Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The JADE
posted 12-24-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)   
The JADE

Japanese Asian Diplomatic Exchange

Ever wanted to use those funny asian icons on your map? Not sure how to use them in a rush or need a build order to help you out? Look no further! If you find yourself using bland strategies that are widely known and counterable, this strategy is for you. While the power varies by maps, it can always surprise foes who dont check for the native icon above names. This rush can be fast or average, and choices must be made. This rush utilizes the Shogunate wonder and the slew of native cards that the japanese can take advantage of.

Deck:
The important cards:

1. Trade Empire - Ships a trading post rickshaw (250 wood) and strengthens as well as cheapens all future trading posts (+30% hp and -20% wood respectively)

2. Native Alliance - Cheapens all natives and increases the limit (-10% cost, +20% build limit) This card allied with the Shogunate grants extremely cheap natives

3. Native Crafts - More of icing on the cake rather than core strategy card, but since you already have native posts, why not get export from them? 2 of them grant around 600 export. (or 300 each)

4. Native Attack - With the clever name, i'm guessing you are wondering what this card does. Surprise! Native attack increased by 30%, and a reduction in train time (-25%) as well. Excellent card to help flood your enemy's base with units.

5. Yumi/Ashigaru shipments - definitely important helpers. Those five units help round out your army as well as grant it more firepower. whats not to like about this shipment?

6. 600 wood - Most natives cost wood, and you can really never have enough wood. Spare wood can go towards more TPs, a consulate, Shrine booming, market + upgrades, you name it. Add in the Spanish silk road for extra effect.

Discovery Age

• Standard start; all vills to crates to begin, que vill around ten seconds, then send all to berries and maybe 1 on a shrine if your explorer isn’t doing that already
  • Be sure to take note of the map and its natives; obviously this makes a big difference in the effectiveness of the rush
  • First shipment should be 1 Trading post rickshaw

• Place it on a native socket that has the most well rounded units.
    Apache
  • Age up with the Shogunate

What this does for you is that it grants you a shipment and all units are cheaper. 5% cheaper I believe, which, when combined with the native allies card, makes natives a WHOLE lot cheaper to make, in every cost.
  • Have your vills split depending on the wood:food cost of the allies that you are using, eg if its 15 wood 85 food have your vills split around 4:1 food wood, and if it is 55 food 40 wood have them split 3:2 food wood. Don’t let yourself get housed.
Colonial Age

• Once in colonial age, decide for yourself whether you want to wait for the card or make natives right off the bat.
  • your third card can be yumi/ashi support if you’re facing resistance, or 600 wood for shrines/ TPs/ additional natives and their upgrades
  • As the japs have no native embassy that the others have, it is important to have the TP hot keyed as a barracks is.
  • Build a Consulate and ally with the isolation as soon as you have the wood, as the batch training upgrade as well as the military rickshaw will prove usefull.
  • Go fort if you feel you have your enemy on edge but just cant break through.
  • Be sure to ally with the most useful consulate option, as you will see why in a little while.
Fortress Age

• Once in fort, you have the option of choosing to ship another native card, but grants you export based on how many tribes you are allied with, like the native warriors card for euros.

• A second option is to ship the native improvement card which decreases the train time and provides a second upgrade for the age ( +30% stats). Since you’ve been making natives so far why stop here?

Final notes: As a final note to all who read this, I would like to add that the PLACEMENT of the native settlement is probably just as important as the native itself. If you find yourself on Saguenway with cree on the other side of the map, it probably is not best to try a native rush with Huron/ far away cree as this will easily lead to an opening between your far away native hut and your undefended base.

A second note I would like to say is that there should be caution when facing a euro user; spies are currently devastating towards natives, and should be used with caution but still can be successful. Many Euro users either cant afford the cost of spies or they just attempt to make a counter to your natives without spies. Be wary though for the church! If you see it pull back and make some ashigaru to take care of them. Be sure to scout.

Records are here, at the original strat posting
- Texas, Sonora, Painted Desert
Ranged cavalry natives. Very powerful but small limit.
Bhakti
- Deccan, Ceylon, Himalaya
Tiger claws are excellent units to go with Chakrams on Himalayas. Gets a nice boost with tech (+50% hitpoints)
Carib
- Caribbean, Hispaniola, Orinoco
Very good core unit; strong vs infantry and great lategame. Trainable on site with tech.
Cherokee
- Bayou, Carolina, New England
Another great core unit, as well as techs. 4 vills, as well as basket weaving make for great booming on the side of a rush
Cheyenne
- Great Lakes, Great Plains, Rockies
Personally one of my favorite- Great cavalry and VERY USEFULL buffalo tech for shrines close at home. Nearly uncounterable with the x2 against cavalry supplement with yumi
Comanche
- Great Plains, Rockies, Texas
Average units, above average techs. Cav upgrades are excellent and trade language (reduces coin cost of everything) is real usefull, pays off nearly instantly
Cree
- Saguenay, Yukon
Great core unit, used as a meatshield. You can achieve many cree trackers and
great booming capability.
Huron
- Great Lakes, New England, Saguenay
Sieging unit that’s good vs ranged units. Average techs include fishing and unit limit techs for more.
Inca
- Amazonia, Andes, Araucania, Pampas
Great core army, bolas and humancas are an army in itself, techs allow for faster training, faster walking infantry with coin gather rate increase tech.
Jesuit
- Honshu and Borneo
Dragoon type unit like Apache, strong sieging tech much like Onin war
Klamath
- California, Northwest Territory
Decent Ranged infantry limited only by the amount allowed. Food tech is usefull and upgrade is a good boost.
Mapuche
- Araucania
Great Hand infantry with good siege, use the way you would Zapotec
Maya
- Orinoco, Sonora, Yucatan
Above average pikemen with healers, cloth techs allow increased farming rate and hand infantry bonus. Use like Zapotec
Navajo
- Painted Desert, Sonora
Great core unit with stealth. Gather rate helps for shrines.
Nootka
- California, Northwest Territory, Yukon
Positively amazing clubber. Nicknamed “spankers” for the way they “spank” with their clubs. Bark upgrade is great for anti raiding.
Seminole
- Bayou, Carolina
Great archer unit, great upgrades for yumis. Excellent core unit
Sufi
- Deccan, Borneo, Mongolia
Elephant unit good against LI. Techs are possibly the most amazing for economy ever, with goats shipped, villager count increased. Average unit
Shaolin
- Mongolia and Yellow River
Rodolero type unit trained; acts as pseudo cavalry. Average unit with awesome hand infantry techs
Tupi
- Orinoco, Pampas, Amzonia
Archer unit with archer upgrades for yumi’s. pet cougars are always fun to play with 
Udasi
- Deccan and Himalaya
Hoop thrower (Chakram) excellent native unit, great for a core army unit, its splash make it strong. Techs aren’t too bad either
Zapotec
- Amazonia, Orinoco, Yucatan
Hand infantry suitable for sieging- see fast rush guide.
Zen
- Honshu, Yellow River, Ceylon
Pikemen unit great for rushing. Techs are good for siege and hand infantry

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL

[This message has been edited by Cookiecrisp13 (edited 12-25-2007 @ 10:14 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-24-07 11:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
I like this strat. Sorta like the French Native Rush.

I'll be trying this soon.
posted 12-24-07 12:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
Wouldn't people go spies when they see native cards in your deck?
posted 12-24-07 12:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
great strat

spies are easily sniped out and unmassable

(btw I love your strats for your pictures ànd your cunningness )

"You cannnot discover inhabited land , If not i could go and 'discover' England" - Iroquois Chief

[This message has been edited by Sjiniet (edited 12-24-2007 @ 12:59 PM).]

posted 12-24-07 02:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
They wouldn't go Spies if they weren't European. MU HA HA HA HA! You know, the other Asians can do this strat almost exactly. I tried a Chinese Native FF that never worked out really. However, I do suppose that with the Shogunate, the Japanese seem to be the best suited for a native strategy.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
posted 12-24-07 09:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
youre correct- most any native civ can do this- but i feel the japs can do it the best due to their "normalness". as in their vills dont cost wood and they can make a single unit to supplement the natives.

I do have records up for this- check them out here

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 12-24-07 11:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
hahaha Eicho got raped by minor natives.!.!

׺°˜`°º×RealityFatality׺°˜`°º×
"So, what do you guys think? What's theverdict? OP, or do I need to stop smoking crack?"
"I don't have hard drives. I just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers"

[This message has been edited by Kiverly Spears (edited 18-12-2008 @ 9:21 PM).]
posted 12-25-07 06:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
great strategy,but u will have to attack as soon as possible to win.i wouldn't wait for the card beceuse that would give away precious time to gather defenses and collect gold for spies.the 5 spy shipment is a threat.
apart from that it really looks ominous vs TWC natives,especialy slow age up ones.
posted 12-25-07 10:13 AM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
You ohave to remember though- does ANYONE have a 5 spy card in their deck just ready to be used?

Aside from the occaisional Dutch agent rusher, or the otto, not many euro civs have the 5 spy card or a "spy" deck.

Of course, that can all change with the read of one strategy

Edit: didnt feel like making a new post for this
...........|
Exactly V

[Judgε][Epic Thread]

[This message has been edited by Cookiecrisp13 (edited 12-25-2007 @ 11:20 AM).]

posted 12-25-07 11:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
ship in some ashi and kill the 5 spies or something.
posted 12-25-07 02:25 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
What would be the perfect map for this strat?

FFA Fun Series - Spring/Summer 07 winner
posted 12-25-07 04:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
Nice strat, like it.

I like putting in 5 spies in my port decks since ports are so weak militarily it helps as a 3rd military shipment. And as an added bonus it beats natives really badly.
posted 12-25-07 11:07 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
One of the best maps to use this on is himalayas, Deccan, or really any one with strong natives in a convienient position. Mongolias good, as well as Andes due to the inca.

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
posted 12-26-07 00:26 AM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
I keep 5 spies instead of 3 hussars in my otto ior and rush decks.for the french native rush and because if i have finished off his military and require only siege,[my jannies are almost dead, i siege with spies!]u can raid with them.but mainly i keep them in case the other player gets to fort before i have damaged him fatally and brings out mercs.
posted 12-26-07 09:57 AM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
Sounds nice!
hahaha Eicho got raped by minor natives.!.!
Ooo I'll watch the recs then

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 12-28-07 00:19 AM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Not another J strategy!

Oh well, i read it and it sounds pretty good
posted 12-29-07 01:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
Add in the Spanish silk road for extra effect.
Is that upgrade in age 2? If so I could see a team Otto Jap Silk Road rush, or just a Jap Silk Road rush.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 01-01-08 04:01 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
Consider that in that rec i used France, wich i almost never use, and i dont know why i screwed my eco horrendously, having like 1600 food, 0 wood and making Pike+Xbow.

also, Daymo Cuukye Crysp didnt posted the games that he lost

very nice startegy again
posted 01-01-08 07:43 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
well you did know that i was native rushing after that

i thought about posting the losses to show the risks or something, then i realized thats not good for advertising

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
posted 01-02-08 08:27 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
i thought about posting the losses to show the risks or something, then i realized thats not good for advertising
Haha, you always crack me up, cookie.

Great strat, I cant wait to try it out.

Q: How do I get veteran skirms as the dutch?
- you have to buy the upgrade in the the barracks lol it should be under the skimiser logo. -you have to be in age3 to get veteran and age 4 to get guard.
After realizing they get automatically upgraded:
- o right i play brits so i just guessed.....thats slighly embarrasing lol

"Ah, the wonderful smell of failure!" - George_III on a full-capslocked topic.
posted 01-03-08 06:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
If your Euro, spies ftw! ^_^ Abus kill Ashi's Jans do ok and spies mop up the rest.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 01-03-2008 @ 06:26 PM).]

posted 01-10-08 02:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Place it on a native socket that has the most well rounded units.
Apache

Age up with the Shogunate
I think I found a mistake, what is the Apache doing there?

posted 01-10-08 05:30 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
Aha! catabre found the hidden word!
If your Euro, spies ftw! ^_^ Abus kill Ashi's Jans do ok and spies mop up the rest.
Easier said than done- That requires three buildings to my 1 or two. Ottos are best dealt with massing ashis and adding some naganitas or sufi dudes as you send in two 4 vill shipments to outboom him.

Ottos can be a pain in the ass though

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The JADE
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames