Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: An Ottoman Winter - A beginners Guide to the Ottoman
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-07-06 03:32 AM EDT (US)   
(Copy Pasted from original post in Ottoman Section of Agecommunity forum)

Just a little about me, I am a 2100 player and use mainly Ottomans, And i just wanted to spend a little time to help out the beginers with a few starting strategies and a tips to the ottoman civilisation since their popularity fell quite significantly since 1.08

In the Guide:
•FF - I consider FF to be one of the best strategies for ottomans vs most civilisations, and in the guide you will see multiple FF strategies.
•Rushes – Although FF is powerful, the original Janns or Abus rush is still a great contender, and you will see many of these strategies in the guide.
•FI strategies which include the Infamous iamgrunt FI And my own little FI strat which includes a 9:20-40 FI time with 2 Tc’s a mosque a TP and enough pop to set up a full scaled attack in no time
. •Miscellaneous – There is my Version of the IOR (inexhaustible Ottoman Rush).
Introduction:
Ottomans are by far the most unique civilisation, but the patch didn’t exactly go their way. Janns now train slower, and the fact that stables and raxes are only 200 wood means it is easier for other civs to hold off the legendary Ottoman rush whilst keeping a good Economy. The fact that Ottomans get free Villagers is a gift, although many people don’t see it, not only do you not have to spend the resources, but you don’t need to spend valuable time to queue up and micro your villagers.
On many occasions I would start up the game, tell my villagers what to do, send my explorer to scout then I wouldn’t have to do anything for another 20-30 seconds unless I find a treasure that I want.
Ottomans have 2 of the best rushing machines in the game. Jannies and Abus guns. Both are able to crush any age 2 army, as Abus guns are extremely OP (not many people are complaining :P) especially with engineering school, and although Jannisaries are a little slow, they are still mighty powerful.

• Lets Get started, keep in mind these are all 1.08 strategies, and many of them are at a 1.9k-2.0k level. There will be an effective strategy in this guide to counter almost any other strategy on any map, and this is by far the most time I have spent making any one of the guides I have made. Lately I have not been on ESO much so most of these strategies have no Online Record but I will include an online record for almost every strategy in the guide.
But don't worry, All of these strategies have been tested and worked online, so they are all valid and great :P

FF = GG
That’s my motto for Ottoman FF. FF equals GG so now lets start with the different Versions of an ottoman FF before we get to the BO.
The main ottoman FF before 1.08 was used in one and only one situation : vs Russian rush, since at that time Ottoman was by far (not including Russia) the most dominant age 2 civilisation, but now Ottomans have a lot of new contenders, as now almost any civilisation can scale up or beat the ottoman rush.
The answer? FF!
Strengths of an FF
•Fast and powerful military shipments including Spahi, mamelukes, 2 cannons or 8 Jannies.
•Great Economical Shipments including a converted wagon and 1000 coin, wood and food crates.
As you can see the foundation for an Ottoman FF is the shipments, as economy before shipments is the same during colonial as in early Fortress.

When to use an FF? When you are either not expecting a rush, or expecting a light siege rush such as Strelets, xbows, longbows.
Even in situations such as a musket rush FF is still possible, but not recommended unless you have the right strategy and situation.

When NOT to use an FF?
When you got a Spanish player attempting a FF (gr8 Opportunity 4 a rush), a Russian Player who expects an FF and goes for either an FF himself, a livestock boom or a fish boom (I would know because in my last clan tournament vs an old Friend who uses mainly Ottoman I expected an FF but instead he did an all out rush which crushed me.

Ottomans have huge FF potential, even against the big guns like the Dutch, Germans or Ports.

Alright, enough talk, lets get straight to the BO’s

I have already posted a few of these strategies but now I’ll put a little more detail into them. I’ll start off with my #1 Ottoman FF strategies.

Aggressive Ottoman FF

2 options to this strategy

•Option 1 - is a 7 minute 15 Jannisaries and 4 Abus/hussar FF with 8 Jannisaries/2cannons/5abus/1000 wood on the way and 1 TP + 70 population.

•Option 2 – 7:45-8:00 minute 20 Jannies and 4 Abus/hussars with 8 Jannisaries/2cannons/5abus/1000 wood on the way and 2 TP + 80 population.

Option 1 BO – This is more to do against potentially rushers while Option 2 is great against other FF’rs or potential turtle boomers.

Order of Cards
•3 Villagers
•700 coin
•Military Card
•1000 wood.

Age 1
•Normal 200 coin + 1 outpost wagon start.
•ship in 3 villagers.
•4 villagers on hunt, 2 on crates, build a TP with explorer and make a house with the first villager that comes out.
•Then all on food until you have enough to start aging.
•Age up with the governor (200 coin + 1 outpost wagon politician).

Transition
•Put 3 to 4 villagers on coin till you have 100 coin, all others on food.
•Gather treasures, food and wood treasures are #1 Priority.
Age 2
•Nearest 2 settlers to unpack crates
•Ship in 700 coins ASAP.
•If you are going to be rushed hard, build outpost near your base, if not build it forward where you are going to plan your FB.

•Gather the 700 coins with all villagers in the area, as you should have enough food to advance.
•Start Aging somewhere between 5:00 – 5:45 with either 4 Abus or 4 hussars.

Transition
•Put most villagers on food, around 3 on coin.
•Ship in 700 wood ASAP and send 2 foods villagers to your forward outpost.
•Set drop off point on outpost.
•Gather the 700 woods ASAP, get those 2 villagers to build the rax, Get the other villagers at base to build a few houses.
•Start training Jannisaries ASAP.
Age 3
•Ship in a military card, 8 Jannisaries for Germans, 2 cannon for Dutch, 5 Abus for Ports.
•As soon as your first Age 3 Shipment comes in, attack right away.
•Ship in 1000 wood as your next shipment, but keep up Jannisaries Production.

Overview
Fast attack (8 minutes) means that you will never give your opponent any time to breath. 1000 wood after means that you will have 2 TC’s and upgraded villager production and speed means your economy will easily overtake your opponent and even if your initial Attack fails, you will easily be able to keep up a fast villager production (this is where Otto bonus comes in) from two town centres and be able to spend all your extra resources on military to keep up great pressure.

Easily my best strategy, works at a 1950 –2050 level. But if you think that was good, wait till you see the other version.
This version is the most powerful strategy I know of on Great Lakes, which gets you (if you choose) 4 stage coach TP’s and a mean FF time of 7:30 followed by an awesome Attack of 20-30 Jannisaries, 4 abus guns (or hussars) and 2 cannons at around 8:30.

Order of Cards
•3 Villagers
•700 coin
•2 Cannons or military Card
•1000 wood.

Age 1
•Normal 400 wood start.
•Ship in 3 villagers.
•4 villagers on hunt, 2 on crates, build a TP with explorer and make a house with the first villager that comes out.
•Then all on food until you have enough to start aging.
•Age up with the 400 wood politician).

Transition
•Put 3 to 4 villagers on coin till you have 300 coin, all others on food.
•Gather treasures, coin treasures are #1 Priority.
Age 2
•Nearest 2 settlers to unpack crates
•Ship in 700 coins ASAP.
•Build a second TP
•Gather the 700 coins with all villagers in the area, as you should have enough food to advance.
•Start Aging somewhere between 5:30 – 6:30 with either 4 Abus or 4 hussars.

Transition
•Put most villagers on food, around 3 on coin.
•Ship in 700 wood ASAP and send 2 foods villagers to your forward outpost.
•Set drop off point on outpost.
•Gather the 700 woods ASAP, get those 2 villagers to build the rax, Get the other villagers at base to build a few houses.
•Start training Jannisaries ASAP.
•On Great Lakes you will be getting another shipment almost immediately after the 700 wood comes in, you can then use it on and grab another 2 TP’s which will make your economy even stronger with 4 TP’s
•Upgrade your TP’s if on gr8lakes, if on another map with good TP’s you can still upgrade to stagecoach, but if you don’t ship in 600 wood you can ship in unique church or 5 Jannisaries.
Age 3
•Ship in a military card, 8 Jannisaries for Germans, 2 cannon for Dutch, 5 Abus for Ports.
•As soon as your first Age 3 Shipment comes in, attack right away.
•Ship in 1000 wood as your next shipment, but keep up Jannisaries Production.

Overview
This sacrifices 30 seconds to give you a greater (on gr8 lakes you get a legendary economy of 2 town centres and 4-5 stagecoach TP’s, but if not you will have a great army of 35 Jannisaries (if you shipped in 5) 4 abus guns (or hussars) and any one of the awesome age 3 shipments.
If anybody leaves you in peace till 7:30, you will be officially unstoppable, especially on gr8lakes.

Mamelukes/Spahi FF strategy (Russia Killa) [b]
This is one of my least favourite Strategies, though it is still very effective but is mainly to be used vs Russia since Strelets get WTF owned by Spahi.
The main Problem, which I had to get around, was that Ottoman have a lack of food when being rushed, especially when they want Spahi, so once again I call on mighty Ottoman politicians .
This is slightly different to the other strategy I posted here earlier, since I discovered that when you ship in 700 food, it usually comes in just a little after you hit age3

[b]Order of Cards
•3 Villagers
•700 coin
•5 Spahi
•1000 wood or military card.

Age1
•4 settlers on hunts, 2 crates, build 1 tp on house then all on food.
•Ship 3 settlers.
•Age up with 500 food.
Transition
5 Settlers on coin till you have 300 coin, then all on food.
Age 2
Ship 700 coin ASAP and gather the 500 food with nearest 2 settlers.
Gather the 700 coin with all settlers in the area, you should have more than enough food to age up.
Go up with Exiled Prince.
Transition
•All on food, Food treasure top priority. Once you have 1000 food, put all on coin.
Age 3
•Ship in 5 Spahi ASAP.
•You should be able to wipe out his strelets with your Spahi before he can get your TC down, after that if you don’t have enough coin for Mamelukes ship in 1000 wood and build another TC.

Overview
Strong Spahi means that he will never get your TC down, also since you will have 1000 wood coming shortly after, it means you will have both an economic and military advantage over the Russian player.

End to the FF Section
Here is the First part of my Guide, hope you like it, Look at the bottom of the guide for Recs.

Time 4 a RUSH!
Although since 1.08 the rush is significantly weaker, it is still deadly in the right situations.
Personally I think that If you are playing a Spanish 1v1, no matter what strategy they are doing, a rush should put em away. Also Natives, which Ottoman Take advantage of more than any other civilisation can make them formidable Opponents to even the toughest civilisations including Russia and the extremely capable French.
Even though Jannisaries take a long time to rush, the unit that most people would never dream of rushing with is proving to cause quite a stir.
Abus GunZ!
Give these babies engineering school and a ship in 5 jannies to protect against horses makes these babies unstoppable.
Abus GunZ are also proving to be the latest anti rushers, put them behind a wall and they are UNSTOPPABLE!
50% resistance against range attacks and an awesome attack which is roughly double that of a longbow makes them great for holding off Strelets, musketeers, Jannisaries, Longbows, Pikes, xbows or dopplesoldners.
So yes, I will include a Rush strategy on the Abus GunZ and a little Micro Guide on killing enemy horses or melee infantry without the need for Jannisaries.

Alright now lets start with the original and one of the most effective rush strategies in the game.
Its IMO the first actual Strategy to be writing down in the game, and I’m talking about the time when this was being used against all those FF’rs and was working magic.
The Janissary Rush.
Since the patch people have been making 2 Raxes, this is NOT NECESSARY, not only does it not give you much more Jannisaries much faster, but by 9 minutes, it becomes useless since your food shipments have run out and u can only support one Rax Jan production.

Janissary Rush
Let me stress that you shouldn’t try this against a Dutch player (unless u got natives), British or especially Russian.

Order of cards
•3 Villagers
•5 Jannisaries
•700 Food
•600 food (700 wood if you want to start a fish boom or get some TP’s
•700 Coin
By now you should be aging to fortress.

Age 1

•Normal 400 wood, fast colonial start, if you do not know stop reading and look in the General Section.

Transition

3 villagers on coin, 2 forward, rest on food.

Age 2

•Gather the age up wood ASAP
•Build Rax and start pumping out Jannisaries ASAP
•Ship 5 Jannisaries ASAP
•As soon as you have 15 Janns, at around 6 minutes attack and move 2 food villagers to wood.

Overview
The point of moving the 2 wood villagers is because as the game increases in length you will need more houses, thus the wood villagers provide. This high siege early attack works marvellously against FF’rs especially Spanish.

Abus/Janissary

Firstly I’d like to thank My old friend Gambler_Justice who first taught me this strategy. Unfortunately he doesn’t play anymore, as he used to be a colonel and his rank has decayed greatly.
Anyway this strategy is not for the Spanish FF, it is low on siege, which means that you won’t get his TC down very early. It is designed to quite effectively hold off Russian, Dutch, British and Spanish Rushes.
Let’s get straight to the BO, here is what you can expect:

•Attack of 10 Jannisaries and 5 Abus at 6 minutes.
•Hard continuos attack of a mixture of Abus (or Grenadiers.) and Jannisaries which, with good micro, Can beat any other age 2 army.

Order of Shipments
•3 Villagers
•700 Wood
•700 food/coin
•600 Wood
•600 coin/food
•5 Jannisaries
•Upgrade cards, eg; Artillery attacks.

Age 1
•Normal 400 wood fast colonial Start.

Transition

•Put around ¾ coin to food ratio and 2 forward Settlers.

Age 2
•Gather the 400 wood ASAP and build a Rax
•Ship in 700 wood.
•Start training Jannisaries.
•When the wood comes in, build an art foundry, a house and another TP.
•Train a few Abus guns.

If the opponent has a high military defence then make more abus rather than jannies, if he has an outpost defence with walls ectr, go Grenadiers and Jannies

Overview
A strong, rather than fast attack insures you won’t let your opponent rest, or boom, while you shipment and TP boom back at home. Abus guns insure that other LI won’t be a problem and although Jannies can handle most HI by themselves Abus GunZ still Own HI. Remember to use that shipment of 600 wood on a mosque, another TP and a house.

End to the Rush Section
Rush is a strategy of its own calibre, But I hope you guys aint outta steam yet, cause we got two more sections to go, starting with the FI section.

FI, Power over Speed
Is FI really the future? Well we know one thing for sure, if anybody is dumb enough to leave you alone for 9-10 minutes they deserve to be smashed, and that’s what’s gonna happen, with up to 5 gr8 bombards + Jannies and Spahi storming their base.
The main foundation of the early army are the age up Spahi, age up hussars or abus, and the gr8 bombard shipments, as well as the Janns which are being pumped out continuously from your Rax.

Strengths of an FI
•Powerful attacks and economy
•Powerful shipments – both economic and Military
•Additional TC’s means more map control

When to use an FI
Virtually any time where your opponent is willing to leave you in peace for the first 10 minutes of the game. Usually Texas is the best position for an FI due to the free outposts and cows.

When NOT to use an FI
When you are up against a siege rusher, and an FI should NEVER be attempted on any map other than Texas when there is even a remote chance of a rush.

I’ll start with the traditional Ottoman FI, but with a twist.
The main problem was that you would run out of pop early, especially if you ship the unique church card, which in early Industrial is an absolute WASTE
So I have been experimenting of a card to use instead of unique church and have decided to use 1000 wood, thus providing you with a second TC, a mosque and another 3-4 houses if you chopped a lil.
This results in the same – if not STRONGER attack then in the traditional FI, and if your attack fails (unlikely) you can just boom at home by shipping in 2 factories and other economy cards like 2 TC wagons (if one TC was killed) or AA.
This raises another issue, most people would want to ship in a factory as your FIRST Age IV shipment, but this poses a problem. Mainly your opponent has left you in peace for around 10 minutes, which means that he must be doing something as well, eg; heavily booming or FI’ing himself. So this means you have to establish your dominance, and early. So shipping in 2 gr8 bombards is a MUST.
But remember, if you want a good FI time, you need the cows!!!
Order of Cards
•3 Villagers
•700 coin
•1000 coin
•1000 wood
•2 Gr8 bombards
•Factory
•Factory
•11 Jannisaries
•2 mortars
•9 CA

Age 1
•Normal 200 coin + 1 outpost start, ship 3 villagers, build a TP and a house, get tonnes of cows :P

Transition
•Make sure you got 100 coin, if not, gather it.
•Put all villagers on food.

Age 2
•Gather the 200 coin with 2 villagers and ship in 700 coin ASAP!
•Gather the 700 coin with all villagers in the area.
•Start advancing with the exiled prince.
•Send your outpost to a FB

Transition
•Gather 200 coin then put all villagers on hunts.

Age 3
•Ship 1000 coin ASAP
•Harvest them cows with all villagers!!!!
•Gather the 1000 coin ASAP and start aging with the Spahi poly.

Transition
Ship 1000 wood
Put 5 villagers on wood, 3 on coin, 2 forward rest on food.
When you have build 2 houses put your wood villagers on food
Train Jannisaries all this time.
When wood comes in, build a TC, a mosque and 2 houses (gather an extra 50 wood)
Upgrade millet system when you have enough food.

Age 4
•Ship in 2 gr8bombards ASAP and set the drop-off point at your forward Outpost.
•Shift a few more Villagers on gold till you can upgrade villager population.
•You should have around 10-15 Jannisaries by now, 3 Spahi and 2 Gr8bombards at 10:30 with 2 TC’s, a Factory on the way enough population to last a long time, and a booming economy.

Overview
As you can see, this Strategy is different to the other FI strategies posted here, on age community. My good friend Gambler wrote a strategy which included a the unique church card, but when I tried it out, I realised that I didn’t get any bombards/Jannisaries from the church till at least 11 minutes, and by that time I have either won or lost the game, and I had only one TC. So I came up with this, strong economy and great attack, I am proud of this strategy so tell me what you think.

iamgrunt’s FI strategy, first ever iamgrunt BO

This strategy is much similar to a normal FF, but with a twist, It boasts an early attack of 8 Jannisaries, might not sound like much but they can kill quite a few villagers in their time, they are designed to raid, not to get themselves killed by assaulting the TC or an outpost.
This is more of a semi-FI, boasting a 12-13 minute industrial time, but it comes with attacks, great economy and a good defence.
This comes from the awesome game, of only 2 iamgrunt records, of iamgrunt vs GloUk_ThE_BoSs where iamgrunt did a semi FI with ottomans and Glouk did a semi FI with French.
Ofcourse I’m not going to write all the way up to industrial, just give you the tips and tricks of getting to fortress, attacking, booming and then going to industrial is a good follow-up

Rough summary, im a little outta steam from writing all the other strats

Normal start, build 1 house and a tp, go up with 200 coin,
While your going up put around 5-7 on coin till you have 300 coin, then all on food.
As soon as you get up, queue 8 jannis (should be at the pop limit), gather the 200 coin and ship in 700 coin.
Use the 8 jannies to raid and keep them off herds, then ship in 700 food if u are still short of fortress age and after that 700 wood,
Go up with 4 hussars.
Forward build ur outpost and send 3 villagers forward, as in the FF strat above, build 5 houses + rax using the 700 wood.
Unbelievable it is easy to maintain a 8-8:20 fortress time WITHOUT the exiled prince, and when ur rax is up u can start training jannies, ship in 2 cannons, then ship in 8 jannies for Xtra seige to take down buildings, or u can ship in directly 1000 coin and go straight to industrial by around 12 minutes with a forward base and a mini raiding party!

If you dont wanna slow down ur opponent then just go for the traditional ottoman Gr8 bombard + unique church FI strat.

Miscellaneous Section

Other version of the IOR.

Order of cards
•ATP
•Silk Road
•700 wood
•700 food
•700 Coin
By now you should be aging to fortress.

Age 1

•Normal 400 wood, fast colonial start, if you do not know stop reading and look in the General Tips section. Ship in ATP instead of 3 villagers.

Transition

3 villagers on coin, 2 forward, rest on food.

Age 2

•Gather the age up wood ASAP
•Build Rax and start pumping out Jannisaries ASAP
•Ship Silk Road
•As soon as you have 15 Janns, at around 6 minutes attack and move 2 food villagers to wood.
•Ship 700 wood, gather it with all settlers, and get your explorer to start building posts.

Overview.
This is different because it delays your TP boom, by getting a slightly earlier attack, but in the end the overall result is the same.
Just Like to thank the original Creator of this, ultimitsu and Ender ward, you guys rock!

End to this guide,
Please post questions, criticisms and compliments so I can improve this guide to the best of my ability

[This message has been edited by VooDoo O_o (edited 10-07-2006 @ 03:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-07-06 05:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
Nice, should help alot of begginers, shame well be seeing more IOR lamers now

Welcome to democracy BITCH!
60% of the time it works every time
posted 10-07-06 05:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
Lol i aint a lamer, I just wanted to include my version because i think IOR is a category of its own, such as FF or FI, and deserves many different versions.
Ty for the compliment
posted 10-07-06 06:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
how long did it take for u to type that post?!!!
posted 10-07-06 07:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
umm a couple of hours I think, At the time I had no internet and the TV was out, was over 42 degrees Celsius outside so I had nothing better to do.
posted 10-07-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40  

Quote:

Ship in 700 wood ASAP and send 2 foods villagers to your forward outpost.
Set drop off point on outpost.

Is there someting wrong, because this was "Normal 400 wood start". Or do you mean that I build forward build Outpost by those 2 vills?

posted 10-07-06 12:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40  
IF you Put settlers in Op's THen they Do more Damage To army;D

I think That's What he meant...
I Think It was a bit hard to read and no Guide to how many settlers to build before age up ore nothing,i think it was poor detailed,But Anyways It was Very Good Strategies But i couldnt find Silk Road Rush..It's A Legend!

posted 10-07-06 09:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
looks pretty nice, great job

Eating is my business, and business is good.
posted 10-07-06 09:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 40  

Quoted from NSH Slazario:

and no Guide to how many settlers to build before age up ore nothing

Ottoman settlers are auto-que, like heavy cannon at the factory - they dont cost resources, they just spawn kinda slow and the Ottoman player needs to upgrade their spawn speed and build limit periodically. There is no "how many settlers to build before age up" because the Ottoman always ages up when he gets 800 food, since he doesnt spend it on villagers.

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

To see these studies for yourself, please click here."

~ Cy Marlayne

posted 10-08-06 08:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 40  
Ottoman Winter LOL...

Sorry, I just find that extremely funny.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 10-08-06 10:06 AM EDT (US)     10 / 40  
Oh sorry i forgot!;D
posted 10-09-06 02:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
the outpost is from your age-up

and yea LOSD1, Ottoman Winter is funny because i wanted a unique name for this guide.
Glad yall like it, I wont be able to check this much this week cause im on hoiday but I'll try to get on once every couple of days

posted 10-09-06 02:58 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40  

Quote:

the outpost is from your age-up

No, 400 wood is form age-up. "Age up with the 400 wood politician"

Ship in 700 wood ASAP and send 2 foods villagers to your forward outpost.

But good guide! Thanks.

[This message has been edited by vekarppe (edited 10-09-2006 @ 02:59 AM).]

posted 10-09-06 03:08 AM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
Which strategy are you referring too, I might have made a mistake?
posted 10-09-06 03:21 AM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
2nd one. I think it is Option 2 BO (but it doesnt read there), where you age up with 400 wood politician.
posted 10-09-06 03:23 AM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
ah yes i see, ill fix it as soon as i have time, right now i have 4:06 minutes before internet expires **typing fast**
posted 10-09-06 08:41 AM EDT (US)     16 / 40  

Quote:

Ottoman Winter is funny because i wanted a unique name for this guide.

Unfortunately TGE [url=http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,26523,,all]Beat you[/url

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 10-09-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)     17 / 40  

Quoted from VooDoo O_o:

Just Like to thank the original Creator of this, ultimitsu and Ender ward, you guys rock!

Umm ... what exactly did ultimitsu have to do with the IOR?

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 10-09-06 03:51 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40  

Quoted from Ender_Ward:

Umm ... what exactly did ultimitsu have to do with the IOR?

It took me a second to remember, but Ultimitsu was the first to provide a precise build order for the IOR many days after your initial article outlining the approach. Ultimitsu never credited himself as an inventor, though, referring instead to the "infamous" IOR (in fact, he credits you in his article.)

I would like to be credited as the first to freak out and cry about IOR and insist that Silk Road is bugged.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style

[This message has been edited by Beatnik Joe (edited 10-09-2006 @ 03:54 PM).]

posted 10-09-06 04:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
On the very first page of the Inexhaustible Ottoman Rush thread I posted this:

Quoted from Ender_Ward:

1. Only send ATP if you can claim more than 2 trade posts on the map, or if you're playing Spanish (for obvious reasons).

3 Villagers
(ATP if #1 is true)
5 Janissaries
Silk Road
700 wood
700 food

And up to you from here on out.

3. The 400 age up wood is used on a forward barracks and stage coach. As you guys correctly surmised, 700 wood (910 really) is used on the second barracks.

And you remember the whole thing I posted about how IOR only has a very basic build order, but that you have to vary significantly based on civ/map/circumstances starting with the very first Colonial shipment?
From my perspective, that ultimitsu's thread you are referring to was nothing but an excuse to lament on how overpowered the strategy is.

And sure, you can be credited with being the first to really freak out about it. Though a dubious honour it may be.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 10-09-06 04:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
Ender, step away from the computer, go sit outside on a nice day, and think about how IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Besides, you know how long your threads get. It is easy to miss the BO you posted.

P.S. sorry if I offended you. :P

~·························································~
ESO: F1RÉ_FLÝ
~·························································~
posted 10-09-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
I'm sure it would surprise you to know that I just came back from working in my backyard for almost 3 hours (new home, lost of things to do). This is rest.

posted 10-10-06 01:15 AM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
Yea Stonewall, I know but thats for russians

Ender ward, i know you made it but ultimitsu made the first BO for it, but don't worry, your still a legend, without it ottos would be super weak

posted 10-10-06 11:22 AM EDT (US)     23 / 40  
Thanks Voodoo O_o the first FF strategy (the agressive one) has been my main strategy for the last 12 hours and I'm 3-0 with it. Much appreciated.

Smoke Rings Award Winner
Chill with me.
posted 10-10-06 11:32 AM EDT (US)     24 / 40  
BTW, VooDoo, I forgot to mention that this looks like a very good guide... good coverage of several options. I would put IOR above the FF as the bread-and-butter Ottoman strat, though. Quite frankly, it is a monster and I believe it should be used by Ottoman players whenever possible (until it gets nerfed, if that is its destiny.)

Something else that would be handy is coverage of the excellent Ottoman water boom. An Ottoman with a couple of docks going can be extremely effective as well.

Quoted from Ender_Ward:

From my perspective, that ultimitsu's thread you are referring to was nothing but an excuse to lament on how overpowered the strategy is.

Yep, I think ultimitsu might even agree with your assessment there. The credit (and blame) for IOR rests squarely on your shoulders.

Quoted from VooDoo O_o:

No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country - Me

This seems familiar.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." - Major General George Patton

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 10-10-06 01:10 PM EDT (US)     25 / 40  

Quoted from VooDoo O_o:

ultimitsu made the first BO for it

Again, no:

Quoted from Ender_Ward:

1. Only send ATP if you can claim more than 2 trade posts on the map, or if you're playing Spanish (for obvious reasons).

3 Villagers
(ATP if #1 is true)
5 Janissaries
Silk Road
700 wood
700 food

And up to you from here on out.

3. The 400 age up wood is used on a forward barracks and stage coach. As you guys correctly surmised, 700 wood (910 really) is used on the second barracks.

People asked for, and were given a build order on the very first page of the IOR thread. Hence my question as to what ultimitsu had to do with the IOR, other than repeatedly calling it overpowered, broken, etc.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » An Ottoman Winter - A beginners Guide to the Ottoman
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames