You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Indian Strategy: 10/10 sepoy 'rush'.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-27-08 07:40 AM EDT (US)   
hello.

My ESO name is appeL (lv l30-31), and I'm gonna do the effort to explain to you guys indian's most powerful strategy.
This is absolutely not something I invented, just to let you know india isn't as weak as evryone thinks. And I think quite a lot people already know how it works.

Rough description of the strategy.
Get some hard pressure early on: Age as quick as other Civs, If not faster, and get a amount of 11-12 sepoys in your enemies base fast, followed by more batches.

The sepoy
This is a big part of what makes the strategy so powerfull. U never felt that jannisary were to difficult, and too strong? Now with the sepoy you're dealing with the same problem. Not as bad as ashigaru, but still. French, germans, spanish, Iro's... they all don't have any decent counter to HI (heavy infantry) Like the sepoy, jannisary and ashi. And when you're opponent manages to get an equal amount of archers or skirmishers, the four sowar card helps u out, big time.

Deck and cards

The key cards are distributivism +1 villager, and 5 sepoy + 1 villager. Distributivism is a good eco boost, and you still are able to send it even when you have a full population (And get the vill extra). 5 sepoy is just to get the hard pressure early.

Detailed description of the strategy
Only use this strategy when u start with NO gold

Discovery age
- Shift 3 villagers to wood, collect crates with 2 villagers, 1 goes hunting. The crate villagers go chop wood aswell when u start with low wood and much food, Otherwise they go and hunt aswell.
- Don't build a house.
- As soon as you're pop hits 10/10 villagers, shift all your villagers to food.
- Send a villager forward.
- first card is distributivism
- (Get every treasure u can) food and wood have priority when u aren't aging yet.
- As soon as you hit 800 food, Build the agra fort with your forward villager. And shift ALL villagers to wood, build a house, and start queing villagers ASAP. After distribute your villagers over all three resources again.

Note
- Idle TC time is inevitable, you can only avoid this by getting 150 wood treasures or good food treasures, don't worry, it isn't too bad.

Transition discovery - colonial age
- When u age you want to have a 30 populaton, so get another house.
- you are getting sepoy's who cost 90 food and 30 gold,
Still i'd suggest 1 gold villie per 4 food villies. get a 5-6 on wood (villagers, houses, (...consulate, caravanserai))
- Don't brainlessly go 4 to in villagers, LOOK at your resources, when u a have 200 food and 100 gold, you will need more on food then on gold (5:1).

Note
The villager distribution can be hard, when you are in the segeant - lieutenant levels (and lower), still u will have to learn this in order to get better.

colonial age
- ship 5 sepoy ASAP - Queue 5 sepoy - send your 2 sepoy to your agra fort.
- PRESSURE!
- Get more batches

Here's a rec vs a lt colonel who's british. and they got a decent counter vs sepoy

Gl & HF

Note
My english isn't too good, so don't comment me about it. Ty
Replies:
posted 01-27-08 12:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
Pretty standard stuff really, I use do a very similar thing in most games I play, start out Sepoy, then turn it into Sepoy/Sowar.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
posted 01-27-08 01:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
My english isn't too good, so don't comment me about it. Ty
I thought is was good, but since I'm not supposed to comment on it...

Good stuff. Will help out new indians.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 01-27-08 02:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
i remember you and spinsane doing this on NWT with me, i was russian and you 2 were india, worked wonders cuz there were 2 brits and your 12ish sepoy got about 5 villagers.

i'd use this strategy if i played india, i just absolutely cannot stand only having 10 villagers when i go age 2, is just too awkward for me.

Get your hands on a hot pan, a minute can seem like an hour. Get your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a minute.
(\__/) This is bunny.
(O.o ) Copy him in your signature to
(> < ) help him conquer the world!
posted 01-27-08 03:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
When u aged u will have 12-13 villagers + 2~3(distributivism) makes 15 vills. That's equal to most civs. For example russia who will have the same age up time as me, and only have 14 villagers, or age really later as me with 17 vills.

Trust me, whenever you start with no gold, use this.

[This message has been edited by x_Appel_x (edited 01-27-2008 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 01-27-08 06:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40  
thanks this is extremely helpful. ive been wondering how to do this.
posted 01-27-08 07:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40  
I actually find indians the hardest civ to beat, but that's because I can't resist the temptation to rush, and then I get owned because I should have FF'd. I play french, and my opponents always get the agra fort, so...

^^^

[This message has been edited by Nightfire (edited 01-27-2008 @ 07:05 PM).]

posted 01-28-08 01:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
French are annoying because of the cdb 40%RR.
posted 01-28-08 04:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 40  
I like to do this with semi FF twist, after the 12 sepoys, as enemy will be defending from colonial rush, and if he also goes for basic ff, ill just own him in colo ^^
posted 01-28-08 11:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 40  
I'd get rid of a few discovery age cards if I were you, but that's not too relevant to the strategy...

If you were going defensively do you think the tower wonder would be better? you get 400 wood and inspiration, which IMO is better than the shitty fort and 2 sepoys.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 01-28-08 01:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40  
No, u need hard pressure
posted 01-28-08 01:52 PM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
Yea - pretty standard rush.

I would take out some age 1 cards as well - rhinos/flail elephants are good. Rajputs are great raiders (work good if you get close to LI as well).

Depending on your opponent - you may want to send the 4 sowar card first (5 skirms can easily beat 10 sepoy).

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
posted 01-29-08 10:48 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40  
For Rhino and flail, they are team cards, so you don't get a vill extra. and 2 rhino's aren't too good in a 1v1.

I had 5 rajs long in my deck but i never used it, so i replaced it with ironmonger.
posted 01-31-08 09:25 AM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
ive allways use the karni mata wonder to age up with for the free resources and the eco boost

wouldnt that be better than the agra fort?
posted 01-31-08 06:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
Yeah, I tend to go Karni to, BUT Agra gives you free military building and 2 sepoys.

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
posted 01-31-08 07:08 PM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
Rhino = great meatshield - especially if your opponet tries to spam Xbow. Flail are awesome age 2 siege, sneak them in with some sepoy - bye bye TC.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
End of Nations!
posted 02-01-08 05:41 AM EDT (US)     16 / 40  
both team cards don't cut it for 1v1 imo

the rajputs are not bad, but situational

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."
posted 02-01-08 08:05 AM EDT (US)     17 / 40  
Erik, flails rip apart buildings and TCs, I know, but they just CANT WITHSTAND FIRE!!!! Your opponent has to be retarded if your gonna beat him with flails. Even most bad players will kill your flails first.

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

posted 02-01-08 11:31 AM EDT (US)     18 / 40  
well if they go for your flails, they're not firing on the sepoys and sowar you have, you just rape w/e he/she has on the spot and it's pretty much game right there.

Get your hands on a hot pan, a minute can seem like an hour. Get your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a minute.
(\__/) This is bunny.
posted 02-01-08 11:39 AM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
hm, they die pretty quick, even with the 75% resistance. If u can get them melee, they're weaker then sheeps.

They cost 300 food and a shipment, What i'm saying is: For that your opponent can get a better militay shipment card, and use the res for army. And no extra villager.

They don't cut it for 1v1. Even in a 3v3 4/5 my partners use them to attack units... even when i told them to sneak and go for houses.
posted 02-01-08 03:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
ES BETTER DAM WELL fix flails in the patch.......or else....I mean, seriously, bring their siege cost down a SMIDGE, and up their hitpoints/resistance. Big time.

My favorite saying: flails die to anything like strelets die to imperial garrochistas

posted 02-01-08 04:38 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
i was saying that for a team game.

in 1v1 you should never be tempted to use team cards, it's just not worth it, you get more for standard cards, and therefore max out your ships and res you'd spend on those ships.

in 1v1, 2 rhinos are really week, so are 2 flail.

(\__/) This is bunny.
posted 02-01-08 10:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
I drink to that.

posted 02-02-08 12:20 PM EDT (US)     23 / 40  
I don't understand.. a unit with 75% RR and fights in melee??
posted 02-02-08 01:24 PM EDT (US)     24 / 40  
obviously designed for taking damage while sieging rather than while in combat with other units.

They are strong against artillery and buildings and thats about it really. Apparently against LI too but the expense of them + the fact you can only train them from castles basically result in me seldomly using them.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
posted 02-02-08 02:27 PM EDT (US)     25 / 40  
Eh - just saying what works for me. You dont have to agree with it, it's just what I have found effective.

Its not like rhinos are my first card in 1v1's (unlike 2v2 where it is usually first)- they come last actually - just good to have them since their is no true counter for them, and they have a lot of HP.

Flails are weak, but I dont bring them into a town unless I know his army is somewhere else, distraction then sneak in some siege to kill whatever I can.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
End of Nations!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Indian Strategy: 10/10 sepoy 'rush'.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames