You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to kill a 2k German in under 10 minutes(couldn't think of a dumb abbreviation for this strat)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-16-06 11:34 AM EDT (US)   
**Now with recording**

A lot of Germans opt for a very late fortress 8:XX if they do not suspect a rush and they send 3 settler wagons. This strat plays to this and uses it to great advantage.

I have been working on what works best for a while now and have come up with this..

Necessary Cards

• 3 vils
  • 8 pikes
  • 2 falconets
  • 5 lancers

Recommended Cards

• 9 rodeleros
  • 8 rodeleros
  • 4 lancers
  • 12 pikes

The Strat

1. 16 vil colonial, make sure you have 100 coin as well.
    2. Age up with outpost and 200 coin
    3. Forward build the outpost as close as you can get and try to secure some resources.
    4. Keep all vils on food unless you don't have 100 coin in which case mine 100.
    5. Build 2 vils in colonial
    6. Send 700 coin
    7. Start aging with 8 pike politician
    8. Send 8 pikes to your forward tower.
    9. Send them in and take down a house or two.
    If he sends out his minutmen all the better. Pull back and wait for them to have 1 health then kill them with explorer + dogs
    10. During age up most vils on wood with a few on food.
    You have now aged at approximately 7 minutes and have 16 pikes and a shipment.
    11. Send 2 falconets first and build a couple of dogs. In the meantime take down houses and a barracks/stable if he has one up.

Next shipment is 5 lancers just ready to cut down his age up skirms as they arrive. If all has gone well you should now have 2 falconets, 5 lancers, 5 dogs and 15-20 pikes (you will have lost some but they are being replaced from the barracks) ready to take down his tc or kill any shipments that arrive if he can get some houses up.

Next shipment is up to you but I find 9 rods very useful as they cut apart warwagons and uhlans while doing decently against skirms.

Remember to keep constant vil production.

Here is the stats against a 2080 player.(at time of game)

And another vs a 1900+ player

Recording here

ESO : Pcfreak8
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
    A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
    Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe

[This message has been edited by somme (edited 07-19-2006 @ 07:08 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 07-16-06 11:38 AM EDT (US)     1 / 53  
    16 pop colonial(dog and explorer) or 16 vill?
    posted 07-16-06 11:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 53  
    It says 16 vil colonial

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
    Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
    posted 07-16-06 12:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 53  
    well yeah, but theres two reasons behind the question.

i liked the post and i wanted to comment, and usually spain does a 16 pop colonial.

just appreciate the comment!

posted 07-16-06 12:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 53  
    Hehe, thanks for the comment. Dogs and explorers don't take pop btw.

posted 07-16-06 12:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 53  
    Damnit! This is what I've been doing against Germans with Spain almost to the letter.

The only difference is that after Fortressing, I keep most villagers on gold instead of wood. Only enough on wood for housing (4-6) and another 5-6 vills on food for constant villager production. I do this so I can get Highlanders or Swiss Pikes out ASAP.

It's a good strat.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
    posted 07-16-06 01:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 53  
    Wow, that German resigned early.

Surprised he didn't expect an early attack, I've been attacked around 7:50 by a lot of Spanish players.

Good strat, though.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
    posted 07-16-06 01:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 53  
    haha im dumb.
    posted 07-16-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 53  
    Well he had 20 pikes, 2 falconets and 5 lancers against his nothing. I had my lancers chasing his vils and my pikes burning down his tc and another 4 lancers on the way.

posted 07-16-06 02:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 53  
    something that might help: MM deplete in 50 seconds
    posted 07-16-06 02:53 PM EDT (US)     10 / 53  
    this is a common spainish strat...

i have been doing this for a while now, i put a tp down and also i have alot vils on gold after hitting fort, so i can send highlanders and swiss pikes.

Eso: scuzz

[This message has been edited by BloTo (edited 07-16-2006 @ 02:57 PM).]

posted 07-16-06 03:34 PM EDT (US)     11 / 53  
    ^WTF

Nice strat Somme, glad you finally published it

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
    posted 07-16-06 03:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 53  

Quote:

couldn't think of a dumb abbreviation for this strat

I would call it PPD!

{pike pike dog}

posted 07-16-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 53  
    How about SSFFOTTH - Standard Spanish Fast Fortress Older Than The Hills
    posted 07-16-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 53  
    No abreviation is welcomed

Anyway its nice to see a strat that works posted, gj, and this strat is similar to what gg_magic uses if I remember correctly.

"Dutch are OP!"
    "Iriquois are OP!"
    "Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan
    posted 07-16-06 05:21 PM EDT (US)     15 / 53  

Quote:

How about SSFFOTTH - Standard Spanish Fast Fortress Older Than The Hills

Uh.. standard Spanish FF order is 23 vil fortress with a trading post up... Then you pump out skirms or dragoons. It isn't anything like this...

posted 07-16-06 05:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 53  
    this is exactly what i do though i get a tp also whilst i up to fort, or if its a water map i sometimes get schooners
    posted 07-16-06 05:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 53  
    what i do vs spain because this is a common strat now, i either send 8 xbow after 3sw, or i send 700 gold to up fast then send 3sw.
    posted 07-16-06 05:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 53  
    this has also worked for me vs 2k germans but i think vs say 2150+ gers it is a lot harder and they actually know how to play the game rather than lame so can counter it.
    posted 07-16-06 07:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 53  
    Triple post ftw.. But yeah 9 crossbows is the biggest threat to this strat especially if it comes out at the same time as 6 skirms and minutmen. Then it comes down to how well I micro my lancers and falconets.

It works well on complacent Germans though.

posted 07-16-06 08:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 53  
    Most German players just habitually send palentine settlements during age up, so 9 xbows shouldnt be too much of a problem. Good strat somme.

Oh, and my normal spanish FF is 24 vills :P.

posted 07-17-06 00:23 AM EDT (US)     21 / 53  
    Great post! Can't wait to try it out. Astoundingly, I haven't been matched up against many Germans lately. I haven't a clue why that is, but hopefully I'll get to take this for a spin soon.

Thanks for the strat.

Strategies:
    - BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
    - The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
    posted 07-17-06 11:05 AM EDT (US)     22 / 53  
    yeah 24 vills ftw.

23 is teh suxorz.

posted 07-17-06 12:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 53  
    What if he has towers in his base when you run your pikes in?

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
    posted 07-17-06 12:59 PM EDT (US)     24 / 53  
    Erm, yeah.... FF + outpost spam is all the rage, damn everyone does it.
    posted 07-17-06 01:23 PM EDT (US)     25 / 53  
    Great strat..I have been able to beat quite a few germans using this. Although I am no where near 2k. One question I have is during your numbered steps I see only 16 pikes. 8 from a card 8 from the age up to fortress. Though at the end you say u should have 15-20 pikes. I assumed u meant to make them from a barricks and I was curious when this should be done. I have been building mine with the forward vill as soon as I gather the wood after hitting the button for age 3. Is this right or do u not need a barricks and just use cards? I also seem to have a little trouble having enough wood or forgetting to build houses while im microing my attacks when there is some resistence. Any ideas?
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » How to kill a 2k German in under 10 minutes(couldn't think of a dumb abbreviation for this strat)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames