You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: how are custom titles give ?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-08-05 01:37 AM EDT (US)   
hew guys.. been trying to figure this out for a long time...
all the mods are generals (orange)
red ppl are commanders
ES guys are VIPs (blue)
green fellows are Lieutenants

the rest of the ppl are colonists

what is the promotion criteria ????
hope u can help... thanks!

UPDATE:

Quote:

What do the different coloured names mean?
They are the different members of staff. In most cases they are given angelic names to tie in with our Heaven theme.

Cherubs (green) do work on various sites such as writing content, posting news and/or moderating forums

Angels (red) do the same but also have FTP access to the sites so that they can add their content (and that produced by cherubs). They are often in charge of one particular part of a site.

Seraphs (orange – purple at HG Main) are the angels that act as webmasters for each site. They make the major decisions for the site and oversee the staff.

VIPs (blue) are people who work for game developers.

U can also send LP a cheque.... but dont tell anyone ;-))

-:- The Difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius Has its Limits !! -:-
Albert Einstien

[This message has been edited by KnightsTemplar (edited 04-08-2005 @ 12:41 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-08-05 01:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
...The worst thing to do is ask.

sig
posted 04-08-05 01:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
u know, i kind of figured it was ..... but i took my chances anyway...
maybe itll help other ppl ;-)

-:- The Difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius Has its Limits !! -:-
Albert Einstien

[This message has been edited by KnightsTemplar (edited 04-08-2005 @ 01:42 AM).]

posted 04-08-05 01:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
I have actually always wondered if there are set criteria for moddishness...

sig
posted 04-08-05 01:49 AM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
What i like about this forum is.. that it does not depend upon the amount of posts.. like in some other forums.. keeps out nonsense posts.
For middishness (as u call it).. i am absolutely certain that it is only the mods who decide.. but what about the other ranks. ( i can guess how the VIPs got their's)... but the rest is a mystery ..

Albert Einstien
posted 04-08-05 01:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
Aren't Seraphs co-ordinators for their site? While Cherubs are content contributers...? And Angels are mods?

*confuses self*

sig
posted 04-08-05 02:02 AM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
To try and explain this, I'll explain HeavenGames' moderation system. First of all, you have us normal forumers, then you have Cherubs, who are the most basic type of mod, and DO NOT have FTP access to the site, Angels, who DO have FTP access to the site, and are your normal mod, and Seraphs, who are Admins. Seraphs at AoE3H have the custom title of General, Angels have the custom title of Commander, Cherubs have the custom title of Lieutenant, and normal forumers have the custom title of Colonist. Before you ask, you cannot change your custom title. VIPs at this Heaven are mainly members of Ensemble Studios, the creators of the Age series, and these few pop in to maybe leak some new info about AoE3, or to look at ideas suggested by us forumers.

To become a mod, you would most likely to have been active here for several years, and have been an upstanding member of our community. Also, having no marks in Moderation Announcements helps.

I Hope that I helped!

ScottishFinn

2006 OD Fantasy Football League Champion

[This message has been edited by ScottishFinn (edited 04-08-2005 @ 02:03 AM).]

posted 04-08-05 02:06 AM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
Just for clarification so that I seem smarter than I really am, I already knew all that. I just... wasn't sure.

sig
posted 04-08-05 02:09 AM EDT (US)     8 / 30  

Quote:

What do the different coloured names mean?
They are the different members of staff. In most cases they are given angelic names to tie in with our Heaven theme.

Cherubs (green) do work on various sites such as writing content, posting news and/or moderating forums

Angels (red) do the same but also have FTP access to the sites so that they can add their content (and that produced by cherubs). They are often in charge of one particular part of a site.

Seraphs (orange – purple at HG Main) are the angels that act as webmasters for each site. They make the major decisions for the site and oversee the staff.

VIPs (blue) are people who work for game developers.

Quote:

Staff are appointed by the seraph of a site as and when needed. They keep an eye on the forums and when someone is needed, they will ask someone based on their knowledge of the particular job that is vacant.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
posted 04-08-05 02:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
Thanks ScottishFinn and Fwiffo !

Unlike black_knight_101, i did not know a lot of what u just said.

......I think the work of this thread is done now... mods can close it if they like. hope it will help other ppl also.

Adios

Albert Einstien
posted 04-08-05 09:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
*points and laughs at Colonists and Lieutenants*

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 04-08-05 09:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
What if I said I was packing a musket?

sig
posted 04-08-05 10:05 AM EDT (US)     12 / 30  

Quote:

What i like about this forum is.. that it does not depend upon the amount of posts.. like in some other forums.. keeps out nonsense posts.

There is a post counter, you have to go to you'r profile in the HG main forum, I'm up to 2027 posts while some are about 30,000. no-lifers like Jayhawk, Mete etc .etc.

posted 04-08-05 10:43 AM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
On the contrary, Jayhawk certainly has a life. I don't know how he manages to be so active, but he certainly spends a lot of time away from the forums doing things.

Sith
Halo 2 Stats | AoMH | AoE3H | FMT
posted 04-08-05 11:28 AM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
Than just Mete, and the forumers of OD
posted 04-08-05 11:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
Send me a check

posted 04-08-05 11:51 AM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
A check or a cheque?

ada
posted 04-08-05 12:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30  

Quote:

There is a post counter

Lol tnx, I didnt know that.

I have only 277 posts, but I am only member for about 3 months

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 04-08-05 12:20 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
I have 2171 posts.

ada
posted 04-08-05 12:24 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
Let's not list all our post counts.

Quote:

what is the promotion criteria ????

I'll tell you what I've told others: don't call us, we'll call you.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 04-08-05 02:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  

Quote:

A check or a cheque?

Check in the US, Cheque in the UK.

posted 04-08-05 03:03 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
I went past my 3333th post a few days ago.
posted 04-08-05 03:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
Dude, did you just completly ignore Shiva? He told you guys not to turn this thread into a post count show-off and then you go ahead to post your post count.. bad =\

posted 04-08-05 03:57 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
I only have one post, biatches.

Proper grammar and spelling are the largest of the requirements.

Also, think, if everyone who asked to be an Angelic Being was an Angelic Being, everyone(mostly people with bad taste, like Meteora, and FlyingMonkey), would be banned.

Parrothead Sines- Loveable Asshole
    Music ||Food || Womens
    jjohn is better than Elpea,and the Fonz put together - BK 101
    You're lucky I love you - Elpea

[This message has been edited by jjohn (edited 04-08-2005 @ 04:14 PM).]

posted 04-08-05 07:13 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
Thank God Mete isn't a mod. I would have been perma-banned about 6 times already.
posted 04-08-05 07:28 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
Basically the only criterion for becoming a mod is to never ask how to/request to become a mod.

Sorry

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » how are custom titles give ?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames