Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Iroquois War Party!
posted 10-29-06 08:47 PM EDT (US)   
Iroquois War Party!

Strat outline: Build up an army using the first Town Center big button technology, while building 10 Tomahawks to compliment them. Sending Town Destroyer enables your Warchief to perform a siege attack of over 220.

Required Cards:
- 3 Villagers (2 works, but delays the rush)
- Town Destroyer

Highly Recommended Cards:
- 7 Aennas
- 6 Aennas
- 6 Tomahawks
- 4 Kanya Horsemen
- 5 Villagers
- High Chief

Build Order:
1.Send your travois forward, and get it as close as possible to your opponents second set of hunts or mine. Build a Warhut.
2.4 Villagers to food crates, 1 to herd your nearest huntables. Build one longhouse.
3.Build 6 Villagers
4.First card: 3 Villagers
5.You will have some idle TC time before you have 800 food, but don't worry.
6.When 800 food comes in, click to age up and select the Fast Age politician.
7.While advancing, if you have 250 wood, great, keep all villagers on food. If you didn't happen to find a wood treasure, you will need to put some villagers on wood in order to train Tomahawks upon aging. I normally use four villagers on wood. (Aim to click Colonial by 3:10). Age with 14 villagers.
8.Age up travois builds a firepit.
9.Second card: Town Destroyer
10.Using your forward warhut, build a total of 10 tomahawks. Send your WarChief and any converted guardians to the warhut.
11.You now have 10 Tomahawks and a Town Destroyer Warchief at 5:10. You will probably have about 200 food if you had villagers on wood, about 300 if you had all villagers on food. From now, you can either attack at 5:10 with your army or choose to wait until 5:40 and research Iroquois Scouting Party.
12. Research Iroquois Scouting Party, the big button technology at the Town Center. Have them come out at your warhut. Attack!
13.Send as many villagers as you can spare to your firepit. They should be doing the WarChief dance to boost hitpoints.
14.Go for their Town Center and raid villagers. If you go directly for their Town Center, it takes around 10 siege attacks for your 15 tomahawks and your WarChief to destroy the town center. The town center can be down at 6:30 or earlier if done properly without any suprises
15.From now on, It's up to you to. I generally like to send 7 Aennas or 4 Kanya Horsemen to immobilze any other remaining parts of their army. If they refuse to give up, sit back and boom to Industrial and build Light Cannons. That'll show 'em.

Please critique and help me improve it.

Orignally posed on gr.org by me

Replies:
posted 10-29-06 09:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
you could send 6 tomas...population warranting, who have proabably abotu the same siege as the war cheif with that card, plus more regular attack and cant all be killed by minutemen so fast.

thats just a thought, im not sure on the actual numbers.

posted 10-29-06 10:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
Thats a possiblity, insead using the age up travois for a Longhouse instead of the Firepit.

But you dont get as much siege attack. (20x6=120 compared to the Warchief's 1000HP - 230 seige attack).

posted 10-30-06 05:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
a very well written strat and i like the inclusion of the card icons, nice touch.

i agree with hellblazer i think i'd use the age up trav for a longhouse rather than a FP. i don't think the FP is that useful so early in the game and having vills not gathering really hurts your early eco. more so because you've aged on only 14 vills, chose messenger and have selected a big button which stalls vill production so your eco has been damaged enough already.

the town destroyer card as opposed to the 6 tmhk is putting all your eggs in 1 basket but as long as you can take down the enemy rax and MM quickly i cant see too many problems.

i'd be hesitant to use a 100% tmhk rush against other natives as if they also do a fast age and spam archers you could be in trouble. but against euro civs it looks pretty good to me.

posted 10-30-06 03:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
Against other natives I usually send 4 Kanya as my 2nd colonial card after 6 Tom, this helps clean up any Cetan or Mace.

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.
posted 10-30-06 04:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
seems like a cool strat, as i've been trying out the iroquois ill have to try it out sometime.

ESO: JarlNick

Want to talk OP? AOE3 Abus Guns at release were nightmares. But I knew how to take care of them! Beware my Culverins you artillery bastards! Oh wait...- MNBob

posted 10-30-06 08:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
Good strat I used it and it works well...

Minutemen can be a problem though sometimes for me, but minutemen alone don't stop the TC from going down, only when there are other enemy units around.

I was just wondering if you still make villagers while you rush?

posted 10-31-06 03:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  

Quoted from Tonym81:

I was just wondering if you still make villagers while you rush?

Most certainly. Always make vills whenever possible.

posted 06-10-07 03:08 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
well i do a rush simalir to this, at 5:10 i have 11 tomas and a normal war chief, the difference is i age with 17 vils for better eco and send 6 tomas instead of town destroyer first but town destroyer will be my next card.
posted 06-10-07 04:23 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
Never seen a bump that bad before, reviving a year+ old thread?

Clan: iMaGe / Elo: Here / Favourite Civs: German & Sioux.
posted 06-10-07 05:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
Woo 8 month old thread ftw!

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 06-10-07 06:11 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
Lol Widget.

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
posted 07-17-07 11:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
Bump! good strat. =]
posted 07-18-07 00:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
Was it really necessary to commit forum necromancy just to say this?

Oh wait, I confused month with year again...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited 07-18-2007 @ 00:15 AM).]

posted 07-18-07 02:21 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
lol it was origionally posted on my 21st bday! where 10 police and 3 ambulances came to my house because of big fight right when girls started making out naked what a blower
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames