Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The ultimate strat guide
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 04-25-09 11:40 PM EDT (US)   
The Best Guide EVER!!!
--- A CrazyLunatic production… ©2009
First off, before you start reading this OP strat, i recommend that you listen to this
for some superb background music that will truly relax you while you read this super OP strat.
Secondly, I would like to summarize my strat to you over here. However, it would perhaps be much much more informative and useful to look at my xfire video that comprises nearly all the techniques summarized below. (Preferably read first and then check out this)
Technique #1- The Villager Trap
If there is a large (or small) amount of villagers roaming around, this technique will help you corner them and destroy them before the enemy can supply reinforcements. Therefore you will be able to kill more villagers and thus have a much stronger eco than the enemy. First off, the best civ for this is germany since germany can send tilly’s discipline in addition to advanced arsenal which will greatly enhance the speed of infantry such as pikemen or dopplers.
Step 1- Since it is later game you should be able to get a mass of pikes (please veteranize them, it makes them look super cool) or upgraded dopples (look even cooler) NOTE: You MUST get military drummers from AA and if Germany get tilly’s discipline as well.

Step 2- Scout a bit, with explorer or other scouting units (tip: uhlans work well as scouts). IT is mandatory to find some villagers, the more the better. Alternatively if you’re awesome like me you could just research spies and find all they have

Step 3- Put the melee infantry in melee mode. This will make them run the fastest and will easily be able to get villagers. Rush the melee infantry up to the villager(s) and surround them. DO NOT ATTACK THE VILLAGERS WITH MELEE INFANTRY this will result in your computer blowing up if you did so intentionally.
[JPEG, (151.25 KB)]
Step 4- Put the melee infantry into cover mode position (or defense) this will create a circle around the enemy villagers, try to move the circle around so that the villagers are stuck right in the middle. Immediately after doing so press the stand ground button. This will cause the infantry to stop and create a super barrier around the villagers, the poor vulnerable villagers are in big trouble now.
[JPEG, (711.89 KB)]
Step 5- The EXECUTION. To execute the villagers you must use finesse, you shouldn’t just run in some cav/infantry to kill them. I prefer using culvereins, this is very humane as it will shoot the villager from a long range therefore the villager won’t even be scared since they won’t be able to see the culv from that far away. I also use outposts as well, therefore the villagers don’t see the face of the person killing them since the executioner is hiding in a big wood (stone if you upgrade as recommended) tower.
[JPEG, (386.08 KB)]
[JPEG, (242.16 KB)]
WARNING: Do NOT send the card that increases doppler hp and attack but lowers speed. This card will completely ruin this strat since the dopples will then not be able to catch up to the vills as nicely.

Additionally I would like to point out that contrary to popular beliefs StrategicJoeL was right after all!!! Veteran pikes definitely are really OP (especially at 6+ speed with tilly’s discipline + military drummers).
If you don’t believe me look at this yourself:
Early on in the battle
[JPEG, (381.01 KB)]
At the end of the battle
[JPEG, (376.01 KB)]
As you can see the pikes were victorious and despite their heavy casualties, they managed to destroy the many imperial gendarmes.

Special thanks to 1x1 , without him these screen shots would not have been possible
Special thanks to StrategicJoeL, he inspired me to create this.
Special thanks to the person who made a topic saying that hg is lacking in new ideas which inspired me to create something original
Special thanks to LordKivlov for not closing this topic

BTW, this strat requires EXTENSIVE micro. I had to use a control group for pikes, another for dopples and another for culvs. Additionally you need to be clicking really fast to keep pace with villagers (you'll witness this in video)
Have fun pwning people with this super OP strat

K, done reading? Well now I HIGHLY recommend going back and reading through the strat again so that you will remember it better.
here is the link for the strat again so you can have it open two times for twice the fun!!!

QUACK

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 05-09-2009 @ 11:00 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-25-09 11:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 143  
oh my gosh! lol to the extreme. I was lol'ing the whole time. I love how you are so humane in your execution of villagers also, Lunatic. It touches my heart! Using outposts regardless of their .3 negative vill deduction. and culves!? haha (still lol'ing).

organ gunz are chuck norris daddy!

[This message has been edited by StrategicJoeL (edited 04-26-2009 @ 00:05 AM).]

posted 04-25-09 11:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 143  
*predicts kivlov will come and say "obvious troll is obvious", just like in my joke thread.*

It's all in good fun kiv, the forum needs a little humor to break the tension sometimes

Need a quick way to get laid? Chaplain gives you results.
"Screw me if I'm wrong, but haven't we met?"
"Damn girl, you have more curves than a race track."
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that name tag was in Braille."
"If I were you, I would have sex with me."
3 reasons I am the sexxyest forumer: Raiding Cav... - China Merc... - Aztecian coloni... <-- howzat?
posted 04-26-09 00:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 143  
k I delete cuirs now?

Love it.
posted 04-26-09 00:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 143  
BTW, Lunatic are you Sundil?
no, i'm StrategicJoeL /sarcasm
*predicts kivlov will come and say "obvious troll is obvious", just like in my joke thread.*
what? My friend, this is how people truly play...

QUACK
posted 04-26-09 00:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 143  
BTW, Lunatic are you Sundil?

no, i'm StrategicJoeL /sarcasm
I wrote that before the vid had finished loading, lol. I just saw your name in the screenshots and at agesanc.

posted 04-26-09 00:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 143  
Makes me want to buy the expansion set.
posted 04-26-09 01:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 143  
Makes me want to buy the expansion set.
it was all done on vanilla.

QUACK
posted 04-26-09 01:22 AM EDT (US)     8 / 143  
Whoops. When I saw the spies thing, I was thinking expansion, but now realize spies are available in Age V... my bad.

Thanks. You saved me some money. I can't wait to perfect this strat on the unsuspecting.

Due to what I'm sure will be widespread adaptation, I hope you're working on The Best Guide Ever - Part 2!!!
posted 04-26-09 01:23 AM EDT (US)     9 / 143  
the soldiers all dancing in a circle around the guy looked pretty cultic lol. How do you make formations like that anyways?

posted 04-26-09 01:31 AM EDT (US)     10 / 143  
the soldiers all dancing in a circle around the guy looked pretty cultic lol. How do you make formations like that anyways?
go to menu, options, then press enable advanced formations. Then when selecting a group of units on the right side of screen you will see different options (defense mode, melee mode, stagger mode, etc...)

QUACK
posted 04-26-09 01:35 AM EDT (US)     11 / 143  
but is there a "circle mode" lol?

posted 04-26-09 01:47 AM EDT (US)     12 / 143  

It's all in good fun kiv, the forum needs a little humor to break the tension sometimes
There is a clear difference between satire and trolling. Although the pike/cuir thing was rather trollish, the rest was amusing.

Defense = Square
Cover = Circle

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 04-26-2009 @ 02:25 AM).]

posted 04-26-09 01:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 143  
Next time you do this, in any thread (Including ones that are going to be closed), I will write you up for spamming, any successive posts like it after that will result in a ban.

Tired of it.

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 04-26-2009 @ 02:12 AM).]

posted 04-26-09 02:33 AM EDT (US)     14 / 143  
Next time you do this, in any thread (Including ones that are going to be closed), I will write you up for spamming, any successive posts like it after that will result in a ban.
hold a sec. You're telling me that? lol. Last time i checked you weren't a mod :P (and you also tend to post a lot more useless junk than me)
There is a clear difference between satire and trolling. Although the pike/cuir thing was rather trollish, the rest was amusing.

I <3 kiv

QUACK
posted 04-26-09 02:46 AM EDT (US)     15 / 143  
hold a sec. You're telling me that? lol. Last time i checked you weren't a mod :P (and you also tend to post a lot more useless junk than me)
that was Kivov telling me off, not you. if you look at the bottom of my post you will see that it was kivlov that edited it. To be honest, I think about half of my posts say "edited by LordKivlov" under them, lol.

[This message has been edited by StrategicJoeL (edited 04-26-2009 @ 02:47 AM).]

posted 04-26-09 03:11 AM EDT (US)     16 / 143  
that was Kivov telling me off, not you. if you look at the bottom of my post you will see that it was kivlov that edited it. To be honest, I think about half of my posts say "edited by LordKivlov" under them, lol.
lol ah i see it now... haha

QUACK
posted 04-26-09 07:42 AM EDT (US)     17 / 143  
i dont think i found something so funny since i saw the strelets vsing the curries, who got sorted out by the monster truck.

Mudkips did 9/11 - The way I see it is, I'm playing this game for the fun of it, not to prove that I have a fiery E-wang of doom.
posted 04-26-09 09:45 AM EDT (US)     18 / 143  
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
Lol
I had to use a control group for pikes, another for dopples and another for culvs.
I love you.

Otherwise, pretty OP strat, I am afraid of the day when you use this against me.
posted 04-26-09 10:13 AM EDT (US)     19 / 143  
congratulations on your promotion, Lunatic!

posted 04-26-09 10:59 AM EDT (US)     20 / 143  
me wan'tz a new naem. stratejy hir:

bild villis put tham on food up age villies on wood bild pikkes umtil 2oo p0p armi villies on gold up age delete pikkkis bild can0ns 4 XP up age delit caonons bild babari cosshiarz go 2 hiz base GG U WINNN!!!!!!! konw 1 canz cownter itz!!!!!

[This message has been edited by StrategicJoeL (edited 04-26-2009 @ 11:00 AM).]

posted 04-26-09 11:02 AM EDT (US)     21 / 143  
[BritishAccent]Do you have any idea how much I hate you?[/BritishAccent]
I love John Cleese.

[This message has been edited by TwentyLemon (edited 04-26-2009 @ 11:03 AM).]

posted 04-26-09 11:19 AM EDT (US)     22 / 143  
Killing vils with culverins is humane? Imagine that you and your friends are surrounded by a menacing army of pikes, getting your heads picked off one by one and you don't even know how. D:

Loved the text in the screenshots btw.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
posted 04-26-09 11:32 AM EDT (US)     23 / 143  
BTW, using 4 culvs to reduce a CDB to a crater is what you call humane? Americans.

Also, just a thought, wouldn't spanish be pretty good at this, or are pikman with sombrero thingies on their head not serious enough for an execution?

Need a quick way to get laid? Chaplain gives you results.
"Screw me if I'm wrong, but haven't we met?"
"Damn girl, you have more curves than a race track."
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that name tag was in Braille."
"If I were you, I would have sex with me."
3 reasons I am the sexxyest forumer: Raiding Cav... - China Merc... - Aztecian coloni... <-- howzat?
posted 04-26-09 11:52 AM EDT (US)     24 / 143  
BTW, using 4 culvs to reduce a CDB to a crater is what you call humane? Americans.
Learn 2 Count :P there are 5 culvs.

BTW, if anyone's wondering about the veteran musk thing, this strat wasn't included in that promotion :P

QUACK
posted 04-26-09 12:02 PM EDT (US)     25 / 143  
Yeah me and Luis use this to cover people's cannon that are left undefended in Treaty before the timer is up ^_^

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The ultimate strat guide
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames