Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The China Mercenary Shipment Spam FF
posted 09-26-08 08:47 PM EDT (US)   
China Mercenary Shipment Spam FF
By Marneus Calgar
The premise of this is to bring back one of China’s most OP strats, pre-1.01. It is often acknowledged that with the disciple nerf, an FF is not very conceivable, but china still has many great features which offer aide to its defenseless colonial.

Villages: These things are OP. They are like cheap fast building villie shelters that hold 20 population to boot and can have shipments sent to them. These will be key for the fast fortress.

Disciples: although they were nerfed, look at the facts. 5 disciples can take out those 4 axe riders or 5 Cossacks. They will also stop those 13 strelets in their tracks with TC fire.

Wonders: Who needs a TC when you have wonders to age up with? These will also be a good asset to survive heavy colonial rushes.

Deck:

Must have

Northern Refugees
700 gold
9 iron troops
9 manchu
10 arques
11 chang dao
1000 gold

Optional
9 keshiks
10 steppe riders
1000 food

Ok so here is the basic build order:

Discovery Age

• Collect crates, 3 to hunts. 1 build svillage somewhere behind, near a hunt or second mine.

• Send 3 or 4 vills to wood, rest to food, depending on if you have a wood treasure.
  • TC to food.
  • When enough for another village, switch all to food and build second village behind TC. All vills to food.
  • Send Northern Refugees as first card.
  • Build Porcelain tower when 800 food, about 3:30/45 with 16/17 vills.
  • Build with 6 vills, rest, still on food, keep making vills, but TC waypoint to gold.

Colonial Age

• When aged send 700 gold. When 300 gold switch all to food.

• Set wonder to food.

• When 1200 food, swith about 10 to gold, 4 on food and rest to wood.

• Gather shipped gold. Age up with summer palace, put 6 to build it. If you are being attacked, do not call sentries, move your villes to a different mine if mine is up front. Distract with disciples and explorer. Make sure to have 1000 or almost 1000 gold when age up finishes.

Fortress Age

Now for some fun.

• Send 9 Iron troops if you don't see a stable, send 9 Manchu if you see a stable. Put up a War academy and start pumping arqu + Chang Dao armies. Set Wonder to whatever army. Throw up an acadamy and prepare for consulate.

• If he attacked your TC is probably dead, so fight back with first mercs and regroup. Send shipments to counter his army. If he went fort, pressure him. Use flood of shipments and

• mercs to counter his mercs. China is so versatile with so many troop shipments to send.

• When rax is up pump those Chang Dao + arque armies. When consulate is up ally with Britain for that 15% land bonus.

• Get your eco back on track and do whatever you need to win. Ship those mortars and chang dao to rape buildings and your manchu/9 keshiks will own any cuirs/war wagons he might throw at you.

• Remember to NEVER GET COCKY. Get your economy and barracks up and flood his base with a stream of troops. For all you know he might be regrouping with 13 jaegers/black riders somewhere else, while you forgot to make vills/get housed/stop making armies etc. And always CONSERVE YOUR MERCS. They are strong, but can die fast without proper micro. Take advantage of healers to get them back to full health

Misc tips

-If he went fort before you, DO NOT PANIC. This just mean a delayed rush, as you DO NOT NEED YOUR TC FOR SHIPMENTS. So cool eh?

-Usually vs. French, I ship manchu prior to iron ming, and sometimes, not at all. He will usually end up going fort anyway, and if he doesn't hussars rape all 75% of your colonial units. Manchu will be able to counter hussars and cuirs. Iron troops will rarely be used vs. french simply because they rarely mass muskets in age 3(why would they, they have cuirs..).

-Iron troops (skirmisher type mercenaries) are very nice towards a jap shrine boomer/ashi spammer. 9 iron troops can take about 20-25 carded colonial ashis, depending on micro. They also will hold more than their own against Yumi, and with good micro, can take a beating from some nagi before Manchu/ Chang Dao can come rape them.

-It is not necessary to try and take TP's. The amount of XP you get from battle s more than enough, and it's better to use the wood on Town Centers to get your eco back on par.

-Vs. a Jan/abus rush, send iron troops first to distract before so you can get thos 10 steppe riders for those pesky abus. Abus counter Manchu and iron troops, so DO NOT waste them in a battle against an obvious counter. If he goes fortress, send Manchu first to counter the Spahi. Then, if you still don’t see much action, send Chang Dao or mortars ASAP to try to take his TC's before he gets to industrial.

That is pretty much it. Most other civs are fairly obvious in what to ship. Just keep scouting and you should be in a good position to take the game 1 shipment at a time.

China FF vs Japan recording

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Replies:
posted 09-26-08 09:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21  
Sounds good, will try
posted 09-26-08 09:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21  
finally someone who show the BO of an ff with the asian civs. Thank you so much. I have been waiting for something like this for a while because my ff is slow. I have a question though. wouldnt massing those 2 kinds of cav(forgot their names) that u get in fortress age be better than changando and arb?
posted 09-26-08 09:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21  
You shouldn't mass that army unless your oppenent is intent on skirms and artillery. Arq+changdao is much more rounded.
posted 09-26-08 10:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21  
Sweet, 2 down, 1 to go for a special name.

Need a quick way to get laid? Chaplain gives you results.
"Screw me if I'm wrong, but haven't we met?"
"Damn girl, you have more curves than a race track."
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that name tag was in Braille."
"If I were you, I would have sex with me."
3 reasons I am the sexxyest forumer: Raiding Cav... - China Merc... - Aztecian coloni... <-- howzat?
posted 09-27-08 12:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21  
Nice guide, you're probably going to be the first to get that special name I might try it sometime, but atm, I'm still working on perfecting a otto semi-ff, anyone wana help me with it?
posted 09-27-08 04:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21  
Sweet, 2 down, 1 to go for a special name.
Next one has to be submitted to me
When consulate is up ally with Britain for that 15% land bonus.
Pretty sure it's 10% Health bonus, is it not?

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 09-27-08 04:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21  
Yeah, it's 10% HP for all land units.

3 reasons I am the sexxyest forumer: Raiding Cav... - China Merc... - Aztecian coloni... <-- howzat?
posted 09-28-08 03:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21  
I want to like it, I really do. However, the Japanese player in that recording was pretty bad. I think this screenshot pretty much sums it up.

He's sitting there with almost 2 shipments available, 3000 unutilised resources as well as 600 export.

Then what does he ship? Advanced rice paddys.

Even when he saw your army included 9 iron troops which are embarrassingly weak to cavalry he continued to ship 8 ashi's instead of 5 nagis. When he did fight you, his micro was appalling and his ashi weren't even upgraded.

In an FF war, I think China and Japan are about even but I don't think this strategy would stand up against a powerful colonial rush but I would be interested to see recordings to prove me wrong.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe

[This message has been edited by somme (edited 09-28-2008 @ 03:50 PM).]

posted 09-28-08 04:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21  
I agree, but I have no other recordings. I recently remembered to set record vs Azzy, worked nicely as the iron troops wiped out 20 maces and 20 pikes after he took my TC. Unfortunately, the game went OOS. Sometime I'll get better rec, and I'll try to get one vs Japan in fortress.

And yes, his micro was certainly lacking. I managed to take out about 35 ashis and Yumis with my irons before he managed to bring his 3 age up nagis.

posted 09-28-08 06:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21  
Sorry for double posting

Here is a new rec vs. a russian rush that is supported by a fish boom.

Th 10% HP really made the difference in this game.

Here is the link.

_

posted 09-28-08 06:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21  
I haven't tested this correctly yet, however, looking at this, it looks as though it could get beat up fairly badly if you lose any of your iron troops and and looking for too much from them...

If you are reading this, I'm just wasting your time.
ESO: Hydro86
Current Rank: 2nd Lieutenant on VAL, Master Sarge TAD
posted 09-28-08 07:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21  
I haven't tested this correctly yet, however, looking at this, it looks as though it could get beat up fairly badly if you lose any of your iron troops and and looking for too much from them...
Read the strat:
And always CONSERVE YOUR MERCS. They are strong, but can die fast without proper micro. Take advantage of healers to get them back to full health

posted 09-29-08 08:41 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21  
I'm having trouble with the rec. I try to download it, but can't find where to put it. I can get the Age of Empires 3 folder, however there is no file like "saved games" or "recorded games." There are a lot of 4-digit numbers though. I can't open the rec directly because Vista seems to think it's an Adobe Acrobat Reader file. Help please?
posted 09-29-08 09:32 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21  
You are probably going into program files. First go to My documents, then My games, then Age of Empires 3, then Savegame.

posted 09-29-08 10:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 21  
You're right. Thanks a lot.
posted 09-29-08 11:40 AM EDT (US)     16 / 21  
I think you need to try re-uploading that rec vs the Russian. It has a file size of 0 bytes and won't download =(

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 09-29-08 02:36 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21  
I have watched the rec, the japanese player really wasn't up to much. It would be interesting how well you fair against an opponent who's actually your level, i.e. who might take your TC etc.

@somme; may I ask: what kind of a skin are you using and why? I have seen voodoo boss using the same skin.
posted 09-29-08 05:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21  
I think it's one of Ekanta's UI Mods.

They can be found here as well as on Heavengames somewhere I believe.

posted 09-29-08 07:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21  
I have watched the rec, the japanese player really wasn't up to much. It would be interesting how well you fair against an opponent who's actually your level, i.e. who might take your TC etc.
thats why I uploaded the new one.

It's not working, ill see whats up.

EDIT:

Ok I think this one will work. Same place in the Downloads section

[This message has been edited by Marneus Calgar (edited 09-29-2008 @ 08:01 PM).]

posted 10-01-08 12:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21  
Still doesn't work. The file size is still nothing.

posted 10-01-08 08:17 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21  
wtf....

I played it on my comp fine.

EDIT: IT IS WORKING NOW, I was linking incorrectly.

so sorry for inconvenience.

[This message has been edited by Marneus Calgar (edited 10-01-2008 @ 08:20 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The China Mercenary Shipment Spam FF
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames