Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Russian Raid Squad
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-10-07 08:34 AM EDT (US)   
I've tried to come up with a russian strat that is rather flexible and can be used in most situations
(warning: resource-management is very tight)

target @ 7.20 - 7.30:
* 20 musketeers
* 9 cossacks
* 23 villagers
* 1 or 2 shipment(s) available

age I:
-pick up crates with all vills, try to queue the first batch @ 10sec!
-1 builds a house, rest hunts
-queue up to 17 vils (last 3 go straight on wood)
-find treasures, easy gold ones are very useful!
-age up with 400 wood politician
-fwd 1 villy
-save 1st shipment

transition:
-you need to gather up to 350 wood for your blockhouse and a house, so put 14-15 vills on wood!
-you have 40 sec to get the 250 wood for the BH to have it up before aging
-as soon as you got the BH and a house, put 3-5 on gold (depends on how much you found/started with), rest on food
-queue 3 vills

age II:
-queue 5 musketeers
-ship 5 cossacks & 4 cossacks
-gather wood with 1 vill and make houses

you should be able to make 20 musks and still produce vills non-stop

try to raid and harras as much as possible with your army, cossacks go after vils, musks can try to take down a house

you will have probably 2 shipments ready, usually I go for 700 food/gold and age up, but if you want more pressure, ship 13 strelets

*Alterna'tive build*
this one is much easier to perform
-ship 300 wood in age I (saves up time, less chopping is needed)
you'll achieve the same things with 1 shipment less but can afford to get up a market in the transition to age II and do the food/gold upgrades
It's also much easier to get the BH up on time

It's different from the usual strelet spams
Hope it helps a bit

cheers

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."
Replies:
posted 04-10-07 09:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 29  
I suggest wood trickle rather than 300w. You still have to chop, but it's like 2.5 villies chopping, I think.
posted 04-10-07 09:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 29  
Sounds interesting.
But I'd also use wood trickle and I'd send 2 or 3 vills to build a forward base.
BHouses don't build that fast and if you get seen making it, you'd be preety screwed.

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
posted 04-10-07 10:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 29  
Try useing wood trickle it really will help. MusketKing SAID, "2 or 3 vills to build a forward base.BHouses don't build that fast and if you get seen making it, you'd be preety screwed." That's why you don't build them in some corner of them map not the middle..
posted 04-10-07 11:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 29  
That's why you don't build them in some corner of them map not the middle..

Sorry I don't understand what you just said.
Do you mean you should build them in the corner of the map rather than the middle?
Because I don't agree with that, one of the advantages of Russia having outpost/barracks in one, is that it can be used to gain easy map control, like a warhut.
So I wouldn't waste it by putting it in a corner.

After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

Mine and Micky's OPness
posted 04-10-07 11:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 29  
In this strat, I dont like the trickle card
or you go with 300w to get the rax up fast, or you save up a card (could be 700 w > trickle)
see it this way: if u could ship 2.5 vills, would you leave em on wood when you don't need it?

when I plan on spamming strelets, I value the trickle card much higher

concerning the fwd villy, 1 is usually enough, but you can have 2 instead, doesnt matter much
fact is that with 2vills, the build time of a BH is not much faster

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

[This message has been edited by Zongo (edited 04-10-2007 @ 11:23 AM).]

posted 04-10-07 12:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 29  
Well even if I'm not making a unit that requires resource X I'd still have a few vills on it, for upgrades or if I need to change units.
1 is usually enough, but you can have 2 instead, doesnt matter much
fact is that with 2vills, the build time of a BH is not much faster

Yeah...only twice as fast.

Mine and Micky's OPness
posted 04-10-07 12:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 29  
Okay let me say it again so you can under stand it.

First any body who explorers the map constantley will find and destroy it right away.

Second If you build your BH some where close to your enemys city, but out sight of his buildings then you will retain some element of surprise.

posted 04-10-07 12:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 29  
When i tush as Russia (musket or strelet) i always send 3-4 villagers for forward base, cuase it builds very quik, and i ahve 4 villagers near ifi want to build another BlockHpuse or a stable.

but now as Russia i usually FI, (strategy coming soon!)

posted 04-10-07 01:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 29  
Eagerly awaiting good Russian FI strat.

Thank you Eicho...............

posted 04-10-07 01:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 29  
Yeah...only twice as fast.

unfortunately that's not the case
you obviously are just guessing
1 vil = 50sec
2 vils = 40sec

edit: 3&4 vils are both close to 30sec

[This message has been edited by Zongo (edited 04-10-2007 @ 01:28 PM).]

posted 04-10-07 01:33 PM EDT (US)     11 / 29  
That's why you don't build them in some corner of them map not the middle..

I dont believe most maps have corners

Edit: Nice strat... im thinking about starting Russia, but I only have a level 8 hc right now. I usually only use it in the very few games i play with a friend who just bougth the game a few weeks ago

[This message has been edited by Bastiaan (edited 04-10-2007 @ 01:34 PM).]

posted 04-10-07 01:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 29  
thx Bastiaan
you don't really need a high HC lvl, and you could replace the 5 cossack with the 13 strelets (ship 4 cossacks first though)

posted 04-10-07 02:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 29  
Bastiaan WRITES:
"I dont believe most maps have corners" No, but all maps have nooks and cranys.
posted 04-10-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 29  
Nooo, Circles don't have nooks or crannys!

Might be an interesting alternative to strelet rush, since most people will see the blockhouse and naturally assume strelets with cossacks, only to be run over by muskets and cossacks.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 04-10-07 04:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 29  
unfortunately that's not the case
you obviously are just guessing
1 vil = 50sec
2 vils = 40sec

Oh really?
Well I was just guessing/presuming that was the case sor I apoligise ;-).
But like Eicho says 3-4 is better than one imo.
Because if your initial rush fails you can then turn your forward base into a bigger base with outposts stable multiple b house etc and gain massive area control.

Mine and Micky's OPness
posted 04-10-07 06:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 29  
nothing prevents you from sending some more vills later on
early on, I like to max the productivity of each vil

posted 04-10-07 06:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 29  
Actually I like that to.
posted 04-22-07 11:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 29  
how ironic, I had some1 do this to me today (I played as french)
I wanted to do my usual hussar FF but spotted on time the musks, I cancelled my hussar production and aged to III instead (and shipped xbows). I probably would have lost otherwise
I lost a few cbd to the cossack raiding but skirms from age up and shipment pushed back the rush

posted 07-09-07 08:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 29  
yes, but i normally play as brits an' my muskets slaughter cossacks, an' longbows slaughter muskets, an' hussars wipe out against villagers, where do you stop that from happening. but, streltsy (plural for strelets) are worse, just use melee.

edit: or do you do something different in age 3?

the evolution of an infantrymans weapon
_
--> ~ -|-- ~ < ) - ~ -) - ~ =,=,- ~ |_|
(a computer connected to the satellite network to call for laser strikes on enemy positions)

[This message has been edited by lupine (edited 07-09-2007 @ 08:02 PM).]

posted 07-09-07 08:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 29  
It's not a bad strategy or anything...but I think it's probably not as good as Russian rush. A good British or French player could have an equal number of musks by that time, and would be quite capable of fending off that attack. Not to mention, that they would possible have a stronger economy.

Then, since your musks can't hold their own against their upgraded British counterpart, that would be another problem later on.

Like I said, this isn't a bad strategy, and actually...it would probably do quite well against a playrer who is used to the Rush...but I think that in the long run, a strelet spam would be more effcient. But, if you find more success using it, then by all means

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 07-10-07 05:10 AM EDT (US)     21 / 29  
it's not really a rush tbh, its more a way to keep pressure while maintaining your eco growth and still being flexible to adapt to the situation

massing musks vs russia is really risky, as most will spam strelets, but if you encounter HI, ship 13 strelets and start making some more

posted 07-10-07 08:52 AM EDT (US)     22 / 29  
This sounds like fun! Those cossack shipments are quite good, so I like the idea of finding a way to use them very quickly.

The one unfortunate thing is that Russia's muskets train more slowly than they should (given their cost and power.) If this was sped up a bit, I think this would become even stronger.

Eicho, a Russian FI? Sounds interesting! When do we get to hear more?

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 08-31-07 11:38 AM EDT (US)     23 / 29  
Well there's way more better strats out there your kinda slow......
posted 08-31-07 11:40 AM EDT (US)     24 / 29  
Wow, that's really a way to reanimate a 5 months old topic!
posted 08-31-07 01:05 PM EDT (US)     25 / 29  
Bumping is spam, and can get you banned. If you're bringing up an old discussion, at least pretend that your reply is useful somehow.
Well there's way more better strats out there your kinda slow......
Actually, you're the only one slow here

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Russian Raid Squad
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames