pirate hunter ship)
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth,(similar to poland in v1)
Italy, (similar to v1)
Confederate Ireland (lots of changes from v1 still being designed)
Scotland (still being desinged)
Malta
malta is almost the same as the campain city malta except for these changes

Malta can build plantations livestock pens and arsenals,
it now has its own flag and flag buttons,
Maltas 2 falconet shipment can be sent infinite times since they dont have many good cards
Malta can ship 2 settler wagons infinite age 1
Extensive fortifications card added to Malta
it can train falconets
new pirate hunter unit
new mercenaries
malta has an explorer now,
all maltas buildings and units can be built when it reaches the industrial age as a bonus

units= priest, caravel, fishing boat, galleon, settler, rodelero, pikeman, crossbowman, hussar, lancer, falconet, mortar, explorer, sheep, cannon
unique units=hoop thrower
pirate hunter fast strong ship

buccaneer the italian ranged infantry unit now avalible to malta and italy with the right cards
Venetian infantry, (italian unit) musketeer with increased melee attack avalible to malta with the right card

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
settlers are trained from a large moveable wagon built at the towncenter named the tabor which costs 100 wood but the settlers only cost 60 food.

units=Crossbowman, halbierdier, settler, priest, sheep, hussar, cavalry archer, Falconet, Culverin, caravel, fishing boat, cannon, frigate, monitor, explorer
unique units= Wojsko similar to Musketeer with lower hitpoints and cheaper
husara very strong hussar
Pancerny Heavy mail-coated ranged Cavalry with a gun,
Rakieta similar to mortar but less attack and cheaper it can only attack buildings and ships
Tabor a large wagon trained from the Town Center at a cost of 100 wood which can garrison up to 6 units and trains settlers
screenshots

Polish wojsko and pancerny and tabor

Italy
Colonistas are italian settlers that cost 80 gold but the italians start with extra gold and can build banks
units=rocket, sheep, Falconet, Culverin, caravel, cannon, frigate, monitor, explorer
unique units=colonista italian settlers that cost 80 gold
chariot can transport up to 8 units and is very fast
cardinal italian priest they are cheaper but have a build limit of 5
legionnaire cavalry similar to hussar
swiss guard strong unit armed with spear
mameluke meditteranian mercenary cavalry that can be trained at stable
stradiot meditteranian mercenary cavalry that can be trained at stable
corsair meditteranian mercenary infantry that can be trained at barracks
Genoese Merchant ship, replaces the fishing ship, has a small attack but maintains the ability of fishing vessels.
Galliass, stronger/faster galley
Venetian infantry, musketeer with increased melee attack

screenshots

Colonista Screenshot
swiss guard

cardinal

Venetianinfantry

Confederate Ireland
feirmeoir (irish for farmer) is the irish settler it is good at hunting and costs 80 food
the irish can also train cows in theit livestock pen
units=cavalry archer, sheep, Falconet, Culverin, caravel, fishing boat, cannon, frigate, monitor, explorer
unique units=feirmeoir the irish settler it is good at hunting and costs 80 food
cow can be trained at livestock pen
fenian man that throws dynamite good against buildings and has a very strong veteran upgrade
irish wolf hound similar to the normal explorer dog except stronger and faster
Wood Kerne similar to skirmisher
Irish hussar similar to hussar
Parliamentary Soldier similar to musketeer
Jacobite rebel ranged infantry heavily armed lightly armored stronger melee then ranged
monk can heal and train local rebales and Ropairi
local rebel trained by monk
Ropairi armed only with rapier swords trained by monks
Parliamentary soldier similar to musketeer
Gallowglass infantry axe men

french musketeers the french always helped irish in times of rebellions and wars ONLY SENT BY A HC CARD

still being desinged
some screenshots

Feirmeoir Screenshot

to see the jacobite rebel and parliamentery soldier look under scotland
Scotland
still being designed ill need a bit more info
they will have jacobite rebel soldiers
units= sheep, falconet, culverin, caravel, fishing boat, cannon, frigate, explorer, cavalry archer
unique units=
Parliamentary soldier similsr to musketeer
Scottish hussar exceptionally strong melee horse rider
monk can heal and train local rebales and Ropairi
local rebel trained by monk
Jacobite rebel ranged infantry heavily armed lightly armored stronger melee then ranged
scottish mortar stronger mortar
Mosstrooper (Scotland) skirmisher infantry
they will have the french musketeers card and maybe a spanish one aswell

screenshots

Mercenarys (more to come)
buccaneer the italian ranged infantry unit now avalible to malta and italy with the right cards
buccaneer screenshot
french musketeer now avalible to scotland and ireland with the right cards
Venetian infantry, (italian unit) musketeer with increased melee attack avalible to malta with the right card
NEW IN V.2
4 original civs in v1 all changed
i plan on having new cards politicians and mercenaries
the hc visuals will be improved
more units (see above)
scotland civ

-----------------------------------------------------------
thanks to the people at the future es games forum especially custergrant for his italy threaad and silent screams for the polish civ
and caltrava knight and yamato take for answering the questions and devilzap
and SachaVyKos for his info

if you have information on another europe civ please let me know
if you have info on any above civs, units or any idea please let me know

NATIVES

Inuit
units= inuit rifleman and polar bear
map= arctic
complete=100%

Zulu
units= Iklwa spearman
Isikhulu rifles and a spear in melee mode
map= Africa and sahara
complete=20%

Hopi
units=Throwing Spearman and Snake Priest
map=Texas
complete=50%

Apache
units=Wolf Warrior and Kiowa Raider
map=Texas
complete=50%

Shongai Empire
units= Gulham (cavalry archer)
Armored swordsman (use large shields and sword)
map= Africa and sahara
complete=20%

more in future including asian natives
all natives get unique technoligies

if you can mod (understand the tutorials) and would like to help all help is welcome
or if your want tom make a scenario or random map email me at irishlegend2006@yahoo.ie

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 09-10-2006 @ 03:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-21-06 02:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 65  
the gallowglasses are missing, if i am not wrong.

"Either appear as you are or be as you appear."
Mawlana
posted 06-21-06 09:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 65  
hi, i'm an italian boy, it is really amazing the mod you are makin. tell me if you need some help. bye
posted 06-21-06 04:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 65  
this might be delayed because when i was using aoe3ed to convert the civs file my cd exploded inside in the computer its in pieces now
lukely i had a copy of the disk and the computers alright
it was a bit strange modding kinda damages the cd id say

what were the gallow glasses and i forgot to say that this doesnt require any patches

posted 06-21-06 07:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 65  
See this Italian civ: [url]http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,28354,,all[/a] for ideas.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 06-22-06 04:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 65  
posted 06-23-06 10:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 65  
They're not my ideas, they're Custergrant's ideas.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 06-25-06 00:38 AM EDT (US)     7 / 65  
your CD shattered inside your pc?? O.o weird

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
posted 06-25-06 03:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 65  
That's exactly what happened to me quite a bit of time back... But not only once! (But that was most probably because I was using low-quality CDs given bundled to PC Magazines.)

"And more, much more than this,
I did it my way." - Frank Sinatra
posted 07-01-06 09:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 65  
The units are amazing! But you could change the Italian Flag, it is very recent. I suggest to replace it for the Pope's flag because the Vatican was one of the strongest powers in the Italian Peninsula before its Political unification (the other was Spain, that ruled Sardinia, Sicily, Naples and Milan from Middles Ages to 1713).

posted 07-01-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)     10 / 65  
ok if youve any more ideas please let me know at irishlegend2006@yahoo.ie and i made version2 and fixed the bugs the link is above

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 07-01-2006 @ 03:19 PM).]

posted 07-10-06 02:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 65  
posted 07-10-06 05:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 65  
Why did you call the priest the Pope? There's only one pope and he sure wouldn't be in colonization. Change them to cardinals.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 07-14-06 01:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 65  
posted 07-19-06 04:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 65  
does anyone know
what the polish explorers name should be
should the homecity be warsaw
what flag did poland use
posted 07-20-06 03:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 65  
Hey, are you having alternate home cities (Visuals etc.) for each of these civilizations?
posted 07-20-06 08:33 AM EDT (US)     16 / 65  
The Polish flag was the same as today (white & red) from the 18th century. Before, there was not flag, only the coat of arms (red with a white eagle above). The colours of the flag were taken from the coat of arms.

The Polish home city should be a major port like Gdansk, that in fact had more population at the time than Warsaw.

I'm not sure in the case of the explorer. May be Hetman:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetman

You can see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Polish_Military for more Polish UUs.

[This message has been edited by Calatrava Knight (edited 07-20-2006 @ 08:45 AM).]

posted 07-20-06 04:08 PM EDT (US)     17 / 65  
thanks caltrava knight ill include them and they will have diferent homecities

the irish flag button it was the flag used then it shows the 4 provinces
the italian one will be the papal states one caltrava knight suggested above
the polish one is the normal red + white flag
also 2 new units italian cardinals and irish monks

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 07-21-2006 @ 05:53 PM).]

posted 07-24-06 07:26 AM EDT (US)     18 / 65  
does anyone have any ideas for more europe civs i plan on improving these 4 but for v2 i want a new civ i tried wikipedia but they didnt have what i was looking for so those anyone have any info on a civ and i dont mind if its scotland sicily or denmark
posted 07-24-06 10:18 AM EDT (US)     19 / 65  
Give Malta a unique ship called Pirate Hunter, as the Knights of St. John were famous for that.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 07-29-06 05:59 AM EDT (US)     20 / 65  
The predominantly Irish Galloglass has origins with the MacDougal clan of Ireland/Scotland/Isle of man, it was formed by Vikings that had been defeated and absorbed into Irish culture, they were known for their strength and size but they were more of an ethnic group of irish/scots. They were long gone by 1528 when aoe3 starts so its addition would be pointless.

As far as I’m aware Kern cavalry never existed, kerns were foot skirmishers who used darts and spears, they did not exist in Ireland as of 1528. If you insist on doing the Kern unit id suggest making it a skirmisher soldier.

If you want to make Ireland a viable playable power I suggest you base it on Confederate Ireland, which existed as an independent state from 1641 to 1649. To beef up Irelands army you should add the Jacobite rebel who dominated the political scenes in Scotland and Ireland from 1700-1750. Jacobites in Ireland and Scotland had weapons but were very proficient in melee engagements. A playable Ireland should probably feature Jacobites as the standard issue soldier. The other possibility would be an “Irish parliamentary soldier” as Ireland had a functioning parliament until 1801.

A Jacobite soldier would be heavily armed lightly armored and fast muskateer with a short range fire attack, their primary use would be in melee. In real life they would only fire one round from their guns before charging in with swords (or axes or even pitchforks) drawn

If you want another playable nation the obvious move would be Scotland, Scotland actually did have very small new world operations, which continued until the merging of Scottish and English parliament in 1707. Scotland reappeared in 1749 under the leadership of a Presbyterian church called “covenant” Scotland would also have Jacobite soldiers as well as Scottish cavalry (to the effect of hussars) Scotland also had a parliament and would be allegeable for the same “Parliamentary soldier” as Ireland.

If its possible you could give either or both of these countries a “clan levy” perhaps a card that brings fourth soldiers or even a rechargeable ability that delivers soldiers. Id also turn French musketeers into a card shipment or a kind of mercenary, you may also include Spanish musketeers as they also participated in an assortment of Irish/Scottish wars.

If you want to make the Irish monk interesting id give them the ability to train a certain amount of "rebels" as many priests in Ireland and Scotland were responsible for organization of militant bands of thugs.

Other nations to add would include The union of Kalmar (that’s the combined nations of Sweden Norway and Denmark) Switzerland, Finland, you could also by a stretch to incorporate Greece or Bulgaria. A pirate nation of Algeria or Morocco could also be interesting if done correctly. (Algeria was an eyelet of the Ottoman Empire and Morocco was completely independent so its plausible)

posted 07-29-06 12:29 PM EDT (US)     21 / 65  
thanks ill use these ideas but i still need some more for scotland i have updated the thread and thanks again for the info

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 07-29-2006 @ 04:46 PM).]

posted 07-29-06 09:50 PM EDT (US)     22 / 65  
Scotland would have exceptional pikemen, unique cavalry, the Jacobite rebel and Clan Levys. In addition they were fully competent cannon designers, Outside of that they would function like any other civilization.

Scotland was only lacking in the area of ships, Scotland didn’t survive long enough to develop monitors or other gargantuan ships.

I suppose for a clan levy, it could function like the Germans receiving Uhlan cavalry with every home shipment.

For convenience Scotland and Ireland would speak English, as it is technically the closest language to Gaelic of all the countries in the game. Malta would speak Italian but thats not in the game so either French of Spanish would be a good substitute.

For Italy, id give them Venetian infantry, who are strong muskateeers also trained in the use of rapiers (they thwarted many ottoman invasions) and Genoese merchant ship, which would be a stronger fishing ship capable of doing small damage. Also Italy would probably receive a discount on priests due to their proximity to the Vatican. Unfortunately the other Italian city-states were somewhat less then impressive and don’t really provide any unique units. Italy could have mercenary cards to call upon soldiers from Greece Switzerland and possibly Cyprus.

There is a very cool unique to Venice galley which was basically an trireme retrofitted to work in the modern era it was called a “galliass”

Just for summary the units I’ve suggested for either Ireland or Scotland would function as fallows.

Jacobite Rebel, (Ireland and Scotland) heavily armed lightly armored moves quickly and has a fierce melee attack.
Parliamentary Soldier, (Ireland and Scotland) essentially a musketeer
Clan Levys, (Ireland and Scotland) assorted combination of Jacobite rebels, parliamentary soldiers and highland mercenaries.
Scottish hussar, (Scotland) exceptionally strong melee horse rider
Scottish mortar, (Scotland) slightly stronger mortar
Venetian infantry, (Italy,) musketeer with increased melee attack possibly available to Malta through mercenary cards
Genoese Merchant ship, (Italy) replaces the fishing ship, has a small attack but maintains the ability of fishing vessels.
Galliass, (Italy) stronger/faster galley

and id change feirmeoir to simply Fenian for sheer convenience not that it matters.

[This message has been edited by SachaVyKos (edited 07-29-2006 @ 10:13 PM).]

posted 07-30-06 11:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 65  
posted 07-30-06 08:48 PM EDT (US)     24 / 65  
I looked closer into the matter and it turns out that Gallowglass soldiers continued to be recruited by irish nobles up until the 1640’s making them just barley allegeable for the game. Sorry for the error I made earlier.

In addition I also found a more modern incarnation of the “Kerns” apparently in the 1640s and 1690s a class of soldier reemerged in Ireland called the “Ceithearnaigh choille” or “wood kerne” they essentially operated as skirmishers wielding muskets. instead of the spears and darts of their ancesters, Scotland had a similar class of soldier referred to as the “Mosstroopers”

Also there appears to have been a class of solder (if they can so be called) working for the Jacobite cause (and continued to exist many decades after its eventually fall) called the “Ropairi” the direct translation would be “Rapiers” citizen-soldiers who only used their preferred weapon the rapier sword. They were typically roused into action by roving bands of militant Catholics and were relatively affective gorilla fighters. I suggest making this the type of soldier that Irish monks and Scottish priests are able to train.

With the addition of the Gallowglass’ the Wood Kerne, the Mosstrooper and the Ropairi the Irish and Scottish ground forces would be a much more stable and diverse force. Albeit realistically reliant on close quarters combat.

Galloglass, (Ireland) infantry axe men, Gaelic spelling would be Gallóglaigh.
Wood Kerne, (Ireland) skirmisher infantry
Ropairi, (Ireland and Scotland) armed only with rapier swords trained from the monks and priests of Ireland/Scotland.
Mosstrooper (Scotland) skirmisher infantry

posted 07-31-06 01:52 PM EDT (US)     25 / 65  
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Irish civ version2 and new italian civ
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames