Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Danish Civ Mod
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 11-17-06 09:45 AM EDT (US)   

VERSION 0.1 IS DOWNLOADABLE

Done:
-Editing Techtree.xml, StringTable.xml and Civs.xml (off course)
-Flags
-HC Buntings (not in v0.1)
-Editing RandomNames.xml
-Editing Proto.xml
-Making building and unit Textures
-Adding Textures in Files
-Making a Readme and uploading v0.1

Busy with:
-fixing some small by-myself-discovered bugs

Still to do:
-making this mod better and better

I've finished this mod for a first version. I really liked it to make this mod so I'll go on with it trying to get the best out of Danmark in AoE3. If you downloaded the mod and you found a bug, please report!!!!. If others can't enjoy the mod because it has irritating bugs, I don't like that either.

peugeot407

PS: Rion, thank you for helping me with 90% of the info I used for this mod.

Edit: Logo

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)

[This message has been edited by peugeot407 (edited 12-17-2006 @ 02:59 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-17-06 10:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 70  
I'll try to help you.

1) The patriotic bunting is a Granny file.
2) There's a .xml file that makes the granny file readable by the game.
3) in homecityprops.xml, the file where you can see all HC customizations, is where you should add your danish bunting, that should mention the .xml file in number 2.
4) You can add a "replacetexture" code to replace those buntings with yours.

Quote:

homecitydanish.xml

1) There, you should add the "Danish Bunting Dock", for example, at the end of the page with the other decorations.
2) In homecityprops.xml, "Danish Bunting Dock" would be the name for the dock bunting, and there you should mention the number 2 .xml file
3) Inside that .xml file, you add your texture. Simple.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-17-06 11:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 70  
Very much thanks. I'm directly gonna try it

peugeot407

Edit:

I done it and it worked, but every time I start AoE3 and I select my Danish homecity Esjberg for a second time the banners and the complete civ change back to Dutch. And when I later open sp_homecity_Esjberg.xml, the tag "civilisation" sais 'Dutch' instead of 'Danish'. Does anyone know why this happens, and more important, how I can fix it? I disabled the read-only button on all AoE3-maps so that's not the problem (I thought that could be the problem but when I disabled it, the problem still was there.)

peugeot407

[This message has been edited by peugeot407 (edited 11-19-2006 @ 05:03 AM).]

posted 11-18-06 08:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 70  
This mod looks interesting, could you tell me what uniqe units you have made/will make for them?

"And that my liege, is how we know that the earth is banana-shaped"
posted 11-18-06 09:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 70  
Hum, it's something related to the homecityprops.xml. I usually have this problem with skyboxes. It's there. Maybe you haven't named your bunting correctly?

WOTTA WEBSITE!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-18-06 10:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 70  
A danish modpack ! what about a Snaphane/Gønge for an unique unit?
PS: Ø is an unique danish letter.
PS2: For those of you who get * instead of Ø, its an O with a / through the middle.

[This message has been edited by Rion (edited 11-18-2006 @ 10:50 AM).]

posted 11-18-06 10:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 70  
Haha, Rion's PSs are funny :P

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-18-06 10:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 70  
Why are they funny?
posted 11-18-06 11:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 70  
Haha, they are. Just a curiosity: the forum shows all symbols correctly, you don't need to be afraid of posting your own symbols

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-18-06 11:11 AM EDT (US)     9 / 70  

Quoted from Lord Tahattus:

Haha, they are.

I asked why they are funny .

Quote:

Just a curiosity: the forum shows all symbols correctly, you don't need to be afraid of posting your own symbols

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Rion (edited 11-18-2006 @ 11:12 AM).]

posted 11-19-06 05:11 AM EDT (US)     10 / 70  
@Rion: Maybe you're the best source of info for my mod, because my knowledge of denmark in the AoE3-era is almost nothing. Wat is a Snaphane for example?

@Lord Tahattus: It's not only the bunting which don't work, the complete civ-kind-of tags in sp_homecity_Esjberg change back to Dutch

@fordmaniac: I made a little modified kind of Musketeer and I'm currently working on a new building, a University which is an improvement building which also trains Settlers and Surgeons, and autogathers coin very slowly

peugeot407

posted 11-19-06 05:30 AM EDT (US)     11 / 70  
When Sweden occupied Denmark in 1657-1660, Svend Poulsen "Gøngehøvdingen" (English: Chief of the Gønges) gathered the inhabitants of Skaane, Gønger (english: Gønges), to fight guerilla against the Swedish. They where skilled in marksmanship and ambushing, and there exist many "folktales" about them defeating much larger swedish forces time after time. The swedes called them "Snaphaner (English: Snaphanes)" because it was an old danish word meaning highwaymen, robbers, thiefs and thugs.
In game, they could be a musketeer with more attack, but no bonus against cavalry, longer range and stealth.
PS: The "English:" notes is not the english version of the name, well for "Gøngehøvdingen" is it but not for the rest, it's the danish word with the english plural ending.
PS2: Pictures of Danish Military:
Dragoon 1785
[JPEG, (296.93 KB)]
Private from Det Sjællandske Jægerkorps (The Zealander Hunterregiment):
[JPEG, (218.15 KB)]
Danish Musketeer 1746:
[JPEG, (199.76 KB)]
Danish Grenadier (In Game it could an Elite Musketeer with higher siege attack):
[JPEG, (322.84 KB)]
Danish Marine Officer and private 1801:
http://www.thm.dk/udstil/rk_online/pics/285_s.jpg
The danish battleship "Norske Løve" (Norwegian Lion), 1735-1764:
http://www.thm.dk/udstil/rk_online/pics/055_s.jpg
Note: Denmark was a seafaring nation. In the napoleonic wars Denmark had the best navy right behind Britain!

[This message has been edited by Rion (edited 11-19-2006 @ 06:05 AM).]

posted 11-19-06 11:34 AM EDT (US)     12 / 70  
in homecityprops.xml:

Let's make an academy bunting. Go to this file above, and search for "British_AcadProp01". Copy all that information, and paste at the end of the file. Rename it to "Dane_AcadProp01". Where you see written "visual", is the .xml file that you need to edit to make it look danish. Open that file, make a copy, and paste somewhere.

in dane_tol_prop01.xml (the patriotic bunting .xml):

After the "file" marks, put a "replacetexture" to make them look danish. Save it, then go back to homecityprops.xml and put the correct "way" to get your file. Otherwise, it won't be read.

in homecitydane.xml (the denmark HC, inside data folder):

Go to the extreme end of page and replace all "old" props related to bunting. Gor example, if you find there "British_AcadProp01", that's because it has the british academy bunting; put there the name of your DANE bunting. Save.

in sp_Copenhagen_homecity.xml (the denmark HC, inside savegame folder):

Just replace the same you did above. Now test.

PS: Pictures of your HC now!

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-19-06 03:42 PM EDT (US)     13 / 70  
I got nothing to contribute with... For the swedish empire!

Through the gates of Insanity, to the edge of Humanity...-The Rasmus
posted 11-19-06 04:33 PM EDT (US)     14 / 70  
@Rion: Thanks, thats something I can produce things from.

@Lord_Tahattus: Can you explain it a little more clear because I don't understand the *** out of it. But thanks you wanna help!

@CheddarCheese: Maybe Denmark-Sweden were enemy's??? Looks clear to me...

Thanks Everybody for your ideas but please don't go faster than I can because I'll be busy quite a lot of time with this ideas... But thanks!

peugeot407

posted 11-19-06 04:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 70  
Well, let's see.

Quote:

I don't want to make an entire new HC

You don't want and you can not. That's impossible. But you can make one based on an old HC and make it look original, like my quebec, or kastor's hamburg. (you can see them in the galleries)

Quote:

I've already founded the textures themselves

That's the first step. 90% of people can't even find it.

1) Let's start. Open photoshop, open the bunting textures. You'll notice there are 8 buntings there, one for each nation. Paste over them your already edited danish bunting, 8 times. You'll get an image with 2 columns and 4 rows of danish flags. Now save, convert to .ddt and finish it.

2) Considering you have finished your HC, and that's already working, take a look at the Academy. Let's say it's the british academy you used there. So, you'll need the british academy bunting. Open homecityprops.xml, find there the tags related to british DAMN! academy bunting. It's called "British_AcadProp01". Now copy the information related to it, and paste somewhere. Rename it to "Dane_AcadProp01". Save, then exit.

3) All HCs have a .xml file inside data.bar . You already created one for the danes. Open it, and at the end of the file, you'll see written "British_AcadProp01" (THIS IS AN EXAMPLE!). Rename it to "Dane_AcadProp01". Save, exit.

4) Now, little boy, open back "homecityprops.xml". Go to the dane bunting. You'll see there the link for a .xml file: "british_tol_prop01.xml" or something like that. That's THE XML FILE FOR THE BUNTING GRANNY MODEL. You should find this file inside art2.bar, make a copy of it, rename it to "dane_academy_bunting" (THIS IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE) and replace its texture with the one you created in number "1" of ths tutorial. Save, exit.

5) Back in "homecityprops.xml", edit the "adress" of your fresh new bunting. Save, exit.

6) Go to "sp_Copenhagen_homecity.xml" (THIS IS THE THIRD EXAMPLE), dane's savegame file. There, you'll see "British_AcadProp01" activated. Yes, that's an example too. Rename it to "Dane_AcadProp01" and save. Now go play Aoe3, take a picture of your HC as paste it here. If you don't do that, i'll consider it an offence!

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 11-19-2006 @ 05:18 PM).]

posted 11-20-06 01:54 AM EDT (US)     16 / 70  
Denmark and Sweden was Archenemies! They even still hold the most patriotic danish province, Skaane!
Actually when I researched for pictures of danish military, I found out what their nickname was, Rødkjoler (Reddresses)!
Edit: Sorry, one of Denmarks two most patriotic provinces, the second being Bornholm.

[This message has been edited by Rion (edited 11-20-2006 @ 05:49 AM).]

posted 11-20-06 06:43 AM EDT (US)     17 / 70  
Yeah...Thats right, Seriously Sweden has to have Skaane (Skåne) because of beauty resons, it would just look really wierd if Denmark had it's own little spot on the half island of Sweden... For the Swedish empire!

Through the gates of Insanity, to the edge of Humanity...-The Rasmus

[This message has been edited by CheddarCheese (edited 11-20-2006 @ 06:43 AM).]

posted 11-20-06 09:11 AM EDT (US)     18 / 70  
@Lord Tahattus: Thanks, now I fully understand. And it's a good idea to post screenshots here of Copenhagen (Thats an example). My homecity is called Esjberg, because thats on the 'good' side of Jutland. And you can't create new HC-buildings, that's right, but you can move them, can't you?
And where do you have to place that 'replacetexture' you talked about in your 1st post, as a tag with the path of the texture in it?

@Rion: I known, only that cheddar cheese-pizza didn't I think. Has Bornholm ever been in Swedish hands? I thought it had always been Danish.

@Pizza: your patriotic ideas mean you're from Sweden?

peugeot407

[This message has been edited by peugeot407 (edited 11-20-2006 @ 09:16 AM).]

posted 11-20-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)     19 / 70  

Quote:

And where do you have to place that 'replacetexture' you talked about in your 1st post, as a tag with the path of the texture in it?

Wherever you want.

And stop bothering us with those swedish sentences, CheddarCheese, because this thread is about denmark. Go take care of a swedish mod yourself.

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-20-06 11:17 AM EDT (US)     20 / 70  
Bornholm has been in swedish hands once, but the citizens in its largest city shot the swedish governor and the highest ranking officers. Then their leaders sailed to København (Copenhagen) and gave Bornholm back to the danish King. That what was happened when Sweden captured Bornholm!
PS: CheddarCheese, SKAANE BACK TO DENMARK!
Edit: I know something about modding myself. I think, think, the "ReplaceTexture" tag is supposed to be right underneath the line indicating what model you'r using.
Edit2: An example could be, if you looked in the imperial version of the musketeer in the "Unit Upgrades Modpack" by Imperiosus.

[This message has been edited by Rion (edited 11-20-2006 @ 11:23 AM).]

posted 11-20-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     21 / 70  
The danes arn't better they took Grønland but Haag let it go so it isn't much we can do.
back on topic since Danes owned Norway that time mybe you
could give Denmark any church-techs wich showed that.

[This message has been edited by fordmaniac (edited 11-20-2006 @ 12:06 PM).]

posted 11-20-06 12:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 70  
Denmark must have some norwegian techs. In the 17th and 18th century (don't know the exact dates) it wasn't called Denmark, but Denmark-Norway.

[This message has been edited by Rion (edited 11-20-2006 @ 02:01 PM).]

posted 11-20-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 70  
Exactly, maybe something about Tordenskiold a Norwegian fleet captain which destroyed an entire swedish fleet in the fjord of Dynekilen

[This message has been edited by fordmaniac (edited 11-20-2006 @ 01:40 PM).]

posted 11-20-06 02:01 PM EDT (US)     24 / 70  
Perhaps a card which increase the HP and speed of Frigates?
I also think it would help peugeot407 if you could find some pictures of norwegian military.
Offtopic: Tordenskjold is actually portrayed on the danish matchboxes.
Edit: peugeot407, I was wondering if I also could help in a less researching way? Like helping with units and such (although no HC editing).

[This message has been edited by Rion (edited 11-20-2006 @ 02:16 PM).]

posted 11-21-06 09:50 AM EDT (US)     25 / 70  
http://www.elverumske.nomay help you find something about Norwegian ski tropps(skirmishers using skis) this unit defeated a swedish force at Trangen under the Napoleonic wars

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Danish Civ Mod
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames