You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Chinease Boxer Rebelion Rush
posted 11-03-07 07:45 AM EDT (US)   
Its a rush that relies on massing sentries and irregulars, with the Boxer Rebelion Card, so they don't loose HP simple

Required Cards -

Boxer Rebelion (der)
Village defences
Nomaddic Expansion
As many Colonial age militry cards as you can get
Mandarin Duck Squad is the optimum, however if your HC ain't that high yet, 7 steppe ridders and/or 9 qing pikemen will do. Ratten Sheild mercenries are also a good choice.

Strat

-1 villie to wood crates
-1 villie to food crates
-1 villie walks forwards to the side of the enemies base
-rest to food
-Once the crates are unpacked, send both of your crate villies to food.
-forward villie builds a Village, to the side of the enemy, this vilie then goes to wood.
-Continue building up to 16 villies all going to food.
First shipment Boxer Rebelion

Age up with the summer Palace with 8 food villies on it.
leave 2 villies on food, and move 5 villies to gold.
You should have about 200 wood so make your forward villie build a second village. and then keep it on wood. make sure to set your shipment drop point at the forward village.

Colonial Age

You now have 2 step riders, so get raiding.

you should have a shipment from transition, use this to get Village Defences. set the summer palaces rally to your vilalges (leave it on the default army). From your TC, bring in some iregulars and sentries, and send the up to your villages. Once Village defences arrive, build sentries from these villages.

next card should be nomadic expansion send this get them up at the front, and build more sentries and irregulars.

By the time the summer palace sends its first army, you should be reasy to attack the enemies base. Concentrate on killing villies when you can before the actual TC.

Next shipment you should send is Mandarin Duck Squad (or your other militry card of choice) this should finish of the enemy TC.

replays

Against Hard AI and against an online Japan
replays

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 11-07-2007 @ 10:38 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-03-07 08:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
Nice location you have :P
posted 11-03-07 09:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
yes it is good location

Trust me to spell the title wrong :| Sorry spelling police! if someone is feeling nice "Chinese" please

Out Reach
posted 11-03-07 11:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Could you upload a replay?
posted 11-03-07 12:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
ok i'm on it

EDIT: You can now see a reply here.

Out Reach

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 11-03-2007 @ 02:25 PM).]

posted 11-03-07 04:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
Could you do it so that it works without Warchiefs?
posted 11-05-07 10:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
That was nice. I didn't expect anythin like that to happen/work at all. Very creative!

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 11-05-07 07:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Very clever idea... kudos!

I remembered there was something about the Village Defenses card that really bothered me though. If I recall correctly, the village sentry and irregulars musters were the same price as the TC musters, but had only half the number of units! Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but after that I kind of wrote that card off for "minuteman spam." Do I have it right?

I'm not sure that the minuteman attack is worth the 2 cards you must spend on it, but the idea is awesome! Let me know if I might be wrong about the above... if so, that would make it more powerful than I'm currently thinking.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 11-05-07 09:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Well then I'll be the one to tell you that you're wrong Beatnik. The irregulars and sentries from villages cost 50 food and 50 gold IIRC, as opposed to 80 food and 80 gold from the TC. Still not as cost-effective, but isn't too bad.

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
Cons: Expensive vills and Cuirassiers."
LOL
posted 11-05-07 10:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
Ah okay, thanks Dominator! 50F, 50G... definitely a better deal than paying the same price.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 11-06-07 03:21 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
The Strat has done quite well online, even without the duck squad. I've beaten a few Japanese, a chinese, an indian and a spanish. Should reach lvl 25 if a few days

Out Reach

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 11-06-2007 @ 03:22 AM).]

posted 11-06-07 10:38 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
Could you post a replay against an actual online opponent? I'm still kind of interested as to how this would work seeing as there's nearly no siege power in your army.

From Agecommunity:
"French:
Pros: Powerful coureurs, many choices for a powerful army, a card gives the explorer the ability to heal
LOL
posted 11-06-07 11:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
by the time i attack i have 12 sentries and irregulars (24 total) , 4 step riders (bonus vs. villes and buildings) 3 cho kun nu and monk + disciple. The first militry card sent is 7 step riders or 9 qing pikemen or the duck squad that has a flamethrower. There is plenty of siege power there

I'm on an online replay But i want to have a lvl 25 HC first. As i want to show it with the duck squad.

EDIT: BTW i live in england and the game only came out on friday so yes i am behind :P

Out Reach

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 11-06-2007 @ 11:53 AM).]

posted 11-06-07 12:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
Looks very nice. I eagerly await being beaten by it in the near future.

Good work.

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
posted 11-06-07 02:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
ey dude I must say I liked you first name better: reach(and the numbers) instead of what you have now...
you are the good 'ol reach right? of aomh? the guy with the triggers?

what happened? did you lose you password?
ah well good to "see" you again

-=Wakain=-
posted 11-06-07 02:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
it appears i am

I've reached lvl 25 and once i get a good replay i will post it Also had a few more wins with it. so its looking good.

Out Reach
posted 11-06-07 07:25 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
About when would you usually attack? And steppe riders don't get a bonus until vills unless you send Mongolian Scourage (or however it's spelled), and they don't have a bonus against buildings as far as I can remember. The only siege you would have is qiang pike and the flamethrower from the Mandarin Duck Squad.

From Agecommunity:
"French:
LOL
posted 11-06-07 07:56 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
I have tried a few strategies with this Card. The only viable way I pull it off is by having a map with at least 100g from crates. What I usually try to do is use the Sentries and Irregulars as village harassment units by getting em in the enemy town around 3:00 into the game. and then prevent the villagers from making a barracks or stable(once they age) while I age up. This usually leaves me with a little better economy and the enemy on defense.

I am going to have to try this version of the strategy as well, although I am seeing a issue with siege damage. Good Job
posted 11-06-07 09:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
you said you have 12 sentries and irregulars (24 total) , 4 step riders, 3 cho kun nu and monk + disciple when you attack. What time was this at?
posted 11-07-07 03:25 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
by the time you have 4 villages, and have produced the 12 sentries and irregulars. it times about right with the first army from the summer palace. Not the fastest of rushes, but when you do attack you will have more than enough force to deal with the enemys army/early unit shipment for defence.
You Can attack earlyer than that point, but an anti infentry shipment like some Yumi archers will give you a hard time. If you wait for the extra 4 sentries and irregulars from the last two villages, you can normally take them with enough stuff left to destroy the TC.

And i'm certain Steppe riders have a bonus vs. buildings and villagers without the scurge card.

EDIT: the download now contains an online version

Out Reach

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 11-07-2007 @ 10:36 AM).]

posted 11-08-07 09:02 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
Your opponent built his barracks outside of TC range (twice) didn't send villagers into the TC to kill off your rushers, and didn't summon his own sentries. Pretty much any strat would work against some one that bad.

Boxer rebellion rush is a really neat idea, but I think it's better to just use it for the sentries from your TC to supplement a regular rush. Maybe consider aging up with the Monk/disciple wonder after shipping the 5 disciples card in age 1. Assuming you could somehow get 2 shipments before your opponent hits colonial you could have a pretty big army outside his base very early on.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Chinease Boxer Rebelion Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames