You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: French Fast Fort/Colonial Cav Rush
posted 11-18-05 07:46 PM EDT (US)   
This strat isn't a really good perfect one like the galley sling and im not god at this game (i'm really good but there are players wayyy better than me) and I've come up with a strat that lets you get to fort faster than the other players or get a nice amount of hussars really fast.

Depending on if you want Fast Fortress Age or Colonial Cav Rush should decide the cards you use. The Strats are really the same until you get to age 2. Use gold or hunting improvement cards for fast fort. If you got for a colonial cav rush then take some cav benefit cards and cards that give you hussars in colonial.

On Age 1 unload all the crates and build 1 house, then task ALL your courers on hunting. Make sure you always have AT LEAST 1 courer in que at the TC and everytime you get one task them on hunting. While most people like to send the 300 food card this age, i find that everytime i do it the food doesnt arrive until i am already reaching colonial so its better to send either the 2 or 3 courer card depending on what you have. Furrier is another good one to send.

When you are ready to age up choose the Quarter Master. Once the reasearch starts take half of your courers on put them on gold mining. When you hit age 2 have 1 courer unload the 500 wood cord and once again make sure you have 1 courer in the que at all times and keep putting them on food or gold, trying to keep it balanced.

If you are going for fast fort then use the wood to make 1 market and 4 houses. If you are going for a Cav Rush make 1 Stable and 2 houses with it.

If you are going for fast fort keep cranking out the courers, for your 2nd card send 4 courers and keep em tasking on hunting or mining. You'll have enough to upgrade to fort in no time in which what to do now is up to you. 1 thing i like to do is take 1/3 of my courers on put them on wood and start making houses and then as soon as i hit age 3 start cranking out the curs (IF you have kept them all on food and gold you'll be able to afford a good amount.

If you are going for the Cav Rush send whatever hussar card you have and get your free hussars. At this point you want to task a few, i'd say 4-6 courers on wood to make houses to keep up with the hussars you'll be able to crank out. Use your stable and train them as fast as you can. When i did this strat on great plains i had 20 hussars by the time my allies got 4 or 5. For 3rd card i recommend the team card to improve hussar hitpoints, and for card 4 the one that improves their attack.

Now i know this isn't a perfect strat but it's help me get a nice size army fairly quick. If any of you guys have ideas on how to improve i'm listening lol.

[This message has been edited by Alex898 (edited 11-23-2005 @ 02:24 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-18-05 09:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Don't use all your coureurs to unpack the crates, for starters. I send 4 to the first deer and 2 to unpack only food, as soon as I can queue a coureur I send one of the unpacking dudes to the deer, and as soon as the food is unpacked I send the last one to deer, building a house and unpacking the rest with the 8th vill. It takes a little bit of micro but your food kicks in quicker and it saves you several seconds getting your first coureur out.

Leader- OOYA (Odhinn Owns Ye All)

Also check out my band at www.myspace.com/wdreams

posted 11-19-05 00:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
I did the Fast Fort on a 4v4, i reached Colonial at 4:47 and then reached Fort at 8:36, and since i had the majority of my villies on hunting and mining with around 5 on wood to make houses, i got a decent size amount of curs up shortly after hitting fort. We ended up winning

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=404d18c0-b237-ab4f-b1d3-add9df33cb48&md=ZS_Supremacy

[This message has been edited by Alex898 (edited 11-19-2005 @ 00:42 AM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » French Fast Fort/Colonial Cav Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames