loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Beginners Tutorials Programme
posted 01-05-07 05:59 PM EDT (US)   
The Beginners Tutorials Programme

What The Tutorial Programme does
A sreenshot of the main menu so far

The Options

Introduction to AOE3 modding A good introduction including links to all the programs you need
Links to good AOE3 sites Links to any goof AOE3 sites
Proto or Protox tutorial A tutorial that fully explains the proto in html screenshot below

Stringtable, techtree and homecity files tutorial Good tutorial in html like above
Putting mercenaries, flag bearer etc. in the barracks A tutorial on doing exactly this in html
The basics for making a civ A tutorial on doing exactly this in html
The Ronin Maker Makes a ronin for you and makes it avalible to a civ of your choice (look at the screenshot)

Open the aoe3 data folder does exactly this

plus a few other things will be added if requested

will be avaliable for TWC aswell

and also im not very good with thread design or screenshots as you can see

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 01-13-2007 @ 01:08 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-06-07 10:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
hey i just uploaded it so you should be able to download it soon i found it very usefull please rate it it took a lot of work and its my first AOE3 programme

also when you press print screen what folder is the screenshot in

posted 01-06-07 10:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
It's in My Document/My Games/Age of Empires III/Screenshots.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 01-06-07 10:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
You said that you uploaded it. Where is it? It sounds very useful, and I'd like to see it soon.
posted 01-06-07 12:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
no argalius i ment outside the game when you press it in the computers main window and everyone its downloadable here in misc downloads section

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 01-06-2007 @ 12:46 PM).]

posted 01-06-07 12:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
In that case it goes nowhere, you'll need to open an image editing program and paste the image (control+v).

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 01-06-07 02:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
posted 01-07-07 05:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
posted 01-07-07 10:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Awesome....
posted 01-13-07 01:06 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
Its being updated a lot for the v1 as im starting to get the hang of programing
posted 01-14-07 05:30 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
Ever heard of Stringbablex?

No, serious, this will be one of the best things which has ever been done on the modding section. Lots of people are always asking questions and posting ideas, but are not working on it themselves, because it would be too hard. With such a program we can prove that the basics aren't hard at all, so we will get more good mods, after some time (...)

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
posted 01-14-07 07:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
thanks im hoping eventually it will have all you need to know about aoe3 in one place
posted 01-27-07 10:20 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
The v1 will be available soon

it will include

a little screen of the links option

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 01-27-2007 @ 10:23 AM).]

posted 01-27-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
Really cool Irish, but you need to fix some english/typing mistakes, take a careful look

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 01-28-07 02:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
posted 01-29-07 09:24 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
It's a rather funny program although I'd like to give you some suggestions on how you could improve it in the future if you're planning to do so.

First of all the spelling errors, the StringtbableX being the most obvious one. There are some more so I'd suggest that you let someone proof-read everything so you can fix those errors.

Secondly, the part that should link to your favourite sites gives an error and shuts down the program.

It'd be nice if you could make the Ronin maker that you can only insert digits into certain parts like population, now I can add anything. Also it'd be nice if you could make it so that when you add a change to the code, the code would automatically update.

Also the Introduction page looks rather messy because all the text is centered, aligning it to the left would look much better.

Then there is the lay-out, it would certainly help if you'd bold or italic important parts so when you're browsing through the files you can easily see what happens where. The Homecity tutorial is a good example of this.

Also I'd use a .css file to save the style part of the HTML, it'll reduce the size of all the files a little and makes it easier for you to change the overall lay-out of all the files if you want to. Now you'll have to go through all files with the .css file you'll need to edit one.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 01-29-07 12:25 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
thanks argalius
the computer languge i use just basic seems to be causing some problems on other computers but still thanks for the suggestions
posted 01-29-07 01:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
the programme works for me except the links page
posted 01-29-07 01:52 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  

its being updated now to include everything in a nice html document with links etc.
download and you will understand what i mean
no longer a large exe taking up so much space
Download here

[This message has been edited by irish_legend8 (edited 01-29-2007 @ 01:54 PM).]

posted 01-31-07 05:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
Ive now put all those html into one book yes an ebook which is one signle standalone exe with no folders no installer or any of that just it
it has 5 tuts a links page and other things like search for and etc.
give here a try here
posted 02-03-07 10:47 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
Cool, very nice

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » The Beginners Tutorials Programme
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames