You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Flawless French Boom NR/Treaty
posted 08-04-10 02:41 AM EDT (US)   
As an introduction and my first topic in these forums, I'd first like to say that I have no experience with age3 expansion packs, so any counter attacks or defenses with civilizations excluding the original 8 I don't know about. This strategy is aimed toward NR30-35 games, but if done efficiently it can be for NR25 too. The main focus of the strategy is to boom your eco and mass cuirassier's, though later if necessary other units to counter the enemy counter-attack is simple. *** This is the perfect strategy when playing on Great Plains***

-Deck setup-
^tier 1^
3 coureurs; exotic hardwoods; food silos; rum distillery
^tier 2^
4 coureurs; TEAM hand cavalry attack; hand cavalry hitpoints;
advanced arsenal; fencing school; riding school; edict of nantes; sustainable agriculture; cigar roller
^tier 3^
1 covered wagon; cavalry combat; royal mint; refrigeration; textile mill
^tier 4^
factory; robber barrons

*Age One
Start off by quickly sending all your coureurs on food crates and build a coureur ASAP then after all the crates are finished, put 2 coureur on wood and the rest on hunting *If you only have 100 wood put 3 on wood* now, build a market. At the same time as all this, scout with your native, and look for any resource treasures you can find!!! when you get the first shipment, send the 3 coureur, and now you should be able to build a house. After you build the house focus on getting the first 2 upgrades at the market, and if possible try to get at least one trade post, this means that the length of time to age will change, but in the end its usually about the same time when your ready. when you have enough food to age, age with 400 wood. During the transition put approx 4-5 villagers on coin and 3-4 on wood, the rest still on food.

*Age Two
Now keep on pumping out Coureurs and try to get all market improvements except the ones for hp and attack. This age is the age you must keep a balance of food wood and coin which varies, usually mostly food, then a big part coin, and a some coureurs on wood. Get any upgrades necessary to improve your economy, the 4 coureurs shipment is vital, build houses etc. Save any other cards for age 3. Age ASAP sometimes if you fail to balance your coureurs you might have to sell food/coin at the market which blows. Before you age out the majority of your coureurs on wood. Age with the quick age and have your explorer near your city.

*Age Three
Send the covered wagon, and build a new TC with the wood you should have collected, put most of your villagers on food, and set all 3 TC spawns on food. At this point in the game many options are available about how you play it as far as upgrades, I like to stick to sending my eco cards in age 3. Age with 1000 coin and your on your way.

*Age Four
Okay now after age 3 is over you should have a LOT of coureurs, this is the most important age, I still barely have any military developed, but the goal for this age is to
finish , or close to finish getting 80 coureurs, get all non military improvements you still need, and then put LOTS AND LOTS of coureurs on wood once you get enough to age (perhaps the commanche trade language helps -10% coin cost), by now you have to have both factories running on coin or food, but dont upgrade them, it will be used mainly for wood most of the game. Age to 5 with the 2000 coin politician.

*Age Five
Hopefully you have at least 5000 wood or so, and you can build mills, plantations, work on the capitol upgrades for food and coin and wood, build your houses, get all the native upgrades, (keep like 20 coureurs on wood though and the other ones keep even 30-30 food/coin) pgrade your plantations, build a stable and upgrade the curraisiers stuff, send riding school card whenever, then the upgrades to eco OR curraisers combat. Get the native upgrade from the capitol, basically just go to town now on military then once your military is good to go build up defenses if you have time to spare, your army is practically undef eatable.

*******GERMANS have the unit DOPPELSOLDNER'S... this unit is like, the death of curraisers, if your playing germans, be sure to have skirms ready and upgraded, or if another civ mass anti cavalry like skirms or dragoons, usually they'll eat them, but skirms and halbeirders do the trick. having a good native army is great for this strategy... and if you really have time, you can get the church units when you play edict of nantes for the grenadeirs, with potentially 50 natives, 40 cuirassiers, and 30 or so grenadiers the army is indestructable

PS email me with any mistakes or improvements, monoxide_77@hotmail.com
OR
whisper me ChrisTheBug on AOE3, im not that high of a rank but I've played my fair share of french games to be an expert on them

[This message has been edited by Cpeel42 (edited 08-04-2010 @ 02:44 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-04-10 02:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
op

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
posted 08-04-10 07:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Germans Can also Use WW And that will counter pure cav very nicely.
Port Dragoons are great or masses of Dutch Ryters that hit and run you behind their walls.

Using a Cav army like that EVEN FRENCH, Walls are your worst enemy. You really need to mix in Artillery with your army. Mortars will be your best friend.

Also Scrims are not counter to enemy cav.

There is no way no matter how good your eco is you can muster wave after wave of Expensive Cav to just throw at your foe until he drowns in them. Its much better to use the diversity of french troops to your advantage from the start.
With that being said...Anything lower than Master Segt rank, this would actually work really well because of the lack of mirco.
posted 08-04-10 03:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
well, with advanced arsenal, the upgrade for hand cavalry building attack basically means ive NEVER had problems with walls, with all 4 of my cav pressed up against a wall i can usually destroy it in 2-3 seconds.
posted 08-04-10 03:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Ditch the coureur shipment cards, add military or eco upgrade cards.
posted 08-04-10 05:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
I havent tested replacing those cards, mailnly because the whole strategy revolves around them as the foundation it allows a very quick imperial age, at around 17:30 i can usually age to V, i suppose theres lots of ways to age faster, but with a sustainable economy that paves the road for a great military I like those cards
posted 08-04-10 10:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Jinete Dragoons own full upgraded Gendarmes.

I also advise you to do the card trick which will get you 90 courers.

[This message has been edited by CopyTheCat (edited 08-04-2010 @ 10:37 PM).]

posted 08-04-10 10:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
definitely need a guide for this

QUACK
posted 08-07-10 01:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
lmao wtf copy the cat.
You CANT get 90 courers.

Everyone keeps saying.. "do the card trick!"
there is no trick.

Who has EVER been able to get "the card trick"?
Have you EVER gotten 90 courers?

Its impossible. Unless you hax.

Dont give advice on things you have never done yourself :P
(unless plainly saying you dont know wtf youre talking about....)

ESO: StormComing/SoulSong
Activity: Retired (GG peace out)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StorminAOE3
posted 08-07-10 03:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
I have gotten 90 courers before actually.

To do this you must have 3 courer and 4 courer card in your deck, and also you must have 4 shipments saved before you age to imperial.

Before you age to imperial, you must have 76 courer, and right before you age you send 4 courer and 3 courer card, and once you imp you send 4 courer and 3 again.
posted 08-07-10 04:36 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
Copythecat you're embarrasing yourself here. Just stop talking.

Only 1 way to get over 80 coureurs in a rated game online: Sufi natives tech , which gives +10% settler/cdb count. This way you get 88 CdB.

That's it, theres no trick.

'09 Match Of Death Winner

My elorating

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. -Napoleon
posted 08-07-10 05:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
If it was possible don't you think the people at agecomm would know all about it
posted 08-07-10 10:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
Im talking about Vanilla.....

and this is what this topic is about.
If it was possible don't you think the people at agecomm would know all about it
Where do you think I learn it from?

[This message has been edited by CopyTheCat (edited 08-07-2010 @ 10:54 PM).]

posted 08-08-10 05:35 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
who play treaty on nilla xD, i would rush every game ^^

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
posted 08-08-10 06:36 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
Only 1 way to get over 80 coureurs in a rated game online: Sufi natives tech , which gives +10% settler/cdb count. This way you get 88 CdB.

That's it, theres no trick.
there are a few native techs apart from sufi. There was a native civ which let you train native couriers(same as ordinary couriers.ofc they have a build limit), and another which had a tech costing maby 400 res which would give you 4 ordinary settlers

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
posted 08-08-10 08:04 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
I think the Cherokee have the 4 settlers tech, and the Cree have the Coureurs. The unit's title is actually "Cree Coureur."

EDIT:
I love the Sufi technology that allows more villie pop! I love my villagers and will use that tech so much. 108 villagers will make a better economy than will 99 villagers!

[This message has been edited by Wally L (edited 08-08-2010 @ 08:13 AM).]

posted 08-08-10 11:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
EDIT:
I love the Sufi technology that allows more villie pop! I love my villagers and will use that tech so much. 108 villagers will make a better economy than will 99 villagers!
TEEHEE! thx for tip

ESO: StormComing/SoulSong
Activity: Retired (GG peace out)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StorminAOE3
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Flawless French Boom NR/Treaty
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames