You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Native American Treaties
posted 07-28-06 01:59 AM EDT (US)   
This is a continuance from the French Selfeeding Native Rush thread, where i questioned the timing and usefulness of the Native American Treaties card.

As you are well aware, this card delivers "a Shipment of Native Warriors from each different allied tribe."

To test the effectiveness of this card, and thus how to maximise its usefulness, i started a game against a sandbox AI and tried the following things. The results are interesting.

The map is British Colombia (a Custom Map) with 2 Cree and 2 Iroquois Settlements, played with a level 13 French civ in the Colonial age.

1 TP at an Iroquois Settlement yields 6 Tomahawks and 0 Mantlets
2 TP at two Iroquois Settlements yields 6 Tomahawks and 0 Mantlets
1 TP at a Cree Settlement yields 5 Trackers and 0 Cree Cdb
1 TP at an Iroquois Settlement and 2 Cree yields 6 Tomahawks, 0 Mantlet, 5 Cree Trackers and 0 Cree Cdb.
1 TP at an Iroquois Settlement, with 8 Tomahawks already built (max cap) yields 6 Tomahawks and 0 Mantlets
1 TP at a Cree Settlement, with 13 Cree Trackers already built (max cap) yields 5 Trackers and 0 Cree Cdb.

As such it can be inferred that there is a specific number of units that are sent for each native tribe, regardless of how many TPs you have of that tribe, regardless of how many units are already fielded, regardless of population etc.

So, the Native American Treaties card will send you:
6 Iroquois Tomahawks (6*100 = 600 resources) and/or
5 Cree Trackers (5*120 = 600 res).
on the British Columbia map. Does anyone have the figures for all the tribes for all maps? Does it depend on which map? I will be able to try them all out eventually and add them too the list, i just figured that if anyone knew already then that would be fluffy.

Perhaps the most interesting feature of this card, is that you can send it before building a TP and you still get a shipment of Natives. eg, you have a Cree TP and then send the card, get 5 Trackers, then go off and build an Iroquois TP and you immediately receive another shipment (of 6 Tomahawks). Pretty cool, huh? .

The Optimist believes that we live in the best possible world. The Pesimist believes this to be true.
Replies:
posted 07-28-06 03:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
it's 600 res per different tribe.
posted 07-28-06 03:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Nice study.
Have you tried it with other tribes though?
I didn't know that about building them after either . I wonder if you can delete and rebuild (might be a bug somewhere).

ESO - deathmf
1st Lieutenant, 1880!
posted 07-28-06 04:54 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
This is all well-known information. This is the reference thread on natives: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,25913,75,365

It's pre-patch though so the native shipment info needs to be updated. As OpenAmp stated, they are all 600 resources now. I believe they are all also one type of unit now - no Dog Soldiers, Mantlets or Medicine Men come with NAT now.

@deathmf: Sorry, it doesn't work like that. You'll only get one shipment per tribe in a game.

You can go over the limit for a paticular type of native by sending NAT after you have already queued up the maximum units for a tribe.

posted 07-28-06 08:18 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
I dont think u can queue natives and then send the card :P

From my experience if u have natives queued and the card arrives b4 they are built then the natives dont come out(if u have reached the native build cap, for example 13/13 for the cherokee). Its like wen u play otto and u havent upgraded the vil limit, the unit just sits there ready to pop out wen u have room for it.

But building the natives then shipping more is a good idea if u want a bigger natives army.

If u played Stronghold u might enjoy this http://www.zshare.net/download/sh-mix-mix-rar.html
posted 07-28-06 10:32 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Yea.

My Russia Guide
How to turtle withRussia AND WIN
http://www.skwizz.com/eso/Frstyle77/83.png
^_COPY THIS SMILEY FACE AND HELP SPREAD ITS POPULARITY
THE SMILEY FACE WILL RULE ALL. This is the offspring of THE BUNNY(^_^ GRINS AT __Sephiroth__)
posted 07-28-06 11:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
You can send the card before they're all done though. It just has to be less than 40 seconds before the last batch will finish. I know I didn't say that, but it's really what I meant.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Native American Treaties
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames