Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: native rush strat
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-17-05 04:16 PM EDT (US)   
I donīt know if u guys already seen this strat.
It works with all nations, but best with nations that get 500 wood when they go to colonial.
U need the card native treaties(gives u a shipment of native warriors from each different allied tribe)

1. Put all settlers at food and start making colonial when u have around 10-13 settlers. U need to get to colonial quick.

2 While u are upgrading to colonial, put like 7 settlers (depending on which nation u are and how many settlers u got) at wood. When u have 250 wood u make a trading post at a native tribe. When u finish your trading post u should have got to colonial and as soon as u get new 250 wood u build another trading post at a different tribe.

3. When the second trading post is ready u should use that card the card native treaties

With french i do this in less than 8 minutes + i have a barrax and can make some musketeers and a very good economy. First card is used on settlers. Second card on 4 settlers and third card will be the native unit card. But u can take second card to get units if u want. But u get the 3 card about the same time ur second trading post is finished

On great plains u recieve 4 land axe warriors, 4 cavarly archers and 2 dog soldiers. I tried this at a map with aztec and maya tribes and got like 6 medicine men and 10 units. Pwnage!! Donīt know what u get from other maps.

Hope this will work for you

Makaveli

Replies:
posted 11-17-05 04:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 36  
Good Plan

I play Spanish as my main civ and I tend to use Natives a lot more in games than other units. Spain does not have a really decent rush going for them so the Native rush coupled with my "Upgraded Hero" and 8 war dogs usually puts a huge dent in the enemy.
The war dogs can train on the fly and in groups of 5. I can pump out 8 war dogs in about 30 seconds right in the middle of a battle. Nothing pisses the enemy off more than to have just beaten all of my army and then have 5 dogs spawn out of my hero. Muahaha

posted 11-17-05 04:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 36  
Not smart somewhat, if your going for a native rush, eithyer have both of them build by the time you get to t2 and pump natives, or get one built by the time you get to t2 and puump natives.

Also I'm pretty sure the native treaty shipment gives you natives for every native trading post that you have built, and all the ones you build...

posted 11-17-05 05:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36  
no they have to be different tribes
posted 11-17-05 05:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36  
No, different.
posted 11-18-05 02:06 AM EDT (US)     5 / 36  
ive encountered thise strategy twice..its really strong

but youll have to look out for hussars, when using this

posted 11-18-05 08:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 36  
Some of that is bullshit.

For each Tradepost build (when allying with Natives of course, not for XP), you will gain a few units. So you can ally with 2 Lakota and 1 Comanche, and thus get 4 dog soldiers and more troops.

This strategy becomes really viable at level 25, where you get the improved Trading Post, cutting down the resource cost with 50%, HP increases 50% and the Post gains and attack. As Dutch, I can have 3 trading posts up at the moment I hit Colonial.

Use Native Treaties, and you have a big army (and still not even popped!)

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 11-18-05 09:44 AM EDT (US)     7 / 36  
hmm are u sure about that. That u get more troops if u have more trading post at trbies.. cuz once i made a mistake and took 2 same tribes and got only few units.
But yea it gets better when u have lvl 25+
posted 11-18-05 01:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 36  
What is the effect of Native Treaties, when you have a native settlement that produces more than one type of native unit there? Do you get one type of unit or both? (ex Iroquois)
posted 11-18-05 01:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36  
you get more units ^^ You will get a few of each type. For example.....with Aztecs you get 5 warriors and 5 medicine men. (Not sure if it is 5 but it might be 5 warriors - 2 medicine men or something)
posted 11-18-05 02:43 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36  
I think Aztecs have Eagle Warriors and Jaguar warriors, so you'd get some of each then? Sounds pretty good.
posted 11-18-05 03:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36  
yes it does
posted 11-18-05 06:30 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36  
Its a fine strat, but you could have an equeal amount of natives by 5xx-6xx, almost 2 minutes before he said, if you just make natives instead of only treaty...
posted 11-18-05 06:37 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36  
you could pump out natives.....but that costs resources. YOu wouldnt have enough wood to make all those natives and build all the trading posts. Then you would need a lot of food for the villagers. Its ok if you are rushing with natives I guess, but why not build a strong economy and rush with free units instead of rushing with your resources?
posted 11-19-05 05:11 AM EDT (US)     14 / 36  
well if u pump units u loose resources. with this u can go age 3 less than 9 minutes. and u dont have ti rush with them, just raid and make him scared while u go to age 3 he has nothing. btw the map with an aztec trbie and one maya u get like 6 medicine men and more than 10 warriors. 6 medicine men do very much healing
posted 11-19-05 10:16 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36  
bunch of medicine men who can't attack...lol
posted 11-19-05 11:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 36  
6 Medecine Men healing 1 unit all at once lol
posted 11-20-05 01:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 36  
Yeah Yeah, but wait until those 6 medicen men are healing his army of cuirs making them even more of a pain to deal with, or just healing raiding parties so you're under constant harassment by full health raiding parties, while he doesn't need to waste resources replenishing his troops.

"Math is the language in which God has written the universe."
posted 11-21-05 11:49 AM EDT (US)     18 / 36  
I just started to play French, and I was just wondering at what point the Native Treaties card is available.
posted 11-21-05 05:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 36  
u can get it in age 2 and all levels ... btw medicine men are like priests and imams.. they heal all units very good

www.elitesite.tk<---my clan, you are free to join, depends on skills^if u like to chat or join just add my msn emco_@hotmail.com beacuse i love to chat strats and stuff
posted 11-21-05 05:17 PM EDT (US)     20 / 36  
ElitE,
I know you can send for that card in COlonial, but at what HC level is it available. I think my French HC is only at level 9 right now. I'm kinda hoping it's unlocked at level 10
posted 11-21-05 05:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 36  
Well, if it arrives at 8 minutes its not really a rush. A port fast fort would reach third age about then and have a fortress up soon after.

I've been working on my native rush for a while now, both with and without improved trading posts (I like experimenting). I've also examined whether you get units for each trading post or each tribe, and I can conclusively say that it's only for each tribe. Ie if you have 1 trading post with aztec you get 4 jaguar and 4 eagle warriors, 2 trading posts with aztec is still 4 jaguar and 4 eagle warriors. Therefore you need a maximum of 1 trading post with each different tribe. The downside of this is that some maps only spawn 1 type of native tribe, so this strat is very situational.

If you want to speed up your rush try this (this is certainly not optimised yet, and I'm playing with numbers all the time):

AGE 1
*All villies on food, except one on wood
*Build 2 villies and put them on wood
*When you get your first shipment send 300 wood
*When you have 800 food switch all villies to wood and age up with 500 wood, send 1 of the woodies forward as close to the enemy TC as you can build
*As 250 wood becomes available build 1st trading post
*as next 250 wood becomes available build 2nd trading post, MUST be with different tribe, 2/3 of all villies back to food

AGE 2
*You will age about the time the second trading post is finished, pick up wood by TC
*Start a tower with your forward woody as soon as you age
*spend any spare resources on native units (even if it's only 1 unit)
*Send the native treaties card as soon as you age
*tower must be finished before native treaties arrives, set shipments to arrive at your tower
*Native units (from treatie and built) all raid enemy villies (duh!)
*goes without saying that after the first wave of natives you need to focus on your eco. Often a good move to look to homeland defence if you suspect your rush will get countered by a raid or to push for fortress with the 700 coin shipment if you're fairly confident.

You can improve your age time by not building any villies, but it makes it very hard to get the two trading posts and tower up early enough.

Some people go on about this being overpowered, and that's only the case if your enemy goes for a slow age. At most this strat will net you about 8 heavy inf, maybe 10. It is certainly possible to counter this by an equally early age, judicious towering and some early crossbows.

Just remember the shambles this strat leaves the eco in and try to fight it off while minimising villie losses and villie downtime.

[This message has been edited by Dr Imp (edited 11-21-2005 @ 05:41 PM).]

posted 11-22-05 11:05 AM EDT (US)     22 / 36  
native american treaties? FREE UNITS!

c'mon who doesn't want free units. I always have this card in my deck. Natives are annoying,pesky, and if used right downright devestating.

[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1769/fenam2300x754no.jpg[/img]

or

Fenam

posted 11-22-05 11:19 AM EDT (US)     23 / 36  
Doh! Just realized how to get it last night.
posted 11-23-05 02:09 AM EDT (US)     24 / 36  
its faster than 8 minutes, my bro just said the max time should be 8 minutes

www.elitesite.tk<---my clan, you are free to join, depends on skills^if u like to chat or join just add my msn emco_@hotmail.com beacuse i love to chat strats and stuff
posted 11-23-05 07:22 AM EDT (US)     25 / 36  
well that native treaty card is ebst on great plains cuz u get so many horse units whitch are very strong.. and yeah dr imp i said 8 max.. i get it faster than 7 minutes and have a very steady income.. but i dont use it as rush so much. jsut add them to my army or go raiding
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » native rush strat
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames