Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The CORES Rush
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 06-18-06 12:59 PM EDT (US)   
The Cunning Ottoman Rush Evily Surprising Rush

This is essientaly Taunt:18 2.0

Unlike Taunt:18 this one has a cooler name. Also this rush is much more aggressive and quick.

What CORES has to offer:

• Super fast attack
  • Flexibility
  • Cutting off the opponents supplies
  • Beats a FF
  • Aggressive
  • Intial rush at 5:30

How CORES was discovered:
    It was really funny how I discovered it. When I did Taunt:18 strategy I accidently sent my 5 Jannisaries to his base instead my foward base. He garrisoned all his villagers. I didn't want to pull out because the foundation of the barracks was being made, so I reinforced my "accident" and won around 7 minutes.

Cards needed:
    300 wood
    600&700 food
    600&700 coin
    5 Jannisaries
    3 Hussars
    4 villager card

Discovery Age:

Gather all resoures no need to split the villagers. All villagers to food.

Build a TP ASAP! Either you started with 400 wood then build 1 house for now. If you had more build 2 houses. *Special*Carolina and if you had started with 600-800 wood build 2 TPs and this rush will be even better. Right now you should ATLEAST have a TP and a house.

No time for Mosque right now. Send a foward villager near a mine very! Close to him. Age up with 400 wood politician.

First Shipment: 300 wood

Villager arrangement:6 on food and 3 coin, but for every 2 you add onto food ad 1 on coin.

Age Up Time:2:00-3:06

Colonial Age:
    [JPEG, (235.58 KB)]

A villager during the age up should've gotten the 300 wood. Build a house if you only have 1, if you have 2 then you won't need it for now.

Send 5 Jannisaries with your shipment at hand.

Your foward villager should build a barracks. Gather the 400 wood and build an artillery foundry. Build houses with the rest of the wood you have.

When the 5 Jannisaries arrive send them straight to the enemy's TC!

Build 5 Jannisaries and more while sending them to the base.

If he sends out minute men then just go out and surround his base again.

If he has a barracks up take it out first.

As your second shipment send 700 food. Build a couple more Jannisaries and push on. Never stop.

You should have atleast 20 Jannisaries at his base right now. It should be around maybe 6:45 or 7:00.

With your 3rd shipment at hand send 700 coin. The 700 food should've been gathered and keep reinforcing that intial batch of Jannisaries.

The next shipment no matter what is 5 villagers. Put them on wood and maybe some one food or coin depending on what unit you want to use. (Abus or Jannisaries)

If your opponent sends a unit shipment like 8 crossbows or something, gather the 700 coin and rig up 10 abus guns! Charge him until his TC is down.

If CORES failed:

No worries. You have half of the map, you've wasted lots of his gathering time and you've still got 2 600 resource shipments at hand.

Send 600 food as your first one. Then build more Jannisaries.

Switch the villager ratio to 10 on coin, 6 on wood, and rest on food.

Though it'll be hard try to scare off the enemy by hit and running his base with Jannies. Keep him htting the bell button. This will stall you time until your next shipment comes in.

The next shipment will be 600 coin.

While hitting and running him build some abus guns with the little coin you have.

The 600 coin should come in now. Build some abus guns and re rush his base.

It is GG for boy there and say Taunt: 18 and You've just got CORED!

Cunning Ottoman Rush Evily Devesating

Overview and Tips:

• The rush was made to be fast. Since you have an army so fast and the opponent just has his barracks up with no units , he is bound to garrison his villagers. With about 4 minutes of his gathering time wasted he won't be getting any units from his barracks.
  • Tip: Search around the area for villagers hunting and make sure they garrison into the TC.
  • Don't always send units in front the TC. Send some Jannisaries or Abus guns from the right or left flank.

Disclaimer: Some of this guide is Taunt:18. but I made it so it is not plagurizing.

Lamer: FF.
    Me: Why?
    Lamer: Cause you'll be in 1 age ahead of the other guys and have a better eco, plus you can turtle and since its on your TC + couple of towers you can't go wrong.
    Me: Uh, we're on the G Plains, how the heck am I gonna turtle?

[This message has been edited by Genkai0 (edited 06-18-2006 @ 02:32 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 06-18-06 02:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 72  
    1. otto dont get a 5 vill card

2. we have all seen how to do this amazing janissary rush a million times

3. just because you name the rush 'CORES' doesnt magically turn it into a great strat.

4. that is one sucky name for a strat

5. u used the word rush twice in the name

6. its not cunning at all, im sure even the guy ranked last on cuetech could pull it off.

edit- 7. its not surprising because you have a deck full of age 2 rush cards.

8. this otto rush is lamer than ww spamming imo.

[This message has been edited by dArK_RidEr_UK (edited 06-18-2006 @ 02:32 PM).]

posted 06-18-06 02:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 72  
    1.: sending 300W in age1 is dumb better send vills.

2.: besides that its a standard otto rush and actually theres no need for a foundry if u dont really want to make abus guns.

3.: u r the guy who suggested a pure musk rush as ports so I dont care bout ur strat any longer.

posted 06-18-06 02:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 72  
    I would reccomend changing the name of the strategy lol You have hte word rush in there twice..

How about the Evily Surprising and Cunning Ottoman Rush

ESCOR

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
    And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
    posted 06-18-06 02:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 72  

Quote:

3. just because you name the rush 'CORES' doesnt magically turn it into a great strat.

6. its not cunning at all, im sure even the guy ranked last on cuetech could pull it off.

If you read it you would know how is differs from other standard rushes. Half of the people who see my name hate me cause of my idiotic Port guide.

Its 5 Jannisaries not 5 villagers.

Yeah but those guys wait until they have like 25 jannisaries

CORES is cool and I don't care if I use the word rush twice. The point is the name don't matter.

This is what makes this rush cunning. ANYONE can do it. Its simple easy. Why make is so freaking difficult and half of the time they do it, they mess up 1 small thing and the whole things its messed up.

Its not lame. Its how to play a fast game.

Quote:

2.: besides that its a standard otto rush and actually theres no need for a foundry if u dont really want to make abus guns.

3.: u r the guy who suggested a pure musk rush as ports so I dont care bout ur strat any longer.

OMG!Abuses are susposed to be included. Click the link Taunt: 18

Im a better person now and like Shizzle said i laugh at that strategy because Ports have overwhelming fast ff.

Sending 300 wood isn't dumb. Villagers don't mean much to Ottoman because they get them for free. Half of the time I get 25 villagers to fast. If i send 3 villagers instead of 300 wood I would only have 30 pop cap. I get a mosque at the around the 21st villager and so if i were to get 25 villagers quicker I would be losing about 5 villagers from not building a mosque and I would also miss having around 16 villagers because i only have 30 pop cap.

Quote:

I would reccomend changing the name of the strategy lol You have hte word rush in there twice..

How about the Evily Surprising and Cunning Ottoman Rush

ESCOR

Sounds ok... Im sticking with CORES.

Lamer: Cause you'll be in 1 age ahead of the other guys and have a better eco, plus you can turtle and since its on your TC + couple of towers you can't go wrong.

[This message has been edited by Genkai0 (edited 06-18-2006 @ 02:43 PM).]

posted 06-18-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 72  
    this strat sucks.

how bout i name my rush. CRESB(CORES Really Effin Sucks Balls)

you send send 300 wood first. put a forward villager near hsi base. when youg et to age 2 make 2 artillery foudnries, and put everyoen on gold excpet 4 vills. spam abus guns and when youg et the first batch, sned them in.

if he sends x bows or musks, own them.

if he sends cossacks or hussars, resign.

on a mroe serious note.

use the 3 vills card, it will help a lot in the long run. CM will also completely destroy this strat. it means 10 vills ina TC 2 shtos jannissarys.

your first card in age 2 should be 700 wood, for an art. foudnry plus houses, than 700 gold for abuses. use age up wood for a barracks, sned them in when youg et 10 jans + five abus. mvoe your vills around according to what hes making, (infantry more gold for abuses) (for sieging, or some some odd reason he made cav in age2, mroe food for jans)

im to lazy to write up a whole BO for you, but try that. its an otto rush no brainer.

posted 06-18-06 03:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 72  
    Guys whats with hating on his strats name.... its his strat... he can name it whatever he wants...
    posted 06-18-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 72  
    1. Sending 300 wood is a giant waste of a shipment for Ottomans. Send 3 villagers ALWAYS. It's the difference between aging up with 10 villagers or 13. That's a 30% difference in economy.

2. January 2006 called. It wants it's strat back.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
    posted 06-18-06 04:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 72  
    ^^ What he said. Thisis nothing new (standard jan rush...)

I am Rumour Kontrol.
    posted 06-18-06 04:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 72  
    its obviously not an awesome strat... but like he said anyone could pull it off

amd what's wrong with the name?

posted 06-18-06 06:24 PM EDT (US)     10 / 72  

Quote:

That is the truest thing that Darkrider has said on these whole forums.

ESO : Pcfreak8
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
    A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
    Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
    posted 06-18-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 72  

Quote:

this strat sucks.

how bout i name my rush. CRESB(CORES Really Effin Sucks Balls)

you send send 300 wood first. put a forward villager near hsi base. when youg et to age 2 make 2 artillery foudnries, and put everyoen on gold excpet 4 vills. spam abus guns and when youg et the first batch, sned them in.

if he sends x bows or musks, own them.

if he sends cossacks or hussars, resign.

on a mroe serious note.

use the 3 vills card, it will help a lot in the long run. CM will also completely destroy this strat. it means 10 vills ina TC 2 shtos jannissarys.

your first card in age 2 should be 700 wood, for an art. foudnry plus houses, than 700 gold for abuses. use age up wood for a barracks, sned them in when youg et 10 jans + five abus. mvoe your vills around according to what hes making, (infantry more gold for abuses) (for sieging, or some some odd reason he made cav in age2, mroe food for jans)

im to lazy to write up a whole BO for you, but try that. its an otto rush no brainer.

Thats strategy sucks even more than this one. Unless you have a TP or playing defensively, or just want a stronger TC then CM wouls be a wasted shipment. Rather use 700 coin and food or something.

You'll have a great self-cufficent economy anyways. You get villagers free so 3 settlers won't make a huge difference. Thats what the 4 villager card for.... its to help you rebound from focusing on the rush.

Why is everyone hating the name. Its cool. Don't use suck and other profanities. My mom says If I say I want to be in the military I better not curse.

Quote:

1. Sending 300 wood is a giant waste of a shipment for Ottomans. Send 3 villagers ALWAYS. It's the difference between aging up with 10 villagers or 13. That's a 30% difference in economy.

Not a must. In my opinion for the way I play sending 3 villagers is not smart. I'd have so little pop cap space.

THIS IS NOT A STANDARD JANNISARY RUSH

It includes Abus Guns and its alot quicker and more aggressive.

I don't get this: This rush is a faster, more aggressive verison rush of a standard one. Picture this scenario. If you had no army or the army was coming like you just got your barracks up and you have a 700 food coming. if you saw Jannisaries attacking you what would you do?
    Put your villagers in the TC. If you tried to make your villagers go somewhere esle (Tip #1) they Jannisaries would get you. Shortly after (like 15 seconds) you see more reinforcements of Jannisaries. You call out MM and the Jannisaries go and come back in. With even more numbers. With your army stalled with this fast rush and your resources gathered during colonial wasted on minutemen you don't have much to do.

posted 06-18-06 06:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 72  
    I can rush with 10 jans at 5:15 with a 13 villager eco

Also your screenshot is on Carolina which is a little different to other maps.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
    Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe

[This message has been edited by somme (edited 06-18-2006 @ 06:41 PM).]

posted 06-18-06 06:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 72  
    How does this strat differ from a standard Otto Rush?\

Quote:

How CORES was discovered:
    It was really funny how I discovered it. When I did Taunt:18 strategy I accidently sent my 5 Jannisaries to his base instead my foward base. He garrisoned all his villagers. I didn't want to pull out because the foundation of the barracks was being made, so I reinforced my "accident" and won around 7 minutes.

.. Discovered? This rush was 'discovered' a few weeks after the game was released

[EEX] Nullpointer
    Canadian Gamer
    posted 06-18-06 06:51 PM EDT (US)     14 / 72  

Quote:

Maybe, but that's what most Ottman rushers do all the time ... with little differences like sending 3 vils instead of 300w. Come on, Ottman rush is one of the oldest strats in this game, and your version of it is far from being creative, sorry to say.

posted 06-18-06 06:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 72  

Quote:

It includes Abus Guns and its alot quicker and more aggressive.

Everyone includes abus guns.

More aggressive? Many ottoman players won't come out of the opponent's town if they send minutemen. Less aggressive.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
    posted 06-18-06 07:41 PM EDT (US)     16 / 72  

Quote:

Everyone includes abus guns.

More aggressive? Many ottoman players won't come out of the opponent's town if they send minutemen. Less aggressive.

Its not aggessive yes i know. But its SMART! Hehehe. Kinda of a no brainer.

Quote:

I can rush with 10 jans at 5:15 with a 13 villager eco

Yeah well thats all your going to get cause you don't have enough pop cap.

5:15 is faster than a STANDARD 7 minute rush.

posted 06-18-06 07:43 PM EDT (US)     17 / 72  
    Within the past 15 days ive read this strat, the same one, from Powerhouse Leni, and from AOEMichael. http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30175,60,30for one example. I mean i'm sure there are differences, but they are quite minor. I'm sure there are other examples of otto janny only rushes before this, if you read hecter's comment at the bottom of the link he says the exact same thing that i say.

Edit: I will say that your strat seems to be well written and better backed up than some of the others, but nonetheless "otto rush" strats abound.

[This message has been edited by Cptbuck (edited 06-18-2006 @ 07:45 PM).]

posted 06-18-06 09:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 72  
    quote from Genkai: the settlers are free so 3 isnt goign to be a big difference, thats why you send 4 in this strat.

um, the point is that you will have 3 settlers out abotu 5 mintues before the 4 settlers, which makes up a lot of VS. also, you contradicted yoruself, villagers are free so theres no big deal, thats why i sned 4. also free villagers means REALLY slow spawn time.

by the way, in the little strat i gave, a TP was jsut commen sense, i shouldnt have to say "build a TP", its an otto strat

posted 06-19-06 01:12 AM EDT (US)     19 / 72  
    Well, you substituted 300w for 3 villies. Thats about the only innovation I've seen here. Although I'm not really sure why you did it, I mean, you get the TP immediatly, and usually theres a shipment waiting for you about 1/4-1/2 way through your age up to colonial. if you had to send 300w, why not send it then? You can collect the total of 700W then, make a house, foundry, and rax.

Pros of that: you can do your strat
    Cons of that: you could wait 30 seconds and send 5 jans, 4 vils, 700w, 700f, 700g, or 3 hussars.

PS, if your opponent knows that you are going to rush (as in, hey, why is his explorer trying to burn down my forward rax) you send in the first 10 jans you have to keep him buttoned up. Run them around, make him call out MM or catch fleeing vils. Risk 1-2 of your jannies dying for villagers running amok and/or killing his initial 5 xbows is a good trade. It's also standard otto practice.

PS, you can't count on your opponent hitting the bell all the time. Vil micro (opposed to garrison all) would be able to defeat this.

Sorry, but in summary, standard ottoman rush done in pieces, with 3 less villies.

[This message has been edited by Aoe3Wolverine (edited 06-19-2006 @ 01:26 AM).]

posted 06-19-06 01:50 AM EDT (US)     20 / 72  

Quote:

*cough* 700 wood *cough*

posted 06-19-06 03:46 AM EDT (US)     21 / 72  
    1) we've seen this endless times. change the name to: generic ottoman rush BO

2)the acronym is terrible

3) don't make a new thread. edit the other one if it's so similar.

4) the only thing that makes this differ from any other otto BO is the 300 wood instead of the 3 vills. which i don't understand.

edit: the only thing Cunning and Evilly Surprising is this whole thread was Ender_Ward's wit:

Quote:

January 2006 called. It wants its strat back.

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 06-19-2006 @ 03:52 AM).]

posted 06-19-06 07:29 AM EDT (US)     22 / 72  
    Forgot to mention:

Quote:

The Cunning Ottoman Rush Evily Surprising Rush

How can a Otto rush be either Cunning or Surprising?

[EEX] Nullpointer
    Canadian Gamer
    posted 06-19-06 07:54 AM EDT (US)     23 / 72  

Quote:

How can a Otto rush be either Cunning or Surprising?

Quote:

*cough* 700 wood *cough*

Wasted shipment*cough* messed up rush*cough*

posted 06-19-06 10:19 AM EDT (US)     24 / 72  
    Alright guys, we all know that saying "This rush is generic, you suckz0rz." the thousandth time is hilarious, right? NO.

Honestly it's already been said 3-4 times, so why do you feel that you need to post it once again?

Your e-penis isn't getting any bigger...

[This message has been edited by Fishygame (edited 06-19-2006 @ 10:23 AM).]

posted 06-19-06 11:18 AM EDT (US)     25 / 72  

Quoted from Genkai0:

Quoted from somme:

*cough* 700 wood *cough*

Quoted from Genkai0:

Wasted shipment*cough* messed up rush*cough*

You know, Genkai0, you really need to actually learn the bleeding game, and the Ottoman civ, before you make idiotic statements like these.

Don't have enough pop cap? Um, here's a wild idea ... build houses!

*rolls eyes*

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The CORES Rush
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames