Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Ottoman Fast Fortress By James246
posted 10-04-08 10:44 AM EDT (US)   
Ottoman Fast FortressTAD 1.01a- James246

Introduction:

The Ottoman Fast Fortress has great power. It is very useful. It's only weakness is a quick rush, but, if you can fend it off, you can easily overpower them when you get to Fortress Age. It's a bit risky, but, if it is done right, you opponent should be scared!

Civilisations NOT to try against:

• Aztec

• Russia

• Ottoman

• India

All of these civilisations have a quick age-up time and they can have a quick hard fast rush which makes the not too good to FF against.

Deck:

Age 1: 3 Settlers, Colonial Militia, ATP, Land Grab, Economic Theory.

Age 2: 4 Settlers, 700 Food, 700 Wood, 700 Coin, 5 Janissaries, 2 Outpost Wagons, Silk Road, 3 Hussars.

Age 3: 1000 Wood, 8 Janissaries, Janissary Combat, 5 Spahi, 5 Abus Guns, 2 Falconets, 1 Fort, Royal Mint, Refigeration, 5 Mamelukes.

Age 4: Factory, Robber Barons.

Note: This deck is just as a guide, to show you the general cards used.

Times:

All times depending on treasures.

AGE 2:

Click up: 2:20-2:50

Age up: 3:50-4:20

AGE 3:

Click up: 5:20-5:50

Age up: 7:10-7:40

Build Order:

AGE 1:

•Put 4 settlers onto huntables.

•2 settlers onto crates.

•Town Centre waypoint to food.

•Once the 2 settlers have collected all the crates, do the following:

400 Wood Start:

Build:

• 1 Mosque
  • 2 Houses
  • 1 Millet System Upgrade from Mosque (This will make your settlers produce faster)

300 Wood Start:

Build:

• Mosque
  • 1 House/s
  • 1 Millet System Upgrade from Mosque (This will make your settlers produce faster)

•Once those 2 settlers have built them, send them to food.
•All settlers on food.
•Send "3 Settlers" as your first card.
•When you get 800 food, age up with "400 Wood" Politician.

Transition Age1 -> Age 2:

•Move 4 – 5 settlers from food onto coin, depending on coin treasures. Usually 4.

AGE 2:
•Immediately send 700 coin.
•Collect 400 wood with 2 settlers from coin.
•Build 1 Barracks and 2 houses, then put the settlers back on coin. (Do that now, or do it while aging up to have a quicker age up time)
•Once you get 300 coin, usually just keep no settlers on coin, so you can get that 1200 food.
•Collect the 700 coin with 3 settlers from coin.
•Age up with the "4 Hussar" Politician.

IF YOU ARE ATTACKED:

If you get attacked before you send/collect 700 Coin or while Aging Up, ship 5 Janissaries or 3 Hussars to try and fend them off, because if you can get to Fortress Age, you’ll easily over-power them.

Transition Age2 -> Age 3:

•Have 5 settlers on coin, and the rest on food.
•Start making Janissaries from your barracks.
•Ship in 700 wood, and build 5 houses. Save 200 wood for Veteran Janissaries upgrade.

AGE 3:

•Immediately send your 4 Hussars to raid the enemies settlers.
•Immediately upgraded your Janissaries.
•Ship in 2 Falconets when your about ready to attack, and use your Janissaries as a meat shield
•From when you attack, it is pretty much up to you. You should take power of your great powerful Age 3 Shipments.
•If the enemy has a lot of Heavy Infantry, and you can’t seem to take them, ship 1000 Wood and build an Artirelly Foundry and re-arrange your settlers so half food/half coin so you can be making abus guns.

Recommend Shipments for Age 3:

2 Falconets – These are cannons. When you get them, you’ll want to set them onto the enemies buildings while your Janissaries protect them. This will easily destroy your enemies buildings.

1 Fort – When you send in this card, you’ll want to try and gain some map control with it. You’ll usually want to place it in the middle of the map near some huntables and mines so you can control them.

5 Saphi – These guys, are wonderful for you. You’ll mainly want to use these to raid your enemies settlers, or use them if your enemy has a lot of Light Infantry.

Janissary Combat – This card when it arrives will boost your Janissaries by +15% Damage + HP which will make your Janissaries super strong. Use this to your advantage

1000 Wood – You’ll want to send this if the game starts going for a while or if your enemy has a lot of Light Infantry or Heavy Infantry where you will want to build an Artillery Foundry to start producing Abus Guns because they easily destroy Light Infantry and Heavy Infantry. You’ll also want to start making some Trade Post’s with it.

Silk Road – If you send this in, you will now receive 15% more resources from your Trade Posts and Crates. It might not seem much, but, if you get a lot of TP’s, it will help a lot.

8 Janissaries – You’ll want to send this card in if your Janissary force get’s depleted and you need that extra boost to your army.

5 Abus Guns – Send this if your enemy has a lot of Heavy Infantry because Abus Guns easily beat them. Make sure you protect them from cavalry!

I hope you like my Ottoman Fast Fortress!
-James246

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Replies:
posted 10-04-08 12:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Hey, wasn't this already posted? But anyway, great strat!
posted 10-04-08 03:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
recs plox

looks cool

Need a quick way to get laid? Chaplain gives you results.
"Screw me if I'm wrong, but haven't we met?"
"Damn girl, you have more curves than a race track."
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that name tag was in Braille."
"If I were you, I would have sex with me."
3 reasons I am the sexxyest forumer: Raiding Cav... - China Merc... - Aztecian coloni... <-- howzat?
posted 10-04-08 03:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
yeah it's james's. idk why cookie posted it it's already on the forum.

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 10-04-2008 @ 03:07 PM).]

posted 10-04-08 06:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
It is posted again because it now has more detail, and has BB Code
posted 10-04-08 07:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Oh, I see, or do you just want to bring back an old thread
posted 10-04-08 07:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
Well I know ES tried to force us into going with a mosque start, but wouldn't it be better to get some TPs if you are FFing?

I haven't play Otto too much since the patch, but the shipments seem to come too slowly. I thought part of the reason for FFing is to overwhelm your opponents with superior shipments, in which case some TPs would be good.

Also I think more mention should be made of mamelukes. Mamelukes vs. Spahi has already been discussed on this forum, and I don't think much has changed sinced the patch.
posted 10-04-08 08:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
I dont think they were trying to 'force' a mosque start, they were just trying to improve the ottomans on non-TP maps and nerf them on heavy TP maps like Carolina and GP.

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 10-07-08 06:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
Intended or otherwise, it's hard to argue that a TP is going to help as much as a mosque and millet system early on.

That said, I think it's an overall change for the good for the Ottomans, they get a good deal more flexible not being tied to an early TP for success.
posted 10-07-08 06:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
"That said, I think it's an overall change for the good for the Ottomans, they get a good deal more flexible not being tied to an early TP for success. "

yeah when i play ottos on vanilla and end up on a not tp non water map then i usually am screwed against players around my level. In that case i try doing a market with upgrades asap to make my eco a bit stronger.
posted 10-07-08 08:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
Crazy Lunatic, on maps without tps (on nilla), I think that the FF or the Semi-FF is your best bet. But you probably knew that already. :/
posted 10-07-08 08:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
" Crazy Lunatic, on maps without tps (on nilla), I think that the FF or the Semi-FF is your best bet. But you probably knew that already. :/"

yeah rush is no where as strong as IOR lol so usually go semi ff for spahi/mamelukes/vetran jans/ falconets.
posted 10-17-08 06:50 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
It's a bit risky, but, if it is done right, your opponent should be scared!
Cookie, or Kivlov, could you edit the post and fix that mistake? Thanks.
posted 10-17-08 12:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
Also, you wrote '5 Saphi' rather than '5 Spahi'. Just a nitpick, I know, sorry.
posted 10-17-08 05:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
It says artirelly foundry aswell
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The Ottoman Fast Fortress By James246
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames