Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Ottoman SSFF
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02-02-09 08:02 PM EDT (US)   
Note: I was going to wait a bit to post this guide, considering that I’ve used it only a few times and still want to test its viability. But I’d much rather post it now with the empty promise to all of you that I’ll actually complete it.

The Ottoman Schooner Semi-Fast Fortress (SSFF)
By DuolcKrad

Part I: Table of Contents

I: Table of Contents
II: Overview
III: Recommended Cards
IV: Basic Outline
V: Disclaimer
VI: Variations
VII: Recordings

Part II: Overview

Ottoman Schooner Booms are very powerful. High starting wood, Silk Road-boosted resource crates and Trading Posts, and the ability to start the boom in Discovery easily offset the slow spawning of Ottoman villagers. Because of this, Schooner Booms combined with TPs in an IOR can be popular on water maps.

Schooner Booms are used less often in FFs, as it takes some time to get a Schooner Boom going, and getting to Fortress is a priority. Booming once a player is in Fortress makes much more sense. Still, I’ve decided to create a strategy that has an Ottoman player hitting Fortress early while Schooner-Booming the entire way.

You can find yourself entering Fortress a mere minute later, but with a much stronger economic foundation. Or, you can do the same with an economy nearly as large, but a few soldiers short. Those, however, are variations. In the standard version, we will be entering Fortress with twice the economic strength, twice the military strength, twice the production strength, and still only two minutes later.

Because of the difficulty of managing a naked-FF against a rush, the SSFF is designed to fight a rush and hit Fortress fairly early.

Part III: Recommended Cards

Required:

• Schooners
  • 700 Gold
  • 700 Wood
  • 2 Falconets
  • 1000 Wood

Strongly Recommended:

• Advanced Aresenal
  • 5 Spahi
  • 5 Mamelukes or 9 Manchu Archers
  • 5 Janissaries
  • Janissary Combat
  • Factories
  • Fortress
  • Rendering Plant (+30% gathering rates for all fish)
  • 2 Galleys

Useful:

• 4 Villagers
  • 8 Janissaries
  • 5 Abus Guns
  • 3 Spahi
  • Refrigeration
  • Exotic Hardwoods
  • Silk Road
  • 1 Frigate

Part IV: Basic Outline

Discovery:

1) Gather all food and wood crates and send three villagers to hunt. Gold crates can be ignored for now.

2) Have your explorer gather treasures, with food as the priority. If you can, locate a nearby body of water with fish. You want the largest one possible, and, in the case of two that are nearly the same size, the closest.

IMPORTANT: If there is no body of water with fish on the map, you're doing it wrong

3) Once crate gathering is done, send two villagers to food and the remaining villager to the body of water.

4) All new villagers are going to food. The first one that spawns should build a house aligned with the Town Center. Said house must be build on one of the TC’s sides that are not facing directly towards or away from your opponent’s base.

5) Build a Dock, but do not build any fishing boats. Once the Dock is built, send that villager to gather food.

6) Your first card is Schooners.

7) Age up ASAP with The Quartermaster (400 Wood).

Transition:

8) As soon as Schooners arrives, queue up at least two fishing boats (you will always be able to queue at least two without cutting wood) and send three villagers to chop wood. All of the other villagers should mine gold, with one or two finishing the gathering of hunts or herding new ones. New villagers should go to gold as well.

9) Send new fishing boats to food. I also like to hotkey my dock for easy access throughout the game, especially during parts where you’ll need to micro well.

10) Explore the map and gather treasures. Now, food and gold are equally important. Figure out what your opponent’s doing if you can.

11) Make sure that fishing boat production is constant.

Colonial

12) Once you hit Colonial, gather your wood crates (and any gold crates you may have not gathered yet and build an Artillery Foundry. Try to keep this Foundry hidden, but, if you don’t mind it being noticed, place it next to your house or TC in a way similar to your house placement.

13) Your first card in Colonial is 700 Gold

14) Use the remaining 100 wood to build a house, and have a few more villagers gather wood to get a second house up (or, during transition, put 5 villagers on wood and get a house up then. Keep building your houses in a line so that your TC and houses form a wall. If you started with 500 wood, you can skip this part.

15) Once the Foundry goes up, queue as many Abus Guns as possible. Keep queuing them until you have 10.

16) Gather your newly-arrived gold crates, which will help with Abus Gun production. Your third card will be 700 Wood.

17) If your 700 wood arrives before the Abus Guns are complete, housing should not be a problem.

18) Gather food and gold until you have the requirements for Fortress. At the same time, use your 10 Abus to fend off rushes. If you see Hussars, fend them off with a combination of Abus Guns and TC fire.

19) If you think that your opponent will make more Cavalry, or you’re running low on soldiers, send 5 Janissaries. Otherwise, save this shipment.

19) Once you have the requirements for Fortress, age up with The Exiled Prince. This may seem unusual, but you already have 10 Abus Guns and want to hit Fortress now.

Transition:

20) Shift a few more villagers to wood to accommodate the large housing needs of Fortress. Build a barracks as well.

21) You probably won’t have the resources to get Spahi right away, so devote food to Jan production. It’s okay, you’ll be sending Falcs instead.

Fortress:

22) Congratulations, you’re in Fortress. It’s around 9:00 right now, and you have 10 Abus instead of 4, a Rax and Foundry instead of just a Rax, and a much stronger economy. Begin spamming Jans. Your fifth card should be 2 Falconets.

23) Consider shifting a few more villagers to wood and getting a second Dock up.

24) Keep making Jans and occasionally Abus, with villagers being adjusted to your needs. If you’ve been scouting, know the general outline of what your opponent is making so that you can adapt well.

25) Ship in 1000 wood for all of the buildings you may need. After this, ship what you need, while prioritizing Spahi.

26) Do whatever you need to win from here.

Part V: Disclaimer

First, don't try this on a map without water. You'll be very disappointed when you find out that it doesn't work.

This strategy will not work against every other civ and requires adjustments based on your opponents civ.

First, against Germany and Russia, you will need to make major adjustments to avoid defeat. Both of these civs have very large cavalry shipments that Abus Guns cannot handle. Against Germany, it can be necessary to ship 5 Jans earlier, or building a Barracks instead of a Foundry and make 10-15 Jans. Against Russia, get ready to use those Minutemen. Next, there are some economies that will beat yours even when you are booming on the water. At the very least, the water does not have unlimited food. Play aggressively and look to get more villagers at all times.

Also, if you fail to succeed in any game using this strategy, it is not my fault in any way and this strategy’s viability is not endorsed through this strategy.

Part VI: Variations

TAD

I’m not sure if the cost of a dock has been decreased in TAD, but, assuming that it has not, the 100 wood nerf for Ottomans means that you will start fishing later on whenever you start with 300 wood.

The extra 5 cards can be put to very good use. A stronger Colonial defense, a Town Center card in Fortress, or even Industrial cards such as Acemi Olglan School and 6 Spahi are valuable. It might be worthwhile to invest in spies or a gold trickle card for unusual situations.

Against the powerful navies arrow-launchers standing on wooden logs, control of the water can be difficult or even impossible if your opponent really wants it. Still, if you want it badly enough, keep numerous warships shipments and Admiralty at hand for combat. Against Asian civilizations (mainly India), it is very helpful to play defensively. Abus Guns can handle Sepoys, but Janissary shipments to defend against a strong rush should always be in your deck.

Semi-Fast Industrial

Spahi raiding of my previous semi-FI cannot be done because Spahi come so late. If you want to, you can shift villagers to food and still get Spahi out somewhat quickly, but Spahi will come in time eventually.

It is more important to maintain a strong defense while collecting the Industrial resources immediately. If your opponent is aware that you have Abus out and is going with Cavalry, build a Barracks and make a few cycles of Jans and Abus. If he, assuming that Fortress means that you are going to be making Jans and getting out Spahi, ignore the Barracks, make a few more Abus, and get to Industrial.

I find it a good idea to reverse the standard 5 Spahi - 1000 gold shipment by shipping 1000 gold first can getting Abus and Jans out. Then, you can turtle to Industrial, and while your opponent is beginning to realize the futility of Dragoons and HI, get 8 Industrial Spahi in his base and unleash destruction.

Fish run out eventually, and so by the time you hit Industrial, it becomes time to phase out fishing and greet a new Ottoman economic power: 3 TCs. The Ottoman economy maxes surprisingly fast with a mosque and a few TCs. Alternatively, use the massive economy boost of Schooners to a more imperialistic goal and add a second Barracks to Janissary production.

IOR

Since Silk Road is already in your deck (at least, it’s in my deck), use that 1000 shipped wood to put up a few TPs and begin spamming Janissaries from another Barracks or two.

I suppose that calling this an “IOR” is a misnomer, since you are not rushing at this point. Still, the addition of TPs to your already Schooner-supplemented economy will completely offset the Ottoman economy and surpass a more “standard” economy.

Part VII: Recordings

Were you expecting recordings? No, I’d rather just add this to my list of unfinished things that I really should do and let it sit here for a few months. On a good note, though, I’ve almost completely finished my Semi-FI, after a few helpful changes.

And I’ve completely finished my Dopp rush, which merely meant that I had to remove the recording section and pretend that it never existed.

Recordings coming soon.

[This message has been edited by DuolcKrad (edited 02-02-2009 @ 08:10 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 02-02-09 08:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 36  
    Nice guide, hope you complete it bud .
    posted 02-02-09 09:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 36  
    nice job. Only problem is that your opponent can do cav which they will raid you with (villagers off trees means no fish boats/houses) additionally you abus can't really do much vs the cav especially if they see a foundry and put up a stable.

QUACK
    posted 02-02-09 10:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36  
    Good guide, get some recordings up and I bet cookie will accept it.
    posted 02-02-09 10:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36  
    yes very well written, you get my approval

good detail, may not work in every situation but im sure its a good strategy to know in some situations.

iTech64
    My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
    My Mapguides: Northwest Territories
    posted 02-02-09 11:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36  
    tbh i think it is best if your ff or boom, not both. Your not gunna be able to hold a half decent player with 10 abus and i think your being quite optimistic in thinking hussars will be held off with only abus and your tc.

you also say
    All of the other villagers should mine gold, with one or two finishing the gathering of hunts or herding new ones. New villagers should go to gold as well.
    so were are you going to get the 1200 odd food from to get to fort? certainly not from fishing and 1-2 vills on hunts (or whatever) are gunna take a vlong time.

and also come to think about i were are you even gunna get the food for your abus. And if your aim is for fort then building gold heavy troops is stupid.

just nonononononononononononon

You would be better off making jans instead of abus, having vills 70%/30% food to coin and sending your 700 wood 2nd card for booming, then 600wood 3rd (building another docks) and more boats. Once you got about 10 fishing boats on food tc waypoint to wood and start replacing food vills with wood vills. After you have set up your eco if your oponant is leaving you be the send 700gol and age.

To be quite honest you have put so much time into formating (which you did well) that you have forgot to write anything decent i cant see how any sensible person could see this as a vaiable strat.

ok im ranting now but im kinda feed up with people submiting crap just to get a special name or whatever i think it degrades the forums and the players that post in them.

Mudkips did 9/11 - The way I see it is, I'm playing this game for the fun of it, not to prove that I have a fiery E-wang of doom.

[This message has been edited by retribution1423 (edited 02-02-2009 @ 11:26 PM).]

posted 02-03-09 03:34 AM EDT (US)     6 / 36  
    Phew. I saw S and then FF and then Ottoman and thought that someone had hacked into my computer and stolen one of my latest write ups...

Then, I opened it and saw Schooners and Semi and was like phew.
    posted 02-03-09 03:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 36  
    Hmm the 700 gold sent is used on abus pretty much, 10 abus = 1000 gold. This would leave you to need to gather the full amount of age up resources, i.e. 1200 food and 1000 gold. I doubt you can make it to fortress in 9 minutes, just with a few additional fishing boats

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
    Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
    BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
    posted 02-03-09 05:32 AM EDT (US)     8 / 36  
    I like the idea of an otto semi ff with a fish boom. But I don't understand why you build 10 abus, its alot easier to build some jans. You could harass him early on with a group of jans so he might think he is gonna get rushed, then you surprise him by going for fortress and you can pull out some very powerfull shipments, backed up by a superior eco.

And why not send 700 wood as first card in colonial?, I would use the 700 gold to age up to fortress.

Overall nice guide , much better then those worthless map guides!

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
    ESO:Bart331

[This message has been edited by Bart331 (edited 02-03-2009 @ 05:33 AM).]

posted 02-03-09 05:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 36  
    Overall nice guide , much better then those worthless map guides!
    Wtf. Don't see you doing anything.

DuolcKrad, is this for TAD or Vanilla?
    posted 02-03-09 06:10 AM EDT (US)     10 / 36  
    If you read it james, you will notice he has a section VI: variations, where he describes how this should be utilized in TAD

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
    ESO:Bart331
    posted 02-03-09 06:20 AM EDT (US)     11 / 36  
    tbh i think it is best if your ff or boom, not both. Your not gunna be able to hold a half decent player with 10 abus and i think your being quite optimistic in thinking hussars will be held off with only abus and your tc.
    10 Abus + TC > 3 Hussars

Any more than that, and you should obviously not be making Abus.
    so were are you going to get the 1200 odd food from to get to fort? certainly not from fishing and 1-2 vills on hunts (or whatever) are gunna take a vlong time.
    Move villagers to food from gold if you have too much gold.
    and also come to think about i were are you even gunna get the food for your abus. And if your aim is for fort then building gold heavy troops is stupid.
    See comment above.
    You would be better off making jans instead of abus, having vills 70%/30% food to coin and sending your 700 wood 2nd card for booming, then 600wood 3rd (building another docks) and more boats. Once you got about 10 fishing boats on food tc waypoint to wood and start replacing food vills with wood vills. After you have set up your eco if your oponant is leaving you be the send 700gol and age.
    Plenty > Jans alone, especially out of a single rax. And shipping 700 wood followed by 600 wood and then 700 gold makes your age-up time too late.

If you want to start booming from two docks immediately, ship 700 wood first, but shipping 600 after that is pointless. With 3 villagers on wood, you already have enough to make fishing boats out of one dock. A few more lets you do it out of two docks, but wasting a shipment on more wood when you can send almost twice as much in Fortress is weaker.

More replies later.
    posted 02-03-09 06:22 AM EDT (US)     12 / 36  
    But I don't understand why you build 10 abus, its alot easier to build some jans.
    Hmm the 700 gold sent is used on abus pretty much, 10 abus = 1000 gold. This would leave you to need to gather the full amount of age up resources
    I agree with this, I think 10 abus is a huge investment which slows you down a lot and are extremely vulnerable without protection. TC-fire just isn't enough to protect you from those hussars. As long as they don't see you artillery foundry you're ok, but if they scout it you're pretty much screwed.

EDIT: And I don't mean the hussar 3 shipment. If I see an artillery foundry, the first thing I'm gonna do is building a stable.

Jannies are very all-round and don't cost as much gold. Maybe it's better to build a few of them instead of the abus. This way you are quicker in age 3 and more protected from cav.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
    [TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
    -Voltaire
    "A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato

[This message has been edited by Ha_Luke (edited 02-03-2009 @ 06:24 AM).]

posted 02-03-09 07:30 AM EDT (US)     13 / 36  
    I use a strat quite like this in vanilla and it works great. Cant really notice any big flaw in this strat. But wouldn't it be better to use the fish boom to power a jan nd abus rush? Then maybe go to fortress when the enemy is crippled.

Cash is the topic,the object a fatter pocket
    Some take the crack and chop it
    But those who don't have it don't take the added profit
    It's catastrophic.

[This message has been edited by CrIpZFuRy (edited 02-03-2009 @ 07:31 AM).]

posted 02-03-09 08:48 AM EDT (US)     14 / 36  

Move villagers to food from gold if you have too much gold.text
    if you build 10 abus your not gunna have to much gold, and im not that keen on the idea of relying on a strat that is bases on hoping you have enough gold.
    + TC > 3 Hussars
    well he is obviously gunna scout you and if he sees no rax but a foundry your gunna have more than 3 huss. either way even if he only has 3huss he is not gunna send them to there deaths near your base lol.
    Plenty > Jans alone, especially out of a single rax. And shipping 700 wood followed by 600 wood and then 700 gold makes your age-up time too late.
    If you want to start booming from two docks immediately, ship 700 wood first, but shipping 600 after that is pointless. With 3 villagers on wood, you already have enough to make fishing boats out of one dock. A few more lets you do it out of two docks, but wasting a shipment on more wood when you can send almost twice as much in Fortress is weaker.
    why wouldnt you want to start booming with 2 docks imediatly in a boom strat? plus there is point in sending 600 wood after becuse it frees up your 3 vills on wood(which is not enough anyway) to go on gold/food so you can make more jans - so you wont lose.... You also have to use much of your 700 wood on housing etc so the 600 i find is always nice.

are you aware of how fast 15+ boats can fish 1200 food with some help from your vills. TBH booming properly will get you to fort quicker than this strat will.

Mudkips did 9/11 - The way I see it is, I'm playing this game for the fun of it, not to prove that I have a fiery E-wang of doom.

[This message has been edited by retribution1423 (edited 02-03-2009 @ 08:50 AM).]

posted 02-03-09 03:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36  
    Hmm the 700 gold sent is used on abus pretty much, 10 abus = 1000 gold. This would leave you to need to gather the full amount of age up resources, i.e. 1200 food and 1000 gold. I doubt you can make it to fortress in 9 minutes, just with a few additional fishing boats
    But you can. Of course, if you don’t expect a rush, you can avoid the second batch of Abus or avoid building units entirely, which speeds it up considerably.
    I like the idea of an otto semi ff with a fish boom. But I don't understand why you build 10 abus, its alot easier to build some jans. You could harass him early on with a group of jans so he might think he is gonna get rushed, then you surprise him by going for fortress and you can pull out some very powerfull shipments, backed up by a superior eco.
    Then harass with Abus instead. I prefer to make Abus for this instead of Jans because most people expect an Ottoman to go with Jans, but if the situation requires Jans instead of Abus, the answer is obvious.

I suppose that harassment might be better with Jans than Abus, but in that case I’d usually just go with a Stable and train 5-10 Hussars for a real raiding force.
    I agree with this, I think 10 abus is a huge investment which slows you down a lot and are extremely vulnerable without protection. TC-fire just isn't enough to protect you from those hussars. As long as they don't see you artillery foundry you're ok, but if they scout it you're pretty much screwed.

EDIT: And I don't mean the hussar 3 shipment. If I see an artillery foundry, the first thing I'm gonna do is building a stable.

Jannies are very all-round and don't cost as much gold. Maybe it's better to build a few of them instead of the abus. This way you are quicker in age 3 and more protected from cav.
    If a Stable goes up, make Jans instead. But I find that this should only happen if a Stable is going up, not a Barracks. Anything short of 15 Jans produced and 5 shipped will lose to a strong Musket rush, and against Longbows or Skirms (and possibly double-rax Xbows), Jans will fail miserably.

Basically, if I see a Barracks go up and my opponent is Ottomans, I make a Barracks too. The problem is just taking a different form by making a Barracks instead of a Foundry.
    if you build 10 abus your not gunna have to much gold, and im not that keen on the idea of relying on a strat that is bases on hoping you have enough gold.
    And you have a 700 gold shipment come in.
    well he is obviously gunna scout you and if he sees no rax but a foundry your gunna have more than 3 huss. either way even if he only has 3huss he is not gunna send them to there deaths near your base lol.
    And if you see a Stable, then make Jans instead of Abus.
    why wouldnt you want to start booming with 2 docks imediatly in a boom strat? plus there is point in sending 600 wood after becuse it frees up your 3 vills on wood(which is not enough anyway) to go on gold/food so you can make more jans - so you wont lose.... You also have to use much of your 700 wood on housing etc so the 600 i find is always nice.

are you aware of how fast 15+ boats can fish 1200 food with some help from your vills. TBH booming properly will get you to fort quicker than this strat will.
    3 villagers are negligible compared to the combined power of Schooners and villagers. Also, 600 wood isn’t necessary in any case, because 700 wood lets you build a second dock if you really want it. Housing so early in the game is not as important as you think. A standard 400 wood start gives two houses and a TC, or 30 populaltion, from the Quartermaster aging. Another 300 wood is all that’s required, leaving you 400 wood to build a second dock and proceed to have 5 more fishing boats ready to be queued.

By the time those fishing boats are done, you can already be in Fortress and ready to send 1,000 wood. And, if not, you can be there with minimal idle dock time, and then convert a few more villagers to wood and build a Rax + houses upon entering it.
    posted 02-04-09 00:02 AM EDT (US)     16 / 36  
    tbh even with the 700gold shipment your going to be low on gold after make those abus and if your not low on gold your going to be low on food as your going to have to many gold vills to over compensate for the ammount of gold spent on the abus.

I realy think that your best bet is to boom or ff, you can trust me on this as i used a simlar strat once and every time i used it i lost. Its bassicaly to much res for to smaller eco.

You also have to ask your self what is the point in going to fort? people useualy ff to get a millitary advantage not an economic one so what advantage are you trying to get that would not be avaible to you in age 2. And how does the fact youve got a couple of fishing boats help you?

You say yourself you havent try this out much, tbh i think you should try it out now and see how well you do vs a decent oponant. i just cant see it working vwell.

posted 02-04-09 06:53 AM EDT (US)     17 / 36  
    tbh even with the 700gold shipment your going to be low on gold after make those abus and if your not low on gold your going to be low on food as your going to have to many gold vills to over compensate for the ammount of gold spent on the abus.
    But you aren't. With a 4:00 aging, you have plenty of time to gather gold while still getting a strong Fortress time.
    I realy think that your best bet is to boom or ff, you can trust me on this as i used a simlar strat once and every time i used it i lost. Its bassicaly to much res for to smaller eco.
    But it isn't too many resources.
    You also have to ask your self what is the point in going to fort? people useualy ff to get a millitary advantage not an economic one so what advantage are you trying to get that would not be avaible to you in age 2. And how does the fact youve got a couple of fishing boats help you?
    Economic and military advantage? No wai.
    You say yourself you havent try this out much, tbh i think you should try it out now and see how well you do vs a decent oponant. i just cant see it working vwell.
    I have been able to age up by 9:00 though. I'll even go and collect a rec and post it when I get a chance.
    posted 02-04-09 10:34 AM EDT (US)     18 / 36  
    yes good idea, im going to have to see this to belive it.

posted 02-04-09 04:11 PM EDT (US)     19 / 36  
    Here you go. It's not my best rec as far as most of the elements of the strategy go (Abus vs. Hussars, poor micro, etc), but I hit Fortress at 9:00.
    posted 02-04-09 05:02 PM EDT (US)     20 / 36  
    nybble is a decent player so don't feel bad you will play better with it next time.
    posted 02-04-09 05:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 36  
    All your games says invalid so maybe you need to fix this so people can watch it?
    posted 02-04-09 05:25 PM EDT (US)     22 / 36  
    Phew. I saw S and then FF and then Ottoman and thought that someone had hacked into my computer and stolen one of my latest write ups...

Then, I opened it and saw Schooners and Semi and was like phew.
    LOL james, did ur heart stop bc u thought he "stole" your brilliant idea to make some jan and go to fortress?

You must of been relieved to find out he did not steal a MS's guide.
    posted 02-04-09 06:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 36  
    If a Stable goes up, make Jans instead. But I find that this should only happen if a Stable is going up, not a Barracks. Anything short of 15 Jans produced and 5 shipped will lose to a strong Musket rush, and against Longbows or Skirms (and possibly double-rax Xbows), Jans will fail miserably.

Basically, if I see a Barracks go up and my opponent is Ottomans, I make a Barracks too. The problem is just taking a different form by making a Barracks instead of a Foundry.
    the only problem is that as ottoman you will be aging up faster, so you will be building your military building earlier than the enemy, so if they see an otto putting up a foundry most people will put down a stable and take down your abus+ keeping your vills off wood, then IMO they can usually win. I'll take a look at some records though when i have time... nybble's pretty good, so not saying much if you lost to him using this strat.

QUACK
    posted 02-04-09 07:21 PM EDT (US)     24 / 36  
    All your games says invalid so maybe you need to fix this so people can watch it?
    I wish they'd stop doing that.
    the only problem is that as ottoman you will be aging up faster, so you will be building your military building earlier than the enemy, so if they see an otto putting up a foundry most people will put down a stable and take down your abus+ keeping your vills off wood, then IMO they can usually win. I'll take a look at some records though when i have time... nybble's pretty good, so not saying much if you lost to him using this strat.
    Delay the placing of it, hide it, or build a Rax and Foundry.

Also, I <3 nybble.
    posted 02-04-09 07:39 PM EDT (US)     25 / 36  
    Does anyone know why the games go invalid so you can help duolckrad fix it and allow others to watch his OP strats ?
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The Ottoman SSFF
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames