You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Germany vs Sioux
posted 11-17-06 09:04 AM EDT (US)   
Is there any way to counter the Cetan Spam while playing Germany? I've just played 3 opponents using it and I lost 3 times. I think Germany's colonial is too weak to fight it, but since I'm not an expert, I decided to ask you guys.
Replies:
posted 11-17-06 09:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
Although I haven't played the Xpack yet, cant you try FFing? Sioux units doesn't seem to have a decent siege, so I suppose a good FF still works.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 11-17-06 04:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
You should be able to FF since Germany can be hitting the age up button to age 3 before the Sioux player has anything near formidable to attack you with. That's the advantage against Russian players and Native civs (unless they use fast age up politician), since they advance rather late, you have a 30 second advantage or "safe-zone" which you can use to FF.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 11-17-06 10:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Spies and uhlans seem to do the trick coupled with crossbows.
posted 11-18-06 01:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
Ya don't you get ulhans. I mean combined with a few other things you shouldnt do too bad.
posted 11-18-06 03:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
The problem with uhlans is that they always get killed faster than they can kill. And that is without them using War Clubs or Axe Riders. Axe Riders are also a pain to your xbows.

I haven't really tried spies. They don't seem useful to me, as they mostly have their war chief nearby, and mostly, I lack the wood to build a church.

posted 11-18-06 07:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
spies are warchief and explorer killers... damn do I hate them... and my warchief keeps trying to be macho and leading the battle... and I always have to keep him back behind the tomahawks and Aennas...

but remember... Souix warchief will probably be fighting in the front, so spies are great

posted 11-19-06 03:30 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
But how much does getting his warchief down help? The Cetans are the problem, not the War Chief. Spending 250 wood and about 500 gold doesn't seem to be worth it just to kil their war chief.
posted 11-19-06 03:35 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
i would agree with mediolanus germans colonial is just to weak against Cetan spams. They need a boost
posted 11-19-06 07:08 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
just FF. German is probably the strongest civ in fortress besides spain (without shipment slowness they would be strongest) so a good FF will probably work, specially if you use TTC.

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
posted 11-21-06 05:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
@Mediolanus. 5 spies shipment combined with the 9 crossbow gives germany an 18 unit army without training a single unit. Versus Sioux I usually use 9 crossbow, then 5 spies cards. Pikes are pretty good lversus warcubs(age 2 anyway); the combined 5 spies and 4 uhlans work well because they engage the cetan in melee while the crossbows pick them off. The spies seem to do pretty well versus the cetans on their own anyway. The largest problem I've run into is sioux raids; the 4 axe rider shipment combined with the outlaw shiment makes for a hard time attacking the sioux village. You're forced to use your already late rush to defend your settlers against raiders, and can't get the offense into his village to cause any damage to his econ. By the time you get up an army large enough to attack, or kill off his raiders, he's got a pretty good defense in his town from the renegado shipment.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Germany vs Sioux
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames