Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ottoman Native rush
posted 06-02-06 08:48 AM EDT (US)   
This owns everything,

This Strat is called my maya/aztec rush.
The best cards for this would be.
Native treaties.
2 or 3 villagers card
400 resource cards (gold for a ff, food or wood for a continued rush.
Colonial matiliaThis strat works beston Sonora, (which is considered a no rush map ) and Yucaton,
Yucaton Has awesome treasures like 190 wood gaurded by 3 cougars, which is extremely useful

MAYAN HOlCAN SPEARMEN
hp- 200
Cost- 75 food-25 wood
build limit- 15
attack- 15 hand 60 seige (very powerful seige, more powerful than grenadiers !)
Range- 6 seige.
ATTACK MULTIPLIER- 3 X against hand cavalry
Summary- Very powerful unit, Cheap and EXTREMELY effective especially against pikes, helbs, cavalry and buildings.

AZTEC JAGUAR
hp- 230
cost- 40 food 60 wood
11 hand-30 seige
6 range
ATTACK MULTIPLIER- 2 hand against range and heavy infantry

SUMMARY- Not as powerful as mayan holcan spearmen but still a excellent seige unit. But it is still a good anti infantry unit to protect your seige units (holcan spearmen)

AZTEC EAGLE SPEARMEN
hp- 110
cost 60 food 40 wood
build limit- 8
6 hand, 11 ranged and 10 seige
ATTACK MULTIPLIER- 2X hand ranged against heavy infantry.
SUMMARY- Very good accompanyment to the spearmen and jaguar warriors, able to cover them and pick off any other villagers, infantry or units while the holcan and jaguar spearmen take out buildings.

AGE 1/ Sonora
5 on huntables, 1 on crates, first vill out build 1 house, You will usually start off with 500 wood of crates, so put 1 vill on wood instead of huntable and get 10 wood, then put all on huntables and use your explorer to find a 90 wood treasure gaurded by 2 cougars, If you cannont find it, place many vills on wood while advancing to Get the second native post up early.

On Average you should be able to start advancing on around 2:50, this is the average time, the latest should be around 3:10 but that is very late. Your first card should be the 3 vill card, and when you start advancing you should have 8 vills on food, 5 on wood, and 2 tranding posts up.
All new vills go to food and advance with the wood politition

SECOND AGE
You should have saved up a second shipment by now, Which you must use on the Natives treaties card which ships 6 mayan holcan spearmen and 6 Jaguar warriors.
If everything is on time, you should advance at 4:20, where you immediately ship in NATIVE TREATIES and start training AZTEC EAGLE warriors and Mayan holcan spearmen, set a gather point in the middle of the map and as soon as you have the units from the Native TReaties card (roughly 5 minutes) Send them in to attack and start spamming natives and set a gather point on the opponents base.
You should have your men swarming him at 5:30 (12 men) And more men coming, at full army, around 6:10, You will have a 31 unit army with excellent seige and anti-inf/cav capabilities.
At 6:10 you should have around 16 villagers, with 10 on food, 6 on wood, As this is one of the few rushes that does not require any gold.

By 6:30 you will have one enemy less, and if it is a 2v2, you may move onto the next one, build a barrack and accompany those natives, You will be VERY suprised on how many resources you have and even though you rushed, you will have a phenomenal score.

Your third shipment should be the 4 vill card, and all shipments after that should be crates.

YUCATON NATIVE RUSH.

This is probably the best native rush...but its got a few risks.
The main risk is The natives, usually there are mayan but sometimes all there is are aztec, the only maya tribe being right next to your opponent and its impossible to build it.
But if it pays off, you would have a awesome rush. Partially because of the AWESOME treasures, and boom capabilities.

The usual starting crates would be 400 wood and 100 gold, In this situation You must choose your plan, also based on your surroundings.

AGE 1, Double native rush.

Again, There are 2 main roads To this map, to rush, And it all depends on the natives.
If you have a Aztec and Maya or 2 Mayan tribes, this should be your route.

4 on wood, 1 on food, 1 on crates, first new villager build a house and all new vills go to huntables. at the start, once you have 600 wood, Put all vills on food and keep gathering treasures, It will really help you economically.
Once you have 750 food, put vills at a 2:1 food to wood ratio, and start building both trading posts.
Like Sonora, your first shipment should be a villager shipment

At this point you should have around 14 villagers and should have roughly 10 on food, 4 on wood, and you should upgrade with the 400 wood politician.
Now this rush is late compared to the Sonora rush, but is more boom/FF adaptive, because of its fishing, treasures and resource-rich environment.

AGE 2

Now you should advance at around 5 minutes-5:30, but you will have plenty of resources, most probably enough to even build a barracks, if you choose this route than put your vills at a 3:2:1 food, wood and gold ratio, So you can accompany your natives with janissaries.

Now you should get your men from the native treaties card at 6 minutes at the latest, and no matter the circumstances, send you men in and start training Janissaries/ natives depending on which route you have taken. The good thing about this rush is that you have 3 military structures pumping out natives, and Janissaries, so I would recommend this route for more experienced players, and a simple all-native rush for beginners.

Age ! single native and barrack rush.
With this strat, put only 2 vills on wood, the rest on food and all new vills to food, and Ship in 3 vills in the first age.
You should advance before 5 minutes, and have your men from the natives treaties card at 5:40 at the latest, Because you will only have 6, attack them, but do not go for the town centre till many reinforcements arrive.
With this strat, you should have a 3:2:1 food, gold and wood ration, because you will mainly be making natives and Janissaries, So other than that and the starting resources, you should have the same strat in the double native rush.
This strat is a bit easier as it doesn’t require much more resources, So i would easily recommend this to beginners and the double native rush with Janissaries for the more experienced Otto players (level 25 up).

ok guys, after a few games i have come up with the MOST affective yet simple and easy rush strategy ever on Saguenay, i was suprised myself on how easy it was.
This works best on Saguenay or any map with nootka tribe.
you start off the game regular, build only 1 house, and put lal vilsl on food, and build 1 trading post at he nottka tribe BEFORE you advance.
Your first card should be the 3 vill card, and your second card should be the 4 vill card for the second age,
while your advanceing put all vills on food except 3 on wood
THE SECOND you advance start training nootka clubmen, once you have 15, go kill your opponent, now if you do all of this right, you should have him down at 5:45-6:10 minutes.
Fast, eh, but very very effective, as they have 30 seige.

Best way to go about it is to accompany it with grenadiers or abus guns, or nmaybe janns, but 5 abus guns or grenadiers is a huge help if he has a defence, but nootkas maul through pikeman, and anything they can catch and engage in melee.
Use the native treaties card for a awesome affect, its even better you grab a cree tribe, which has some nice light infantry, capable of destroying any infantry defences.

Replies:
posted 06-02-06 09:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
do you need such a long story for such an easy thing?
i use this rush alot and it's very powerful. i won from major general from it once

this is the way i do it.

build TP @ tradepost + 1 house.
all villies on food until 8 on food.
rest on wood, send 3 villie card.
now age (with 400w), you should have 8 on food, 4 on wood.
build TP at native camp + 1 house (or market)
use 700 wood card (or if natives are cheap on wood, use 700 food).
build another TP, use native treaties.
you could have attacked allready, or wait until you have big mass of natives. it's up to you, but very effective

posted 06-02-06 10:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
HEY!! That was from AgeCommunity Forums. You should at least include a link to the original thread. What you're doing now is nothing other than copying.
posted 06-02-06 11:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
eveyrone wants to play sonora now-a-days. its pissing me off. go away dumb natives. everyone resigns if you get texas, or great lakes, or anything like that. wtf... nooobs

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
posted 06-02-06 11:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
lol yeah your right, it is in the agecommunity forums but your missing one important fact...Leni2 made that...I AM LENI2 LOL
posted 06-03-06 02:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
Hey Leni, last year called. They want their strat back.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 06-03-06 02:43 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
ok...
not sure wat that exactly means but ok...

Peace out
My strats:
Russian Fast, Agressive Strelet FF - FASAF - http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30817,0,10
Ottoman super rush-http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forumsdisplay.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30144,0,10
Super fast Port FF-http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30145,0,10
posted 06-03-06 05:30 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
He is saying the strat is old... Cover mode got nerfed and so did native treaties. Nothing too special any more... Aztecs are still pretty nice though, but compared to what it was like before this strat is weak.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 06-03-06 05:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Yeh, it's not even nearly as good as before Leni.
You should've posted this when you first started to use it, not after cover mode nerf :P
posted 06-05-06 03:50 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
I always found this strat useful, even without cover mode, the shear speed and power of the natives is what kills most people, also with some aztecs, it is quite easy to own any other infantry, and all aztec units have bonus X infantry

This is still a awesome strategy, I use it and it is quite easy to own anybody, and it is very difficult to stop, but you should avoid this vs brits (lbows) or russains (strelets) but i found it to work exceptionally well against Germans, because of their high unit cost, if they try and train any dopps to hold off, it will ruin their eco and the maya and aztec will run right through them
Aztec also run through the infamous 9 xbow and 2 uhlan card.

Peace out
My strats:
Russian Fast, Agressive Strelet FF - FASAF - http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30817,0,10
Ottoman super rush-http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forumsdisplay.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30144,0,10
Super fast Port FF-http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30145,0,10
posted 06-05-06 10:41 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
this strat was known over half year ago.
posted 06-05-06 11:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
I'm not sure why people don't like native treaties anymore. Sure it was way too strong previously (on some maps) but you still receive 1200 resources of units in early colonial. No other age 2 military card is that strong.

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
posted 06-06-06 10:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
My main worry about this strat is that it doesn't make use of the ottoman strengths. It ignores economy (because it's a rush, fair enough...) and doesn't incorporate janissaries in a big way. I sort of got the impression that by relying on natives as the backbone of your rush army you would be excluding ottoman soldiers, which are supposed to be much more powerful than the Indians from any tribe (holcans notwithstanding...they are always a must).

What I would like to see is a tweaked version of the native rush to include actual ottoman soldiers more substantially. If speed is what you're going for, why not just use the standard Ottoman rush of 10 jans at 6:00? If it's power that's the goal, what time should you look at for your eventual attack?

posted 06-06-06 10:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
Native Treaties is 1200 resources minus the 300 (w/ATP) or 500 you spent on Trade Posts that you might never train units from.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Ottoman Native rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames