Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Sioux SAFF
posted 08-21-07 05:12 PM EDT (US)   
The Sioux Semi Axe Rider FF
By Cookie

Ever find those dutchies and their 4 Bank FF was OP? Me too. here is an example of me getting my but whooped by a good dutch player. What could I have done to win?

Raid, Raid, Raid. My military was out too late, and the dutchie’s vills were playing far away from the tc. So that’s why I devised the Sioux SAFF, or Semi-Axe Rider FF. Due to the Slow ageup of the Dutch while doing such a strategy (4 bank FF), he is vulnerable to, not rushes (colonial militia), but raids. If you keep his vills garrisoned, cooped up in his tc, he wont be gathering resources to
A)Get to Fort
B)Get to fort with a decent economy
C)Make those OP banks

In this strategy you will be learning how to build 9 axe riders, FF soon thereafter, and Mass Axe riders to overwhelm the dutchie. You would be surprised to see how easy it is to win this way.

Cards
[JPEG, (188.09 KB)]

-------<Alright to begin!>--------

Discovery
•Standard 15 Vill colonial
•GOLD TREASURES are most important, with food behind that. IF you didn’t start out with 200 wood, consider getting a 60 wood treasure to help that out.
•Age up with the 500 food politcian
•Scout to make sure the dutchie isn’t pike rushing you.

transition
•Shift several vills to gold, to get a total of 500 gold.
•Collect enough wood for a stable (100 wood start 4-5 vills is enough)

Colonial
•Queue 1 vill, collect 500 food
•Build stable ASAP, queue 5 axe riders, or queue 1-4, and get to five later.
•Ship 4 axe riders
•You should be left with 500-200 (gold for axe)= 300 gold. Next card is 700 gold.
•By this time switch all vills to food, and maybe 1-2 on anything else to cover other things such as markets, TPs, et cetra.
•Use your WC+9 axes to raid the hell out of him, keep him garrisoned in his tc for at least a minute total. Run in, hit his vills, run out, run back in to force a garrison… He should be on berries by now because he is so scared of your cav!
•Get any xp treasures that were too big for you to get previously, or curer des bois treasures et cetra.
•Once you get 1200 food and 700 gold shipped and collected, age up with the wise woman (buffalo). (feel free to get 4 axe or 1k food politician too if you like)
transition
•Put 2-4 vills on gold, build axe riders, raid him to death once again (check far off mines from his base too)
•Gather wood for a TP
•Scout for anything he might have done, foreword vills, a barracks or stable, arty foundry.
•Gather 200 wood + 100 gold for axe rider upgrade
•Possibly 100 wood for firepit

Fortress

•Continue to queue axes, get elite upgrade
•Once you have around 20 axes, send a converted guardian out to scout as to when your dutch opponent will attack. Be sure to split up axes into two groups, one to flank and one to attack head on. (or from left and right)
•You NEED to catch the ryuters off guard, so that they cannot be microed. Microed ryuters> axe, but ONLY microed. In hand to hand, ryuters lose.
•Also feel free to ship 9 wakina or build a warhut near some hunts and queue some Wakina.
•Once you defeat his initial attack force, rush in to siege dance his stables. Bring on the Wakina spam afterwards.

Well, that’s it... if anyone gets any records of trying it feel free to post them, I haven’t really tested this out much as of now, if I get any records ill post them up!

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Replies:
posted 08-21-07 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
This is exactly what I do every game, aside from the elite axes.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 08-21-07 05:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
dont forget to have that card that turns all AR into RR somewhere, in case of emergency... they own all of AR's counters.
posted 08-21-07 05:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Well then snoopy, it doesnt seem to have served you that well...

This is only advisable against a dutch FFing opponent. Against russia, just do a standard FF for the 9 wakina card and 2 raxes.

aztec will just pike rush you with maces and jaguars

brits this might be helpfull against

But the only reason i made up this strategy is for use against dutch foes. Many at my level dont really spam halbardiers, they go Ryuters+cannon/skirm, which is easily annihalated by pure axe with a bit of wakina backup.

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 08-21-07 06:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Nah, I really think it has been working well for me, because raiding works hurts, no matter who the opponent is. The great thing is, if he rushes you, you can run the pikes arround and put him in his base, untill you get to fortress and wipe him out.
This really is a good strategy.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 08-21-07 06:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Yeah I do this strat a lot too, it's very good, especially vs russian. They can't really do much about it. If they stay in colonial and go muskets, distract them with AR until you reach fortress for 5 rifle riders or 9 wakinas.

They can't do anything

EDIT: Imo vs dutch this isn't best strat, its a delayed FF with quick club rush first to house him, retreat and go fortress. Or you could go FI seph style

Previously known as MoNo Ager

[This message has been edited by George_uk (edited 08-21-2007 @ 06:51 PM).]

posted 08-21-07 11:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Sephy style may not be the best, but it's definitely the most stylish

Either 17 warclub rush or 10 warclub + 4 AR works best vs dutch imo. Then just go to fort and do whatever you want
posted 08-22-07 00:18 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
dont forget to have that card that turns all AR into RR somewhere, in case of emergency... they own all of AR's counters.
Except for AR's most important counter, ranged cavalry. I'd actually rather use axe riders against ruyters than rifle riders.

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!
posted 08-22-07 01:05 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
trust me, if the dutchie has Colonial MIlitia, he'l stop your rush dead in its tracks. I normally do a Fast FF against russia, making 2 WHuts with the starting and politician wood. It works untill you get ot fort to ship 9 wakina and spam a bit more.

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
posted 08-22-07 06:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
Nice strat but wouldnt it be better to age with 16 vils instead of 15?

~#~#~ ESO: bacon~#~#~

Favorite Civs: China, Germans, Aztec

PR Rank: Master Sergeant.
posted 08-22-07 07:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
nice right up of one of souix best strats but widget is right the standard souix advance is 16 not 15.
posted 08-22-07 09:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
Its really a matter of opinion,so go ahead and do 16! change it up the way you feel will make it the best!

Take this strat as a basic build order. Everyone needs to adjust it to their own standards and needs, so yeah, if you feel like adding another vill, do so! if you feel like ageing with a different politician, who am i to stop you?

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
posted 08-23-07 11:15 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
<3 sephi, and imo also he's right 10 clubs and 4 ar is the best way to go, then just age up, i usually end up razing down at least one house, and sometimes im lucky enough to find the bank that he almost finished, with like 200 points left and my wc/axe ran the builders off of.

Usually once in age 3 just spam wakina and ship dog soldiers and more axe, upgrade my axe and make around 5 more. Don't forget to constantly raid his hunts, and if he resorted to them(which he should've) berries and mills. Remember that it's still early, so he'll still have guys on gold. And if you get his wood, he's dead in the water imo.

Get your hands on a hot pan, a minute can seem like an hour. Get your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a minute.
(\__/) This is bunny.
(O.o ) Copy him in your signature to
(> < ) help him conquer the world!
posted 08-23-07 12:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
wacko has just written a good sioux FF very similar to this on the agecommunity forums.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
posted 08-23-07 12:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
really? lol that must of been a coincidince, i swear . (im not lying) I generally dont visit the agecommunity forums unless its because of tech problems

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
posted 08-24-07 02:31 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
This strat worked wonders for me . I actually got the top score with Sioux for basically the whole game. Unfortunately the map mucked up my early raid. It was Texas. I lost my WC+2 Axe Riders in the first raid and got 0 villies killed. I then aged and spammed Axe Riders and Wakinas while my Ally made tomas and FP (lamer ). I then done a 31 Axe Rider Raid (lol) on the highest scored player and i got the majorety of his vils . he dropped last in score allowing me to go top. Then i kept making vils with 3 TCs and spammed Wakinas behind 20 teepees! Tashunkes then destroyed those pesky cannons as me and my mate swarmed their bases with everything. gg
EDIT: btw i was facing Otto and French
EDIT 2 : I want to get Nomadic Expansion in my deck but dont want to remove bison,great hunter or 3 TP shipments what should i take out?

~#~#~ ESO: bacon~#~#~

Favorite Civs: China, Germans, Aztec

PR Rank: Master Sergeant.

[This message has been edited by Widget (edited 08-24-2007 @ 08:35 AM).]

posted 08-24-07 09:47 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
3 tp or bison

I never use the tp ship unless im at patagonia or great lakes.

If the map has good hunts, like saguenay or great plains, bison aren't really that viable of a shipment because you're not gonna use em.

But dude, i only use those teepee shipments when im in a treaty game, because my games don't last too long when im sioux, usually around 20ish minutes. Or 30 if i want big button dog soldiers in industrial, which often win the game for me.

Get your hands on a hot pan, a minute can seem like an hour. Get your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a minute.
(\__/) This is bunny.
(O.o ) Copy him in your signature to
(> < ) help him conquer the world!
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The Sioux SAFF
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames