Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Portuguese Fast-Industrial
posted 03-19-07 06:31 AM EDT (US)   
The Portuguese Fast Industrial

The following is strategy I have created, originally using it in Treaty games, but have decided that with a few tweaks, it could be viable in Rush games also. Let it be known however, that I do not generally play 1v1s. Think of it logically. Why would anyone use their limitless skill to crush 1 measly person, when they can crush 4? But if your one of those “giving” people we hear about, you’re also making 3 other people’s day, by contributing to one of their rare wins.

Back to the topic at hand, a Fast-Industrial from the "Philosophical Portuguese".

The Basic idea is to do a normal FF with 14vills, having also got a TP, and then sending 1000 gold and food(although food is optional) to advance again. After reaching industrial by 10mins, you then send powerful military shipments and use your 4 tcs to catch up economically.

AGE I

1. One Villager herds, and rest gather crates.
2. Put all vills on food, and build vills until you have
3. Age up with 500 food Politician.
4. Send Colonial Militia

Note: Keep your explorer active. Gather as much xp from treasures as possible, and make use of his spyglass ability.

During AGE Up

1. Put 10 vills on wood, until you have gathered 150 wood.
Use this and your remaining 100 starting wood to build a
TP.
2. Put all vills back on food until you have 700
3. Queue 2 Villagers

AGE II

1. Place TC in a defensive position, so that both TCs can
Fire at people attacking either one fo them.
2. Send 700 Gold
3. When you have gathered 700 food, send 3 vills to gather
crates, and put rest on Gold.
4. Age up with Fast Politician when you have enough.

During AGE Up

1. Create 2-3 vills
2. Put all vills on food until you have 1200, after
building your vills

AGE III

1. After gathering the food, put all vills to gold until
you have 200. Place tc in defensive position.
2. Send in 1000 gold and food, and age up with whichever
politician suits your situation best.
3. you can now distrubute your vills in an ordinary fasion,
accustomed to whatever units you will be making.

When you reach age 4, you can send 16 musks, 12 Cassadores or 8 Goons if you need military support, or send factories to help boost eco. Your colonial militia tcs will defend againstv most early rushes, and your colonial militia themselves can help crush larger ones.

I use this is team games alot, and it is quite successful. I would like it if people ( selfish people ) could predict wheter it would be successful in 1v1s also.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: After having the pleasure of playing HG's JamesLock and DarthMalak, I got my hands on a record of my strat. Note that I did not yet have the 1000 food card, and so my time was delayed until 10:30, but I did send a fort for defence instead. Here it is:

Portuguese FI

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008

[This message has been edited by LordPatrick18 (edited 03-20-2007 @ 05:00 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-19-07 07:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
Sounds good but i would use 6 cassadors option to age 3. build 2 vills in age 2 and age with 1000 coin for age 4 use the 1000 coin + 500 u mine for mecentilisim. Also ship 2 heavy cannons im pretty sure ports have it. And with mercentilisim u can ship loads of age 4 army cards fast and quickly get to gether a powerfull army. 2 heavy cannons 12 cassadors 8 goons is a good army. + 6 cassadors u might still have alive from ageing to age 3. But ignoreing what i said i think its pretty good.

[This message has been edited by RiPP (edited 03-19-2007 @ 07:11 AM).]

posted 03-19-07 12:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
I'd say you're too defenseless to use it in 1v1.
posted 03-19-07 12:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
The 6 cassadores I suppose is a viable choice, but it means you will age up around 10.30 instead of 9.30.

And I suppose you're right Mediolanus, in 1v1s, you are very defenceless, but 2/3 colonial militia tcs are very strong, and the colonial militia are useful aswell, so I think you should be alright against most rushes, but a FF attack with canons would be a problem, but I wouldn't worry too much about regular colonial armies. You could also send a Fortress card to help, as this way you will only have 1 shipment upon arriving in AGE IV

posted 03-19-07 12:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
In my oppinion a Portuguese FF should not be about insane speed, as they get not benefits from it. You might get to Age IV with not a single shipment to spare, not enough economy to pump out Settlers out of 4 TCs or maybe even call Colonial Militia when you needs them. Either way, I'm not used to FI, but I'd try to get at least 2 TPs + Stagecoach in Age 2, age up with 6 Cassadores and just send the 1000 Food card. Although its considerably slower, you'd have a much better economy and way more shipments

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 03-19-07 12:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
since you seem to have planned this for team games, play with an ottoman teammate, and have him send Silk road. If you're lucky there will be enough TP for you to build as well as him, and you'll make it to industrial even faster with the gigantic crates. You won't need to gather any gold if you snag a treasure or two with gold!

Currently retired from AOE3... moved on to LOTRO... yeah an MMO... but a fun one!
Hockey fan for Life:
"I believe the Canucks of Vancouver are formidable warriors." -Teal'c, Stargate SG-1
posted 03-19-07 01:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
@Walker

I understand what you're saying. But you DO have a shipment to spare upon arriving in AGE IV, 2 if you didn't send AGE III military reinforcements. If they rushed, you do have the resources to bring out colonial militia, but it will slow your AGE IV time. And the 3 tcs can crush most rushes on their own. I would only really bring out colonial militia if they had a large force of pikes, or have brought falcs aswell, as then your 2 tcs take a combined 3 shots ( i think ) to kill each one. You may be economically behind, but you can still produce vills constantly from 3 tcs, but this will limit military produce to just 1 barracks. Also, you can send factories to help. But I will take your TP advice into account, but usually i would get an ally to upgrade the Trade Route if I can.

I was inspired to make this after playing a 1v1 ( yes, I'm not all for giving ) with Omnizero, and my Cossacks + musks were crushed by his 3 Colonial militia TCs. He did not go to Ind., but i did in order to get mortars, which were the only thing which could harm his tcs. Falcs didn't destroy half of 1, before being killed.

posted 03-20-07 02:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
great post
posted 03-20-07 02:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
I don't like it because of the fact you will probably have 20 settlers in industrial. I hate when my eco blows and i can't build vils.

subliminal messages
Can you find it...?

Chuck Norris.

posted 03-20-07 10:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
That is the disadvantage of this strat sleak, But 2 factories/1600 food should provide food a plenty to spam vills. In team games, I generally send 1000 team wood, and use it to build 2 mills and a barracks. Gather another 400 wood and you're sorted for food for the time being. But even if you don't send 1600 food, in 3 mins, you've already caught up economically, through 3/4 tcs.

[This message has been edited by LordPatrick18 (edited 03-20-2007 @ 05:02 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The Portuguese Fast-Industrial
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames