-New Buildings
3. New Natives
4. New Random maps
5. Ui changes

1. The New Civs

America
Units

Infantry

Continental Soldier ( weak ranged unit that costs 30 food and 40 gold)
Partisan ( weak very close ranged unit that costs 40 food and 40 wood )
Musketeer ( unchanged. Will have a new look for the americans )
Marksman ( light infantry with high attack, has no bonuses and has no ranged armor. costs 60 food, and 65 gold.)
Scout ( quick unit good at raiding. has high attack and is very fast moving. costs 75 food and 70 gold. )

Cavalry

Ranger ( Ranged unit that is good against infantry. costs 120 food and 85 gold)
Dragoon ( unchanged. Will have a new look for the Americans )
Armored Transport ( fast moving transport unit. expensive. costs 250 food and 250 wood. )

Artillery

Falconet ( unchanged.)
Culverin ( unchanged.)
Howitzer Cannon ( unavialable till Industrial age. has 300 attack against any unit, no penalties. costs 150 food and 500 gold.)

Navy

Fishing Boat
Clipper ship ( very quick ship that can fish and train units. Also has unique techs on board.)
Frigate
Monitor

Unique Buildings

Log cabin ( cheap house that supports only 5 population. has much more hitpointsd than a house though and in emergencies they can be used like barricades and walls. )

Winchester Gun shop ( Since every unit in America's arsenal is ranged, this building is needed to raise the attack and hitpoints of these units through techs.note: you will lose several techs from the arsenal as a result. )

Mexican Empire
Argetina
Brazillian Empire

I will post info on these tomorrow.

1. The New Eurpoean Stuff

New Units

Every European Nation is getting atleast one new unit that is unique, and a shared unit or two. Britain for example may also get the Highlander, but may also get like say the Harquebus, Green Jacket, Man 0 war, etc.

We are also planning to make every common unit look different that the European civs have.

New Ships

Every European Nation us also getting a unique ship to replace one of the ones it allready has. Britain for example may get two two ships but only one of them is unique, the other is shared.

New buildings

Every European Nation is also going to get one unique building each. these will have unique techs, but several may also be there just to generate resources, etc.

1. The New Natives

We are adding 16 new native nations to the game. List will come later.

several are the::

Hopi
Creek
Timicua
Navajo

1. The New Random Maps

We are adding New random maps complete with new eyecandy, trees, and land textures. African maps for example will have lions, Gazelles, and Ostriches. Easter Island maps will have the Mysterious heads and can be mined for coin. Alaskan maps will have natives in Igloos. Desert maps will have natives in Adobe and peublo looking houses.

1. Slight UI Changes

One Thing I havent allready revealed yet are the UI changes.

-I will add a button that will automatically take you to your explorer no matter what they are doing and will scroll through them if you have more than one.

-A counter that tells you how many Infantry you have.

-A counter that tells you how many Cavalry you have.

-A counter that tells you how many Artillery you have.

-A counter that tells you how many Naval units you have.

[This message has been edited by The Architect (edited 09-12-2006 @ 07:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-23-06 11:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 81  
Well, if you need portraits, you can look at my portrait post (which nobody bothered responding to).

If you need 'em.

EDIT:

Oh, have you thought about the USCA? They didn't last very long though...

Also known as ProvostGuard

Please feed the animals. Click here! (the link is correct this time!)

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 08-23-2006 @ 11:40 PM).]

posted 08-24-06 01:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 81  
What you think of add Brazil latter?
posted 08-24-06 07:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 81  
Those are pretty nice portraits. But the one of Santa Anna I think it is (the second one) doesn't have the white aura thingy coming off from it like the other three.

But here is a slight revision of the main post as well::::

Revision::::

Just so I can get proper feedback on this divisions mod, I am not going to add any new nations at this time or any new units. A better name for my mod other than Second from Final Frontier would also be great if anyone has any.

[I am still going to make a much better American and Mexican Civ!!!]

There will be ten Divisions of Infantry and Cavalry that can be built, plus extras for certain units, such as the Redcoat musketeers. (in other words there can be many more divisions (20+ in some cases, because this is for a very few units, divisions after 10 are trained out of same barracks.)
The divisions that end up as are as follows:::::

1st : main division. no change to units.
2nd : Attack is increased by 5 points but Hp is reduced by 30.
3rd : Hp is increased by 30 but speed is decreased by 1.
4th : Armor is increased by 20% but attack is decreased by 5.
5th : Siege Attack is increased by 15 but Attack is reduced by 5 and health by 15.
6th : Secondary main division. All stats are raised as follows: Attack: 5, Health: 30, Speed: 1, Armor: 20%, units cost 31.25% more.
7th : Attack is increased by 10 but Hp is reduced by 60.
8th : Hp is increased by 60 but speed is decreased by 1.
9th : Armor is increased by 40% but attack is decreased by 10.
10th : Siege Attack is increased by 30 but attack is reduced by 10 and health by 30.
11th : Elite Main Division. All Stats are raised as follows: Attack: 10, Health: 60, Speed: 2, Armor: 40%, units cost 62.5% more.
12th : Attack is increased by 15 but Hp is reduced by 90.
13th : Hp is increased by 90 but speed is decreased by 3.
14th : Armor is increased by 55% but attack is decreased by 20.
15th : Siege Attack is increased by 45 but attack is reduced by 15 and health by 45.
16th : Extraordinary Division. All Stats are raised as follows: Attack: 15, Health: 90, Speed: 3, Armor: 55%, units cost 125% more.

Now apply this to say a regular musketeer. It has 150 health. having 28 attack but 30 less health(2nd division) is an ok trade off. Having 33 attack but only 90 health(7th division) is questionable. Having 38 attack but 60 health (12th division) is nearly insane, but with the right strategies, it could be deadly! And it could go even more extreme by having 43 attack but only 30 health (17th division) but that would just be stupid right there! But the 21st division which will give the musketeer 43 attack as well as 270 health but costing nearly 225% more would also not be that bad of a trade-off. And consider upgrading this one unit to veteran status. It would have 52 attack and 324 health. up it again to guard status and it will have 68 attack and 421 health. imperial status and it will have 102 attack and 632 health! and it would cost you 168 food and 56 gold to built it, and it may be impratical, it might not be.

And you don't have to build the second division to get to the third to get to the fourth. You do however have to build the 1st to unlock 2-6. 6th to unlock 7-11. 11th to unlock 12-16. And it will go on in this order. All buildings cost the same, and one tech will upgrade the same unit from all divisions, which is available in all division buildings in case you accidently blew up the 1st division building.

And I know that Infantry divisions never worked like this in history, but this is a game!

What is in history though is that different divisions had different markings on their uniform, even having different uniforms all together. So there will be a huge amount of reskinns and every division building will be displaying a flag (if I can get it to work.) showing the seperate division insignia. In other words, there will be 10 new flag designs. And if the musketeer alone has about 25 reskinns for just the regular and not counting the veteran or guard units.

There will be litterally thousands of reskinns that have to be done, but almost all of them can be done quite easily and it just a matter of adding a different insignia on the shoulder and changing uniform colors to suit the new division. This is why it will take till january. And the divisions, and having to create a seperate unit for each division as well.

And as for the extra divisions, they are for the most common units that every nations has. (musketeers, Skirmishers[and consquently Cacedores], Hussars,etc.) Royal Guard units also have extra divisions that aren't common units. (dopplesoldner, Rodelero, Lancer, etc.), but not as much as the more commonly seen units.

And later after I can get some other things set out, I am going to need a small group to work with me so that we can get these reskins done faster. have it released by November or December.

If I don't get a team and I don't do the reskinns at all then I can get this mod out in about two months (and in a much smaller .zip file as well, what do you guys think about it?)

And I also now have no idea of what nations I want to add. I want to stick to the Western Hemisphere though and there is few countries that were around in this period in history (USA, CANADA, MEXICO, CENTRAL AMERICA, ARGETINA, BRAZIL, VENIZEULA, and PERU were about the only ones around in the early to mid 1800's that had any real power.)

posted 08-24-06 10:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 81  
Thank you for your comments on my portraits. I spent quite some time on them. Yes, I just realized that Santa Anna's kind a messed up.

Canada wasn't an independent nation during the time frame.

The United States of Central America collapsed during the late 1830s.

Brazil is pretty good choice. If you're really, really desperate, you could try Texas, the Bear Flag Republic, Yucatán, and Deseret (the Mormons were pretty militaristic and they fought a very brief war with the US). Those are pretty farfetched.

I would be willing to help you skin, but I'm definetly not great at it and you'll have to provide the unit (with data in regards to hat and stuff).

EDIT:
And school's starting soon, so it may be hard for me to finish anything quickly. But I'll work on it if you want my help.

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 08-24-2006 @ 10:33 PM).]

posted 08-24-06 11:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 81  
I do need a team pretty badly if this mod is going to be done right with all the reskins properly implemented.

But as far as a team goes, I need these following people::::

1 researcher (gotta have some historical accuracy with these uniforms after all, and later for new nations to also add for the histories of these nations and units.)
5 skinners (at least, including myself, that would make 6.) to divide up the models and reskinn them.
3 programmers for future projects as well but for right now, we don't need one.

expierence doesn't really matter right now, just make sure you know how to use AOE3ED I think it is called and the programs that come with that. and also An understanding of Photo shop, or better (and cheaper) The Gimp 2.0.

Anyone is welcome to join the team right now. I don't even have a team yet.

and for right now, I have decided to cut back on the Divisions farther by making it only to the 6th division so it can be completed quicker, and bugs can be worked out faster. If we encounter one bug, it will end up being copied 16 times, which will be bad, so 6 is a good number to start. This will make around 500 reskins. 6 for each unit for each age (i.e. veteran, guard, etc.) so the musketeer alone would have 24 reskinns to deal with.

School doesn't matter right now as the release date is set for months from now. I am in school to and I will be working on this project on and off. As soon as classes start to ramp up here in college in October, I will have to pull the plug on the project until Thanksgiving at least.

I am going to set up a quick site at some free hosting site like Suddenlaunch or something so the team can communicate quickly. I will announce here when site is up and whoever wants to be part of team go there and sign up.

for each skin, there isn't a whole lot of work that needs to be done, just adding an insignia on the arms, which will likely be only one color or a combination of two colors because it probably can't be seen that well on the arms anyway. The other part is changing around the Uniform colors so people can diffrentiate between the different divisions.(such as adding stripes down the pants of a uniform, or doing things of that nature too.) Changing the entire skin would be impratical for around 500 reskins and would take a year atleast.

[This message has been edited by The Architect (edited 08-24-2006 @ 11:48 PM).]

posted 08-25-06 00:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 81  
Okay, sign me up! I offer you whatever skills I have in skinning and I can research uniforms and history for you.

posted 08-25-06 01:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 81  
Well,i cant have an solid work in projects(i dont have many time),but i can usualy make some researchs
And for other nations,i sugest Brazil,Canada and Peru
posted 08-25-06 02:15 PM EDT (US)     8 / 81  
If Canada is added, they'll have to be "Territory of Canada". I'm not sure what flag they would use, but most likely have a provincial flag or would use the one they had post-independence, not the one they have now.

The countries I mentioned (Yucatán, Deseret, Texas) were all independent states but definitely not major (or even minor) players during the time period. However, you could still make them interesting.

Texas has the Texas Ranger.

Deseret has the Nauvoo Legion.

I have no idea what Yucatán would have, probably something like Government Soldier (Soldado Gobierno?). I really don't recommend you add them.

Canada could probably get a Canadian Militia soldier which is just really tough to kill (historically, Canadian garrisons were to be strong enough to hold out until reinforcements from England arrived).

posted 08-25-06 04:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 81  
If you add Brazil,they could have the dragões da independencia(the royal guard of D Pedro I)
Peru could have the hussares de junin
posted 08-25-06 06:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 81  

Quote:

If you add Brazil,they could have the dragões da independencia(the royal guard of D Pedro I)
Peru could have the hussares de junin

and this is what I need right here, special divisions and regiments for one specific nation that will raise the stats of a unit more than a standard regiment(or division.)

And I don't want to do any major work on any nations yet but here is what I want to add for the first version after this one:::

United States
Mexico
Peru
Brazil
(others for later.)

We just need to do lighter work on them such as what units and techs that they will get, their stats. The actual programming and stuff can probably wait until we get the bugs worked out of the infantry Divisions part of this mod.

And Captain_Soanso and Abadu, you are definitley apart of the devellopement team. Help in whatever way you want to.

posted 08-25-06 09:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 81  
Thanks for acept me in your "team",i will try to find some things to help you
For pictures and information of rio de janeiro(the old brazilian capital,that could be their HC),try this(translated by google):
http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient-menuext&hl=en&u=http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Atlantis/2970/
this i cant traduct,but you only have to click in the regions(nordeste,sudeste,...),click in the states(estados com fortes) and select an fort name(this page is if you want to retesture brazilian buildings):
http://www.fortalezasdobrasil.pro.br/
brazilian "militian" soldiers of the war of the triple aliance(voluntarios da patria)
officer and soldier of brazil in the war of the triple aliance
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagem:Guerra_do_Paraguai_-_Oficial_e_Soldado.JPG
if you want to reskin the brazilian farm:
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagem:EngenhoCanadeAcucar.gif
D Pedro I:
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagem:PedroIVPortugal.jpg
The dragões da independencia:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient-menuext&hl=en&u=http://www.presidencia.gov.br/criancas/cerimonias/principais_tropas/ (you can see the other soldiers)

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient-menuext&hl=en&u=http://www.sgex.eb.mil.br/Rue web/Anexo C Cap II Sec III.htm

http://www.olhares.com/dragoes_da_independencia/foto380493.html

I hope you like what i found for you(im brazilian,thats why found things about brazil is more easy,but i will try to found stuf for mexico and US)

EDIT:look here for mexico
http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting_research/digitized_collections/mexic o/flash/english/index.html

[Edited URL to avoid a bug]
Kastor

[This message has been edited by Kastor (edited 08-26-2006 @ 01:30 PM).]

posted 08-25-06 10:27 PM EDT (US)     12 / 81  
These skins definitely aren't incredibly fancy, but I guess they get the job done.

Canadian Militia:
[JPEG, (210.61 KB)]
I tried my best on this one.

Dragões da Independencia:

I think they used lances, but this one looks better.

I guess you and I, Abadu, will be working together. I'll take a look a those sites once my internet's not lagging.

EDIT #423
I know a lot about Mexico and the US (I'm an American... uh, Chinese American) and can probably provide or find information if you need it. I know their uniforms too.

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 08-25-2006 @ 10:33 PM).]

posted 08-25-06 11:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 81  
Actuallly I would suggest that you redo the French and the British for these mods. The Prussians and the Austrians might work as well. The reason why I suggest European countries is because they had the most advanced militaries in terms of divisions and such during that time period.

Denny Crane
posted 08-26-06 00:42 AM EDT (US)     14 / 81  
Great! These are really useful. If we do decide to make a new building set, it will have to be for a number of civs, not just one though, so I'm guessing that Peru, Mexico, and Brazil will have the same building set.

Still looking around for a site to get up, (and believe me, it won't be pretty, it will just be a simple forum site, so we can communicate quickly, and get pictures and links set up faster, and if we need to transfer files quickly, we have e-mail of course.)

Selim : we are redoing every Nation in order for this to work. British, French, Russians even Dutch. All will have six infantry divisions and six cavalry divisions for each unit that they have.

Abadu, Captain_Soanso : I am also going to do some research on the European uniforms so I can get them out of the way as quickly as possible so we can get to work on the four new nations. For now, I am going to get the programming mechanics done, then send you a beta in a week or two.

posted 08-26-06 01:36 AM EDT (US)     15 / 81  
If you want or care, we can use my site. There's not much there, but I do have a message board linked.

leora.cjb.net

Here are some much more historically accurate units.

Mexican Calvary and Infantry

[JPEG, (162.04 KB)]

EDIT:
I just realized that photobucket shrinks the pictures a lot. I'll try to get better ones tomorrow.

[JPEG, (683.31 KB)]

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 08-26-2006 @ 01:43 AM).]

posted 08-26-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)     16 / 81  
Captain_Soanso:i love your units,you are an great designer,but i dont like the green arms of the dragões da independencia,they arent bad,but i think that you should try to change the arms to white colour and see if its not better(you could TRY to change the weapon too)
The Architect:Im glad to see that you like my researchs,since im only good in this.We need to find more people to our team.(you could contact Lord Tahatus and Kastor here in the forum)

EDIT:some new stuff:
some toy soldiers
peruan hussares de junin
brazilian caçadores a cavalo(cassadores in english)
more soldier toys
voluntarios da pátria
a picture about the batalha dos guararapes(when brazil was and portuguese colonie and the portuguese soldiers,indians,black salaves and brazilians fight against the dutch)
imperial troops
brazilian imperial uniforms
one page about the ships on the american revolution
about american revolution
other thing about american revolution
more about american revolution(look this site,it have good pictures of soldiers)
Continental soldier
civil war soldiers
very good soldier pictures
civil war african american soldiers
more civil war soldiers
more civil war toys
more civil war stuff
some old pictures of washington(i tihnk)for HC
an old washington manor house
revolutionarie period army
photos of the imperial house of mexico
mexican fusilers
peruvian cavalary rengiment
peruvian troops at the battle of arica
hussares de junin
http://www.boletindenewyork.com/husares1.jpg
Carignan-Salières Regiment(one french military rengiment moved to canada to protect the colonie)
carignan
http://members.shaw.ca/kcic2/gifs/rcs.jpg
mexican army

I only could get these few links

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 08-27-2006 @ 11:54 AM).]

posted 08-26-06 01:15 PM EDT (US)     17 / 81  
Yeah, I figured. I'm basing a new one off the lancer.

posted 08-26-06 01:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 81  
Nice looking cavalry.

With the way you two are working, do you just want to make the four new nations, then get to work on the other aspects of the modpack, because it seems like thats what your doing allready. I have no problem with it either way, but also either way, it will still take about two months to release either one. We could switch only to the Four nations and not worry about the other parts for now.

We do need more people for our team. Isn't Kastor running the NE mod right now?

Also I have a list of units for the Americans.

Infantry

Marksmen : The marksmen is like the skirmisher in many ways. It doesn't have the ranged armor that a Skirmisher has, and only has Hand attack armor. It does however have a higher attack.

Musketeer

Line-Infantry : The Line-infantry are like Europe's Crossbowmen and Longbowmen. They are meant to never go past veteran status, and are meant to be replaced by the skirmisher if the nation has it.

Partisan : Partisans are simple farmers and outdoors men. They carry a musketoon that can only be shot at very close range otherwise the spread from the shell exploding would do almost no damage. They do not have a hand attack. These in a sense replace the Pikemen as America never had them.

Scout : The Scout is a quick moving Infantry armed with a rifle. They do not have much attack, or hitpoints, but they can be moved around the battlefield very quickly.

Cavalry

Hussar

Mounted Revolvers : The americans had a huge amount of Dragoons on the Battlefield. The pistols that American Dragoons (and also Mexico, Peru, and Brazil.) were various types of Revolvers. This was usually a Colt revolver but in many cases the Americans had more Foreign (Mainly French) Revolvers to choose from.

Armored Transport : These are warwagons fitted with thicker wood paneling. They can carry up to ten Infantry. They can move as fast as a hussar can. So ten of these can get 100 men to a battlefield very quickly.

Artillery

Falconet

Culverin

Low Angle Howitzer : They are automatically upgraded to this unit and don't need to be upgraded from the Mortar. They can also target Infantry and Cavalry. They do less damage than a standard mortar.

Many of these units can also work for Peru, Mexico and Brazil as well.

[This message has been edited by The Architect (edited 08-26-2006 @ 01:24 PM).]

posted 08-26-06 01:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 81  
Sounds good. Will the Mounted Revolvers be based off the Dragoon unit? I know what an American one looked like.

posted 08-26-06 01:49 PM EDT (US)     20 / 81  
Yes they are based off of the dragoon unit.

And is it agreed that we will make the new nations first? If so you guys pick a nation, announce it, and start to get a list of units and such out. make as many unique units as you want. lets try to make each of these nations as unique as possible. The three nations still up for grabs are Mexico, Peru, and Brazil, though I have an idea of what you are going to pick.

posted 08-26-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 81  
Abadu would surely pick Brazil, and I'm okay with that.

I would probably do Mexico because it would be the easiest for me.

posted 08-26-06 02:08 PM EDT (US)     22 / 81  
Great! That only leaves Peru. Anyone reading this is welcome to join the team and start work on Peru, unless you have a better nation in mind.

Edit: here is an idea of what the US Marksman will look like:::::
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6282/marksmen3agejr4.jpg

[This message has been edited by The Architect (edited 08-26-2006 @ 02:59 PM).]

posted 08-26-06 02:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 81  
Abadu...

Out of my respect for you and history, I've made a more historically accurate uniform.

Architect:

That looks pretty good. Have you considered using my site and boards?

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 08-26-2006 @ 03:02 PM).]

posted 08-26-06 03:15 PM EDT (US)     24 / 81  
Yes I have. I just registered on your website. Abadu, you need to do the same. All communications between the team should move to those Forums.

If anyone else has any questions or suggestions regarding this modpack, post them here or on the other site

it is:::

Leora.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by The Architect (edited 08-26-2006 @ 03:16 PM).]

posted 08-26-06 03:32 PM EDT (US)     25 / 81  
Ok,i will register in your site captain and them i will plan brazil civ(but guys,look at my other post to see FEW new tihngs )

EDIT:now the dragões da independencia looks awesome!

EDIT2:some new stuff:
some toy soldiers
peruan hussares de junin
brazilian caçadores a cavalo(cassadores in english)
more soldier toys
voluntarios da pátria
a picture about the batalha dos guararapes(when brazil was and portuguese colonie and the portuguese soldiers,indians,black salaves and brazilians fight against the dutch)
imperial troops
brazilian imperial uniforms
one page about the ships on the american revolution
about american revolution
other thing about american revolution
more about american revolution(look this site,it have good pictures of soldiers)
Continental soldier
civil war soldiers
very good soldier pictures
civil war african american soldiers
more civil war soldiers
more civil war toys
more civil war stuff
some old pictures of washington(i tihnk)for HC
an old washington manor house
revolutionarie period army
photos of the imperial house of mexico
mexican fusilers
peruvian cavalary rengiment
peruvian troops at the battle of arica
hussares de junin
http://www.boletindenewyork.com/husares1.jpg
Carignan-Salières Regiment(one french military rengiment moved to canada to protect the colonie)
carignan
http://members.shaw.ca/kcic2/gifs/rcs.jpg
mexican army

Hey team,what about call the mod "age of empires III:Revolutions"?

Next, PLEASE use proper BBCode, use

[url=link]text[/url]
with long URLs.
- Argalius

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 08-27-2006 @ 11:47 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: The Second from the Final Frontier
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames