Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A French Fast Industrial
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-28-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)   
I'm sorry- I just couldn't bring myself to using an acronym If you must have one, how bout...... FGFI.. french grenadier fast industrial

Also, I must make a points before you read anything.

Do NOT post to say it's unviable because of some counter-strat. If it's a counter then it goes without saying and the FI shouldn't be preformed.

Discovery

I shouldn't have to tell you what to do here besides train and ship cdb for a total of 14 cdb.

Discovery-Colonial

If you started with 100 wood and you couldn't find 100 more wood in treasures, chop it. Have 7-8 cdb hunt; rest go on coin.

Colonial

Train 3 more cdb, and ship 4 to go on coin. Choose either the Marksman or the Scout politician. I suggest the Scout for most games; choose Marksman for civs that go heavy on the heavy inf. If you're unsure, err on the side of scout.

Lastly, build two TP's.

Colonial-Fortress

Time to go food-heavy. Depending on how much map control you have (or how much your opponen't DOESN'T have), you'll have to decide whether it's better to obtain 1000 food, ship the rest and go coin-crazy, or mine 200 coin, ship the rest, and go hunt crazy. You'll have to be able to tell what to do.

Fortress

Upon aging, send the fort. Again, depending on who has the map control, it's extremely important to place it in a spot that doesn't risk it's obliteration during construction. You be the judge of that. If you can, place it next to at least 2 resources, preferably coin and hunts. Have cdb walk to the fort to utilize the resources you just obtained. Have 21 cdb before aging.

After shipping the fort, ship 1k of food or coin; the one that you have the least control of on the map. In some instances, shipping 1k food is better for an FI than 1k coin.

Age up with the Tycoon politician for 1k coin. (Gosh... I wonder what we can do with 1k coin and a shipment... muhahaha...)

Fortress-Industrial

While aging, send the Edict of Nantes shipment. Chop wood for a Church and a house. Obtain as much food as you can.

Industrial

Gather the coin and hire some Black Riders, or Swiss Pikemen. Then use all that food for the three gren techs at the church. Send mercs before the grens, or you'll have to chop more wood for housing

If done completely uninterrupted, you'll have 7 Black Riders/12 Swiss Pikemen, 27 RG Grenadiers, a Fort, and two TP's by 13:00; possibly sooner.

27 RG grenadiers have:

Combined HP of 8,640
Combined Atk of 675 with 3 splash
Combined Siege of 2,322
50% Ranged Resistance

Now toss in mercs for the grens counters... MUHAHAHA...

*Note* A Turtle-friendly version is to ship Colonial Militia while aging to Colonial, followed by 700 coin. The rest goes as you see fit.

Happy Fragging!

For additional information check out:

Destiny_Devil's French Grenadier FF
xMatt the Greatx's Cuirassier Crusher

*Special thanks to KillahSquirrel and __Sephiroth__ for the help*

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 07-28-2006 @ 11:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-28-06 06:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38  

Quote:

Do NOT post to say it's unviable because you'll get attacked. Plenty of games have no fighting til well after 13-14 minute mark, and the post doesn't offer anything.

Err ... What game are you playing?

But otherwise, really nice! Sounds wicked powerful, too bad I don't play French, but maybe I should start

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 07-28-06 06:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
thanks. it's really fun; i'd recommend it to anyone who wants to use units that level buildings in seconds, then slaughter their only counter.

this can be preformed as low as like level 15, so if you wanna dust off your french HC or start one, it won't take long before youre fragging entire bases!

posted 07-28-06 07:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
How do you get the 3500 food for those Grenadiers once in Industrial?

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 07-28-06 08:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
You can easily gather the 1500 during age up. You have 24 cdb, use them well. The other 2k comes in pretty quick after that. The trick is to secure resources with your fort. And that fort is definitely gonna prevent any attack until the 10:00 mark when seige mercs or falcs come out, so I don't think that line about "don't say....cuz you will get attacked before 13 mins." I would just delete that actually...

Also, get as many herdables as you can. I know it seems obvious, but you can shave 30 seconds off your gren time with it. I've gotten all of them out as low as 12:25 when killing 4 sheep I find, so the grens come out much earlier. Also, keep in mind that the grenadiers come out one group at a time, so you arent totally defenseless during age up. Use those grens effectively. I find that 13:00 is the average time I get all 3 sets of grens out.

Good job Mr. Amp.

posted 07-28-06 08:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
An Otto or Russian rush would WTF?pwn this strat.

Sorry, but it wouldn't be strategy Central without one...

posted 07-28-06 09:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
dont post a lame ass "blah blah counter blah blah" post if thats all your gonna offer.

it sounds interesting, unfortunatly it comes too late, as patch 1.08 is almost out

Jesus loves me this i know.
for Chuck Norris tells me so!
posted 07-28-06 10:55 PM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
the black riders seem liek a bad idea. grens do fine vs artillery and black riders shouldnt be hitting and runnign cav, otherwise it will get to the naders.

so its seems better to use swiss pikes, which also give added siege...like you need any. plus the gfrens specilize in killing LI, the swiss pikes' counter, and are a little elss effective against HI(bad melee).

EDIT: wait, instead of shipping mercs, you could ship 24 pikes, and age up with troops. this might strain housing, but itd be worth it.

[This message has been edited by brandnizzle (edited 07-28-2006 @ 10:55 PM).]

posted 07-28-06 11:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  

Quote:

An Otto or Russian rush would WTF?pwn this strat.

Err ... usually one doesn't FF against a rusher, let alone FI.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 07-28-06 11:06 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
cant wait to try it since Seph got me in a French crazed situation

My Russia Guide
How to turtle withRussia AND WIN
http://www.skwizz.com/eso/Frstyle77/83.png
^_COPY THIS SMILEY FACE AND HELP SPREAD ITS POPULARITY
THE SMILEY FACE WILL RULE ALL. This is the offspring of THE BUNNY(^_^ GRINS AT __Sephiroth__)
posted 07-28-06 11:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 38  
you know, i thought about the swiss pikes, but i went with BR cause of the range. the grens already have a combined siege of roughly 2.5k, and with all that inf, it seems like they might be crowding each other.

plus, BR do better against arty. (grens are very mediocre against arty.)

Quote:

"An Otto or Russian rush would WTF?pwn this strat."

Quote:

Do NOT post to say it's unviable because of some counter-strat. If it's a counter then it goes without saying and the FI shouldn't be preformed.

posted 07-28-06 11:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
24 free pikes + 2 falcs/3 cuirs> BR's.
posted 07-28-06 11:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
i just tried it with swiss pikes, and i really liked it. this'll be my new choice.

thanks, brandnizzle.

posted 07-29-06 00:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
The patch will if anything increase this strats effectiveness. The 20 extra seconds for FF time is negated by the extra food crate bonus they get. The only thing that the patch will change about this strat is that it's direct counter will be even more of a direct counter and its "soft counter" or heavy seige FF will be nerfed because of +20 seconds.

I personally can't wait to nail all the brit boomers with this once the patch comes out.

Also, I think that what you age with depends on the situation. If you are being seiged, age with the falcs and ship goons or pikes. If your opponent has turtled up with forts and towers etc, Swiss Pikes are the way to go. If your opponent is massing arty or cav, BR's are a sound option. I don't see much of a use for the 3 cuir age up, but the 10 muskets can be used as on the spot anti-cav.

posted 07-29-06 06:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
lol, my strat was similiar to this, in the way it attacked 12 min give or take and all i got was a lot of "wtf i'd pwn you if u used that".

If it didn't have a counter, then it would be OP

All the people who say things like that, get it into your head, you clinchpoops

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock

[This message has been edited by micky_t (edited 07-29-2006 @ 06:38 AM).]

posted 07-29-06 02:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
I have had a new revelation! Why not use the Exiled Prince? This way you can have your fort up at 7:40, which is before any FF attack will hit you. That gives you plenty of time to get to industrial undisturbed. And it will speed your next shipment due to the xp recieved from the fort, allowing for a 10:30 industrial time. Now that pwns .
posted 07-29-06 02:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
what level is the exiled prince?
posted 07-29-06 02:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38  

Quote:

xp recieved from the fort

WTF! Really?!

posted 07-29-06 02:58 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
posted 07-29-06 03:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38  

Quote:

xp recieved from the fort

You don't get xp from building something from a wagon.
posted 07-29-06 03:30 PM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
Hmmm, I thought you did. Oh well ^^. Still, I think a fort up at 7:40 is much better than one at 8:40. And you would still get a faster industrial than if you hadn't used the Exiled Prince.
posted 07-29-06 03:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  

Quote:

*Note* A Turtle-friendly version is to ship Colonial Militia while aging to Colonial, followed by 700 coin. The rest goes as you see fit.

If you're going to use CM, why not build more CdB's and age to Colonial at ~6 minutes with a TP, market, hunting dogs and placer mines? Then you can mine 1000 gold and hunt 700 food and age up with 500 food politician and still get a 7:30ish Fort time (or faster with ExPrince) but with a much better economy and no card used on 700 gold.

I do this frequently for the Middle Guard rush and it really is a lot more powerful with little extra risk. I put Improved Buildings in the deck too, but don't actually send it unless I'm sure I'm getting rushed. Generally just having CM and IB in your deck and being French will scare off most rushes other than Otto and sometimes even they'll try to FF or FI.

[This message has been edited by FlaG8r (edited 07-29-2006 @ 03:53 PM).]

posted 07-29-06 04:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
actually, you get XP from outpost wagons. i know that much.

Quote:

If you're going to use CM, why not build more CdB's and age to Colonial at ~6 minutes with a TP, market, hunting dogs and placer mines? Then you can mine 1000 gold and hunt 700 food and age up with 500 food politician and still get a 7:30ish Fort time (or faster with ExPrince) but with a much better economy and no card used on 700 gold.

the problem is that if you chose philosopher prince over Qmaster, you're giving up 205 VS. plus aging up so late against a rush means you you probably won't be given the chance to build a rax if the guy attacks soon enough. and if the guy really means buisiness, is 7:30 really feasible?

i say 700 coin because of you send both MM, it's a really quick way to replenish the ol coffers.

p.s. (imo blunderbuss and great coat > hunting dogs and placer mines )

edit:

Quote:

I do this frequently for the Middle Guard rush and it really is a lot more powerful with little extra risk.

sounds wierd, but just about any boom, will a couple turtle cards, will shut down a gren FF

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 07-29-2006 @ 04:21 PM).]

posted 07-30-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 38  

Quote:

Plenty of games have no fighting til well after 13-14 minute mark,

Wtf>?!!!

Use pioneers+fort for a French FI.

Greatcoat+pioneers+blunderbuss CdB can stand up to twice their number in skirmishers. Make sure you have a couple outposts and the fort laying around, perhaps 3-5 dragoons too, because only melee cav can kill those super-CdB effectively.

On Yukon you should get Nootka, anti-cav and bark tech.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-30-06 02:54 PM EDT (US)     24 / 38  

Quoted from Mist:

Wtf>?!!!

Yeah I thought the same thing when I read it. I can count on one hand the number of games where there has been no attack before 12-13 minutes.

Quoted from Mist:

because only melee cav can kill those super-CdB effectively.

Well, artillery too.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 07-30-06 07:30 PM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
No, artillery will get meleed to death, CdB simply rock falcs (ask Sephiroth what I did to his falcs with settlers, lol)

Or, they'll get shot at by the TC/fort. If you place the fort right, those falcs are never getting in range.

Not to mention dragoons counter falcs too.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » A French Fast Industrial
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames