Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 10 Musket Semi- FF
posted 10-03-09 07:30 PM EDT (US)   
French 10 Musket Semi-FFREv1.02

Overview:

• The aim of this strategy is to harass or defend with muskets, and age to with a good eco, while keeping the opponent busy. The amount of harassment, batches of muskets and age-up politician all depend on the civilization, and their actions. This strategy is incredibly dependent on your opponent, their units, and how they are playing. I copied iTech64's format and a good bit of his guide as well
    Times:

Discovery Age

0:00-0:10:
  • Send two villagers to the nearest animal
  • Each of the other villagers are assigned to their own food crate
  • Start building a villager ASAP
  • First two that are done are sent to a new animal
  • Other crate villager will collect all other crates except gold, and then to the second killed animal, be sure to herd, as now the animal will react when shot
  • Set TC waypoint to the first killed animal
    0:11-0:20:
  • Select scout and set a circle of waypoints around your town then off to explore the rest of map
  • Select Explorer and collect the nearest treasure
    0:21-1:45
  • Get a house built with your starting wood, perhaps a market and hunting dogs as well if you find good wood treasures or a 200 wood start.
  • Continue building villagers until you have 11 population
  • Continue herding your first hunt
  • Locate second hunt and begin herding as well
  • Get treasures of all kinds, everything will be useful in making houses, units or even XP treasures for faster fortress shipments. Just make sure your explorer doesn't die as you will possibly be making another TC in fortress if you decide to go heavier on the eco or you simply find yourself with a lot of food to spare.
    1:46-2:15:
  • Send 3 CdB card
    2:16-2:59:
  • Continue microing Explorer for treasures
    3:00-3:15:
  • Click age up
  • Select Quartermaster to receive 400 wood
    Transition

3:16-4:39:
  • Switch villagers around
  • 8 villagers food
  • 6 villagers wood until you have enough wood to make a a market and get all the age one upgrades. Consider getting steel traps if you find many wood treasures.
  • Send 4 wood villagers to gold

• Send scout and explorer to opponents base
  • Stealth scout and run around base without getting in TC range of detection, when you age, try to find what military building(s) he makes

• Colonial

4:40-4:50:
  • Gather 400 wood with 2 wood villagers
  • With 2 gold villagers, build a barracks to the side of your base
  • Build as many houses as possible with 2 wood villagers
  • Send them back to wood

• Send 4 CbD card
  • Set TC way point to food
  • One villagers should be built then 4 villagers from card also sent to food

• Have 13 villagers on food

• Set way point to gold
  • Keep it at this until needed to switch
    4:51-5:30:
  • Build 10 muskets
  • Or build one then add more later
  • RAID RAID RAID
  • Hit and run villagers, siege houses, kill some cav, ect. Just don't loose too many muskets.
    5:31-6:30
  • if he kills more than 3 of your muskets, consider building ten additional ones
  • Ship 700 gold
  • Collect the gold crates with 2 wood villagers
    6:31-7:30
  • Depending on which path you chose you will either
  • Be about to age up
  • Building more muuskets and then aging
  • *At this point you will choose either:
  • The exiled prince
  • This will be used if they are building a large rushing force or you are facing another FF/semi FF and feel that you need to hit fortress ASAP
  • The marksman/ The scout
  • This will be used if they aren’t doing the above or if they have rushed you with an attack that you think you can hold off for 1:40 by garrisoning and fighting with villagers and whatever muskets you have at that time but 6 skirms/4hussar will be needed to finish their attack of once fortress is reached
    Fortress

This is where the build order ends. The most common strategy now is to start building skirmishers and shipping cuirassiers and dragoons, quickly building a stable to produce some dragoons to fight off cav. You also may want to upgrade your muskets and make another rax to produce some muskets for anticav and siege, especially if you made more musketeers in colonial and you have some of them still alive.

Recordings will hopefully be added (Perhaps bart331 will even make one or two) with a SS of my deck.
    Suggestions? I virtually copied the 5 hussar semi iTech64 posted awhile ago so if you want to help me make improvements, that would be nice.
    Deck

Any advice on cards to use? I've been debating whether to include 600 gold as well as 700 gold...

Recordings

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2638- French mirror defensive 10- musket semi ff versus natives from Bart331 (Thanks)

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ESO-> _DukeLeto_<-ESO ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
    (-CLAN->Trρε ΣņτηţϠ [TΣ] Officer <-CLAN -)

[This message has been edited by DukeLeto (edited 10-22-2009 @ 10:13 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 10-03-09 07:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
    I would use this extra time in colonial to build up a good eco... make a market
    Good job with this.

ESO name: wonkwink
    posted 10-03-09 07:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
    get all age 1 market ups not just hunting dogs, if you get some nice wood treasures i would consider getting steel traps upon aging as well

QUACK
    posted 10-04-09 01:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
    posted 10-04-09 04:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
    Recordings will hopefully be added (Perhaps bart331 will even make one or two) with a SS of my deck.
    hehe

and wonk and sunil are right u should make a market age2 to do the upgrades. Very good job with writing this down inclusive time . This is a good strat vs civs who like to ff (spain in vanilla for example). U can also choose to make a fb and pretend it like you are rushing (not advisory vs civs who actually rush you).

GJ!

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
    ESO:Bart331
    posted 10-04-09 09:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
    got a rec

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2638

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 10-04-09 09:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  

Good job DukeLeto, these kinda things can be tricky to get build orders for, so this should be a good help to the community.

Very nice job

GR acc name: Ultraviolet [£eg¡øn]
    'hey l0bst0r3r!! r u j3w!sH ?? c@n U t3LL m3 wH3r3 t0 g3t s0m3 k0sH0r r3c!p3s?
    i l!k3 k0sh0r f00d th3r3's a j00ish r3st4ur4nt 4r0uNd t3h c0rn0r but it's s0 3xp3ns!v3'
    -l33th4x0r
    posted 10-04-09 11:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
    Good strat, always make a market & get the first hunting upgrade in discovery before you age though.
    posted 10-04-09 12:15 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
    Any other comments? Thanks for the market input, I tend to only get a discovery market with a 200w start, I know many people disagree about that...
    posted 10-05-09 07:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
    posted 10-05-09 09:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
    For nilla, the colonial shipment of CdB (5) is a good idea in this, but for TAD the 4 CdB shipment isn't the greatest idea. I would ship in 700 food/wood, wood for getting up a stable + TP, building houses, and field Xbows incase of a rush, or 700 food for guaranteed CdB production and a faster age. I just find that 4 CdB just doesn't work well.

DISTISOP
    ESO: Blitzkrieg_Mario
    Prefered civs: Hell, I like them all.
    Rank: TWC PR 18 (master sergeant) TAD PR 17, Vanilla PR 12

Clan: Triple Entente
    Favorite games: Dofus, AoE 3, Tremulous, CoD 4, SSBB, Urban Terror
    posted 10-05-09 09:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
    THERE IS NO COLONIAL 5 CDB SHIPMENT IN NILLA THAT WOULD BE INCREDIBLY OP A 6.25 VILLAGER SHIPMENT AT REGULAR SHIPMENT SPEEDS.
    Sorry about that.
    posted 10-05-09 10:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
    4 CdB = 5 Villagers, and since making Muskets from one rax as France isn't very resource-demanding, 5 Villagers at the beginning has more use than a resource card.

So yes, 3 CdB -> 4 CdB is probably the best for this strategy, and 5 CdB would be OP.
    posted 10-05-09 10:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
    What do you think about the 600 gold? I could take out the crossbow/skirm HP card or the unique church card for it.
    posted 10-06-09 05:19 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
    i would put the age2 cav upgrades in your deck, for the rest it looks like an decent deck

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 10-06-09 05:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
    lol as i read it i was like... this looks EXACTLY like itech64's.....

imo 5 hussar is better becasue of the speed and hp. true muskets have range but they're just more annoying to deal with and the settler split you would use for 5 huss gives you a better eco for cuirs in fortress, and shipping skirms is easier than shipping cuirs because they all come out around the same time and cuirs are better as a standalone unit (ie when you run out of skirmisher ships) If you think/you know your opponent will use huss, then you would use musk to counter it but as a standalone i think the 5 huss is better.
    I always get market in transition greatcoat+blunderbuss+hunting dogs for rush protection and eco boost

yeah but good bo, if you were to do it then this is how you would do it

Yar har har George Crushingtom will eat your souls
    posted 10-06-09 06:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
    I think that muskets are a good diverse unit that do fine against non hit and run xbows, beat cav and have a good siege to burn down some houses if you are vs another semi-FF or a FF. I believe 10 muskets can one-hit a villager as well, making them decent for raiding.
    Bart, you think I should switch out the xbow/skirm HP card and the UC card for the 2 colonial cav upgrades?
    posted 10-08-09 07:13 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
    Just a note: Don't name your deck musket if your actually planning on going muskets. Name it Hussar or Xbows to throw them off.

ESO name: wonkwink
    posted 10-08-09 07:47 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
    It's strange, everytime that i try to see the enemy deck it seems to be named "Ocult".

Hope to not be nobbish of mine, if it is, sorry.
    posted 10-08-09 07:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
    People can't see deck names on TAD.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
    Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
    "The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
    posted 10-08-09 08:38 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
    Just a note: Don't name your deck musket if your actually planning on going muskets. Name it Hussar or Xbows to throw them off.
    You know, I tried that once, I named my rush deck ff and my ff deck rush. Guess what happened? I picked my ff deck for a rush. XP
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » 10 Musket Semi- FF
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames