You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Unstoppable Tribute Blitz
posted 03-15-11 10:27 PM EDT (US)   
I have had my fun using this strat and destroyed many with it. To do this strategy you need a pretty close friend.
I was thinking that if one player could use both his and his teammate's resources, he would probably be three times as powerful instead of 2 because he will only have to pay for upgrades once and age much, much faster. Thus I came up with this and it owns.
It is for 2v2 and that only.
There are several options for this strat:
1) One person plays Portugal, the other Russia
2) One person plays Portugal, the other Germany

What you do in this strategy is in the beginning Portugal queues 3 settlers and builds a house.
-As soon as the ports have 200 food they send it to the other player
-This player will have trained 3 settlers and upon recieving the 200 food can age immediately

For Russia:
-To do this train 1 batch of settlers
-As soon as you are aging send all 8 settlers to wood
-Send one settler to build an extremely foward blockhouse
-Once you age set the 13 strelets card and set blockhouse to recieve shipments
-The port teamate should send 700 food at this time
-Train 20 more strelets
-Send the strelets into one person's base
-Make sure you have some strelets waiting betwixt the enemies' bases to catch running settlers
-These 33 strelets should hit your opponent very, very, very early and destroy him completely
-From this point it is 2v1 and I don't need to explain much more

For Germany:
-Train 2 or 4 settlers
-age upon recieving the extra food
-when aging get enough wood to build a stable and several houses upon aging
-Once you start to age have portugal's settlers mine
-put your 9 villies on food(wagons count as 2)
-Build plenty of Ulhans and run around their base from all different angles and destroy all their villies
-After attacking their base with the raiders 3 times, camp your ulhans by their forest and/or hunts
-Once this has happened you must build a forward barracks and with more Portuguese tribute, you must mass doppelsoldners and move in to burn and destroy them utterly

For the Portuguese Player:
-queue several settlers in the beginning and keep all your settlers on food
-The key to playing here is to continually train settlers
To do this you must: have 6 settlers on food; one on wood (your initial seven settlers )
-Basically continually train settlers, your teamate will tell you which resources he needs

Have fun rushing!

Feel free to ask any questions you have and tell me anything you think may make this strat better

This works best on Great Plains

[This message has been edited by maestroman (edited 03-17-2011 @ 10:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-17-11 09:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
the 15% (?) tribute tax balances any advantage it might really give you
posted 03-17-11 11:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
The tax doesn't make much of a difference, I have done it against all levels and it owns
posted 03-17-11 01:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
You're PR 12, that means you've only tried it against low lvl people.

All in rushes hardly work on high lvls.

Once you've aged you still need to wait a minute before you have your strelets out. You don't have any siege, no anti-cav and no mobility. You may garrison one opponent a bit, but he still can send unit shipments and can maybe even build a military building. Meanwhile the other opponent can just spam hussar and your ally is no help at all.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
posted 03-17-11 07:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
First, I am pr 12 because I let my friends play on my account sometimes.

Secondly, you can immediately start training troops as soon as you age because you can build a blockhouse in the first age and with more tributes, you can train men extremely early, before they age.

The strelet version only works against lower-levels, but the Ulhan version can beat anyone as the Ulhans will destroy all the settlers

You should try it and see.

[This message has been edited by maestroman (edited 03-17-2011 @ 07:02 PM).]

posted 03-18-11 10:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
I think this strat is pretty OP if an aztec is fed by a port/brit or maybe otto since they dont need to buy vils. The aztec ages with the fast politician and ships coyotes and mace while spamming puma. The army can be in one of the enemies base before they age if you have good micro. PUMA OWN BUILDINGS!
posted 03-18-11 01:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Ive benen beaten in a 2v2 by an azzie being slung by an otto, pumas destroy TC and coy destroy villiews.
posted 03-19-11 11:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Yes it is very OP
If anyone has any changes they would make, please state them

[This message has been edited by maestroman (edited 03-21-2011 @ 00:35 AM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The Unstoppable Tribute Blitz
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames