You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wow... I love the French [rush]... and their Native Friends.
posted 11-08-05 10:24 PM EDT (US)   
I haven't seen anyone do a write up of this strategy, so I'll give you all a little bit of info about it.

I've been playing the French lately. I had never tried a rush before, but I had heard about the French Native rush so I just tried it out in my first French game. I have succeeded with this strategy in almost all of my games. I don't remember how many total games I've played, but I've only lost 2 so far. One was to an Ottoman rush, and the other was to another French rushing player who made it to Colonial a tad faster than me.

In all of my rushing games I focus on food and wood until I can afford to advanced to Colonial around 4:30-5:00. I usually have one villager mining so I can have enough coin to afford hunting dogs as soon as possible and any crucial Native techs that might interest me before I can use my Native Lore HC card in Colonial. I have about 13-14 villagers before I advance (3 or 4 on wood, 1 on gold and the rest on food; sometimes 2 on gold depending on the map). I use two HC cards in the Discovery Age--2 Coureirs and Furriers. Once you get the 300 wood card, you can use that instead of furriers for your 2nd shipment. It really helps a lot for building trading posts, barracks, and towers. In addition, when I advance to Colonial, I always choose the advancement that rewards 500 wood.

During the advancement, I task about 4 or so food villagers to wood and one food villager to gold. After advancing, one wood villager goes back to food and the Town Center waypoints food for about 2 more villagers, then to wood or gold, or whatever is needed.

In the Colonial Age, I will start out using a Native village for units. Maps with Lakota and Comanche are a little harder since their units are more wood expensive, so I'll usually have a barracks up and producing Musketeers first (on those maps). With this strategy, Musketeers should be easy to train in masses to help support your Natives as you should have plenty of food and gold.

In this age you should use the following cards: 4 settlers, 600 food or 600 wood (if ever needed), Native Lore, stronger Natives (the French bonus card), 2 outposts, and 8 crossbowmen for a successful rush. Don't use these cards in any particular order. Use them as you need them like in any other game. Just remember to use your extra wood from your 300 wood card and your free advancement shipment to establish a trade route early on so you can receive shipments faster.

One final tip: Use your Native Scout to do your exploring in the beginning on the game. Use your explorer to gather the treasures that you can. After you've revealed the map with your scout, keep him at the edge of your opponent's town to see what he's doing before you send your troops in. When you do send your troops, focus them on villagers first.

If done right, you should end the game in the Colonial Age.

[This message has been edited by Cy Marlayne (edited 11-08-2005 @ 11:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-08-05 10:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Yes, the French native rush is a very strong strat. Though the Lakota, and Comanche cost more it is usually more effective with them because they are more hit, and run.

Thnks for posting this in an easy to understand format I have never quite understand how to do it myself.

posted 11-09-05 09:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
The card you really want for a native rush is native treaty, the free units are excellent value. Concentrate on food, advance to Colonial asap, build a tradepost on two different natives. Use your native treaty card while producing whatever natives you can. Instant eary army, no pop cost, very very nice. I easpecially like the Lakota, excellent raiders and you get 2 dog soldiers, those guys are excellent so early in Colonial. At level 25 you can get the cheap tradepost card, that will make it even easier.

Little_Wing

Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

[This message has been edited by Little_Wing (edited 11-09-2005 @ 09:09 AM).]

posted 11-09-05 09:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Wow, I can't believe I left that card out! You're right, it makes the rush even easier.
posted 11-22-05 07:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
I've lvl 29 French now and I'm preparing for using the Natvie Rush. Can anybody make a 2nd strategy with cards like advanced trading post, and native treaties, because the order will get different.
posted 11-22-05 08:28 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
lol the one who made this topic.. u didnt do native treaty?:S btw this strat is already posted of my brother Dz3MiL or someting like that, u can find it somewhere here

www.elitesite.tk<---my clan, you are free to join, depends on skills^if u like to chat or join just add my msn emco_@hotmail.com beacuse i love to chat strats and stuff
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Wow... I love the French [rush]... and their Native Friends.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames