You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Doppler Toppler
posted 07-19-06 10:06 AM EDT (US)   
I decided to create a rush for the germans because i got tired of Fast Fortresing.(plus i liked the name)

The Doppler Toppler

Cards needed
Age 1
2 SW
Age 2
3 SW, 700 wood, 600+700 gold, 9Xbow, 5 uhlans, palentane settlements

Sugested Cards
Age 1
sawll mill, iron mongler
Age 2
700 food, , 2 towers, 4 landsknecht
Age 3
1000 wood, 1000 gold, coved wagon, hand infentry combat, 8 hackapels

At the start send 2 SW to hunt and 1 to collect the crates
Keep building villegers

Build a house then send him to collect wood

when you can afford it build a market, then send that SW to collet wood or gold so you can buy hunting dogs

when you have 800 food age up(with the 400wood)and move All SW to gold and some Vils on to wood

then bulid a barracks then build some Doppels.

when you can afford it build a stable

then use doppels and uhlans to attack

send cards when you think you need them.

i sugest attacking with 10 doppels 9 xbows and about 9 uhlans.

use the doppels to attack any units and buildings, and uhlans to attack anti-infentry and villigers

i have beaten a spanish and a dutch with this.

Any sugestions to improve this? (proberly lots)and do you like the name?

PS
no complaing about the Germans OPiness or my disgraceful Gramma

Edit:
The recording= http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=762

If James Bond 007 is such a good special agent then why does he have to escape so often?

[This message has been edited by From_Hamsterdam (edited 07-20-2006 @ 12:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-19-06 01:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  

Quote:

"I have beaten a spanish and a dutch with this."

Oooh. Wow. A DUTCH. at least the do get age2 skirms....im not sure how good or bad this is but it looks pretty simple.

Stephen Harper's theme song is Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
posted 07-19-06 01:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
what time is your army marching into their town?

sounds like you dont really need the stable if your just attacking with 9 uhlans and shipping 5 of them....

it would be really nice if you could post a rec of beating a german ff or something tho, otherwise it seems rather pointless.....

posted 07-19-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
yeah, I'd rather save the recources used on the stable and switch your wood villies on food or gold for more units. Your free uhlans should be enough. And second the notion to post a rec.

Eating is my business, and business is good.

[This message has been edited by LS619 (edited 07-19-2006 @ 01:48 PM).]

posted 07-19-06 03:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
just don't rush with germans
they suck at it.
posted 07-19-06 05:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
its a little general, don't you think?
posted 07-19-06 07:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
Wouldn't pikes be better to use then dopples? they are cheaper and don't take up 2 pop slots but they still do lots of siege damage
posted 07-19-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
okay i was a little lenient before, but a few word for you:

longbows ad pikes/musket = dead rush. longbows can massacre the dopps and crossbows, and pikes/musks can hold off the uhlans, and if its muskets they can fire on the dopps and bows.

posted 07-19-06 11:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
^I think the whole idea is that in a 1v1, Brit vs Germs, both would be expected to FF. Germany would rush instead, catcing the Brits in the middle of the FF and probably winning.

That's just my two cents.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 07-20-06 00:33 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
I wouldn't neccessarily FF a German. If I was expecting mercs I think I might try maybe massing units and boomig more, and then opting for a later Fortress time, that will come not too long after his, so you can upgrade and send your own mercs. But that's a maybe.

posted 07-20-06 06:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Quote:"Oooh. Wow. A DUTCH." How maney people have you beaten using it?

not sure about the times mabey 8-10 mins. will try to get a recording. i get most my uhals from shipments, but you might need a stable if your uhlans die.

when you are versing lots anti-infentry you will proberly need more uhlans. just depends on the game

i decided to make a rush because it is diferent not better.

i know it is general but you have to be flexable.
for example use more uhlans if versing long bows or skirmishers.

i like doppels because they have a good attack agenst more stuff. for example they kill all other Non-merk hand infentry(like pikes)

Quote:"longbows ad pikes/musket = dead rush" you are proberly right. just got to move the uhals around the back or use them to distract so the dops can move in.

i might work vs a Brit. if they FF just have more cav for cannons

Quote:"I wouldn't neccessarily FF a German. If I was expecting mercs I think I might try maybe massing units and boomig more, and then opting for a later Fortress time, that will come not too long after his, so you can upgrade and send your own mercs. But that's a maybe."
Will that work?, maybe. But that's a maybe.

Did i anser every one?

Edit:

i put a recording it in the download section. Not sure when you will be able to get it.
i called it 'My stratergy the Doppler Toppler!'
it was me vs a french player. i was started attacking at about 9:30mins.

the recording:http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=762

Your Opinions?

If James Bond 007 is such a good special agent then why does he have to escape so often?

[This message has been edited by From_Hamsterdam (edited 07-20-2006 @ 12:44 PM).]

posted 07-20-06 05:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
you started attacking at 9:30 for a colonial rush?
posted 07-20-06 05:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Um...perhaps having the doppleganger shipment in your deck for a doppleganger rush would be good?

Machiavelli_IUB
posted 07-21-06 06:07 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
Quote:"you started attacking at 9:30 for a colonial rush?"
yes i said that

What card is that? is it the 3 doppel solider card?
if so i would rather have 9xbow or 5 uhals then 3 more doppels

the recording: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=762

posted 07-22-06 11:53 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
hmm very simaliar to my old Doppelsoldier rush .... except i usally wait till 6:30 - 7:00 mark before i enter there base with 20 - 30 doppelsoldier + uhlans somtimes xbows aswell.

Its a good start however you should be wary that like all rushes if it fails you are punished with an awful economy an opponent who is likey in age 3 .....

ohh and drop the stable its 300 wood your wasting UNLESS you acually build some uhalns / WW( provided you hit age 3)

posted 07-24-06 10:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
y use xbows wen u can get the best skirm in the game? ship 9 of them instead, or 11 if u want to
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Doppler Toppler
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames