Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The FFF
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-28-06 04:23 PM EDT (US)   
Hi all, First strat wOOt so here it goes, The France Fast fort

As you all mostly know I'm a big france supporter, sadly I think they are the most sucky civ besides dutch, and this strat will help with their seemingly weak mid game econ.

Cards needed:

• 700 coin
  • Fort
  • Age 3 resouce cards help, 3 cuirs is a must for their heavy first hit.

Goal of strat:

• To box in your foe.
  • To be able to boom with little stopping you.
  • And lastly the all time greatest forward base.
  • To counter any FF (mostly)

You should age using standard 14 CDB count and then pick the outpost politician and send it as close as possible to the other guys base, it for best results make sure it's between you and the enemy base.

As soon as you start aging switch about 5 CDB to coin if you don't have a starting 100 coin crate, switch the rest to wood until you have 250 wood for a TP and build it right away, if you have 100 coin already leave them on food. (thanks sephiroth for tip on TP)

Once aged send 700 coin and Queue up 2-3 CDB, send about 5 to 6 on Coin as soon as the 700 coin arives, When you have the resouces to age select the exiled price politician for a speedy age up, and send all but 4 CDB onto wood.

Select to recive shipments from the Forward outpost and send the fort as soon as you age build it right next to the outpost, if done fast enough the fort will be built before the other person ages, in some cases the CDB gathering Wood should get you 600 wood sometime between the time you age and the time the fort is built.

Build a Town center as close as you can to the enemy base also, without him seeing you, if done correctly you should have the enemy 75% boxed in and unabled to get the resources he need and make him almost worthless in age 3, and any shipment he can throw at you, you should be able to defeat without much effort, Just keep booming and deflecting his attacks, get the 3rd TC up soon after the 2nd, if the enemy trys to go around your fort you should be able to spam pikemen right into his base from your fort and do alot of damage.

The reason why I suggest 3 cuirs as a must is that card saved me when my fort was being seiged by pikemen, I sent it out of the fort and those cuirs killed the pike before they could change and attack, if under 10 pikes you should be able to kill them without any loses and then go off to raid and keep him boxed in even mor.

Sorry for any bad grammer and such, I'm really sick and I don't feel up to proof reading it

So, what do you think?

Discuss

UPDATED
    Rec:Ossian vs HolyDragon (sorry for using our match ) This is the rough outline of the strat, I've since updated it and I even beat a brig with it, sadly it wasn't recorded

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
    Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
    Contact your network admin for more details
    about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer

[This message has been edited by Ossian (edited 07-30-2006 @ 08:53 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 07-28-06 04:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
    In 1.07... GG 10 wws and some shipment units OR 2 falcs+ maybe some mercs as another civ will own your fort.

Any time I see a fort go up I destroy it asap and even if it IS up its still not hard to destroy.

I can think of pikes, swiss pikes, falcs wws etc lol.

In 1.08.. not sure but porlly GG aswell cos an early rush will cRuSh you and if he takes map control early on you cant build tcs/fort.

But I'm not sure about what will happen in 1.08 so dont quote me on this.

Nice strat besides that lol but cud u give us/me some times? I mean, when do you hit fortress age? etc.

~ Thanks ~

posted 07-28-06 04:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
    FYI I had to face all the stuff you listed (besides mercs because he had no coin from box in) Falcs were easy kill for my BR's, skirms + jaegers killed all his WW, and Xbows > WW anyways.

Swiss pikes would of died to the LI army also, trust me, he sent alot of stuff at me, my fort got really week, but outpost + fort + small army can take it.

Don't assume it's bad until you think about that hm, well, maybe I have a army also.... duh

BTW it's a counter FF strat, sorry if I didn't list it as that.

The fort will not be taken down because it will be up before the other guy has anything to stop it.

My time was most likely around 6ish 7, I didn't clock it so "don't quote me on this"

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer

[This message has been edited by Ossian (edited 07-28-2006 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 07-28-06 05:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
    quartermaster > governor
    scout/marksman > exiled prince

the two TP's from Qmaster is a tremendous boost for a french FF.

send the fort with age up troops, preferably with marksman for pikes. having a fort be build right next to your enemy without any cover is a really bad idea.

ship 1000 wood for TC's instead of chopping it.

use 4cdb instead of 700 coin. you can still hit age 3 by like 8:00; maybe a little sooner.

posted 07-28-06 05:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
    Ok if you don't even read the point of the strat whats the point???

I know how to FF but I'm trying something new to give complete map control.

Everyone sticks with "what works" but what about testing for new things.

The fort can hold out until you send in a extra shipment, or even better, BUILD from the fort....

The point of getting the fort up fast is to catch him before he ages like I listed twice before...

posted 07-28-06 05:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
    Post some replays and the time for stuff please
    Anyway, will this strat work for they next patch?
    posted 07-28-06 05:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
    I'll try and get some recs, and from what I gather it should work 1.08 since you are using exiled prince.

Remember, it's counter FF so I don't know how useful it will be since FF will be very little used.

This is my last post until saturday night, so stop bashing the strat and think about how it could work please?

[This message has been edited by Ossian (edited 07-28-2006 @ 05:20 PM).]

posted 07-28-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
    It's this type of quick map control that is always done to me when I play Portuguese. I always lose those games so I think your strat has merits, especially against Ports with their limited siege.

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
    MNBob's AOE Page
    posted 07-28-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
    I just tried it out and got a 6:10 fortress time, but only had half of a shipment upon arriving. If you build a tp during age up i think you could remedy this. Then you can have your fort up earlier than 7:45 and another TC up before 8:00. As long as you place your fort well and make proper counters with it you should be fine. If you queue 5 skirms from the fort they will come out at 8:00, the same time as a "normal" FF French FF will age up with their skirms.

However, if you are playing against an aggressive civ like Spain it might be smarter to place your fort defensively securing resources by your first TC and building your second TC under its cover as well. Then you have a good boom set up as well as defenses that will keep you safe until any seige mercs or canons come out. By then you should have either culvs or LI to counter.

I like it. Reminds me of Walker's Ottoman Deporter .

posted 07-29-06 04:57 AM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
    hehe yeah it seem ppl didnt read the strat btu still comment it or just have no logic if the french age 30 sec before you to fortress you'll be in the middle btw so you want have any men to counter fort except mm's or vills + your prob aging with 6 skirms so even if you send them you wont destroy the fort

yeah i think you should difitively get tp's and if your on like great plains you can take lakota or comanche by doing a native ff dont know if it exist but you can take them to raid and just destroy his eco if you do it right u should kill 5 or 6 vills in the first suprise raiding

i think this strat may work ill try it out just need to get my french hc lvl a bit higher

posted 07-29-06 05:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
    Ossian has tried this strat vs me. I can tell you that it works pretty well. Its unexpected and half way through aging to fortresss...you see his fort going up and when you see this you might not even have a rax up. Wen I played with him, I did have rax, I made about 10 pikes but too late, his cuirs and skirms came and I couldnt destroy the fort.

Those people bashin his strat doesnt know how effectivly it actually works when taken on suprise. He takes your map control and leaves you with little mines or hunts.

posted 07-29-06 05:42 AM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
    Well, the problem is that he doesnt have that many shipments because he has no tps.

He also spent a shipment on a fort.

A fort isnt really strong not even if its built.

It would be nice if you could give us some times like when you hit fortress age but I really doubt that would work vs a professional 1.07 German lameage....

Making a fort early on might seem good but actually it isnt that good at all.

If I see your fort going up as Germans and hit fortress like @8:00 I ship 3 WWs ASAP which take care of the cuirs (which need some time to arrive because you have no tps and you already spent a shipment on a fort) and start spamming WWs.
    Because I have 1-3 tps my next shipment will come ASAP (5 dopps, good for siege) and I will attack your fort about @ the 9 mins mark with 6 skirms from aging, ~8 uhlans, 8 wws and 5 dopps.

Its not even funny how fast wws take out a fort, believe me...

As spanish I would send 8 pikes after aging with the 8 pikes poli and ship 2 falcs as soon as I hit age3.

Next shipment would be swiss pikes/highlanders or Lancers if you mass skirms.

16 pikes can defend well vs 3 cuirs and 2 falcs should take care of 6 skirms.

When my swiss pikes arrive I prolly have still like ~8 pikes and 1 falc and 12 swiss pikes are enough to take down your fort.

Anyway, you should try this strat vs me on ESO.
    I'll add you and we can play unrated if you want.

posted 07-29-06 07:07 AM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
    God, I feel sorry for Ossian. I mean, what can you do when killa comes in and says "I spam this and that at you and I win". No, a fort isn't strong when it's not defended as you seem to assume it's not, but if you're defending it well then it's very hard to take down without mortars. You say WW>cuirs and uhlans > skirms, jaegers but in the end it's all down to micro and what happens in game. 10 war wagons by 10 minutes isn't gonna take down a fort, and anything later is hardly "early".
    posted 07-29-06 08:13 AM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
    okay u want to play that game killa i get fort up i spam 5 skirms and 5 dragons and i wont send 3 cuirs ill just send 2 canons now i got this army + a fort you die and wasted shipement + most of the time germans dont have 5 dopples so stop flaming for nor reason try the strat before saying anything
    ppl have done this counter ff vs me but not being french and it works pretty damn good so i have the right to comment his strat but you dont since if someone would of done that you wouldnt been flaming
    posted 07-29-06 09:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
    You call that flaming? wtf.. Am I not allowed to say something against a new strategy?
    Who are you that you come here and actually flame ME?

If Ossian calls this flaming he can ask me to stop arguing in his thread and I will leave, but who are YOU that you tell me that I flame and what I have to do and what I'm not allowed to do...

Back to topic:

I just argue that on a competive level this strat wont work all that well.

It was tried on me before and it failed like 80% or more of the time. (only better players [cuetech/pr] did it on me with succes)

I also asked for a game with Ossian so I wanted/want him to try it on me to see if it works vs a German lameage in 1.07.

A civ it would probably work pretty well against is the ports since they get no real siege in age3.

But they get a tc in age2 which they can use to get map control BEFORE your fort can come.

And if they FI it's GG I would say.

About our game Ossian: I will try to catch you on ESO between 2 and like 6 pm GMT.
    We can play the games unrated cos I dont really think it would be fair otheriwse. ( too big difference in rating sorry)

posted 07-29-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
    I don't think a game between you two would prove anything.

a) You're playing germany, and you'll be spamming war wagons. It's no surprise that any french strategy would lose to that.
    b) You're a hundred or so cuetech points above him.

posted 07-29-06 12:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
    Most of the value in the strategy (I think) was due to its very surprising nature, and that would cease to be a factor if a game were arranged where it was tested.

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

To see these studies for yourself, please click here."

~ Cy Marlayne

posted 07-29-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
    Why are you even comparing a non-german strategy to an OP strategy. So every british, spanish, french, dutch, ottoman, and russian strategy shouldnt be used because german laming beats it? Ok then, I'll just start up my german HC because clearly I'm stupid if I want to play something else...
    posted 07-29-06 12:29 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
    Lol I could also use my Spanish or my Russia to play vs this..

And because of the cuetech difference it wouldnt mean much, of course, but I could see if I have a hard time beating it or not.

Also, this strat is supposed to be an anti FF strat but like 20% of all FFs are German ones in 1.07.

So you say no big surprise if the FFF loses vs the majorty of FF?

I say that a spanish FF would own that pretty well, too.

16 pikes and 2 falcs @8:00 or 16 pikes/2 falcs/12 swiss pikes @ 9:00 isnt nice too.

Pikes/swiss pikes take down a fort /cuirs pretty well and the falcs should take care of all LI if microed properly.

Another thing I can think of is a church tec guard FF as spanish with 8 pikes/12 guard halbs/2 falcs @ 8:00.

Vs a rush I dont think this uis a very viable strat since the rushing troops destroy the forward tower and you cant place the fort in a good position too.

Anyway, again about the cuetech difference thing:

I can imagine that on the level around the low 2k or lower this strat MIGHT work vs equally skilled people but above that I dont think this would work well vs equally skiklled players.
    This is nowhere near flaming, sorry if it seems so.

posted 07-29-06 12:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
    ^I second Matt's highly cultured and refined sarcasm.

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

To see these studies for yourself, please click here."

~ Cy Marlayne

posted 07-29-06 12:38 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
    i think this will definatly work well,

i have just started using the french today, i have a level 6 city.

in my last game i played a brit, i ffed and took complete map control, when you have that its very hard for them to break out and you are controlling all their rescources

posted 07-29-06 12:52 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  

Quote:

I say that a spanish FF would own that pretty well, too.

16 pikes and 2 falcs @8:00 or 16 pikes/2 falcs/12 swiss pikes @ 9:00 isnt nice too.

Pikes/swiss pikes take down a fort /cuirs pretty well and the falcs should take care of all LI if microed properly.

Another thing I can think of is a church tec guard FF as spanish with 8 pikes/12 guard halbs/2 falcs @ 8:00.

Look, it's all down to who had the better micro at the time. Ossian said himself that he gets BR, and we know how badly they own falcs. Then you have age up skirms, shipped skirms and built skirms for the pikes. But of course, then you'll say that you'll defend the falcs with the pikes and kill skirms with falcs. It just goes round in circles... do you see what I mean?

posted 07-29-06 02:32 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
    Ignore what he said about age up troops ^^. None come with exiled prince.
    posted 07-29-06 06:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
    WW Spam > FFF but WW Spam owns alot of strats and plus its OP so no point of comparing or even argueing.
    posted 07-29-06 07:26 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
    hehe yeah sorry killa was in bad mood when i posted i wrote it wrong btw the strat does need tp's i just saw a game earlier glouk_the_boss basicly does this strat except he ages with 2 tp's a market with the wood and food upgrade he sends in 3 vills then 4 vills or maybe he ages right after dont remember but i think he send 700 gold but doesnt use exile prince he uses the 4 hussars politician he got from age up to raid and distracts the opponents army so they cant see the fort

he gets it up and makes dragons from fort the other player sees fort up attacks it but as glouk has a few dragoons + 3 hussars left + fort +tp's = shipement he counters the opponents attack btw when he attacked he had swiss pikes so i think its worth aging later but having two tp's + some market upgrades and a age up army to counter the ff and have a nice map control and since you have control of some of the land make cuirs and raid like crazy but dont use it to attack him if he spams dragons

posted 07-29-06 07:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  

Quote:

WW Spam > FFF but WW Spam owns alot of strats and plus its OP so no point of comparing or even argueing.

Apparently you aren't aware of 1.08. And wtf, France will most likely get to Fortress before or at the same time as Germany, so that would make the game fair and competitive.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The FFF
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames