You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Port ATP slam
posted 11-25-07 08:52 PM EDT (US)   
Hi my name is Tyranitar I'm new here and wanted to post a new stratigy I've come up with called the Port ATP Slam. IDK if its the best strat but I think I should post it anyways:

Required Cards:
Advanced Trading Post
700 wood
8 xbows and 6 muskets

Support Cards:
food and gold crated
Standard port fortress cards- 5 goons, 8 cassies, 7 cassies, 2 organs, 8 halbs, 9 muskets(probably not all)
Factories
C.M.(colonial militia)

The principal of this strat is to x-bow spam while getting a decent economy as well. This is an aggressive port strat which gets the port alot of map control. It works best on maps with 3 accessible trade routes but its do able on maps with only 2 as well.

Build Order:

Discovery:
1.)3 vills to hunts, herd towards tc, use tc as a way to move villes

2.)4 villes to crates

3.)Build a house and all villes to hunts

4.)Gather treasures with your explorer, use a spyglass in a spot where you think the enemy town is. Make sure you find the trade route spots.

5.)1st card-Advanced Trade Post

6.) Age up with 14 villes, with 400 wood politicion

Transition:

7.)during age up put 7 on wood and leave 7 on food

8.)send 2 villes to forward hunts

9.)begin building trade posts, you should be making your second Trade post as you reach colonial

Colonial:
10.)TC waypoint to food

11.)Gather 400 wood crates with 2 wood villes

12.)Send in 700 wood

13.)Make a rx with forward villes

14.)Make a house back in your old base

15.)Place second TC next to rax, I like to put my rax near a trade post, and since they have an attack as well, makes it a hard fb to penetrate

*all of the above should be done somewhat quickly

16.)Start training xbows

17.)As the wood comes in from the 700 wood shipment build a 3rd TP as the map permits

18.)Research Stage coach, build more houses and xbows. I also like to put up a stratigec tower defending some hunts and a mine with the wood, but that isnt necesary.

19.)Card 3:8 xbows, make sure it comes to ur forward TC, and start to train villes from that tc

*from here it varies i usually try and get a 2nd rax up and do a dual rax xbow spam, going fort is another option using the trade posts to help fuel it

This strat gets you 13 xbows at around 6 minutes with a great fb and map control as well as a good eco. I like to put my villes mainly on food and my trade posts on wood, since wood gathers slower than food and the trade post delivers the same ammount you are saving alot of ville seconds by having it accumulate most of your wood.

I know that the ports arent the ottos, so why go trade posts? I do it mainly because even without silkroad trade route control is essential, and ATPS are kinda like Outposts with extra hp that gather resources for you. So hey? why not?

Heres a good recording of me doing thsi strat to a comp:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1694

enjoy!

[Edit}
Heres another recording of me this ones vs a real person:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1697

[This message has been edited by tyranitar (edited 11-26-2007 @ 03:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-25-07 09:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
I love it.
Am printing it out now, and I'm going to fail my Spanish test tomorrow because I'm too busy doing this.
Thanks

EDIT: Does this only work for ports, or can you do this with other civs?

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago

[This message has been edited by Sir Snoopy (edited 11-25-2007 @ 09:33 PM).]

posted 11-25-07 10:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
Does this only work for ports, or can you do this with other civs?
You can adapt any strat to work with any civ, but ports have a little advantage with they have no card that would be better sent than ATP like 3 vills or a trickle card. And no other civ has the 2nd TC to cover your FB.

However I think 4 vills on crates is a bit over-kill, 2-3 should be fine, and I'm a bit sceptical about the 300 wood required to build ur 2 tp's with only 7 vills on wood, but I'm sure it's possible, otherwise looks good.

Great thing about the TP's is just set them to coin if you're looking for fortress sometime soon, let them get you the 1000 coin while having no detrement to your xbow spamming other than the invested wood in the TP's, and with all vills coming out onto food and wood, you should be able to get to fort reasonable quick with a large xbow army, and turn em into besteiros.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 11-25-07 10:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Thx guys my internet recently broke so i was stuck in single player and thought, why do the ports always have to defend?

Anyways the crates thing is sketchy, u just get some on hunts and some on crates, the #s vary, it might be 8 on wood I forget

The thing I like about this strat is its very intimidating to the opponent, it appears scary facing such a well defended Forward base with xbows, a booming eco, and 3 tps.

Also, I dont recomend this vs the ottos since they will probably already have 2 tps up and their jannis will knock your forward tp down.

My favorite map to do this strat on is Yukon since there are 3 accesable tps and plenty of hunts, I like making my fb on the farthest out TP, and it works pretty well. It also works well on aruacania, gr8 lakes, new england, saquenya, carolina, sonora, patagonia, its even do-able on great plains but I wouldnt recomend it since the trade posts are so far apart resources come in somewhat slowly and theres only 2.

[This message has been edited by tyranitar (edited 11-25-2007 @ 11:02 PM).]

posted 11-26-07 10:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
TBH I didnt have high exceptions to this, but i actually like it. Also, if enemy goes FF, you can just ff yourself pretty easily, and then go for besteiro´s.

Nice one, and welcome to aoe3h
posted 11-26-07 10:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
I like the idea, its pretty similar to what i do as the sioux except i use 3 tp card instead of atp...

My only major problem with it is how susceptible it is to raiding. The 3 hussar/4ax rider is gonna kill you in colonial. I would also consider tping a native village depeneding on what minor natives you get, since they mostly cost wood/ food they stay with your xbow spam. Make sure you build a second rax once you get the extra resources, and always make villagers.
*all of the above should be done somewhat quickly
Yeah thats pretty important, but it should go at the bottom of every strat..

looks good, id put it in TAD Strat Guide, seeing as there are no strats for euro and native civs...

׺°˜`°º×RealityFatality׺°˜`°º×
"So, what do you guys think? What's theverdict? OP, or do I need to stop smoking crack?"
"I don't have hard drives. I just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers"

[This message has been edited by Kiverly Spears (edited 18-12-2008 @ 9:21 PM).]
posted 11-26-07 11:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Yeah raids do hurt, which is why I usually secure my hunts with towers that I get the wood from the Trade route. Also making a stable and making some hussars is a possibility, and after you make 5 to 10 hussars you can quickly go fort since the ratio of the cost of a hussar is somewhat similar to that of going fortress.

That natives idea is good I may try that out some time as well.

And it is kind of a counter to an ff, since you have x bows and map control and are going fort yourself, you can harrass with the xbows and reach fort, put up that 3rd tc and spam bestiros while booming as well.

[This message has been edited by tyranitar (edited 11-26-2007 @ 11:47 AM).]

posted 11-27-07 03:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
sounds like fun I would like to try it sometime haha when i get the chance

"Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken." - Adolf Hitler

Proud citizen of Sovietcanuckistan.

~92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.~
posted 12-31-07 03:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
What time do you usually hit colonial?
posted 12-31-07 08:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
Nothing like the smell of bump in da' mornin'!
I think when I did it, it was like, 5:30, 6:00 mins, but I suck.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 12-31-07 09:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
The fastest time I can hit colonial is not a second before 4:25... and from there I can only get 3 trade posts and 13 crossbows by 7:30. By that time he has hit fortress and has 2 falconets only a few seconds away.

Should I wait to get the trade posts till later? Should I ship 300 food in colonial to age up faster, and leave advanced trade post for later?
posted 12-31-07 10:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
Tried a variation of this with Russians with good results. Obviously, I sub stretlets with crossbows, but the end results are similar. I usually do a FF boom with Russians, but on maps where I can secure 3 posts on a trade route, this might be my new trick.

To do this commie-style, build 17 villies before hitting age-up. (It's the same time as ports take to build to 14, 3:20) Send ATP and age up with the wood politician per Tyr's strat. Your blockhouse at your FB doubles as your outpost, so you can get your shipments there.

I also dropped in Boyars and Stretlet combat to beef up my stretlets in later ages. It's also worth pointing out that a church with the LOS techs really helps assert map control, and you'll want it anyway for the Peterine reforms and Westernization, when resources and shipments allow.

To me, the strength of trade routes is not only in the good return on investment by collecting wood, but also they're resources you're denying your opponent, AND they give you good vision to the map. The dinky guns in your TPs are just gravy.
posted 01-03-08 06:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
I do this as the Ottos sometimes and works well.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The Port ATP slam
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames