Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Iroquois BB Rush
posted 07-09-09 02:06 AM EDT (US)   
Iroquois BB RushTAD 1.02 - By James246

Now that Trading Posts have been reduced to 200 Wood, it has indirectly boosted the Iroquois, and after this little boost, I thought that I would start to play the Iroquois. Yes, I may be a lamer. Hahaha. It is when I came across this strategy that I thought ‘Wow – I didn’t realise it was that fast!’ I hope that you enjoy my guide!

Introduction

The Iroquois BB Rush is a rush of the Iroquois that uses the power of strong, colonial military shipments along with the ability to press the ‘Big Button’ at the Town Centre early in the Colonial Age, providing you with an early military boost. The ‘Big Button’ is a special feature only available to the native civilisations in Age of Empires 3: The War Chiefs. They are great as they provide an extra boost to your military or economy.

In this guide I will try to show you the basics of the Iroquois BB Rush and other things such as what shipments to send first against what civilisation, and many other things.

Deck

Times

Click Age-Up Button – 3:10 – 3:40
Reach Age 2 – 3:40 – 4:10

Pressing the BB – 4:10 – 4:40
11 Tomahawks – 4:20 – 4:50

Build Order

Age 1
•Select 4 Villagers and assign them onto one food crate so you can get 100 Food ASAP. Put the other Villagers onto the nearest huntables (Deer, Bison etc.).
•Move your Travois around to scout around your base to find your 2nd and 3rd group of huntables.
•As soon as you see your 2nd and 3rd hunts, start herding them back to your Town Centre.
•Get your War Chief to collect any small treasures around the Town Centre, converting them as needed.
•Once you have 100 Food, queue up 1 Villager at the Town Centre and move 2 Villagers from the crates to the huntables.
•Collect all the food crates, but if you start with 300 Wood, only collect 200 of it. Leave the coin crate if you get one.
•When you get 200 Wood, build a Trading Post with your explorer.
•Build a Longhouse with your Travois.
•Now this is a really great feature that again only the native civilisations have. Your War Chief. He is great, as he can convert treasure guardians which make it a lot easier to get those treasures.
•Keep queuing Villagers at your Town Centre. We’ll be wanting to age with 15 Villagers in total.
•First Card: 3 Villagers
•Keep scouting and treasure hunting as needed.
•When you get 15 Villagers and 800 Food, it is time to age up. Age up with ‘The Messenger’ politician.

Transition Age 1 -> Age 2
•Queue up 1 Villager at the Town Centre.
•Move 3 to 5 Villagers to wood depending on if you started with an 100 Wood Crate or got any Wood treasures.
•Find a good Forward Base site.

Age 2
•Send your Colonial Travois to your Forward Base site.
•Ship 6 Tomahawks.
•Build your Forward War Hut.
•When you get 500 Food, click the ‘Iroquois Scouting Party Big Button’ at the Town Centre.
•Set your HC Drop off point at your War Hut.
•You should now have 11 Tomahawks, your WarChief and any converted Treasure Guardians.

•Head into your opponents base to harass. Aim to kill any villagers, houses or military buildings being built. If you see a small group of military, kill it if you can. Fall back if he calls Minutemen. If he does call Minutemen at any stage, fall back and wait about 10 seconds, then come back in and do the area crack shot with your War Chief. It will kill most if not all of the Minutemen.
•Remember to keep your War Chief with your army. He gives them a great boost.
•Build houses as needed, and adjust your villagers accordingly.
•Continue to produce Villagers nonstop.
•Keep making Tomahawks from your War Hut.
•You can now either ship 7 Aennas if he is going heavy on the Heavy Infantry, or ship 4 Kanya Horsemen if he is going heavy on the Ranged Infantry.
•Build more Tomahawks or Aennas depending on what he is building.
•When fighting, it is a great idea to mix in your Tomahawks with your Aennas as he will find it extremely hard to pick them from each other when trying to kill the Aennas with his cavalry.
•Remember to keep harassing as you really have the advantage early on.
•If the game goes on and you are finding it hard to siege his base, it is a great idea to send Town Destroyer as it really helps take down those buildings fast!
•From here on in you have a variation of shipments to send which include 6 Aennas , Infantry HP , Infantry Attack , 5 Villagers , 600 Wood , Town Destroyer and even 600 Coin if you want to head to the third age.

Variations

Against French

Ship 4 Kanyas first. It allows you to take out his Crossbows and CDB early on.

Against Ottoman

Ship 4 Kanyas first if you see an Artirelly Foundry for Abus Guns.

Against Japanese

Ship 7 Aenna first for fighting his Ashigaru Musketeers.

Against Indians

Ship 7 Aenna first for fighting his Sepoys

Does this work on Fan Patch 1.1a?

While the AgeSanctuary Fan Patch team nerfed this in the patch, it is still useful but is just not as fast. You can still use it, but it just isn’t as strong due to a) the ‘Iroquois Scouting Party Big Button’ being changed to 450 Food and 100 Wood, b) the 7 Aenna shipment being reduced to 6, meaning you have two 6 Aenna shipments, c) Tomahawks attacking being reduced to 13 from 14, d) War Chief HP being reduced from 500 to 450 and e) The ‘The Messenger’ fast age politician being slowed down by 10 seconds.

Recorded Games

[A-US] James246 (Iroquois) vs Queen Elizabeth (British) on Great Plains
Simple game showing the basics of the Iroquois BB Rush. Queen Elizabeth makes me run around the map looking for her explorer

[A-US]James246 (Iroquois) vs [A-US] Aizamk (Portuguese) on Araucania
Iroquois BB Rush against a Portuguese Colonial. Rush was a bit slow as the map is so large that it takes a while to move units around the map

Conclusion

Well I hope that you liked reading my guide and I’ll be happy to accept any constructive criticism.

[This message has been edited by A_US_James246 (edited 07-10-2009 @ 01:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-09-09 02:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
Nice guide James
posted 07-09-09 06:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
i had faced this strat twice and i must say this is extremely powerful.

the only thing that can actually beat this is the otto fast jan rush(wher u sell off ur wood). well atleast it worked for me. all you have to do is to kill the colonial travois with your jans and then just harass his eco.get an artillery foundry with 700 wood and train abus with another 700 coin shipment. then just micro intensively with your abus and put your jans on mellee.

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"

[This message has been edited by pramit (edited 07-09-2009 @ 06:08 AM).]

posted 07-09-09 07:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
Teaching people to lame, what a nice idea, wow James you're such a great guy.

kidding, nice strat.
posted 07-09-09 08:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
Teaching people to lame, what a nice idea, wow James you're such a great guy.
posted 07-09-09 10:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
Yeah I do that...it's lame! but y age with 16 vills and I don't queue a vill in transition to colonial, so I can make de BB asap (I keep all vills to food, then I have to move them to wood fast to make a house) and I always send 7 aennas, it's always better to have 2 types of military ^^ (ok maybe better the tamas for killing building..)

If your opponent does fb he's dead, you will probably kill his vills befre he can do it (not if he's russia or otto, which are faster)

I won bart331's brits 3 times with this lol (he tryed walling in, doing towers...)
wow I think I've never lost with iros... but I don't play them much (only rised 1 level in the hc)
posted 07-09-09 10:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
i have always found kanya's the best to ship third. the opponent makes tons of LI to counter your tomma's, and then gets his LI all massacred by your kanyas. putting up a stable if the game goes on is essential to replace your kanyas.

organ gunz are chuck norris daddy!
posted 07-09-09 11:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
I won bart331's brits 3 times with this lol (he tryed walling in, doing towers...)
Wow :/

Yeah I could not beat this as Aztecs the other day. Nice guide James.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
posted 07-09-09 11:12 AM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
but y age with 16 vills
You don't. You age with 15. You just queue one up during transition so your TC isn't idle while waiting for the 500 Food for the BB.
and I always send 7 aennas, it's always better to have 2 types of military
I wouldn't say so early on. I prefer just the Tomahawks unless against France or Ottoman (Toma+Kanya) or Japan or India (Toma+Aenna)
i have always found kanya's the best to ship third. the opponent makes tons of LI to counter your tomma's, and then gets his LI all massacred by your kanyas.
It depends on what your opponnent is making. If I see him making lots of RI, I'll send the Kanyas. If he is making lots of HI, I'll send the Aenna's and start making Aenna's as well.
putting up a stable if the game goes on is essential to replace your kanyas.
That's just obvious
Yeah I could not beat this as Aztecs the other day.
I was looking at my FB and Base constantly while attacking you waiting for the Skull Knights + WarChief to appear But they never did
posted 07-09-09 11:59 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME~!!!!!!!!!!!

QUACK
posted 07-09-09 12:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
pretty guide... I often rush with Iroquois so its nice to see a guide with them.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
posted 07-09-09 12:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
Nice guide James, it does a great job of instructing people on how to execute the simple, but powerful Iroquois BB rush.

I did find a couple of mistakes with pictures and other things.

During the Transition:
Move 3 to 5 Villagers to wood depending on if you started with an 100 Wood Crate or got any Wood treasures.
You might want to have that say "if you started with 300 wood", or "if you have a 100 wood crate left over."

Under Age II:
Minutemen at any stage, fall back and wait about 10 seconds
I think you might have to wait a little longer than that for the crackshot to kill them all. :P

Under Age II:
You can now either ship 7 Aennas if he is going heavy on the Heavy Infantry, or ship 4 Kanya Horsemen if he is going heavy on the Ranged Infantry.
After it says this, there are two pictures of the 7 Aenna shipment. I think the second one is supposed to be a picture of the 4 Kanya Horsemen shipment.

Under Age II:
f the game goes on and you are finding it hard to siege his base, it is a great idea to send Town Destroyer as it really helps take down those buildings fast!
After you say this there is a picture of the 600 coin shipment, I think you meant for it to be a picture of the Town Destroyer.

Under Age II:

When you are listing the variation of shipments that can be used for the rest of the colonial age after you say 5 villagers there is a picture of infantry combat (Age III card) instead of the 5 villager shipment.

Just a few things for you to fix up.

But seriously this is a great guide, I like the layout. Well done.

ESO: Temerit
Favorite Comics: Stephen Colbert and John Stewart
posted 07-10-09 01:07 AM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
Alright I fixed up all of the images. Thanks
posted 07-10-09 04:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
@ Joel and James:

The 4 Kanya shipment can be very well used as your first card, now that's lame. ^^
posted 07-10-09 07:02 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
Yes - 4 Kanya's is useful agaisnt French and Ottoman (if you know he is going to go Abus) as your first card.
posted 07-10-09 07:46 AM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
VS china I would suggest to ship 4 kanya too, as CKN absolutely rape tomas.
posted 07-10-09 09:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
You just may be an Iroquois lamer if...

...FP still stands for Forest prowler to you, after 2 fan patches.

...Your regimental flag is the 106th Ohio Tomahawks.

...you have your big buttons on hotkeys.

...you think Kanye West is a cavalry strat on NWT.

Your next-door neighbor may be an Iroquois lamer if...

...you wake up to the sound of your villagers screaming and glass breaking every day.

...your front lawn ornament is your neighbor's age-up warhut.

...you can't get a decent night's rest for all the travois dancing going on next door.

...aennas come to your door all hours asking for donations for their summer archery program.

...there is a travois up on blocks in his driveway.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 07-10-2009 @ 09:29 AM).]

posted 07-10-09 10:00 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
Your next-door neighbor may be an Iroquois lamer if...

...you wake up to the sound of your villagers screaming and glass breaking every day.

...your front lawn ornament is your neighbor's age-up warhut./q]

Best two in my opinion.

Wub Saffah
posted 07-10-09 12:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
You never know... hm, maybe I should do a guide. Are standard China colonial or Sioux AR/BR colonial taken?

ESO: Temerit
Favorite Comics: Stephen Colbert and John Stewart
posted 07-10-09 12:32 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
VS china I would suggest to ship 4 kanya too, as CKN absolutely rape tomas.
just that china doesn't usually have any army before 5 mins

QUACK
posted 07-10-09 01:30 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
lol saffah had a funny moment there.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
posted 07-10-09 03:20 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
just that china doesn't usually have any army before 5 mins
You will vs iros.
posted 07-10-09 03:38 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
French can stop this rush!

Building 1 tower + sending 8 xbow + CdB h&r and garrisoning on tc destroyed my iro rush...

I seriously don't know why it's called BB rush, only 5 units come from BB lol
posted 07-10-09 11:03 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Cookie already posted an updated version of the SEAR I think.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 07-13-09 02:26 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
that Siamese Elephant and Artichoke Rush is so OP!

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Iroquois BB Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames