Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Water Trade Route
posted 12-27-07 01:25 AM EDT (US)   
I don't know if anyone has discovered it yet but I found a water trade route, here it is a screenshot:
[JPEG, (223.52 KB)]
You can see in the minimap how that caravel is the trade route.

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
Replies:
posted 12-27-07 01:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Which map, etc?
posted 12-27-07 04:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
I guess planting a trade route on the water wouldn't be the hardest part. But does the trade unit actually switch when on water and land? Because that'd be very nice.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
posted 12-27-07 09:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
I've seem a few Unknown maps in which the Trade route would go under the water at some points, but the Travois/Stagecoach/Train would just ignore the water and keep going. Maybe now when it happens, they actually become a Caravel?

Anyway, what map is in the screenshot, and why is it in modding discussions?

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 12-27-07 01:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
I posted this on modding because one needs to do a small mod to the traderoutes.XML to make the travois a caravel or any other ship, when it is a ship it goes over the water and not under as the travois/stagecoach/train do. The bad part is that it doesn't switch when it touches earth , well, anyway this trade route can be used in a mod for a nautical RM.

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » The Water Trade Route
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames