Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: [British Guides]Grenadier, LB/Pike
posted 08-21-11 02:21 AM EDT (US)   
A Cluster **** of British Info
BRITISH STRATEGIES - AOE3 'Nilla | Mac 1.05 | Pc 1.13

"7 | Cluster ****: also - I'm not sure that these strats are perfect, these are just what I do"

British strategies made up / conjured by Cluster ****, I only wrote them down.

Longbow / Pike - 1V1
Good v. Otto (Rush, just don't build an fb), Dutch
CARD ORDER:
3 vil | AGE 2 | 700 wood, 600 wood, 6 longbow, 5 villies

====AGE 1====
• Manor: waypoint to food source
• send food crate villas to kill bison
• have the remaining one or two finish collecting crates
if you have 3 wood crates you can build two manors and you want to do that asap (2 extra villies (earlier the better) if you have 2 wood crates)
• you also want to ignore gold crates at this stage
-----
there's two possibilities with brits; 2 or 3 wood crates
• if you have 2 wood crates:
• you can only afford one manor house
• so you might as well just collecte 135 wood and build a manor
• and leave the rest of the crate untouched during age 1
• now for 3 crates
• that means you can afford two manor houses
• so collect enough for 2 manors and build them
• that's 2 free villies
• it's almost like starting with 8
• instead of 6•
----
• as soon as you're done collecting food crates - send those villies to join the three bison hunters
• as soon as your done with the manor houses
• send thos•e villies to bison as well
• in age 1, never build more than 6 villies at the tc. This means, because your first card is 3 villies and you start with 6, 12+3 = 15, +1 from a manor house = 16
AGE UP WITH 500 FOOD POLITICIAN

====TRANSITION TO COLONIAL====
• all but 2 villagers go to wood
• those 2 villagers stay on food
• take 2 of the wood gatherers and send them to a choice fb location (by hunts/mines/wood/a cool treasure)
• in order to avoid pop cap, get a manor at tc base (produced vill --> wood)
OR: (this saves on villie seconds)
• instead of sending 2 villagers to the fb, just send one villie to the fb
• during the transition you want to build a manor house at the fb location. Thus, 2 villie
• Also, building the house during the transition helps keep you from getting pop capped and gives you some extra xp

====COLONIAL=====
• you'll have 400-500 wood by the time you age

a lot of stuff has to happen really fast as soon as you get to age 2
• 1. have 3 villies collect the 500 food crates from age up
• 2. take 3 or 4 villies off of wood and have them go to• food
• 3. send the 700 wood shipment•
• 4. both forward builders build 1 rax each (for two raxes - this is much faster than 1 tax at a time)
• 5. queue a villie up at the tc

• as soon as both rax are up - queue up lbows in both
• collect 700 wood shipment (should be arriving right after the 3 villies are done collecting the 500 food from age-up)
•here you also have to do a little impressionistic math with wood… you want to make sure you have at least 80 wood ready when both rax go up because you want at least 1 lb each when it starts
• if it's possible to get a manor up and still have 80 wood, do so
• anyway, when you are collecting the wood shipment, move all but 3/4 tree-cutters to food
• I would aim for having your pop limit be like 40-50 making units @ double rax and keeping villie production constant at the t•
• RE: the 2nd/3rd cards… I personally like to send 600 wood next (and of course, when the 600 wood comes, I move villies off of wood cept for maybe 3 or 4 to prevent too much wood, and then restore the vills back to wood when I'm done collecting)
OR
• send the 6 lb card. If you need anti-cav, send the 6 musk
• one variant of this strat is, if you think they're going cav - i.e. you spot a stable, you might want to pump out 8-10 pike first, before calling bows
*NOTE: add pike anyway cause of the siege damage*

Grenadier - for Team Battles (4v4, etc)

CARD ORDER: 3 vils |AGE 2| 700 gold, whatever you need

===AGE 1 IS THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS STRATEGY FOR PIKE/LB===
• you want to make sure you have at least 120 gold ready by the time you get to colonial. sometimes you'll have this from crates/treasures, if you don't, put some wood vills onto gold immediately when getting to age 2 (about 8-10 or so)
• when the gold shipment arrives - take villies off gold to prevent a gold glut and put them on whatever resource you need (usually food)

===AGE WITH THE SAME 500 FOOD POLITICIAN===

===STARTING AT AGE 2:====
•Send 700 gold
•leave 5 vills on wood (use any extra wood you got from the transition to build manors and/or a market)
•use the same 3 villies that collect the 500 food to collect the gold shipment
•and then just keep queueing up grens at the artillery range... 5 at a time
• support your teammates in the push - aim for infantry and when the infantry is gone - buildings
• take out buildings in 1-2 volleys
• From here on do whatever cards, etc you need

Gameranger account ID 1480277
Macbook Pro 2011 8gb ram / 2.3ghz
Replies:
posted 08-21-11 12:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Hey man - (this is Cluster - ashamed lemur was my old handle back when I used to play aoe II and had an account here). I've edited the strat and condensed it a bit (leaving out unnecessary tips and tricks that people should know anyway, like waypointing manors and such and initial crate micro). I've reposted it above.
posted 08-21-11 12:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Longbow / Pike - 1V1
Good v. Otto (Rush, just don't build an fb), Dutch
Good v Otto? As in better than other brit starts?

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
posted 08-21-11 04:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Vs. what one might call a standard otto rush (e.g. jan/abus), it's the only brit strat that's worked for me in 1 v 1 (the Otto player is going to age before me and start massing before me, so I base at home behind the tc, mass lbows and maybe about 10 pike or so (or send musk) in case he's adding some cav... just keep massing and scouting until he hits or until you think you have enough lbows to harrass his jan/abus mass and take out his fb. Lbows + tc fire and maybe minute men will soundly eat up jan/abus. Jan/Abus are OP, but so are massed lbows, so it's a good counter imho.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » [British Guides]Grenadier, LB/Pike
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames