Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Strelet and Cossack Rush
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-26-08 10:02 PM EDT (US)   
Russian Strelet + Cossack Rush TAD 1.01By James246

Basic Overview:

The Russian Strelet + Cossack Rush is one of Russia’s strongest colonial combinations. Russia has a weakness to cavalry. In this Guide, you are aiming to be constantly raiding and harassing your enemy with Cossacks, while building up a force of Strelets + Cossacks, with non-stop settler production. Sit back, relax, and enjoy my Strelet + Cossack Rush!

Deck:

Note: This deck is just a guide.

Age 1:
* Distributivism – 1.25 Wood Per Second
* Land Grab – Mills + Plantations cost reduced and they build faster
* Economic Theory – All Settlers and Fishing Boats gather 10% Faster

Age 2:
* 700 Food – Delivers crates of 700 Food
* 700 Wood – Delivers crates of 700 Wood
* 5 Cossacks – Delivers 5 Cossacks
* Boyars – Improves Strelets, Cossacks and Orphinicks hit points and damage by +15%
* Advanced Arsenal – Moves Arsenal to Colonial Age and enables more powerful techs
* Sevastopol – Defences construct faster (Town Centers, Forts, Blockhouses, Walls)
* Fencing School – Infantry train -40% Faster
* TEAM Duelling School – Infantry train -25% Faster
* Riding School – Cavalry train -40% Faster
* Reformist Tsar – Provides your Church with unique Russian Improvements

Age 3:

* Strelet Combat – Strelet damage and hit points changed by +20%
* Ransack – Infantry siege on buildings +50%
* 6 Orphinicks – Delivers 6 Orphinicks
* Cavalry Combat – Cavalry damage and hit points changed by +20%
* 2 Falconets – Delivers 2 Falconets
* 1 Fort – Delivers 1 Fort Wagon
* Royal Mint – Villagers gather coin 25% faster
* Refrigeration – Villagers gather food 25% faster

Age 4:

* Castrametation – Delivers 1 Fort Wagon. Fort limit increased by 1
* National Redoubt – Your Musketeers can now build forts. Fort limit increased by 1
* 1 Factory – Delivers a Factory Wagon
* Industrial Revolution – Delivers a Factory Wagon

Build Order:

Discovery Age:

* Get your settlers, and assign each one to it’s own food crate. This will let you get 270 food ASAP to train your first batch of 3 Settlers.
* Once you get 270 food, queue up 3 settlers, and put 3 Settlers onto Huntables, while the other 2 collect the remaining food crates. Leave all coin and extra wood crates till age up.
* All new settlers to food. Remember to herd your huntables to your Town Center.
* Build 1 House with the 1 Settler that collected the crates, and put the other onto food.
* Age up with 17 Villagers.
* You really want to be trying to get food and wood treasures.

First Card: Distributivism, this is equal to 2.5 settlers chopping wood.

Age up: Age up with the Quarter Master (400 wood)

Transition: Discovery Age -> Colonial Age:

* Move 6-8 Settlers onto wood. Russia should always forward base against every civilisation, excluding Aztec and India where a defensive blockhouse should be placed. Move 2 Settlers to a forward position, placement of the blockhouse should be on your enemies second Herd or Mine.
* Queue up a batch of 3 settlers.
* Once you get 250 wood build a Block House with 2 settlers from wood.
* Build 1 house when you get 100 wood with 1 Settler from wood
* Keep 4 Settlers on wood until you get 100 wood, so you can queue up 10 Strelets as soon as you hit Colonial. Sometimes, you may have to wait until age 2 to get the 100 wood.
* Try and gather 375 food + 100 Wood before you hit Age 2, so you can immediately queue 10 Strelets.
* Have a settler split of 12 Food / 3 Wood / 2 Building Blockhouse

Colonial Age:

· IMMEDIATELY queue 10 Strelets
Second Card: 5 Cossacks
· IMMEDIATELY gather the 400 Wood with 2 Settlers off wood
· Build a stable when you get another 200 Wood, and then build another house.
· Queue as many Cossacks as possible.
· Put the next batch of settlers that comes out onto coin.
· Have a settler split of 14 Food / 2 Wood / 4 Coin
· Start raiding with your Cossacks.
Third Card: 700 Food as your next card to help making more Settlers, Strelets and Cossacks.
· Then send in 700 Wood for more houses and Strelets.
· Remember you want some Cossacks at home to protect your Strelets.
· Attack when you feel right, with about ~30 Strelets and ~15 Cossacks. All depending on your opponent though. If you want to quick rush, attack with 20 Strelets and 10 Cossacks.
· Adjust your settlers to what resources you need at the time.

· Boyars is a great card. It improves Strelets/Cossacks/Oprichniks by 15%.
· Always protect your Strelets from your opponents Cavalry.
· Remember – Never stop raiding. Don’t let him breathe. Keep him focused on garrisoning his settlers, as this means he won’t be getting as many resources, which means a smaller army. Try to make 2 sets of 5 Cossacks to raid.
· Send in TEAM Duelling School and Fencing School, and your Strelets will train nearly instantly.
· Riding School is useful for faster Cossack production.
· If you are attacking, and you lose the fight, quickly put up a few blockhouses at home. It helps if you send “Sevastopol”.

Also, if you get to Age 3, use your Orphinicks! They are excellent raiding units due to a bonus against Settlers and high siege damage.

I hope that you like my Russian Strelet + Cossack Rush!

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Replies:
posted 10-26-08 10:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 44  
Resume discussion. Anything off-topic will be considered trolling and formal warnings will be issued.

posted 10-26-08 10:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 44  
A lil off topic, but woah, you can delete all of our posts?

On topic, is sevestapol really worth it? Wouldn't faster building buildings (or whatever that card is called) be better?
posted 10-26-08 10:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 44  
Good guide, definitely covered the basics.
posted 10-26-08 11:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 44  
good guide overall shows a strong russian strat.
posted 10-27-08 02:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 44  
A ha... Thanks for the support guys...

EDIT:

Yes, Arcane, it is still worth it.

Say if you need to drop back and are getting attacked you can quickly pop up some B'Houses.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 10-27-2008 @ 02:18 AM).]

posted 10-27-08 01:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 44  
Since the nerf, i dont use Sevastapol and national redoubt anymore, and just use one Fort card ...it's not worth it in most situations, and even if it is, it makes for boring gameplay, i prefer to be agressive and have a fun game, and if i have to pull back an turtle (or at leats be not-so agressive) i do it, but without using sevastapol, and using actual units.
posted 10-27-08 02:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 44  
Winning = not boring, no matter how turtl-y it gets

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 10-27-08 04:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 44  
I cant remember how many games that were in a stalemate in the number of 2v2s Cookie and I have played. Three forts going up really does a dent into the other teams moral. Even after the nerf, people still call me a fort hopping lamer
posted 10-27-08 05:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 44  
Just a kind of nooby question, but how much does it take to build a fort? I've never gotten to industrial to try it out.
posted 10-27-08 05:36 PM EDT (US)     10 / 44  
Base build time is 150 seconds, but you can put 8 musketeers on it, iirc, so it winds up being considerably shorter. Also, Sevastopol.

[This message has been edited by The Jackal (edited 10-27-2008 @ 05:36 PM).]

posted 10-27-08 06:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 44  
James I just noticed that your Strelet + Cossack Rush link in your sig isn't working.
posted 10-27-08 07:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 44  
Winning = not boring, no matter how turtl-y it gets
False

I prefer some 15-25 min game, with lots of action and crazy moves from both sides, battles, raids and things like those, a fun game, even if i lose (i dont care about rate, i just care to have fun) than a 40-50 min game, with little fights and lots of turtle, thats boring lol.
posted 10-27-08 09:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 44  
"I prefer some 15-25 min game, with lots of action and crazy moves from both sides, battles, raids and things like those, a fun game, even if i lose (i dont care about rate, i just care to have fun) than a 40-50 min game, with little fights and lots of turtle, thats boring lol."

you're just pointing out that losing is sometimes fun as well. You haven't disproven cookie's statement that winning is fun :P

james your siggy isn't working
posted 10-28-08 01:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 44  
My link in my Sig isn't working, because Kivlov deleted the old thread, and made a new one :P

So, I fixed it and it works now
posted 10-28-08 09:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 44  
False

I prefer some 15-25 min game, with lots of action and crazy moves from both sides, battles, raids and things like those, a fun game, even if i lose (i dont care about rate, i just care to have fun) than a 40-50 min game, with little fights and lots of turtle, thats boring lol.
Lies. Before the patch you were the turtliest player I vsed!

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 10-28-08 12:17 PM EDT (US)     16 / 44  
you're just pointing out that losing is sometimes fun as well. You haven't disproven cookie's statement that winning is fun :P
I did disproven it, i said that if a game was 40 mins of turtling and little to no fights, it was boring, no matter if i win in the end.
Lies. Before the patch you were the turtliest player I vsed!
Yeah, but that was when i cared about rating (now, with ES closing and all that, i just dont care anymore), and most of the time, when i abused Sevas, it was just to annoy my opponent (like in your case ) or if it was the only way to win (like when playing against Sioux, you couldn't go agressive as russia back then), but when i could (like playing vs Dutch or British) i went agressive pre-patch too, it was more fun and a better strat vs booming civs.
posted 10-31-08 04:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 44  
Brilliant guide, James246. It tells you exactly what you need to know to pull off the strategy.

@ LordKivlov:

Many will be relieved to know that the spellchecking isn't as strenuous as you claimed.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
posted 10-31-08 05:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 44  
Many will be relieved to know that the spellchecking isn't as strenuous as you claimed
Meh, can't catch them all and I'm a Chem major, not an English major.

posted 10-31-08 11:41 PM EDT (US)     19 / 44  
Brilliant guide, James246. It tells you exactly what you need to know to pull off the strategy.
Thank you, very much, Giskard.
posted 11-09-08 02:24 AM EDT (US)     20 / 44  
Many will be relieved to know that the spellchecking isn't as strenuous as you claimed
Wait, what spelling errors did I make? :'(
posted 11-09-08 11:05 AM EDT (US)     21 / 44  
"Orphinicks – Delivers 6 Orphinicks"

i'm pretty sure you spelled oprinchks wrong (not that i know how to spell them either lol)
posted 11-09-08 11:12 AM EDT (US)     22 / 44  
It's spelled Oprichniks. Great guide by the way.

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)
posted 11-09-08 12:14 PM EDT (US)     23 / 44  
Awesome guide, it'll definitely help my Russian rush.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
posted 11-09-08 01:53 PM EDT (US)     24 / 44  
This rush is really good, improved my game lots and lots.

I now fully really realize how cool cossacks are!

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-09-2008 @ 11:27 PM).]

posted 11-09-08 02:01 PM EDT (US)     25 / 44  
what's with the picture lol?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Strelet and Cossack Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames