You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Pro German Rush
posted 03-05-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)   
This is a very simple undecorative guide. This is a baisc overview to how to rush for both noobs and pros.

Overview:
The whole point of rushing is to dish out troops to attack in the early 2:00-3:30 min of the game. The only way to achieve this is by obtaining 800 food as soon as possible. This means no food should be spent on upgrades or villagers as it will slow you down.

About Me:
For any of you who wants to contact me via ES online, my user name is Uchiha_Sasuke. I am currently at skill lvl 30 (Major), with 87% wins. I am ranked top 3 for Most Carolina Wins and Most German Wins.

This is my strategy guide for the map Carolina as i am aiming for rank 1 on the ladder.

Cards:
As this guide is for noobs, all cards i will mention will be available for lvl 1 hcs. I will also mention optional cards for higher lvls.

• 300 Food Crate - Age 1
  • 5 Uhlans - Age 2
  • 3 Doppelsoldner & 2 Uhlans - Age 2
  • 300 Gold Crate - Age 1

Optional Cards (All lvl 10 hc Required)

• 8 Crossbowman & 2 Uhlans - Age 2
  • 600 or 700 Food Crate & 2 Uhlans- Age 2
  • 600 or 700 Gold Crate & 2 Uhlans- Age 2

The Rush:
    You will need to know how to do simple microing

1. At the start quickly select your explorer, set him to ctrl+1 and set a waypoint for him to explore near your base then to walk to where your enemy's base should be

2. Select 1 of your villagers and get him to start gathering the food crates

3. Click and Drag the rest of the villagers, set them to control group 3, and send them towards the nearest deers

Note: if no deer are visible get those villagers onto wood and send 1 to walk near the edge of your base till you find some

4. Select 2 of the villagers as they approach the deers and send them behind the deer so that when they shoot, their guns will point towards your tc

5. Use the 2 villagers to shoot the deer and get all of the villagers on group 3 to gather food from it

6. Once you see the amount of food you have currently + the food remaining in the crates is 800, send your group 3 villagers onto the nearest tree

7. When you have 800 food age with the Philosopher Prince who will give you 500 food

8. Once your villager at the crates have finished gathering them send him onto gold

9. When you have obtained 450 wood, build 2 houses with one of your group 3 villagers and send the rest onto gold

Note: If you have already aged and you have less than 450 wood, build 1 house then barracks and keep chopping till you can get your 2nd house

10. By this time you should have your first card. Save it and leave it for later

11. During the time left befor you age, select 2 of your mining villagers and set them to control group 3, and select 1 other mining villager and set him to group 2

12. In the few seconds before you age, send your group 3 villagers (which should be 2 villagers) towards the tc so they can gather the 500 food crate when it arrives

13. When you age(around 2:30-3:00), use your group 2 villager to start building a barracks (shortcut key: b)

14. After you start to build the barracks press H for shipment and select the 5 Uhlans card, then set the barracks onto control group 2

15. Make 4 villagers with the 500 Food and set them onto the deer, the villagers you started with should all be on gold

16. If you have done your exploring properly, you should know the locations of your enemy's villagers

Note: I have often discovered you should harrass the enemy's villagers with your explorer to get them to attack you so they dont gather ;p

17. When the uhlans arrive send them towards the villagers and harrass them, if they run into the tc just run and continue to harrass

18. Your second shipment should arrive soon and use it on the 400 gold Mercanaries, with the remaining gold build Doppelsoldners

19. Use your troops to harrass the villagers and to start attacking the houses and their barracks

20. Once you have the situation under control with enough troops attack their tc

The game usually differs greatly from here. I usually just use the other 2 military cards (3 Doppelsoldners & 2 Uhlans, 8 Crossbowman & 2 Uhlans, 700 gold & 2 Uhlans). If you suspect the enemy of starting a new base, send uhlans to scout around while the rest of your troops attack.

If you're planning to use this strat on other maps with less crates, the strat differs by building 2-3 villagers near the start and using the first card on 300 food or wood.

I've found this strat works best in 1v1 or 2v2, if you're playing a 3v3 with pros it is extremelly risky.

Have Fun Rushing
    Uchiha_Sasuke

• Replies:
    posted 03-05-06 08:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
    Colonial militia + ff = your dead.

It just doesn't work in really competitive games.

"Dutch are OP!"
    "Iriquois are OP!"
    "Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan
    posted 03-05-06 08:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
    by the time the opposition reach colonial they wont bother using militia
    posted 03-05-06 08:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
    I'm just curious if you just play on carolina and noob bash with this strategy? Do you play normal random maps games or do you just select only carolina for your games?

Q: What do you call a German Major playing as another civ?
    A: A 2nd Lieutenant

[This message has been edited by Moourns (edited 03-05-2006 @ 08:57 PM).]

posted 03-05-06 08:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
    I use this strat on other maps too but the rush just takes longer to start as i have to gather more food
    posted 03-05-06 08:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
    offtopic: Incan Huamanica rush (the ones that cost 100w ) doesnt work neither because you dont get them from the native treaties shipment anymore .
    posted 03-05-06 10:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15  

Quote:

by the time the opposition reach colonial they wont bother using militia

So ur assumeing it will work cause ur opponent will just happen to not build mm? Not exzactly the best way tyo form a strat. Cause like stophon said it wont work. MM with micro will slaughter the rush, and then ur enemy will have mercs vs ur age2 units...

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 03-06-06 11:10 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
    i have also tried german rushing (but i made some vils annd aged later) but it doesnt work for me
    the problem is that minutemen have ranged attack and move faster then lands and dopps so with micro they will pwn you, even if they are at 1hp. and its quite clear ur going to rush with the 4 lands card in ur deck.
    does it also takes 60 seconds to ship colonial mercs or are they faster?
    posted 03-06-06 12:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
    Well, as some of you have stated before, this rush can go bad with a bit of micro from your enemy. By the time the rush actually engages, the enemy should have just ages to colonial a little big ago. And this is against a good player, so expect some muskets. BUT! against most players you should be able to drop their tc with 4 lands 2-4 dops and 8 xbows if you're lvl 10. The xbows are basically there to keep the infantry and MM off of your lands and dops while they drop the tc. Before the patch the enemy tc would drop anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 min 15 seconds depending how many lands you lose to the MM. This type of rush is an all or nothing rush and well, doing the rush Uchiha's way is very dangerous. First off, he's not making any villies until he's already aged, so that makes for alot of tc idle time. If the rush fails then he has a piece of crap economy and if he doesn't boom fast enough to save his sorry ass he's done for. A spanish FF would kill this rush since they can literally get their entire colonial age military from shipments. This rush works well but the key to success is the element of surprise, so please don't have only one deck and use this rush, it's a bit obvious...
    posted 03-06-06 12:36 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
    the key element is suprise: which suprise? its quite clear wath ur going to do if you have 4 colonial lands in ur deck. by the time you have lands, dopps and xbows they are nearly fortress. age up skirms will pwn you.
    posted 03-06-06 12:48 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
    I've found this strat (or my variation of it) works quite well. Since the patch I'm playing predominantly 1v1 quickmatch games and I'm only a captain (but that has something to do with people who abuse the disconnect nonreport to power rating bug). I play a german deck/style that allows me to have a strong T2 economy or a fairly fast fortress, depending on conditions.

I ship:
    1-2 Wagons (my only age1 card)
    2-3 Wagons+2 Uhlans

Then my other choices for age2 are 3 dopples+2uhlans, treaties, and 4 landscheckts (which I think also includes 2 uhlans). My resource cards for age2 are 700 wood, 600 gold, 700 gold, and my favorite new card "palatine settlements". I've found the biggest problem for the germans is pop lock due to mercs and free uhlans and settlements deals with that nicely.

Once I get into Fortress (if necessary), I have 4 dopps, 5 dopps, 9 skirms, 8 uhlans, 9 uhlans, fort, 11 landschekts, 10 black riders, and 14 jaegers.

Of course my Industrial is two factories. If you get into a long game and don't have factories, you are in TROUBLE (but I'm not sure that germantown farmers are not more powerful than even factories for NR games).

Anyways, to address some of the issues brought forth. I'm not playing pros.. but I'm playing intermediates in the master sergeant to captain range.

1- Minutemen: Yes, they are strong against landschekts, even when at 1hp. However, that's what free uhlans are for. It's important to not add your uhlans to your seige.. keep them at safety. Then when the MM come out, you have no choice but to flee with your doppls/lands. Once the MM are close to death, rush in with your free uhlans (4-8 of them) and take down his already dying minutement. Then switch, pull your infantry back in to seige and pull your uhlans back out to harass any villagers that think they can leave the TC area (the key is to keep them off gold). This same idea works against xbows.. except you *must* keep your infantry fighting the xbows when they spawn (they are slow on foot and when tied up in melee they are weak).

2- The germans cannot beat ottoman or spanish on Sonora (in the hands of a capable player). I quit immediately if random matchup is Sonora. Apparently the game has to go 2mins to record stats, which is a good idea. The portugese are tough on this map, too. You have to defend the maya village but they are not particularly powerful against the portugese.

Most german players ship 700 gold as their second shipment and go straight to 3 to try and get mercs on the board asap. I've found this strategy is VERY good against the spanish or ottomans. However, I prefer to ship the 3 wagons + 2 uhlans and get to Fortress the old fashioned way (by mining gold like no tomorrow). I save the next shipment for mercs once I get to Fortress and try to get a foundry on the ground producing as fast as possible once there (My goal is to have 3-4 falocnets, mercs, and all the uhlans I can keep). Germans vs Germans, I like to survive their initial assault and make it to fortress with a superior economy.

Germans are hard to defeat in Fortress, but they are also very powerful in age2 with uhlans and dopples. They're my new favorite Civ since the patch (before the patch I favored Spanish and Ottoman).

EDIT: Skirms are *not* what they used to be. They are no longer effective against uhlans, hussars, and cossacks. They die to rodeleros now. There was a time when the french getting 9 skirms upon reaching fortress at ~6mins was a serious issue for other rushing civs. Now, with one less CdB and the speed reduction on skirms, they are not the elite force they once were nor do they arrive in Fortress as quickly.

[This message has been edited by TechnoButt (edited 03-06-2006 @ 12:52 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 01:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  

Quote:

1- Minutemen: Yes, they are strong against landschekts, even when at 1hp. However, that's what free uhlans are for. It's important to not add your uhlans to your seige.. keep them at safety. Then when the MM come out, you have no choice but to flee with your doppls/lands. Once the MM are close to death, rush in with your free uhlans (4-8 of them) and take down his already dying minutement. Then switch, pull your infantry back in to seige and pull your uhlans back out to harass any villagers that think they can leave the TC area (the key is to keep them off gold). This same idea works against xbows.. except you *must* keep your infantry fighting the xbows when they spawn (they are slow on foot and when tied up in melee they are weak).

A) That is why i send rods as well... they will help defend vs the rush. B) the mm just have to dely u long enof to allow me to get age3. Once i do it is gg for u

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 03-06-06 01:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
    This thread is a joke I'm hoping.

I might also add that you are rated 1762 on cuetech, which is hardly professional. It's fine to post strategies, but don't tell me this will work against any good player.

My ESO is Shields. I might be on later today and I'll give you a holla if you're on.

Quote from WH_demoneyekyo: "I would say u need more thinking playing "Go" then u would playing chess."

[This message has been edited by Zeusmeister (edited 03-06-2006 @ 01:59 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 02:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
    Zeus is correct with the whole rush being a joke towards a 1850+ player. All you need is a little bit of skill to fend off this type of rush. Some idiot that had an uber win % and like 4 mil xp came into a 2v2 with me and decided to noob bash. He got his ass handed to him when he tried this on me while i ff'd. This was a German vs. German battle as well. So yeah, if you ff, this rush is pretty much useless. And btw, the person whoever said that he liked to send the palentine house card. Don't it's a waste of a shipment. Why would you do that when u can just ship military and go on the offensive isntead of having your houses torn down later because you're weak?
    posted 03-06-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
    lol if ppl u playing with atack ur explorer with villagers then u surelly arent playing good players
    posted 03-06-06 07:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
    Your Overall RM

You're pretty much screwed if your opponent isn't mentally handicapped. If he builds so much as minutemen, garrisons 10 vils, + a shipment, your rush will be repelled and you just gave him the game.

[This message has been edited by Racerus (edited 03-06-2006 @ 07:14 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Pro German Rush
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames