You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Big Button Aztec Rush
posted 10-22-06 01:01 AM EDT (US)   
This is a really basic Aztec rush that requires cards that are available at level 1, and can still be pulled off very effectively. As far as I can tell, it works really well vs. Sioux and devastatingly well vs. Spanish, who will be destroyed if they FF and have no good counter (other than natives, which varies by map) in colonial. Anyways....

Useful (but not required cards):

3 villagers
10 macehualtins
700 wood

Required cards:

(at least) 9 macehualtins

The B.O.:

1. Task 3 villies on crates, 2 on hunts, and queue up a couple of villies. Ideally, for this strat you start out with 300 wood. If not, this strat might not be the best idea.
2. Build a firepit and a house. Task the warrior priest on the firepit with the Fertility dance.
3. Age up with no more than 17 villagers with the Warrior, who sends a skull knight (this is important, so that you have enough pop space upon arrival in colonial) at about 3:30.
4. Switch to the Gift Dance.
5. Task 10 villagers on wood until you have 250 wood, Send two villies to make a forward warhut, and have it completed by the time you reach colonial.
6. Set all villagers to food until you have 450 food.
7. When you have 450 food, switch one more than half to gold.
8. Ship macehualtin and research the big button tech Scouting Party found on the TC.
9. After these two shipments arrive at the forward base, ship Raiding Party for 450 food and 450 gold.
10. At 6:00, you should have 10 macehualtins, one skull knight, and 9 jaguar prowlers. Your next shipment should be 700 wood, because you will be badly housed.

11. From there you can:
a) Spam coyote runners, because the smart opponent will counter your initial force with light infantry.
b) Ship War Party (12 jaguar prowlers) with excess food, gold, and wood.
c) Set villagers to the firepit on the Fertility Dance and boom.

The Rec:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=992

GL, HF Aztec Players!

Replies:
posted 10-22-06 02:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Thanks for the ideas, haven't tried rushing with Aztec yet but it sounds good.
posted 10-22-06 12:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
It's a good strat. I saw someone at AgeSanctuary do it and I use it a lot myself. Aztec units just look so cool.
posted 10-26-06 08:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
I've been doing this as well but I think your build order looks better than mine! I've found that it's still a bit hard to get it to work against Cetan Warbow spammage, but it's quite a slick move to have ready vs. other civs.

Have you found that this works well against light infantry-heavy civs such as Russia? (Light infantry in the classic sense, such as strelets.)

Thanks for sharing this build order.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 10-26-06 08:31 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
Oh! By the way, the Jaguar big button helped me overcome agents in an earlier match (though I used it a bit less efficiently than this build order.) I doubt it was cost effective, but at least it seemed to give me a fighting chance.

If you see someone decking the agent card, this seems like a good strategy to at least consider. What else are you gonna do anyway?

Strategies:
posted 10-26-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Can you tell us how many vills best to put on firepit in different time of that build order ?

It's really cool to get age 3 units out at age 2..

[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/Wilson@5@81@1@aoe3x@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
posted 10-26-06 12:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
On the firepit I suggest using the warrior priests. Ten of them dancing is much more efficient than using vils.
posted 10-26-06 07:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
Only the warrior priest should be on the firepit, throughout the whole B.O., unless you try to boom.

Surprisingly enough, I have found this strategy very effective against the Sioux, as long as it is quick. If they have enough time to get ten cetans instead of five by the time you attack, it is likely that they will have little trouble defeating your force. Also, in terms of sieging, war hut>>>>>>>>>>>>>>t c.

Haven't played any European civs with this strat yet, but I think it would be a little too slow against civs with strong colonials.

[This message has been edited by radradrobotanks (edited 10-26-2006 @ 07:28 PM).]

posted 10-26-06 07:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  

Quoted from radradrobotanks:

Also, in terms of sieging, war hut>>>>>>>>>>>>>>t c.

Do you mean that the war hut is a preferable target to attack rather than the TC?

Strategies:
posted 10-26-06 11:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
posted 10-27-06 02:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
I've been practicing this strategy in single player for a while and I can't get anywere near reaching colonial age at 3:30 whilst making 17 villagers, I don't even think its possible. if it is any advice?
posted 10-29-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
I meant hit the button at 3:30, age by 5:00 with a warhut.
posted 10-29-06 02:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
posted 10-29-06 04:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
u could also add a maya, zapotec or spanish mercenary shipent. cause only 500 coin and in age 2

i just tried this strat in 2v2 my ememies were both iroquios.i had 11 spanish guys in deck. and i pwned both guys while my ally defended. within 20min we won.

this is an awsome strat good job

(originally stronghold8 but forgot pass so now stronghold_82)

my friend got raped by a cow

[This message has been edited by stronghold_82 (edited 10-29-2006 @ 06:00 PM).]

posted 10-30-06 12:51 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
hey, how is your build order ?

Team game always about rush, does your Jag. and 500 gold merc. come out early enough to help your teammate ? Otherwise will be 2 vs 1 in front.

Are those Jag. better wait u got all 21 then go attack ? otherwise easier got killed if small amount 3 + 6

[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/Wilson@5@81@1@aoe3x@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Big Button Aztec Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames