Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The most unusual otto rush known to badgers
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 05-20-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)   
Right this is my unusual otto rush its purely designed to get your eco alot better than your opponents. This is best used against a weaker rush civ or an FI I think. Definitley not against an FF.

So I'll get on with the build order that should give all the info needed then you guys can comment on it, I'll especially like to see what the residential otto expert ender_ward thinks of this.

First of all do the tradition fast age up 3 villies straight to food the other 3 villies collect all food crates and 4 wood crates, explorer builds a tp then goes exploring and treasure hunting then one villie builds a house and now all villies go to food, age up once you have 800 food using 3 villies as the first shipment. age up using 400 wood. put 3 villies on gold send 2 to forward build a barracks then have them gather gold as close as possible.

On reaching col send 700 wood as first shipment then send schooners and then 700 food start making jans asap and make them attack villies and houses, you want to get his eco as much as posisble. After collecting all the wood crates build 2 docks and when schooners arrives start producing fishing boats, then send 700 gold then send rendering plant. Age up using the fast age up politian.

When reaching fort make an artilletry foundry and begin making abus and jans, send the 5 spahi card and the 2 falcs card and you should be able to finish your oponent off as you have the advantage.

EDIT: I found a better card set up:

3 villies
700 wood
schooners
700 food
700 gold
rendering plant
5 spahi or 2 falcs whatever is needed then the other one.

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 05-20-2006 @ 06:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-20-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 42  
Heh, I've done this myself.

Comments:

Third dock is unnecessary. You won't be able to feed the wood to three docks anyway to take advantage of production ability.

My personal card order when doing this:

3 villagers
Schooners
700 wood
700 food
700 gold
(go to Fortress)
Spahi
2 Falconets

Up to you from here.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 05-20-06 05:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 42  
Thanks for your input ender, althogh I think 700 wood would be better sent first as you can do three things with it, save it for when schooners arrives, start producing boats with it, build a market and trade it if you need it.
posted 05-20-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 42  
Sending Shooners second allows you to start booming earlier on a single dock, then add another one when 700 wood arrives.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 05-20-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 42  
why use the exiled prince?
posted 05-20-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 42  
faster age 3 so you can get the most powerful units out faster

edit: I also edited my card line up but its still 700 wood first ender this worked for me. I outboomed a port but only narrowly because I ran out of things to fish and there wernt many wales so I only made like 24 boats.

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 05-20-2006 @ 07:06 PM).]

posted 05-20-06 08:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 42  
Talking 'bout fishing, normally how many fishing boats do you build? I often tend to train too many.
posted 05-21-06 04:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 42  
yeah it gets annoying when you have all these idle villagers and you're trying to own someone. By that time if i haven't won. i have lots of resources anyway and i delete the boats for more military pop.

Schooners owns!

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
posted 05-21-06 10:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 42  
I use my first 2 to search the water for how many wales then I train how many wales there are x 4 so after you've fished the ocean to death you can put all your boats on wales as they are infinite and just have plenty of vills on mills and wood.

I'm hoping this gets advertised on the front page if stonewall notices it

posted 05-21-06 01:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 42  
This is what happens when I use my version of this

One really shouldn't let an Ottoman keep water. Already having all your boats on whales when the other guy is forced to build plantations is definitely nice.

posted 05-21-06 02:15 PM EDT (US)     10 / 42  
indeed it is, ender I added you on eso next time your on I'll discuss decks etc with you k
posted 05-22-06 00:47 AM EDT (US)     11 / 42  
where do the badgers fit in?

Stephen Harper's theme song is Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
posted 05-22-06 04:22 AM EDT (US)     12 / 42  
posted 05-22-06 09:08 AM EDT (US)     13 / 42  
Sounds great, anyone of you got a record game of doing it?
posted 05-22-06 09:33 AM EDT (US)     14 / 42  
by that time i could allready have rushed you...
posted 05-22-06 10:28 AM EDT (US)     15 / 42  
what by 5 minutes, anyway I'll try get a recording tonight. I always forget about that.
posted 05-22-06 11:33 AM EDT (US)     16 / 42  
@ Yoshii: But nobody rushes ottomans. Not even Russia, and they're the most avid rusher. A german FF isn't a pure rush, btw.

He also already mentionned raiding with jans, that'll make him too nervous to rush if you pull it off right.

posted 05-22-06 11:51 AM EDT (US)     17 / 42  
Sounds cool! I love this type of "feint" maneuver. I'd also love to see a recorded game.
posted 05-22-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 42  

Quote:

Yoshii: But nobody rushes ottomans. Not even Russia, and they're the most avid rusher

I rush ottos with Russians.

Cossacks+strelets easily beats abus+jans because of the spam effect.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 05-22-06 12:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 42  
posted 05-22-06 12:36 PM EDT (US)     20 / 42  
All 3 links are broken.

You fail!

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 05-22-06 12:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 42  
posted 05-22-06 12:43 PM EDT (US)     22 / 42  
That was quite lame, only in one did you actually make any boats.

In the second stat page, you actually had LESS settlers than your opponent, but your opponent, I suppose, sucked at eco management, because he had way less resources than you.

All 3 opponents weren't so great.

Maybe get some better stat pages?

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 05-22-06 12:46 PM EDT (US)     23 / 42  
wait I realise what I did I used this strat on yucatan not carolina, and I know the oponents suck I take whoever comes because its so hard to get a game

I'll just show this one as this is the good one

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=7271ce0d-425c-c248-8bc5-92c2dac81eea&md=ZS_Supremacy

posted 05-27-06 05:43 AM EDT (US)     24 / 42  

Quote:

I rush ottos with Russians.

a russian tried to rush me but then a done a FF and got spahi out so when he attacked with 23 strelets i have 4 hussar(from age up) and then shortly after 5 spahi and well spahi>skrelets and cossacks, then he started to make cav counters but then i had fort and and better eco than him and the spahi even owned his cav counters seeing as he was still in age 2.

Welcome to democracy BITCH!
60% of the time it works every time
posted 05-27-06 08:42 AM EDT (US)     25 / 42  
hehe spahi own, probably the best unit in the game really, only thing that can beat not in mass are black riders and even thats with micro.

Oh yeah i forgot most heavy inf mercs can beat em but spahi can just run away from melee ones.

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 05-27-2006 @ 08:43 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The most unusual otto rush known to badgers
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames