Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dutch Fluyt Rush
posted 07-06-06 07:47 AM EDT (US)   
EDIT:

This rush involves attacking with 8 pikes and 10 grens at 7:00. You also have 1 bank, 24 or 25 vills, and a TP. Here is the build order.

AGE I

Do a 17 vill colonial with vills 13 - 17 going to wood. After you queue your 17th vill, collect 100 more coin, then send 2 vills from coin to wood, and 2 to food. Age with 400 wood, of course.

Get a bank up and queue a vill while aging.

After the bank is up, leave 3 vills on wood and put the rest from wood back to coin. Keep making vills, but try to keep only 1 queued at a time.

AGE II

Ship a fluyt from the home city and use your age up wood for houses and a TP. Set the town center rally point to wood for more houses and maybe another bank or TP.

Send the fluyt near thier base and make the units of your choice. I've been doing grenadiers, sometimes a few skirms or hussars.

The next shipment is 8 pikes. They should get to the fluyt by the time the other troops are done training.

Attack as you see fit. I like to get all the military units first, then houses, then towers, then rax/stable, and finally the TC. 8 pikes and 10 grens drop buildings VERY quickly. If the vills try and run off before the TC is down, start making hussars and chase them!

Ship 4 vills next. From here you can either continue to make units and attack, or get ready to go to fortress.

End of build order.

I recommend scouting thier base before you start making your army so you know what to make. Against britan, I'd recommend using 8 hussars and 5 grens while ignoring houses all together, etc. Just use common sense. Fluyts are like a barracks, stable, and artillery foundry all in one in age II, so just counter whatever they have.

The good thing about this rush is even if you don't get the TC down, you still have a great economy and plenty of flexibility. Yeah, it is a bit slow, but unless they go all out anti-rush, you will screw up their plans.

[This message has been edited by Moxxa (edited 07-07-2006 @ 01:56 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-06-06 07:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
like the idea of being able to ship a boat to make your units from!! they cant get at it very well either!
posted 07-06-06 08:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
I can remember someone making the same strat, only for all civs(galleons are the same as fluyts), when ottoman where THE OP civ just before french became it.

about your strat:
-Make grens for attacking houses, he'll wont be able to make more units when you rampage on his houses.
-only make pikes when ya think he's gonna make hussars which is a very expenciv thing
-If you're good at microing use your skirms to hit and run vilies (tip: go to the TC and then shoot vilies, they'll have to go past your skirms first)
- keep a total of 8 grens, they'll do ALLOT of damage

now ya have 2 options (when this worked):
- focus on eco and only make def units and let him recover
- keep attacking and make pikes as extra siege and some skirms (but keep the gren tot at 8)

This I use on water maps the thing of the strat is: He found your galleon/fluyt, just move it and ya dont have to spill wood on dock + boat.

BTW: why dont people make grens in a land rush and is a water rush able to do it: for a rush on land with grens ya have to make barrack + art foundry and on water just ship a fluyt/galleon.

A fan and player of the AoE series since the launch of the original AoE

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. (Henny Youngman)
You tried and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try(Homer J. Simpson)
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. (Benjamin Franklin)

[This message has been edited by duidelijk (edited 07-06-2006 @ 08:39 AM).]

posted 07-06-06 09:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
This rush does work for all civs, but I think dutch have the best version. They can have the best econ while performing it (30 vills at 7 mins), age 2 skirms, the envoy can scout, and most dutch players dont rush.

After some more testing, youre right about the pikes. Only make them VS germany or to counter cav. Now its more like 5 skirms, 8 pikes and 5 grens. 10 grens and 8 pikes work too, but you might get housed and you cant fortress as quickly afterword.

The only real downside to this strat is... um... the vill micro can be difficult? Anyone?

posted 07-06-06 09:29 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
nice strat but unfortunaly I have to say that it doesnt really work on a higher skill level i tried it .

Vs Germany it doesnt work at all imo.

They have to do nothing but sending 700 gold, then 5 uhlans and make their MM+ tc fire at the pikes.

When the hussars arrive they slaughter your skirms/grens while the MM help them.

Once germany reaches fortress they send 9 uhlans ASAP and kill the rest of your force with aging skirms.

Then you are more or less dead, they will simply spam OP wws and lame you to death.

When I was still using germany I beat an ottoman player who was nearly 100 cuetech points above me who used this strat.

[This message has been edited by Killa4life (edited 07-06-2006 @ 04:18 PM).]

posted 07-06-06 12:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
It's 5 uhlans, not 5 hussars :P
posted 07-06-06 03:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
it is also too slow. You're gonna need a 3:30 colonial time if you want to rush properly with dutch.
posted 07-06-06 04:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
^^ my mistake with the hussars.

thx for the correction.

posted 07-06-06 07:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
This will work at any skill level. You're right though that this alone won't win the game. The idea is to do as much damage as possible whether that be taking down houses, vills, military, whatever. It wont get the TC of anyone except for the lowest rated players. Try and think of it like an equalizer to get the dutch on par with the rest of the FFing civs.

Getting a house or 2 means no mercs for a while, killing and garrsioning vills puts your eco ahead, etc. Do you know how fast 10 grens and 8 pikes take down buildings? Do you know how fast a force like this will destroy any army they MIGHT have at this point?

ANY strat can be picked apart and countered like you have done with this one, other than the German WW/Merc FF which everyone calls OP. Thanks for your input though, even if you are just stating the obvious.

posted 07-06-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  

Quote:

The only real downside to this strat is... um... the vill micro can be difficult?

How about, you won't be able to really do much with that army before it is destroyed by age III shipments? You attack at 7 min with an army that can easily be pulled together by 6 min with a more focused BO.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
posted 07-06-06 10:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
@ Jaafit

Yes you can build the army faster but only at the expense of your economy. You have an execellent economy with this BO and a very nice raid. By the time your army is dead, you will have at least one possibly two shipments and be ready to fortress.

If you can get this same economy and attack at six minutes I'd love to know how. I really dont see how its possible.

@ all readers

The point is the attack doesnt slow you down or hurt you at all when it gets stopped, which it will. But it will hurt your opponent enough to put you at the advantage for the time being.

[This message has been edited by Moxxa (edited 07-06-2006 @ 10:20 PM).]

posted 07-06-06 11:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
tell us how many vils and banks do you have at 7:00.

better yet, show how its done with a recording

posted 07-07-06 01:34 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Like it says in the initial post, 1 bank, 1 TP, and 25 vills at 7:00. I'll get a recorded game up by tomorrow night.
posted 07-08-06 02:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
Now this is something interesting I can try with my dutch.

Eating is my business, and business is good.

[This message has been edited by LS619 (edited 07-08-2006 @ 02:08 PM).]

posted 07-08-06 08:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
i've done it before on Sauguenay a whiles back.

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
posted 07-08-06 08:54 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
Sorry, I've been too busy partying to get a rec up, but I will, don't worry. My rating is sooooo low from playing drunk...heh, good times.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Dutch Fluyt Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames