You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ottoman rush strat. let me know what you think
posted 06-07-06 04:01 PM EDT (US)   
Ok what does people think of this as a possible alt to the VA strategy?

5 setters on hunting 1 on wood till crates are gone then on hunt. Explore with explorer get simple treasures and find enemy town. It is very important to get a few treasures they can make a huge difference a 3 guardian treasure 130 or 140 food makes you age so fast there head will spin. Let aloe a few small gold treasures helps you build jans, I am always low on gold.

From the town center on hunt. I wait to build the house until I am at 9 pop for maximum speed at getting 800 food (I know it is only like 10-15 sec saving but I will take it) I start to age before. Age for wood. I build the house then set new setters to gold and about 3 of the existing food gathers. After the house is build move the settlers towards there base build a house just past the edge of how close you can build to there base after build gather wood.

By this time I have scouted setters away from the center. Gather wood with gold setters then back to gold, as soon as I get 250 wood build barracks a house then back to wood gathering. Also I have saved my shipments to this point. I send 5 jans, and by the time they are out you have a 2nd shipment I send 2 hussars. Once the barracks are built jans I get 5 out of the barrack about the time the 5 from the shipment make it across the map. 10 jans and explorer. With 3 hussars on the way across the map. I harass settlers and concentrate on any building barracks. If he has less resources you win. Keep build jans and add them to the fray. 15 jans 3 hussars and an explorer are hard to deal with from there I send resources shipments to keep my army growing. Building houses when I have the wood for it. And add most new settlers to food since you go through it so fast building the jans. I concentrate on setters and kill houses and other building (not the market some ppl build) so they can have no population to do anything. And when I get a big force 20-25 jans go after the town hall.

Oh and for fun if you opponent has sent a shipment of resources send you jans in and kill those setters so they don’t have the resources and then send you near by setter in to gather people Really REALLY hate that there shipment being gather by you in there own base.

FOOTNOTE: a good micro with this strategy helps immensely, I will use 4 or 5 control groups just on my setters. 1 on explorer, 1 on jans (sometimes 2 or 3 depending on the number of unitsn5-10 in a unit), 1 on hussars

I have won 9 of 10 games by doing this; don’t know if it was luck of bad opponents or what. Please give me feedback and ways to improve on this. I have not needed any other units than this to this point. I win by 12-15 min almost always

Of course I am open to improvements.

Of course I am open to improvements. Please do let me know I really want to get better.

Oh yea this can be done from city level 1 you start with all the necessary cards.

Ok what does people think of this as a possible alt to this strategy?

5 setters on hunting 1 on wood till crates are gone then on hunt. Explore with explorer get simple treasures and find enemy town. It is very important to get a few treasures they can make a huge difference a 3 guardian treasure 130 or 140 food makes you age so fast there head will spin. Let aloe a few small gold treasures helps you build jans, I am always low on gold.

From the town center on hunt. I wait to build the house until I am at 9 pop for maximum speed at getting 800 food (I know it is only like 10-15 sec saving but I will take it) I start to age before. Age for wood. I build the house then set new setters to gold and about 3 of the existing food gathers. After the house is build move the settlers towards there base build a house just past the edge of how close you can build to there base after build gather wood.

By this time I have scouted setters away from the center. Gather wood with gold setters then back to gold, as soon as I get 250 wood build barracks a house then back to wood gathering. Also I have saved my shipments to this point. I send 5 jans, and by the time they are out you have a 2nd shipment I send 2 hussars. Once the barracks are built jans I get 5 out of the barrack about the time the 5 from the shipment make it across the map. 10 jans and explorer. With 3 hussars on the way across the map. I harass settlers and concentrate on any building barracks. If he has less resources you win. Keep build jans and add them to the fray. 15 jans 3 hussars and an explorer are hard to deal with from there I send resources shipments to keep my army growing. Building houses when I have the wood for it. And add most new settlers to food since you go through it so fast building the jans. I concentrate on setters and kill houses and other building (not the market some ppl build) so they can have no population to do anything. And when I get a big force 20-25 jans go after the town hall.

Oh and for fun if you opponent has sent a shipment of resources send you jans in and kill those setters so they don’t have the resources and then send you near by setter in to gather people Really REALLY hate that there shipment being gather by you in there own base.

FOOTNOTE: a good micro with this strategy helps immensely, I will use 4 or 5 control groups just on my setters. 1 on explorer, 1 on jans (sometimes 2 or 3 depending on the number of unitsn5-10 in a unit), 1 on hussars

I have won 9 of 10 games by doing this; don’t know if it was luck of bad opponents or what. Please give me feedback and ways to improve on this. I have not needed any other units than this to this point. I win by 12-15 min almost always

Of course I am open to improvements.

Of course I am open to improvements. Please do let me know I really want to get better.

Oh yea this can be done from city level 1 you start with all the necessary cards.

I am also up in the air about which to choose on the age up I also like the tower and gold, if i choose gold. I just run like 5 setters to wood real quick till I reach 350 after I start the age to II that is.(250 for the barracks 100 for a house) then move 4 of them back to food, this helps if I have not found any gold treasures on the map. I then have 2 on wood total the including the one I send forward to build, I then use the tower to help guard my barracks and house. I also build a house midway across the map sometime if I think they are going to rush so it is easier to see them coming I know I can lose it pretty easy without protection for it.

Replies:
posted 06-07-06 07:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
Thats basically the classic otto rush. And yes it works pretty good. I wouldn't send the hussar card. Instead i would send the 600 wood card so you can make a artillery foundry and more houses. This way you do not have to put so many villagers on wood and your rush will be faster. Also if your opponent makes light infantry Abus Guns will own them and if you have your opponent's millitary beat grenadiers will do nicely to get rid of some buildigns. I would also build a TP a.s.a.p. to speed up your shipments and therefore your rush.

ES0 NAME: Publius

Theres a fine line between insanity and craziness

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Ottoman rush strat. let me know what you think
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames